/the end/

My Best Friend's Step-Sister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Guys, I think I'm obsessed with writing satzu one-shots like they're so fluffy? but yeah enjoy this cuz this is rough af

Minatozaki Sana was the school’s player, but she was also Tzuyu’s best friend’s step-sister. Tzuyu remembered the first time she met the girl. 

 

Mina stood in the kitchen, cooking a small meal for the patient girl who was sitting on a stool, watching her best friend. Tzuyu sat with her elbows on the counter as she watched Mina effortlessly crack eggs. “Mina-unnie, why are you so good at cooking?” Tzuyu showed a dimpled smile as Mina laughed at her. 

 

“I guess I learned from the best.” The Japanese shows a sad smile and continued to cook as Tzuyu slightly frowned at the statement. Mina’s mother passed away when she was eight-years-old and ended up running away, not believing her mother’s death. That was when she met Tzuyu. The younger girl had just moved into Korea in the previous week and had no clue on how to speak Korean. With the two being foreigners in the country, Tzuyu ended up understanding the latter’s emotions and helped Mina return back home to her father who was worried to death. After that, Chou Tzuyu and Myoui Mina were inseparable. 

 

The two were always teased that one day, the two would become a couple and fall deeply in love. However, Tzuyu sincerely knew Mina had no feelings for her since the girl always had her eyes on a certain student— And the younger girl has never felt more than okay about it, she always thought of Mina as the older sister she’s never had. 

 

The sound of the front door opened and Tzuyu assumed it was Mina’s father, but was shocked to meet eyes with an unfamiliar girl. Mina turns her head to see her new step-sister boring her eyes at Tzuyu. 

 

“Oh…” Mina still hasn’t told Tzuyu about her new step-mother’s daughter moving in the house. “Tzuyu, this is Sana. She’s living with us now.” She said in an emotionless voice and kept her eyes on the eggs. It wasn’t like Mina hated her new family, it was just that Sana was known for being a player and caused lots of fights. 

 

Tzuyu widened her eyes at the sudden news and looked back at the unknown girl who was now slightly glaring at her. With the Taiwanese being the nicest person in the world, she subconsciously smiled at her. “Hi, you must be from Japan? I’m Tzuyu, I hope you’re enjoying your stay.” She introduced herself in a cheery voice and Mina silently groaned at her best friend. 

 

Why is my best friend such a pure angel? 

 

Sana stares at Tzuyu for a minute and then smirks to herself. Mina knew that look and immediately started to talk in Japanese. “Do not lay a hand on her, Minatozaki!” She yelled out, shocking Tzuyu and all Sana did was have that stupid smug smile on her face. 

 

The latter lowly chuckled at her step-sister as she grabbed an apple that was beside Tzuyu’s arm. She spoke back in Japanese and Tzuyu was shocked to hear the cold voice. “You don’t have to worry about me, sister. I’ll just hook up with every other girl in your school.” She playfully winks at Mina and quickly retreats back to her bedroom. The latter growls at her sister and Tzuyu was suddenly worried for her best friend. 

 

“Mina-unnie, what the heck was that!” The younger girl knew Mina was not the type to raise her voice. The latter heaves a long sigh as she pats her forehead. 

 

“Do not go near her.” She demanded in a cold voice, ignoring Tzuyu’s question. Mina then looks at Tzuyu. “Okay!? Answer me, Chou Tzuyu!” The younger girl flinched as she sheepishly nodded, not knowing why Mina would ask such a thing. However, Tzuyu had to admit Sana was pretty… 

 

——

 

It has been two months since Sana moved to Korea and transferred to the same school as Mina and Tzuyu. The younger girl now understood why Mina told her to stay away from Sana as she ended up witnessing Sana lip-lock with every boy and girl in the school— Well, all except for herself and Mina. 

 

She had also witnessed Sana get into many fights at school. 

 

“Stop it, Nabongs!” Jeongyeon yelled out at her best friend and Jihyo could only stand with a frown on her face. 

 

Nayeon stood in front of Sana, fuming at the player as the latter blankly looked at her. “No! This player took my phone!” She childishly yelled out, making the latter roll her eyes at her. Mina and Tzuyu managed to push themselves through the crowd of students and watched as Nayeon swung a fist at the girl’s face. 

 

Tzuyu gasped when she saw Sana stand still, not letting herself show any pain and Mina was in a dilemma, knowing that her crush had hit her step-sister. Jeongyeon was frozen in her spot, knowing that this was the first time Nayeon fought first. 

 

Sana continued to look blankly at Nayeon as the girl kept yelling at her. “You ! Fight me back! Isn’t that what you’re known for? Fighting and hooking up with everyone!?” She spat out to anger Sana but the girl maintained her composure. 

 

“Shut the up.” The Japanese mumbled out and Nayeon continued to yell. 


“Speak louder, you !” 

 

“I SAID SHUT UP!” Sana snapped at her as she charged towards the latter, pouncing on her and laying a couple of hits on Nayeon’s face. Mina couldn’t take it anymore and tightly grasped Sana’s arm, pulling her off of Nayeon. Jeongyeon and Jihyo helped their best friend up as the girl now had a bloody nose. 

 

Sana showed an evil smile as she chuckled at the sight of Nayeon. “Are you really that mad that I rejected you that night?” The girl could only frown, not having any more power to fight and Sana shakes her head in pity as Mina takes her away from the scene with Tzuyu quietly following the sisters. 

 

“What the , Minatozaki!” Mina cursed out as she shoved Sana on a bench outside of the school. 

 

“You need to stop interrupting my fights, Mina!” The troublemaker interjected like a little kid and Mina scoffed at her. Not only was she mad that Sana had not walked away in the first place, but the fact that Nayeon confessed to her sister. 

 

She let her anger consume herself. “You know what you need to do. Grow up, you !” The girl fumed out and stomped away, leaving Tzuyu shyly staring at Sana. 

 

The younger girl heistantly takes a seat beside Sana and looked at her to see her cheek was plain red from Nayeon’s punch. “Sunbae… Your— “ She was about to point at her cheek but Sana stops her. 

 

“— How many times do I have to tell you, Tzuyu? Call me ‘unnie’.” The girl coldly stated as she stared straight ahead. 

 

Tzuyu furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. “How could I call you unnie if you can’t treat others with respect?” She didn’t intend to say it like that. 

 

The younger girl got up from the bench and Tzuyu swore for the first time, she saw Sana frown in disappointment. 

 

——

 

“I can’t believe that stupid girl is going to have a party in MY house.” Mina rambled out about her step-sister as she plopped herself on Tzuyu’s couch. 

 

Tzuyu hands Mina a glass of cold water and sits beside her. “Isn’t it technically her house as well?” She questioned with a joking tone and Mina shoots a quick glare. 

 

“Don’t tell me you’ve already fallen for her?” The girl asks in a serious tone, making Tzuyu’s heart stop beating. 

 

Mina notices how Tzuyu becomes silent and awkwardly laughs at her best friend, hitting her shoulder. “I’m kidding, Tzu!” The latter responds with a fake smile and laughs it off with Mina. 

 

“Yeah!” Tzuyu scratches the back of her neck and silence engulfed the room. 

 

“So… Are you coming to the party?” Mina hesitantly asked, knowing that Tzuyu wasn’t the party-type and the girl raises an eyebrow in response. 

 

“I thought Sana said we weren’t allowed to come?” The girl innocently asked and Mina giggled at how obedient Tzuyu was. 

 

Mina then smirks at Tzuyu. “Did I not just say that the party was at my house?” The girl wiggled her eyebrows at Tzuyu. “Besides, we need to get you with someone.” 

 

Tzuyu groaned as she grabbed the pillow closest to her and slammed it on Mina’s face. “How many times have I told you! I’m not interested in a relationship.” Mina has always been trying to set up Tzuyu on blind dates. 

 

Mina sighed out, slumping her shoulders. “Oh, come on! Look at yourself!” The Japanese shamelessly checks out her best friend’s body and Tzuyu wraps her arms around her torso, getting shy at the topic. Mina shakes her head at her and looked at her with hope. “Then, could you at least make out with someone for one night?” 

 

“Unnie!” Tzuyu scolded the girl, throwing another pillow at her face. She knew there were numerous times Mina had yelled at Sana for bringing people to her house so that they could get intimate. 

 

Mina laughed out, showing her gummy teeth as Tzuyu started to tickle her stomach. “Okay— okay!” She commanded for the younger girl to stop. 

 

“Fine, I’ll fulfill your needs if you kiss Nayeon at the party!” Tzuyu showed a grin as now Mina was blushing red from the mention of her crush. 

 

“I-I don’t know…” Mina stammered out and Tzuyu places a supportive hand on her shoulder. 

 

“Pleaseeeee.” The younger girl begged out, showing her infamous puppy look and Mina couldn’t resist that look. 

 

Mina groaned out as she rolled her eyes. “Fine.” She stated in a defeated tone and Tzuyu clapped her hands together. 

 

——

 

It was the day of the party and Tzuyu was forced to wear something revealing to the party. With Mina’s approval, she ended up wearing a crop top that showed her midriff and jean shorts. Mina whistled when she saw Tzuyu enter her house that was crowded with drunk students from their school. 

 

The younger girl places her hands on her stomach, covering them and Mina playfully rolled her eyes as she gently took Tzuyu’s hands off. “You look fine, Tzu.” The best friends giggled with each other as Mina pulls her to the ‘dance floor’ and the music blasted out. 

 

Tzuyu had still not seen Sana but she wondered if the girl was actually communicating with others or latching her lips on someone’s neck. 

 

Nayeon walked up to Mina and Tzuyu who were dancing with each other and flashed her famous smile. Although Nayeon may not have the greatest reputation in the school, she was still very kind to the two. 


“Hi Mina!” She yelled at the top of her lungs through the loud music, making Mina giggle at her. The girl looks at Tzuyu to greet her and then goes back to directing all of her attention to Mina.

 

Tzuyu has no clue on why Mina doesn’t realize that Nayeon really likes her. 

 

Liking someone really does blind your sight. (A/N: Love-Blind? hehe) 

 

Speaking of liking someone, Sana walks in the room and Tzuyu felt her breath hitch. Her best friend’s sister looked… Gorgeous. She then shakes her head to herself. She made a promise to Mina that she will not be involved in Sana’s antics. 

 

Tzuyu frowned at the sight of Sana pecking Eunha’s lip and loosely wrapped her arm around the latter’s waist. She watched as Sana leaned in closer to whisper in Eunha’s ear and the player retrieved an eager nod from the latter as they started to walk upstairs to which the younger girl presumed, Sana’s bedroom. 

 

As Nayeon was talking to Mina, she noticed Tzuyu frowning and stopped talking to nudge her head at the young girl. Mina shows a confused look at her and then turns her head at Tzuyu who was sighing to herself. 

 

“Tzuyu-ya, are you okay?” Mina asked in concern and Tzuyu meekly nodded as she excused herself from the two. The girl walks outside to be relieved of being able to hear herself think since the loud music was now faint. 

 

“You need to stop thinking about her. Stupid!” She muttered to herself and by accident bumped into a guy. “Sorry.” She quickly apologized, keeping her head down and the guy chuckles at her. 

 

“Don’t worry about it.” Tzuyu immediately recognized the voice and looked up to see Taecyeon grinning at her with his perfect smile. 

 

The younger girl became shy from Taecyeon’s attractiveness and bowed her head. “I’m sorry, sunbae.” Taecyeon laughed again and places his hand under Tzuyu’s cheek, shocking the girl.

 

“Please, Tzuyu. Call me Taecyeon from now.” The girl widens her eyes in surprise that the boy knew her name. If it wasn’t for Mina, Tzuyu would be a nobody at the school. 

 

She sheepishly nods as Taecyeon grabbed a shot glass filled with alcohol from the closest table and offered it to Tzuyu, earning a hesitant look from the girl. He quietly chuckles. “I’m guessing you don’t drink alcohol?” 

 

Tzuyu shows a closed-mouth smile. “Not often.” She was about to grab the glass from Taecyeon until a firm hand wraps around her wrist, stopping her from doing so. 

 

Her head snaps towards Sana who was glaring at the boy. “She can’t drink that.” The Japanese commanded in a knowing tone and Tzuyu furrows her eyebrows in confusion and anger. She thought she would be in bed with Eunha by now. 

 

“What do you know about me?” Tzuyu bluntly asked, surprising Sana. The younger girl shrugs off Sana’s hand and takes the glass, forcing the liquid down . 

 

Taceyeon proudly grins at Tzuyu as Sana watched with worried eyes. The troublemaker then looks at Taecyeon who has a smirk on his face. 

 

“Yeah, Sana…” He mimicked Tzuyu’s voice. “What do you know about her?” Sana remained silent as she stood back and watched as Taecyeon continued to drown Tzuyu with alcohol. 

 

The girl continuously took every shot and Sana kept count of each one. 

 

Eight shots… I should stop her or else Mina would kill her. 

 

She knew that Tzuyu wouldn’t listen to her so she rushed inside the house to find her step-sister. She groaned when she saw her sister making out with Nayeon on the kitchen counter, making her slap her own forehead. 

 

I should’ve known Mina liked her…

 

The girl shakes her head in disbelief as she continued to watch the two devour each other’s mouth.

 

She’s never going to stop at this point…— Tzuyu! 

 

Sana’s eyes went wide as she suddenly remembered the young girl and sprinted outside the house to not see any sign of Tzuyu or Taecyeon. 

 

She frantically looks around and decided to resort to her last choice. She walks up to Jeongyeon and Jihyo who show looks of disgust and Sana raises her hands in defeat as she quickly talked. “Listen, I’m not here to fight. I just need to know if you’ve seen Tzuyu around.” 

 

Jeongyeon steps in front of her, looking down at her. “What do you want to do with our Tzuyu?” She asked in a threatening tone and Sana sighed out in frustration. 

 

“I just need to know where she is!” She grumbled out and Jihyo’s facial expression softened as she noticed Sana was genuinely worried for the girl. She places a hand on Jeongyeon’s shoulder to calm her and stands in front of Jeongyeon. 

 

She spoke in a calm tone. “The last time I saw her was with Taecyeon.” 

 

Sana’s heart dropped at the statement and she frantically grabbed Jihyo by her shoulders. “Where!? She’s not safe!” She yelled out and Jihyo’s mouth dropped, meanwhile Jeongyeon slowly starts to get worried for Tzuyu. 

 

“I-I… I think they went to his car.” Sana nodded at Jihyo to thank her as she ran off with all of her speed to the streets. She was relieved to see Tzuyu but immediately became angry when she sees that the young girl is drunk and Taecyeon is carrying her off his shoulders. 

 

“Let me go, oppa!” Tzuyu called out as she weakly slapped his back, tears were starting to form in her eyes. Luckily Tzuyu knew she was in danger although she was very drunk. Taecyeon continued to walk to his car as he lowly chuckled. 

 

“Oh, Tzuyu… So innocent and naive…” He grinned and Sana fumed as she began to run towards Taecyeon and with all of her power, tackled the man to the ground, making him drop Tzuyu. 

 

Sana winced when she sees a drunk Tzuyu drop to the ground but when she had the chance, she harshly stomps on Taecyeon’s private area, making him cry out in pain. She then repeatedly punches his attractive face and Tzuyu rubs her head, slowly becoming sober. 

 

“S-s-stop…” Tzuyu quietly cried out as she watched Sana beat Taecyeon to death. “Stop, Sana!” She croaked out and Sana slowly let her fists hang as she stands up to face Tzuyu, leaving Taecyeon who is now unconscious from the punches. 

 

Tzuyu backs up in fear that Sana would hurt her, but she gets shocked when she feels a pair of strong arms tightly wrap around her. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter