Passion

Naughty Angel • On hold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Have a good day. Please come again.” Jungkook said to the leaving couple as bowed a little in respect. They had been sitting on the window table for last two hours being all lovey-dovey. Jungkook didn’t mind it, but it was just too much PDA for him.

The young man looked at his watch and it was almost closing time. He hurried to complete the task at hand, cleaning the tables. It had been a busy day. All the colleges were on break and students had nothing else to do than enjoy the nice weather. They were lucky to enjoy everything freely unlike Jungkook.

There were many people coming and going out in the street.

All the stress had been weighing him down, the past weeks. Even if he was on break, he was still worrying about his exams and assignments that he would have do coming semester. Jungkook saw many couples walking hand in hand and felt a smile creeping on his lips.

‘It must be nice to be in love’ he thought. Jugnkook wanted to experience the feeling called love. How it would be to be in love with someone. Yes, Jungkook was interested in a relationship. Till now he has been busy with school, helping his mother. There wasn’t much time left for himself or to find someone.

//

In his last year of college, Jungkook’s life has been hard. His father had left his mother and his own children a long time ago. He hated his father for doing this to his mother, leaving his wife and his young children behind for a rich woman. The fact that he was a child of that kind of a man had disgusted him. Jungkook’s mother had told him enough times not to hate his father, but he just couldn’t help it. Could you blame him? He often told his mother of forgetting his father and be happy.

 

Jungkook had seen his mother come back home from work for being away for almost 12 hours. He had heard her cry at nights but whenever he and his younger brother were with her, she always put a big smile on her face. Jungkook had hated the fact that he couldn’t do anything for his mother. At that moment he had made up his mind to make his mother happy by working hard for his school and take care of his younger brother. As a result he took upon himself at the age nine to cook. He even tried to wash their clothes and cleaned the house whenever he had time. In the beginning he had made more mess and burned himself many times, but with time he had learned to do things better. He had seen how thankful his mother was. It had made him happy too to see his mother smile once again.

 

The older Jeon became an ideal student by working hard; his teachers would often give him as an example to motivate other students. Throughout the years many things had changed, but something had remained the same, his fascination with photography.

His first photo was a landscape picture which he took on a family trip. His father had left him, but he was thankful that he had bought him his first camera and he discovered his passion for photography. Jungkook was always looking to capture the moment whether it was someone’s smile or a falling leaf. He wanted to capture it and make the moment eternal.

When he had to make a decision what he wanted to study, it was clear for him what he wanted to do.

Going to college in other town was a huge step in Jungkook’s life. He had stayed in his hometown, Busan, his whole life. It had been difficult for him to leave his mother behind and especially his dork younger brother. Jungkook wasn’t sure how they were going to survive. His mother had assured him that they were going to be alright, but he still had his doubts. Having no other choice, he had to leave them behind because he had to make sure to graduate and secure their future.

Being a student wasn’t easy for him. He had worked hard in high school and had gotten a scholarship to attend college. Nowadays he was working in a café to pay his rent for his dorm and was able to put through the month, thanks to his job. The young male couldn’t ask his mother for money because she already had enough on her plate, like paying the rent, paying his brother’s fees and their meals.

He was aware of the fact that it wasn’t easy to find a job in photography, but he couldn’t help his heart. He would try finding a job anyway no matter what kind and he could even work extra hours to provide his family food. His professors had told him that he was a natural photographer and with recommendations it would be easy to find a job in Seoul. Jungkook still wanted to remain realistic, of he couldn’t continue his passion as his carrier he would do it as a hobby.

 

After moving away Jungkook hadn’t made many friends. Only person on campus he knew was Taehyung. Jungkook had met Taehyung when he was walking back from one of his classes and the other wasn’t paying much attention to his surroundings. In the process Taehyung had bumped into Jungkook and knocked his phone out of his hand.

Jungkook had apologized to him even if it wasn’t his fault. He was surprised when he had gotten an apology in return accompanied with a boxy smile. After introducing themselves they had talked for a while and Jungkook got invited for a drink with Taehyung. At first Jungkook was hesitant but giving up is the word Taehyung didn’t know. They introduced themselves properly and Jungkook came to know that Taehyung was doing Theater. To his surprise they went to same campus, but had never seen him till now. He was too busy with his own life he thought.

 

Taehyung had become his only friend at the whole campus and he had accepted the fact he was very loud to the point it became annoying sometimes. Within weeks he had enjoyed his company and felt even happy and less lonely.

Jungkook had focused his energy on his college assignments and made extra effort to make sure to be in top three. He did it for himself, but also because high marks were a requirement for his scholarship to continue. Jungkook was proud that his professors had praised him. He was happy that he made his mother proud and set a good example for his brother.

 

It was a routine for him to call his mother every Friday. He had done it for the past years. Today was Friday he kept reminding himself to make the call as soon as he gets back to his dorm.

Jungkook cleaned the last table and walked to the counter where his colleague was counting money. He had known the man ever since he began working two years ago, but they had never gone past ‘hi’ and ‘hellos’ and work related talk. Jungkook was okay with it, since he wanted to keep his personal and professional life separated.

“I have cleaned all the tables. They are ready for tomorrow.” Jungkook said as he undid his apron.

“Okay.” His colleague answered short without looking his way.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter