Maybe

Prank Gone Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Meet Kim Jongin, or known as Kim Kai the Prankster. 

There are loud laughter emits from the college park, where a group of girls are screaming in slight fear. Kai is there too but he is the one who laugh his heart out alongside with his partner in crime, another prankster, named Byun Baekhyun. 

The two 23 years old male just pranked the group as they threw a bunch of fake insects onto the table that makes all of the victims screamed in surprised. All the girls are cursing out loud to the pranksters who are still laughing.

"Oh gosh! Kai! Baekhyun! You guys are so mean!" Sungyeon, one of the girls said irritatingly. 

Yes, the whole students of college knew them as the dangerous senior from the music department, Prankster Seniors. They are quite popular as they... You see, they are handsome. The students does not have the heart to hate them both just because of their constant pranks. What they adore about Kai and Baekhyun were their beautiful laughter as soon as they had accomplished their pranks. They also apologized as soon as they did a prank on everyone. 

Not a student in the college never had been pranked on by these two, save for two students from the business department.

Meet Do Kyungsoo, or also known as Kim Kai's precious sweetheart. 

Kyungsoo is a business department prodigy and best friend with Park Chanyeol from the same department, 23 years old. The both of them are portrayed as calm, cool and composed senior, 3Cs Seniors. However, Kyungsoo is the one who really matched their title and as for Chanyeol, the taller is as playful behind the other students. 

As had being said, these two had never been pranked by the two pranksters, Kai and Baekhyun because Chanyeol and Baekhyun are dating also Kyungsoo and Kai.

When the news broke that Chanyeol and Baekhyun, the childhood friends, are dating each other, a lot of students were surprised but known Baekhyun, who had stated his ideal lover was tall and handsome, they brushed the facts and accepted it quite quickly. 

However, when news flashed that Kyungsoo and Kai to be dating, they just can not brushed it off as nothing. They knew that Kyungsoo is friend with Chanyeol, who is dating Baekhyun (his childhood friend), who is also best friend with Kai, they are bound to be a group friends of four. As soon as the students knew that Kai was taken, surprisingly by Kyungsoo the cool man, they had a hard time believing it. 

The fact that they are a total polar opposite. Kim Kai is a playful man while Kyungsoo is always composed and calm in everything he do, it just did not sit well together but they make it real. 

Everyone could see how possessive and protective Kim Kai towards Do Kyungsoo. When they sit together in the cafeteria, two couples would attract many attentions at one corner. There is also a slight difference between these two pairs of couples. As for Chanyeol and Baekhyun pair, they would constantly feed each other, tickling playfully, smiling widely and being so sweet that the other students were completely jealous of their intimacy. 

As for Kai and Kyungsoo pair, Kai would be the one who always do the couple things. Feeding? Kai did it happily and Kyungsoo would accept it without much thinking but never return the favor. Tickling? Kyungsoo is not a ticklish person so he just give a small smile. Hugging? It is one-sided, Kai is always putting his hand either around the older's waist or on the shoulders and Kyungsoo never shrugged it off. 

However, even when people see them as if Kyungsoo does not putting any effort in their relationship, they could see how devoted Kai is in this so called relationship. Everyone could tell that Kai is so in love with the wide eyes senior. He proved it with their steady one year relationship.

"Kyungie, let's have a date this Sunday! There's a movie just released yesterday and I wanted to watch it with you. Can we?" Kai blinked repeatedly, showing his infamous puppy eyes. 

It was lunch time, Kai and Baekhyun approached their boyfriends as soon as they apologized to the girls they have pulled a prank on. 

Kyungsoo who was just shoving a spoon full of rice looked up at his playful boyfriend. Smile immediately crept up his face. "Sure." He said. It was short and curt answer but Kai could feel the sincerity in his voice. Kai grinned widely. 

"Yes!" He punched his fist upward. 

"Oh gosh. It's just a date." Baekhyun rolled his eyes sarcastically. 

"Baek, you're no different." Chanyeol whispered, enough for four of them to hear. 

"B-but..." Baekhyun's glistening eyes had appeared. "Channie..." He whined. 

Chanyeol smirked. "Let's have a date too, then?" Kai chuckled from across the table as Kyungsoo smiled slightly.

As soon as it came, Baekhyun's eyes turned wide and hopeful while looking at his boyfriend. "Really?" 

"Yep." 

"Yes!" The rectangular smile showing up as the owner of the smile punched his fist upward.

"Heh." Kai scoffed at his friend's antics. "Ah! I forgot! I have to meet Sehun to discuss about our assignment. Let's meet after classes okay, Kyungie?" Kai smiled widely before pecking his boyfriend's cheek as the latter nodded. Kai then walked away after waving his hand to the other side of table. 

Kai never knew the blush that always decorated Kyungsoo's cheeks as he did the display affections on him. It always go unnoticed by Kai but not by their ChanBaek friends.

"Awww... They're so smitten with each other..." Baekhyun scrunched his face in playful way. "But thanks to me, you two met and know each other." He then smiled proudly. 

Kyungsoo just smiled with a bit pinkish on the cheeks. He is a man without much word. He expressed his emotions with his face. He would talk if he needed to but he is just not good with sentences. Even when Kai wore nice outfit for the day and Baekhyun and Chanyeol had praise him endlessly, Kyungsoo will just eyed his boyfriend with eyebrows arched in amusement. However, he knew that Kai knows his inner feelings and unspoken love he had for the younger so he is not worried much.

"Hey! I know!" Baekhyun snapped made his own boyfriend and Kyungsoo almost chocked on their food. 

"What is it, Baek?" Chanyeol asked as soon as he drank some water. 

"I have an idea to prank that prankster king." Baekhyun smirked. Kyungsoo frowned as it was about his lover. "And it will include you, Kyungsoo." 

"What?" Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. 

"How about a breaking up prank with your lover?" 

With that, Kyungsoo had his eyes wide open at Baekhyun. 

"I mean, yeah... I just wanted to record the moment where he would be begging you on his knees. The video will be this year's senior memorable moment! Imagine! Our prank king Kai to be pranked! It will be hilarious." Baekhyun's smirk turned to grin. 

"I-I... I don't know if he will fell for it..." Kyungsoo said hesitantly. "And I think, I couldn't do that." He bit his lower lip. "I'll feel bad." He then pouted. 

"Aww... Come on, Kyungsoo! Don't you want to see your lover to be all over you? He will be hugging your legs to not breaking up with him! I know it, as he was practically making you as his possession. You could just said that it was a prank as soon as he shed a tear." Baekhyun chuckled.

Kyungsoo pouted even more. "He will cry?" 

Chanyeol that had been silent all the time spoke up. "Uhm... I don't think it's a good idea, Baek." 

Baekhyun whined. "You guys are no fun! Just a tear and a video to record, it'll be done! It will make the other students to feel satisfied as the biggest prankster to be pranked." He then slumped his back to the chair. 

Kyungsoo contemplated for awhile before sighing a bit. "Well, how do we do it?" Chanyeol frowned, not agreeing on the idea but with lightened up Baekhyun made his worry go away. Maybe it will not be as bad as it seems. 

Maybe. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

♦♥♪♥♦

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ready for our date?" Kai smiled widely, showing his perfect white teeth. 

It is their promised weekend date, a few days after the planning day. The clock three thirty in the afternoon when Kai knocked on Kyungsoo's house door. Kyungsoo cannot seem to be happy about this date as at the end of it, he will pull a prank. Just a head up, he never pranked anybody and he was quite bad in acting (aside from real life XD he's damn good) so he was nervous as hell all morning. 

Kyungsoo smiled, quite crookedly to tell you. If Kai noticed it, he did not comment on that. It was quite natural because everytime they had their date, Kyungsoo would smile awkwardly anyways because he was socially awkward in displaying his affections, so it is a safe play. "Mom, I'll be going first." Kyungsoo said into the house for his mother in the kitchen to hear him. 

"Yes and Jongin, take care of my son well, okay?" Mrs. Do pointed her head at the kitchen entrance, showing her motherly smile. 

"Of course, mom." Kai smiled.

Kyungsoo inwardly screaming because Kai literally blended in his family quite well for the past few months he introduced Kai to his family. He too get along well with Kai's family where they both assumed each other's family as their own. Both of their mother could sense the wedding between their sons and they were ecstatic. They hoped for a long time relationship between the college students. 

Kyungsoo might think too much but a thought about how the prank will be the end of them both has crossed in his mind for quite a few times. He cannot help but to feel worried about it. He loves Kai so much because he knew that not everyone could handle his quietness besides Kai alone. 

However, the outcome that Baekhyun said had him imagined about the sweet Kai to be all over him and it overcome his worries and he hoped for their hot make out (make up) session. He had blushed bright red whenever he thought about that. 

"So, any ideas where to after the movie?" Kai asked as he buckled his seatbelt and Kyungsoo did the same. The older had been convincing himself to forget about what to come that night and just enjoy their date for the day. 

"Why not have some street food while enjoying the breeze near the river?" Kyungsoo suggested while eyeing Kai who started the ignition.

"Yeah, sure." Kai grinned as he started their journey to the cinema. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

♦♥♪♥♦

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ah! It's hot!" Kai hissed as soon as he ate the street food they bought just now. Kyungsoo turned to his lover with concerned eyes.

They have been there, near the Hangang River after their movie date for about an hour now. They will be there until the night come.

"You okay?" 

"Yeah, I guess..." Kai grimaced. He then turned to enjoy scenery displayed in front of them after cooling his mouth with chocolate milkshake they had bought. "I had fun today." He smiled widely.

Kyungsoo blinked at the change of mood but just went along. "Me too." 

The both of them admired the scene but then Kyungsoo started to feel nervous as the sun went down in the horizon. The night will come in any minute now and their plan will be taken place as soon as Kai send him home. At the moment, he just hoped that everything goes well.

"Let's go home, aight? I have an assignment to finish. Need to call Sehun all over the night so don't wait for my call, okay?" 

"Uhh... Okay." Kyungsoo said hesitantly. 

"Well, let's go." Kai get up first and walked to his car. Kyungsoo felt his legs turned jelly at the thought of pranking his boyfriend and his palms started to sweat.

As they settled down in the car, the ride to Kyungsoo's house was accompanied with songs from the radio. Kai hummed from time to time, eyes never leave the road ahead of them. The younger seemed light-hearted after their Sunday date and Kyungsoo felt terribly bad to ruin it at the end. However, he just shrugged off the unsettled feelings in his stomach. The more he thinks about it, the more he felt the urge to vomit. 

"Kyungie? We've arrived." There was slight amusement hinted in Kai's voices. "You seem in a deep thought?" 

Kyungsoo snapped out from his mind and looked his surrounding. It was indeed in front of his house. He turned to Kai with a nervous smile. "Uh, yeah. Something bugging me."

"Okay. Don't over think. You'll hurt your head." Kai touched the tip of his lover's nose with his forefinger lightly and chuckled at the flustered expression from Kyungsoo. "I'll send you to the gate." He smiled and leave a peck on the older's lips then got off the car. 

Kyungsoo just realized that Kai seemed to be smiling a lot today and he was the reason for the sweet smile but he will be the reason for the smile to vanish after this. The thought made him felt uncomfortable. 

The older got off the car and walked to the gate where Kai had been waiting for him. His steps staggered a little. As they stood in front of each other, they looked into each other's eyes. Kyungsoo almost forget the planned prank as he stared into the deep brown orbs. "This is it then. I had fun today, Kyung. Really." Kai said as he reached his hands to Kyungsoo's. He gripped it not so hard but tight enough for proving his words.

"Yes. I know." 

"I'll be going first, if anything, just-..."

"Kim Jongin." Kyungsoo cut off. Kai blinked repeatedly in confusion. It was understandable as Kyungsoo never called his full real name unless it was serious matter.

"Yes?" The taller arched his brows. He witnessed how Kyungsoo gulped down the lump in his throat before the hands in his grips were taken away. "Kyung?" 

Kyungsoo looked away from the confused eyes and he avoided any eye contact at all costs. "Uhm... I have something... To say..." 

Kai tilted his head and tried to search for Kyungsoo's eyes but the latter was adamant in avoiding. "Tell me. What's wrong?" Kai tried to reach his hands to Kyungsoo again but the older took a step back. That movement just made Kai frowned. "Do Kyungsoo..."

"Listen." Kyungsoo started after a few minutes debating in his head. He saw Kai nodded his head slightly in his peripheral vision. He took a deep breath. "I... I think that... I think that we better off as friends."

Cue the defining silence. Kyungsoo had closed shut his eyes as he blurted them out but he was curious about Kai's reactions. He did not know what to say next because he expected the sad Kai or the disbelieve Kai but in those ten minutes, he heard nothing. He was supposed to say that it was a prank after Kai begged him but it had been moments and nothing happened. After like another two minutes of silence, Kai spoke up. "Is that mean you're breaking up with me? Really?" 

Surprisingly, Kai's voice was awfully calm and Kyungsoo's heart stopped beating for three seconds. The older opened his eyes and looked at the younger. He nodded his head a bit after he saw the unreadable expression from Kai. 

"Really?" Kai's voice was so low that Kyungsoo almost missed it. Maybe, Kyungsoo thought, maybe that was the cue to say it was a prank. He really needed to say it. Say that it was all planned. It was just a prank. He really needed to, but as soon as his lips tried to stretch into a smile, wanted to say the truth, the younger was smiling widely making his own vanished into a thin air. "Oh God! I never thought that we think alike!" By now, Kai was grinning uncontrollably wide, as if he was relieved. 

"What?" Kyungsoo asked as he felt speechless. 

"I thought that you'd never felt the same way!" Kyungsoo could feel his own heart dropped to his stomach. Eyes searching for the truth in Kai's but as if he was blinded, all he saw was relieved. At that, he felt like heaving out what he had eaten that day to empty his stomach because he felt like this is unreal. "I think so too. I missed my freedom days when I always played around with everyone. Since we've been dating, I barely had time for my other friends anymore. I had been thinking about we take a break from each other and tried to live without being together all the time but I never had a chance to do it. And you bringing it up was like an open chance! We're thinking the same, right?" 

At Kai's expectant face, it made Kyungsoo to feel out of breath. He wanted to take a deep breath, to cool himself down and maybe this all was a dream but Kai was showing his happy expression had him hit hard on the reality, realization fell down upon him. He does not have a heart to ruin Kai's expectations so he just unconsciously nodded slightly. 

"Oh my God! We're still friends, right? We'll hang out together from time to time but not so much now! Oh gosh! Thank you so much, Kyungsoo Hyung! Oh wait, I can call you that, right, Hyung?" 

No more Kyungie. No more Soo. No more Kyung. It was a plain Hyung. However, Kyungsoo did not saying anything instead, he just nodded along as if it does not affecting him at all. What they did not aware was someone in the bushes near both of them had his phone clutched tightly in his hands. Recording was the last thing he wanted to do the moment he saw Kai was smiling. He just sat there in the bushes in disbelief. Eyes wide while mouth shut, avoiding any gasp to burst and busted his whereabouts. 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter