one.

getting butterflies?

"son hyejoo, do the 10th activity on the board now." mr. choi said while sitting on his table.

"son hyejoo!" mr. choi calling hyejoo the 2nd time.

gowon, as a seatmate of hyejoo, taps hyejoo's head and told her that mr. choi is calling him. hyejoo, on the other hand stood up as her mp3 pulled off her earphones, causing its speakers to blast a kehlani song so loud.

"i don't tolerate this kind of behavior, give me your mp3, and go to your next class, i'll give back this device after your class, i'm in the office." mr. choi said as he dismissed the whole class.

"maybe if you made your mp3 shut up, your mp3's still safe, you bighead he just asked you to solve some pythagorean , it's that easy." gowon said as she makes fun of hyejoo's dumb .

"as if you know how pythagorean works." hyejoo laughs as she sticks out her tongue to gowon.

 

——— 📄

 

"i can't believe mr. choi had to make me walk that far." hyejoo says, obviously annoyed.

"our room is literally 20 steps away from here dumb ." gowon giggles, trying to make hyejoo smile.

the other girl shrugged as they continued walking, the sound of their vans tapping on the floor. the halls are very silent at this time considered that they are going home late just because of hyejoo's mp3.

the girls always walks together since their preschool days with their parents. so it's like a culture for them to walk together.

"gowon, can you check my right eye out if there's some dirt, it kinda irritates my eyes." hyejoo asked as gowon walked up closer to her.

"oh yeah, there's tiny dusts, i'll blow it for you." gowon offered as she was about to do.

but gowon doesn't know what came up to her but she observes every feature of hyejoo. great shaped eyes made of galaxies, pointy nose, pouty lips, chubby cheeks.

she's kinda cute for a girl with 2 brain cells. gowon thought.

"hey so can you like blow my eyes now and stop thinking about boys." hyejoo joked as she also snapped gowon's thoughts.

 

 

boys. a single word that sounds so strange to gowon suddenly.

 

——— 📄

[gowon's point of view.]

 

​​​​​​as i sat down on my bed, i asked myself randomly.

why do i have to look at every single feature of hyejoo for 2 minutes?

is she cute?

is her cheeks squishy?

do i wanna caress her soft face?

do i find her lovely?

do i feel like my heart is fluttering?

do i really like boys? 

 

i never liked boys. but i thought i liked boys? i grew up thinking i like boys, i grew up living on my aunt's words that i'm a girl i should like the opposite . and i believed that i like boys. 

all of that just changed because of hyejoo? 

no, i like boys. i'm straight. i will never like girls.

 

——— 📄

 

gowon went on the son's home to wait for hyejoo as they walk together to school. 

"i'm sorry you have to wait for hyejoo, she woke up really late and i was close of pouring her a glass of water!" mrs. son said trying to lift the mood because they all know they will be cleaning the hallway because they're late.

 

 

[no one's point of view]

 

"you know what, i should've never waited you and just left you alone and maybe i'm not gonna get punished just because of your ." gowon said, pissed at hyejoo.

"well you can't and you're stuck with me cleaning this mess." hyejoo giggled, annoying gowon obviously.

to gowon's surprise a boy on her age walked up to me and asked if she needs some help. well maybe if she doesn't owe him bucks then he can clean the whole mess.

"uh no she doesn't, she can clean this all by herself! thank you for your help though!" hyejoo said to the guy which makes gowon wanna beat the other girl up.

gowon being a that she is, just didn't gave a to hyejoo and continued cleaning again.

maybe i'm actually waiting for this to say sorry and probably kiss me... wait no. gowon thought.

"hey, i know i'm sorry, i mean you can just go to your class and let me handle this , i'm sorry okay." hyejoo walked near gowon as she said sorry probably reading her mind, and gowon on the other hand, still unbothered and really gave no s to hyejoo.

well that's until hyejoo kissed her on the cheek, not too long but made gowon's cheeks red enough

"you know what, you said things on your mind too loud, just ask for a kiss and a sorry and go." hyejoo laughed and continued cleaning, clueless on what's her effect to gowon

 

[hyejoo's point of view]

 

gowon is being grumpy right now just because i didn't woke up early. she's kinda cute, kinda wanna punch her.

"well you can't and you're stuck with me cleaning this mess." i said trying to lift the mood up, well it got worst to be honest. she's not saying anything.

a boy walked to her and i didn't hear what he was saying but he's obviously hitting on gowon and maybe that annoys me a bit. 

"uh no she doesn't, she can clean this all by herself! thank you for your help though!" i said as i heard what he is saying and finally the boy left us alone. it's not like he's gonna help.

i can't believe her, she really didn't say anything? this gowon girl.

""hey, i know i'm sorry, i mean you can just go to your class and let me handle this , i'm sorry okay." i said sincerely since i'm probably gonna walk alone to home if she's annoyed at me.

she just continued cleaning but what's funny is she's saying something under her breath that i actually am hearing. she's so dumb.

"maybe i'm actually waiting for this to say sorry and probably kiss me... wait no" she said under her breath which actually makes her look like a cute dumb .

a kiss on the cheeks works for a cute grumpy girl right?

 

——— 📄

 

hyejoo asked gowon if she'd like to play mario kart on hyejoo's room and also to treat him after what she did to gowon... well after she kissed her.

gowon acted like it didn't made her day better, like she's not whipped to the taller girl. she just acted like... she's not in love to miss hyejoo.

 

and now they're hanging out on hyejoo's room, playing mario kart, cheetos on the small table, loud noises the two girls are making.

gowon, again, unknowingly that she's staring at hyejoo again. realizing she really likes girls. maybe girls with jet black hair, almond shaped eyes, a really pointed nose, rosy lips, gummy smiles. yes, maybe she's referring to hyejoo. only.

gowon likes a certain girl, who is she friends for half of her life. 

gowon likes a girl who is she with right now.

"am i in love with her longer than i actually know?" gowon asked herself. 

 

"gowon, you okay" hyejoo asked the girl who is staring at hyejoo.

"have you ever been in love?" gowon asked out of the blue while the other girl mario kart.

"my mother told me that if you are in love, you tend to have butterflies on your stomach." hyejoo said, setting aside the game and the joystick, interested at the topic gowon brought up.

"butterflies?"

"have you ever felt it before?" hyejoo asked curiously how lucky the boy who got gowon's attention.

"if the butterflies in your stomach means what you felt everytime a person you adore smiles on you, then maybe i felt it... a lot of times." gowon answered, giving a simple hint to the charcoal haired girl

"that person must be so lucky being loved by you..." hyejoo thought as she gave gowon a smile.

"that's it. that's the smile where i got my butterflies." gowon thought. as the theme song of mario kart is still playing, completely abandoned by the two girls who are looking at each other's eyes now. 

"gowonie, my friend told me that there's a guy who wants to date me." hyejoo said as she broke the awkward silence.

"is he cute?" gowon asked while smiling, not really.

"he's not, but there's this person i know who's cuter though, this person is very important to me." hyejoo said.

hyejoo talking about gowon and gowon being clueless who is hyejoo talking about.

"oh. that's good. go for it." gowon said as she just focused her mind in the game, well she can't really focus but she's trying.

 

———📄

 

gowon went to the son's residence just to found out hyejoo wasn't there but ditched her class for the boy she told at her.

gowon doesn't know how to react. 

she went to the school by herself. boring. yes, boring, because she can't annoy someone she always annoys aka hyejoo.

 

it was break time when gowon saw hyejoo walked into their classroom as if she didn't ditched her class for a boy. but gowon conpletely ignored her and just sipped her yogurt while acting like she's doing her homework on algebra.

"you never told me you're gonna be hanging out with the guy you told me." gowon said bitterly, mixed emotions.

"i'm sorry, i didn't know my friend told him i agreed even if i didn't. i can't deny. gowon i'm sorry can you listen to me please, we all know you can't do math and algebra for , hey." hyejoo explained, the latter doesn't know how much hyejoo is sorry, she should've just walked with gowon instead of having an ice cream for a breakfast.

"you know you're the only for me right?" hyejoo said, well she ain't lying anyways.

gowon looked at her but left her alone. hyejoo sighed knowing that she's probably gonna walk into her home alone.

 

———📄

 

[hyejoo's point of view]

gowon. park gowon. is there anything i can think of except her? no.

i love her. so much. i really don't know but everytime i'm with her, she gives me this feeling, she makes me want to hold her hands, let her wear my big clothes, kiss her, yes, she makes me that feeling.

knowing she's in love with someone else, imagine how lucky that person is. 

well what probably pursued me to go on a date with this guy but the whole date is so frustrating. i could've just walked with gowon instead of eating a ing ice cream for breakfast.

i've always thought walking alone to home without her isn't gonna be hard. i mean it's not like i love her. well i do.

walking with her, i feel like she trusts me so much, 3 in the afternoon, walks full of talks on what happened in our day. and the fact that she tells me what happened on her day.

maybe i should give her a yogurt since she's a loser. 

 

——— 📄

[no one's view]

10 in the evening. as hyejoo saw gowon sitting on the swing. on the playground. the place she trusts. the place she always goes every night.

gowon heard someone threw a rock to one of the seesaws. 

"hey, are you still mad at me." a girl in a sweatshirt called her, turns out it's hyejoo.

"what are you doing here?" gowon said as she keeps scrolling on her phone, not really when she's focusing to one girl.

"well i mean it's a public playground, it's not yours, a lot of people are supposed to enjoy here." hyejoo missed annoying gowon. she missed her. it's just 5 hours but the girl felt so empty without the shorter girl.

"you didn't answered my question." as gowon stood up, if hyejoo's goal is to annoy her well she succeeded very well.

"i'm sorry." hyejoo said, her hands holding a yogurt for her, her head down as if she didn't annoyed gowon earlier.

"would you forgive me? you're kinda cute anyways, accept this yogurt, i had to use my $4 left on my wallet so you better appreciate it." hyejoo said.

 

as gowon reached out to get the yogurt, hyejoo immediately held her hand. both of their hands holding the yogurt together. hyejoo walked near closer to her, she had to slouch and bend her knees just to be on the same height as gowon.

"you know you're the only one for me right? please don't leave me again." hyejoo said as she hugged gowon tightly. 

gowon being the whipped girl that she really is, hugged her back.

 

——— 📄

it was a long break they got for all their classes, so they had much time to finish their requirements and homeworks and hyejoo is out there napping and resting her head on her desk. 

as gowon continues to work on her homework she stopped writing, and here she is again. admiring hyejoo.

she caressed her face which the other girl didn't give a about. hyejoo likes it. she combed hyejoo's hair with her fingers. 

to gowon's surprise, hyejoo held gowon's hands and placed it under her head. with that being said, gowon is pretty cool with it and what i mean about pretty cool is she's losing her mind.

 

———📄

 

"hyejoo, our break is coming in 3 days right?' gowon asked smiling at her.

"yes, what do you wanna do in break?" hyejoo asked looking at the girl as they walk to their home.

"you know we should hang out the whole break, i can't imagine not seeing you." gowon said, she's not joking, the girl is very much whipped but clueless to the fact that the latter has feelings on her too.

"we should make memories." hyejoo said while admiring gowon's smile.

 

——— 📃

 

they denied their feelings and set it aside for their friendship. but they didn't knew that they have feelings for each other. skinny love, people says.