Chapter 1: Graveyard

And Once More Sang to the Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

16:00, Kim Household

“This just in folks, live in Seoul is a humongous, wild, and agitated stone-identified creature who is wrecking havoc in the area. The police has yet to take immediate action as it is unknown how to stop this being. It is now advised to stay inside your homes for the time being,” The TV informs the whole living room inside the house. 

“Oh sh*t,” Dahyun murmurs as her mom proceeds to tell her 21 reasons why you shouldn’t curse. “Dahyun, are you even listening? I swear you...” what her mom says next is left unknown because of panic. “Uh sure mom, I love you but I gotta go!” Dahyun shouts as she leaves the house. Her mom’s voice fades as she remembers the events that happened earlier today. 

08:00, At the school park

“Tell me again why we’re here?” Chaeyoung asks Dahyun, who was kicking pebbles on the ground...

“Uaghhhh, my foot!”

... a little too hard. 

“Wait no, let me guess, you’ve seen the class list?” The smaller girl inquires. 

“You bet I did.”

“And you’re classmates with Momo again?”

“Yep.”

“And what’s wrong with-“

“For the 7th time.”

“What?” Chaeyoung tilts her head. 

“This is the 7th time we’ve been classmates consecutively, and I can’t take it anymore! She just drags me down so much you know? Do you remember what happened in the cafeteria a few years back? She didn’t have to but she did!” Dahyun frustrates. 

“What’d she do?” Chaeyoung asks, dumbfounded by the long sigh made by her friend. Dahyun murmurs something inaudible.

“Come again?”

“...she replaced my cola with soy sauce.”

The bell rings. 

“We should go. I don’t want to be late for Science class, you know how grumpy Ms. Grumpleskin gets,” Chaeyoung says.

“Ah, you go on ahead, I’m still pissed.”

Chaeyoung nods, “Let’s talk again later,” and hurries off.

Dahyun looks to where her friend was, still scowling about being classmates with Momo for how many times. They were childhood friends before, they were neighbors, spending their time together singing in their own rooms that were facing each other. Momo left after 3 years of friendship as kids, only to be back in high school as one of your Mean Girls. 

“You’ve really changed, Momo.” Dahyun, still deep in thought, closes her eyes to the memories that were shared. Her trip down the memory lane was stopped upon hearing a yelp nearby. She opens her eyes and scans the area. An woman nearby is on the ground looking helpless. 

Dahyun runs up to the woman and helps her up. “You okay, ma’am?”

“Yes, yes, thank you dear.” The woman offers her a genuine smile. “It was just a little too hot outside for me,” the woman laughs dryly. “Thank you dear.” The woman suddenly hugs her and cups Dahyun’s face in her hands, “You look sad, what’s wrong?”

Dahyun, still surprised by the sudden action, had no idea what to say. “Uh, I-, my friend-“ 

“Hush, I think I know it already, ah young love.”

"Wait, it’s not like that!” Dahyun blushes a deep red. 

The woman chuckles, “Here, have this.” She retrieved a small box from her bag and firmly puts it on her hands. “For you, and only you.”

Dahyun looks from the woman to the box, “Open it,” the woman smiles. 

Dahyun opens the box and sees a necklace, with an eagle design. “Whoa, expensive. I can’t possibly-” She looks to the woman again, only to find her gone. “-have this.”

The bell rings again. 

08:00, Minatozaki Household

“Stupid, stupid father of mine!” Sana throws her pillow across the her large bedroom. “I think I’m old enough to stop this homeschool thing... I think.” Sana buries her face to yet another pillow and lets out a muffled scream. 

“I wish you were here, mom.” A tear streams down her cheek. “Why did you leave us?” 

“Wait a minute, that’s it!” She looks around to get her backpack. “If father won’t let me go to an actual school, then I’ll go to school myself.” Sana smiles to herself. 

“High School, here I come!”

 

08:15, School Entrance

Haha! Stupid bodyguards! Too dumb to realize my escape plan. See father? If I’m smart enough to make my own escape plan without getting caught then I’m smart enough to go to school. Sana thinks to herself. I’m tired being alone.

She was about to ran up the set of stairs when she felt someone grab her by the collar of her shirt. “Sh*t,” she murmurs, “I forgot about you.” 

“Your bodyguards may be dumb as you think, but I think you know better than anyone that I’m always keeping an eye on you.” Her aunt tells as a matter of fact. “And stop struggling.”

“I just want to live a normal school life,” Sana says while struggling to remove the hand from her collar. “Why can’t I have that?”

Her aunt’s face softens at the thought. She agrees that Sana should have at least a normal school life, but her father’s words were always to be followed. 

They both hear a sudden yelp, and at the nearby pedestrian street they see a woman who fell down. Sana uses this as a chance to escape. Instead of running towards the school building, she runs towards the woman who was almost run over by a car. 

“Thank you, dear.” The woman smiles. 

“Anytime.”

As Sana spins around, she sees her aunt and the dumb bodyguards who were supposed to keep an eye on her. “Fine, take me home.” The girl sighs in defeat. 

 

08:30, Minatozaki Household

As she returns to her bedroom, she sees a small box. “Is this your way of saying sorry, father? Well I’m done with all of this!” She stares at the box. “What are you now though?” She opens and sees a bracelet, “Damn it looks nice.” 

She slids it on her wrist. Plain, but it has been a while since father gave me a gift. 

“Ooh, that suits you!”

“Does it? Eh, I think it’s kinda plain.”

Wait a minute... eh?

She turns back to the woman sitting on her bed who was smiling at her. Before she lets out a piercing scream thats says “Bloody murder there’s a woman on my bed but not the way I wanted it to be,” the woman quickly covers Sana’s mouth with her hand. Sana was now staring into piercing dark eyes.

“Let me explain,” the woman sighs as she releases her hand.

As soon as she was released, Sana ran over to her bed and began throwing her tremendous amounts of pillow to the woman. 

“Get. Out. Of. My. Room,” she spits out each word as a pillow is thrown. She drops the last pillow unto her lap as she saw what was in front of her. Four pillows were frozen in place, mid-air. The woman smirks as she sees Sana staring at what she can do. 

“Wha-what are you?”

“Mmm, I actually don’t know either. What I do know is that I’m here because you’re wearing that.” The woman was staring at the bracelet. “That used to be mine.” 

“Eh?”

11:00, School locker room

“This is ed up.” Dahyun stares at the woman sitting on the locker room bench, they were lucky they were alone, but not in the way Dahyun wanted it to be.

The woman giggles, probably by the look on Da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter