Final

Twins

“Yerin unnie, I’ll be outside I swear.”

Yerin was grimacing as she tried to even her breath, sweat rolling in beads down her still beautiful face.

“I’m scared Eunbi yah.”

“It’s just a little cut unnie, don’t worry. If its serious they’ll let me in. I’ll barge right in if you scream.”

Kissing Yerin’s forehead SinB let herself be held back as the nurses pushed Yerin into the OR. It was a miracle, when the new tech for making a  baby using two x chromosomes happened, SinB was overjoyed. Yerin was nervous, and on top of that, she happened to get twins.

At first the regular birthing was allowed, until the twins decided that they didn’t want each other to go first, then complications arrived.

“I love you Yerin.”

“I love you too Eunbi.”

“Take my bravery, I’m right here for you.”

SinB sat outside, biting her fingers on the knuckles, her leg bouncing as well. Hearing running footsteps, she looked up to see someone familiar.

“Sowon unnie?”

“SinB yah! Why didn’t you call me the moment she started having contractions?!”

Sitting down with a huff, she pulled the panicked soon to be mother into her side, her shoulders.

“But how did you know then?”

“Eunha got a call from her mom, who got a call from your mom, who got a call from the hospital, you idiot.”

Ruffling SinB’s hair, Sowon smiled gently. “Did you tell her you love her?”

“Of course.”

“Did you tell her how much you were going to love them?”

“Every day.”

Smiling softly, Sowon tucked SinB under her chin, hugging her like Yerin would.

“Don’t worry, everything will be okay. There might be a scar on her stomach for a while, but I’m sure that won’t turn you off.”

SinB slapped Sowon’s arms, pulling free of the hug, the older laughing heartily.

“Calm down, its probably almost over now.”

SinB glanced at the clock, it was true. Standing up, she started to pace around the door. Freezing, SinB made eye contact with Sowon. Sowon looked equally surprised.

“Uwaaaahhhkkkkk! Waaaahhhhh!”

They were born.

“Hwang Eunbi ssi?” SinB ran to the nurse at the door. Looking back at Sowon one last time, she saw her leader nod her head. Taking a breath, she followed the nurse into the OR.

SinB gasped when she saw her twins, they were still bright pink in the skin, the nurse had already cleaned them thankfulky.

“Congrats, you have a healthy boy and girl. They are a little underweight, but that’s expected for twins.”

SinB’s hand couldn’t leave , turning to her wife who was still panting on the bed, she started to cry.

“Yerin, babe, honey. They’re beautiful.”

SinB held Yerin’s hand tightly as the older laughed weakly, a slight wheeze in her breath.

“Of course, a princess like you is the other half of this cutie.”

SinB snorted a little bit, of course her wife would try to cheer her up when she cried.

“These are the world’s most happiest tears, I swear. I love you so much.”

“And I you hon.”

SinB waited with Sowon outside as they moved Yerin into a room and bundled the twins in the newborn blanket dress clothings.

“Did you cry? You look like you did.”

SinB hit Sowon weakly, her voice not coming out.

“They’re the most beautiful in the world aren’t they.”

SinB could only nod her head.

SinB stepped into the room immediately, walking over, she saw that the nurses had placed the twins in Yerin’s arms.

Yerin smiled weakly, tired, but happy beyond anything.

“The one on my right is Ye eunnie, then on my-“

“Eun hyukkie.”

Yerin smiled.

“Hold them. I want to see you holding them.”

SinB stepped forwards nervously, carefully picking up Ye eun, she cradled her dearly, memorizing every detail of her small face.

Then taking Eun hyuk, she almost started crying again. With a crooked smile, she looked over at Yerin.

“H-how does it look?”

“The best family picture in the world.”

Yerin looked over to the doorway and smiled. Sowon had taken a picture of the moment.

“I didn’t see you carrying that dslr earlier.”

“You were too nervous Ddin.”

Yerin giggled.

“How do you feel Yennie?”

“Extremely happy Sojung unnie.”

Sowon smiled and ruffled Yerin’s bangs, before brushing them aside.

“Your moms are coming in a little, Eunha is picking them up.”

They enjoyed their silence until Sowon dismissed herself, taking a phone call and leaving the room.

Soon, multiple foot steps could be heard, coming closer and closer to their room.

“Yerin? My dear?”

Yerin’s mom entered first, then followed by her dad, and SinB’s parents.

The first thing that happened was all four parents rushed over to SinB.

“Hey! You just call for me then ignore me?”

Immediately turning to her daughter, Mrs Jung went over and her hair gently.

“I’m joking my baby, I’m excited for my grandchildren.”

Yerin puffed out a tired pout, slowly the medications were making her sleepier and sleepier.

“She has your eyes Yerin unnie.”

Yerin just smiled back at SinB, who refused to let go of their twins.

“May I hold them?”

SinB reluctantly let their parents hold her babies, moving to hold Yerin’s hand proudly.

“Eunbi, she has your lips.”

“Eh? Really?”

They all joked around, the atmosphere only filled with positive feelings.

~~~~~~~~~~

SinB watched as her twins slept, never leaving the side of their cribs. Yerin hummed as she drank a cup of water, watching from the kitchen.

“I love them.”

Grinning, Yerin set down her cup before moving to back hug SinB.

“Me too.”

Kissing SinB’s cheek, Yerin rested her chin on SinB’s shoulder.

“Thank you.”

“For what? You went through all the pain. Thank you.”

“No, thank you for convincing me I could do it.”

They both stopped talking as they watched Ye Eun’s face scrunch up a little bit, their hearts stinging a little bit as Ye eun’s little lips started turning upside down.

“Omo, omo omo omo.”

SinB reached a hand calmly, placing her finger in Ye eun’s grip, she rested her palm gently on the baby’s stomach softly. Shifting just little by little, Yerin smiled as she watched Ye eun’s sleeping smile return.

Their peace was suddenly interrupted with a cry however, Yerin peeled herself off of SinB, her smile still not leaving her face. Shuffling over, she scooped Eun hyuk into her embrace, patting his back softly.

Bouncing her steps, she hummed lightly as she rubbed her son’s small back. He wiggled around a little bit more before falling asleep against Yerin’s shoulder.

“Babe, where are the towels again?”

“Should be in the upper cabinet.”

Yerin bounced her way over, checking she frowned.

“There aren’t any.”

SinB turned around to see, thinking a little more she came to a conclusion.

“Honey, they’re in the wash right now.”

Yerin smiled.

“Aha~ then its fine.”

“You sure?”

“Its fine, anything they need, anything they want, I will let them.”

SinB smiled, picking up Ye eun, she discovered that her baby girl was awake and staring at her.

“Hm? Are you awake my baby?”

SinB kissed her cheek, making the baby giggle.

“Hm? You like that? Haha~”

Showering Ye eun in kisses, SinB and Yerin just enjoyed hearing the angelic peals of laughter fill the air of their small home.

“Eung.”

Yerin peeked at their son, he was sleep talking.

“Eun hyukie~ it’s time for food, you need to wakey wake.”

She kissed his cheek and smiled as he opened one eye before the other.

Feeding time was always a mess, either the twins didn’t open their mouths or they’d spit it back out.

“Andwae~ you have to eat your greens.”

The twins kept spitting and spluttering the green mashed food out as SinB sighed but still remained smiling.

Tickling Eun hyuk’s chin, he opened his mouth to laugh, promptly, a spoon was placed on his lips, SinB carefully tilted the spoonful in. He made some weird noises but the food stayed down.

“Geez, I can tell you’re going to give me a head ache in the future, once you’re able to walk.”

“Ak.”

Yerin laughed as Ye eun tried to speak to SinB, but her words still didn’t quite make sense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB’s giggles could be heard from the laundry room and Yerin put down her things before leaving to see what was going on.

Hearing a ‘pfft’ noise, she peeked into their bedroom doorway.

What she saw just made her smile even wider. SinB was rubbing her face in their twins’ stomaches, making funny noises as they giggled uncontrollably.

Returning back to the laundry room, Yerin could feel happy tears start to build up in her eyes.

Sniffling a little, she continued to do the laundry, putting them in the washer, until she felt arms around her waist.

“Yerin, babe. What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

Yerin sniffled a little more, turning to hug SinB properly.

“There’s absolutely nothing wrong. Huff, absolutely nothing wrong.”

“Its okay to cry, I’ll be here.”

Yerin cried her happy tears, staining SinB’s shoulder as her frame shook with her cries.

“You’re so perfect! I love you so much!”

SinB smiled and pet Yerin’s hair softly, soothingly, holding back her own tears

“I love you too, you’re the perfect one here.”

Kissing Yerin’s temple, SinB nuzzled their heads together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Come here to mommy! Right here!”

SinB watched holding her breath as she recorded Eun hyuk standing up on his own. Yerin was holding her arms out, ready to catch him if he fell, Ye eun watched, seated in Yerin’s side, leaning carefully.

One step forwards, Eun hyuk tilted a little bit and Yerin’s hands went a little closer. Another step forwards and SinB was about to cry. The last step forwards and he collapsed in Yerin’s arms.

SinB stopped recording and had to take a breath, fanning herself, she looked out the window.

“Eunbi?”

They both turned their heads as they heard a small echo.

“Eunbwi”

SinB’s tears fell, she ran over and scooped Ye eun into her arms, sobbing loudly. Yerin just smiled, her tears threatening to fall.

“Hey, babe. You shouldn’t be crying over every achievement.”

“Heol, you should be. You’re my crybaby after all.”

Yerin pet SinB’s hair softly as Ye eun just looked up at SinB confusedly.

“Mah, mah mah.”

Yerin kissed Eunhyuk’s head, returning to pat his back, still celebrating his first steps.

“Yeah, that crying beauty is your mama.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Yah! GET OFF THE COUCH!”

Eunhyuk giggled and Yeeun giggled after him in the same exact way.

“Its dangerous to run on the backing! Yah!”

SinB chased her twins around the house as Yerin sat at her reading chair, she was doing some work from home. Watching as SinB deliberately let the twins go to keep chasing them, she smiled.

“I’ve caught you!”

Pressing a kiss to her son’s cheek successfully, she grinned triumphantly until she felt a tugging on her pants.

Looking down she found her daughter looking up with the cutest look ever, her heart melted. Yerin covered , holding in a laughter as SinB struggled to hold in a squeal.

“Mama me too. Kiss me too.”

“Gh oh my ahhh, come here, both of you!”

SinB picked them both up in her arms, kissing both their cheeks repeatedly.

“I love you both so much. Never forget it.”

“Never! I pwomise!”

“Me too! Promise!”

The twins looked at each other and SinB looks at them slightly confused.

“Its promise.”

“Pwomise.”

“Promise.”

“Pwomise.”

Yerin laughed as SinB struggled to stay upright as the twins reached to wrestle with each other.

SinB held Yerin gently as they watched from the door of the twin’s bedroom.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

SinB kissed Yerin’s cheek, making the older look at her. Yerin grinned and kissed her lips.

“You’re amazing.”

“You too.”

SinB kissed Yerin again.

“Do you want more?”

Yerin held in a laugh as she slapped SinB’s arm lightly.

“Maybe when they go off to school babe.”

SinB grinned and hugged Yerin tightly. Her world used to be just in her arms, now, it had expanded further.

“I’m so glad I married you.”

“What come on babe what is this? Haha”

SinB kissed Yerin gently.

“I think I’m going to make a scrap book.”

“Do it.”

“Of course babe.”