Diamond Crystal

Song Oneshots


“What happened to us…?” he asked himself quietly while looking at a photo. “Where did we go wrong?” 

~Flashback~

“Ara.” He sighed as they sat in the car, listening to the rain against the windows. 

“Baek please…” she said quietly as she looked at the window. 

“Ara.” He sighed again. “I’m sorry.” 

“Baek…” 

“We’re hurting each other.” He said looking at her with worried eyes, mentally begging for the moment to end. 

“But Baek…” she said, as tears started to fall. 

Ara,” he said gently putting his hands on her cheeks, having her look at him. “Ara.” He sighed quietly wiping her tears. 

She leaned into his hand, and gently placed her hands on top of his since she noticed that he was trembling. 

“Ara.” He said again with a shaky voice, showing his hesitation. “Are you happy?” he asked quietly, secretly hoping it was quiet enough that she didn’t hear. “Are we happy…?” he asked again quietly, while gently pressing his forehead against hers for a moment, scared of what she was going to say next. 

No…,” she said quietly after a moment, as tears started to fall from her eyes again. 

Baekhyun let out a sigh when he heard her answer, closing his eyes as he lowered his gaze and head slightly. Tears managing to break through. Meanwhile, Ara looked at him and gently took his hands off her face and held them in her own. 

No…,” she said again quietly, as she kissed his hands gently. “Are we happy…?” 

No…,” he said after a moment. “No…” he said again watching her as she held his hands. 

“Goodbye Baek…” she said quietly. 

Baekhyun sighed, quietly kissing her hands then watching as they slowly slipped away from his. 

End of Flashback

Baekhyun quietly looked at the sleeping girl next to him. Studying every little detail of her being. Taking in her milky white skin, slightly rosy cheeks, her eyes closed, face peaceful, her pink lips open slightly as little breaths came out. He even noticed that her cheek was slightly squished since she was resting her face on her hands as she lay on her side. Her long dark hair fell gracefully around her, most of it over her back, but some of it came over her shoulder, and a small strand fell on her face. He gently reached out to move the hair out of the way, but once his hand got close enough, her figure disappeared. Reminding him that she was gone. 

Flashback

She sighed as she settled into the car. All of her things settled at the back of the car. 

“Are you sure about this?” Chanyeol asked looking at her as he started the car. 

Ara quietly nodded in response as she looked out the window. 

“You don’t want to wait till he gets home?” he asked, only to get a headshake in response, causing him to sigh. “Okay.” He sighed as he pulled out of the garage. 

“Thank you Yeol…,” Ara said once Chanyeol dropped her off and helped her with her things. 

“Baekhyun I’m sorry.” Chanyeol sighed coming to visit his friend after dropping off Ara. 

It's fine.” He said shaking his head. “Thanks for helping her…” he said as he took in the partially empty apartment, noticing every little thing missing. 

“Do you want me to tell you where I-“ he tired, only to see Baekhyun shake his head. 

“Thank you Yeol.”

Time Skip~

“We didn’t fall out of love.” He explained. “To this day, I still love her.” He said. “But we both know we had to let go.” 

“But why…?” Sehun asked. 

“We weren’t happy.” He said. “We were never meant to be…” 

“How do you know?” 

“The more we held onto each other, the more we started to hurt each other.” He said. “We constantly argued. We would sit in silence… There was something suffocating us.” He said. “We both knew it. There was no future for the two of us…” he said. “No matter how hard we tried…” 

“Do you still think about her?” 

“Sometimes I count the days till I get to see her again.” He said. “But then I realize that it’s impossible.” 

“Where is she now?” 

“I don’t know.” He said. “What Ara and I had… was love.” He said. “What we had will forever stay with me. Shining in my mind and heart….” He said. “But if we stayed together Spring would’ve never come to us. We’d be stuck in the cold Winter.” He said. “But she’s still my Diamond Crystal.” 

“Diamond Crystal?” 

“I don’t know.” He said. “A diamond signifies eternity and love.” He said. “I’ll love her for eternity…” 

“And her you.” Chanyeol sighed after overhearing. “Idiots.” He muttered glancing over at Baekhyun and seeing the diamond necklace around his neck, identical to the once on Ara’s. 

“Will you two ever come back together?” 

“I’m not sure…” Baekhyun sighed thinking. “For now, I don’t see us getting back together. Like I said it looked like there was so future for us… we’d just continue to hurt each other….” He said. “But if time heals that… who knows…”