Finale [1/1]

Somewhere Only We Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey, guys! Here comes the long-awaiting chapter! I'm not sure whether it is up to your expectation, but I hope you all enjoy it! 

Born as the heiress to one of the wealthiest household in South Korea, Kang Seulgi was brought up strictly with countless set of etiquettes and rules. Moreover, a tight security was a must, for she could be attacked anytime and anywhere which was why she was never able to go anywhere without the bodyguard team.

Being followed every step of your way was suffocated and Seulgi wanted nothing, but a way out of it.

Donning in a set of black from head to toes, Seulgi confidently walked out of the arrival lounge with her luggage cart. However, under her cold demeanor and sunglasses, her eyes actually wandered around and scanned the area, carefully, to find any hint of her bodyguard team. Upon seeing no sight of the bodyguards, she finally let out a sigh of relief.

This secret runaway to New York without her parents’ knowledge and without the bodyguard team marked Kang Seulgi’s first rebellion. She was fully aware of the fact that her parents would be able to find her with just a single phone call which was why she intended to make the most of her time while it lasted.

“New Yorkkk!” She sang excitedly under her breathe. “Here I comeee!!”

Ear-piercingly loud blasting of electro pop music echoed in the whole club and greeted Seulgi who dolled up flawlessly with smoky makeup and y red one-piece dress, paired with black kill-heels. If her parents ever saw her in this state, they would faint out of deep shock.

“What I can get you, y?” A handsome bartender asked her with his y accented English once she settled on the high chair in front of the bar counter.

“The strongest drink in the house.”

“You sure?” The bartender smirked at her challengingly. “You look like you wouldn’t be able to hold your drink, though.”

“You’re supposed to make my order, not making complaint against me.” She ticked off with a scoff.

The bartender raised his hand in surrender in defeat and started making her order which was just a mix of the strongest liquors he could find. While he was doing that, Seulgi looked around the area. She grimaced in disgust seeing people were basically making out everywhere, on the table, the dance floor.

She understood that people, especially in her age group, had their needs, but making out in public was a bit out of line. But then again, she couldn’t blame them. The heat of moment was intense.

“Here’s the strongest drink you want, y.”

“Thanks!” Seulgi looked at the weird color concoction in front of her suspiciously and took her first sip carefully. Immediately, she cringed at the strong bitter washing down . “Gosh, that’s strong.” She muttered in Korea as the bartender looked on with a ‘told-ya’ smile.

She mentally cursed the bartender who seemed to be enjoying making fun of her for her reaction to the alcohol. She inhaled deeply with determination and downed the glass in one go. The bitterness literally cut through her internal organs and it felt like her organs were set on fire.

“May I have the honor to buy you y lady your next drink?” Seulgi heard a husky voice spoken in Korean next to her and then she felt a presence settled on the chair next to her. She looked at him perplexingly and then she looked back over her shoulders, and back to him questioningly.

“Are you perhaps talking to me?”

“Did you see anyone else beside you who seemed to understand what I’m talking about?” That handsome cold-looking newcomer guy asked and cocked his head to the side with an amusing smile. She puzzlingly shook her head. “Then yes, I’m talking to you.”

“Did I know you?” She asked carefully not to offend his feeling, just in case they used to know each other and it was just her who didn’t remember him.

“Not personally, I guess.” He shrugged indifferently and finished his beer. “Among all the people I came across here, you’re the only one who look just as Korean as I am. So, I thought perhaps we could hang out together.”

“Are you Korean?” She asked excitedly, but then when she realized she was being too excited, she cleared in embarrassment. “I’m sorry. The alcohol just pumped me up.” She then held out her hand, expecting a handshake. “I’m Seulgi, Kang Seulgi.”

He looked at her and back at her hand before the corner of his lips curved up as he met her hand halfway.

“I’m Sehun.” He introduced himself. “Oh Sehun!”

Upon hearing his name, she looked flustered and instantly pulled back her hand.

“You’re an Oh?” She asked again for confirmation. “As in Oh Grands?”

“Yes, the greatest enemy of your family.” He chuckled amusingly and waved the bartender to have him and Seulgi each a bottle of beer. “Why? Now that you knew my name, you’re going to ‘unfriend’ me?”

Her parents would never want her to be anywhere near an Oh. She didn’t know the reason behind it. All she knew was that she was told not to associate with any of the Oh because the two were considered to be enemies, which in her opinion, sounded so stupid and ridiculous.

It’s not like they were living in ancient era.

“No, I’m just surprised.” She replied honestly. “Are you approaching me because you know which family I’m from? What’s your intention?”

She was surprised that he knew she was from the Kang, yet he still approached her. She was also surprised of herself that she was actually talking to an Oh. But what surprised her the most was how fine-looking this Oh heir looked.

“Hey, chill!” He smirked and sniggered playfully. “I don’t care which family you are from. Besides, I’m here alone and I’m approaching you out of curiosity on how you will react.” He gulped a mouthful of his beer. “Guess I shouldn’t tell you my family name.” He looked at her with a glint of mischievous in his eyes. “Or are you going to call up on your bodyguards to beat me up?”

“Obviously not.” She seemed to put up a wall against him and he could feel that. “Although I hope that none of the acquaintance of our families would see this.”

“I hope so.” He chugged another mouthful of his drink. “It’s actually a surprise to see you here. As far as I heard, I don’t think you are the type to go clubbing.” He then looked at her outfits. “Or are you?”

“I’m just trying out things I haven’t done back in Korea.” She shrugged and carefully sipped the beer which went down easily without burning her organs. Seulgi felt his intense gaze on her and for some reason, she felt fluttering.

“Are you trying to hit on me?” She raised her brow challengingly. “Your eyes say so.”

“If I am, then it must be Romeo and Juliet all over again. Don’t you think so?” He joked. “A 2018 version of Romeo and Juliet.”

Somehow, that was exactly how their encounter right now would be described. Their families were enemies and they were expected not to acquaint each other, but here they were doing it right now, breaking the rules daringly.

“Now that we are here, away from our families, should we have fun tonight and forget all of it tomorrow?” He looked at her seriously. “After tonight, we will be complete strangers all over again.”

“Fine.” She accept the challenge and climbed off the high chair. She looked at him expectantly, but he looked back at her quizzically. “Aren’t you suppose to dance in the club? To have fun?”

“Why not?” He smiled mischievously and climbed down the chair before she pulled him by his collar and headed straight to the dance floor. “Are you sure this is your first time in the club? Why do you seem like a pro?”

“I just picked things up here and there.” She beamed proudly and threw her arms around his neck boldly.  Now that the alcohol spread everywhere in her system, she started to get more daring. As the atmosphere got more and more heated, so as Sehun and Seulgi. Sehun had his hands on her waist and they swayed in sync with their eyes constantly locked on one another.

“This is getting dangerous.” He muttered with a sigh filled with desire. His hot breathe fanned against her skin and it made every strand of hair on her body stood up. “How can you charm me and expect me not to get attracted?”

“It’s all about your self-control.”

“Well, I’m at that.” He suddenly framed her face in his large palms. Immediately, he leaned in and crashed on her lips hungrily.

You’re in deep , Kang Seulgi.

Love was drug. A sweet poison that got you addicted terrifyingly once you got a good taste of it.

A night that was driven merely by the heat of the moment turned out to be the beginning of the secret forbidden relationship. Despite being fully aware of the consequences that came with their relationship baggage, Sehun and Seulgi decided to disregard everything, so as long as they were able to be together.

One night turned into another and before they knew it, a few months had already passed. Each day could be their last day which was why they always tried to make the most of their times together.

On the day Seulgi fled to New York secretly, she actually expected her parents to find her shortly after that. However, they just left her be and that actually make her anxious.

Cuddling under the warm comforter, Seulgi laid her head on Sehun’s chest as she mindlessly drew invisible traces on his abs. Sehun seemed to sense that Seulgi was concerned about something. He’s been realizing it lately. He wrapped her arms around her petite body and occasionally planted a kiss on her head.

“Seul?”

“Hmm?”

“What’s wrong?”

“What are you talking about?” Seulgi looked up at him and pecked his lips, trying to divert his attention away and passed his concern as nothing. “Nothing is wrong. Everything is right when I’m with you.”

“What are you worrying about?” He decided to just get straight to the point because there was no use beating around the bush. “Lately, you always seem to be anxious and careful about something.” Upon hearing him, she just let out a sigh and it was enough of a reply. “Spill it!”

“I don’t know.” She heaved out a deep breathe in distressed. “I’m just, I’m just scaed. I have been so happy and I’m scared that something bad might happen.”

“Why are you scared when I am here?” She snuggled more into his embrace. “I’m scared to be apart from you. I’m scared that one day we might not be able to be together.”

Sehun hated to admit it, but he was also scared. It was only the matter of time until their families found out about their relationship. After all, their families had eyes everywhere, so it wasn’t a big hassle to find out about their whereabouts.

He was more than sure that if their families found out about their relationship, they would anything to break the two of them.

“You know our parents will never approve us, don’t you?” She asked knowingly. “They will never let us away easily. You know they won’t let it slide.”

“I know.” He sighed. Of course, he was more than aware of it. He shouldn’t be associated with the Kang, yet he was dating one of them.

“Then…” She inhaled sharply and trailed hesitantly. “Should we stop?”

“Seul-ah! I love you.” That words, that three words, were enough to assure her heart. “I love you a thousand times, a million times. Stay with me and I’m going to do everything to make you feel safe.”

No matter what obstacles future had laid for them, as long as Seulgi was willing to hold his hand tight, Sehun would anything to protect their love.

It was a typical sunny day when Seulgi, as usual, went grocery shopping while Sehun was away for his job at an Italian restaurant, working as a chef. With grocery bags in her hands, Seulgi hummed along a song as she walked back to Sehun’s apartment that was just around the corner.

Just then, a black van pulled up by the side of the road and Seulgi felt dreaded. The grocery bags suddenly slipped off her hands. The black men in suit rushed out of the van and surrounded Seulgi. She looked around for people’s help, but not many people were wandering around on the street.

“Ahgassi, you need to come with us.” One of them said politely, but firmly enough. “Hwejangnim has commanded you to go back to Seoul. Please come with us right now. If you don’t, we will have to drag you back with us by force. Please don’t make us do that.”

She knew she was right. Her hunch was right. She knew that something bad would happen. She let out a sigh of defeat and looked up at Sehun’s apartment building which was in her sight. She held her tear back as best as she could.

Oh Sehun, I love you.

Without any word, Seulgi stepped into the van unwillingly with her heart shattered into pieces. It was the best choice for right now. If she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter