Chapter 1

The Imperfect Destiny

The afternoon is the working hour for most people. They were struggling and working hard for their living, but unexpectedly, there is still somebody who just wake up from her dreamland. The afternoon sun has passed window’s pane, and the person in bed slowly opens her sleepy eyes. The girl lifted a hand to block the sunlight through the window, reached up again with the other hand, and then stretched halfway on the bed.

Lifting the bed sheet, she walked off the bed and came to the dressing room. After grooming, she went to the large closet in the room, opened the closet door, and picked a white T-shirt with giraffe graffiti on the center and light blue skinny jeans.

The girl left her bedroom and there was a long corridor outside her bedroom. At the end of the hallway was a long staircase. She walked down the stairs with her head lowering while searching her handbag for her cell phone.

In the meanwhile, a group of people was facing each other and they were walking toward to her direction. They were chatting happily. 

A male voice spoke up, “Lee Jin-ah, eating that much French fries, fat is dead isn’t it?“ He pushed her head.

"Fat is better than starving." The girl, known as Lee Jin-ah, turned her head walking backward and said to the three men walking behind her as she lowered her head to dip the fries on the pack of tomato sauce on her other hand.

"APPA, do you agree with me?” Jin-Ah didn't notice that there was someone who was approaching her. Jin-Ah bumped into her because of this and the french fries covered ketchup in her hand soiled the girl's pure white graffiti t-shirt.

Feeling the impact, the girl raised her head and looked at her spotless white t-shirt covered in dirt. She shouted out. "Ah!"

Her scream drew the attention of Jin-ah and found out that she has collided with someone. 

Jin-ah immediately apologized and said, "I'm sorry!" Then she glanced at the ketchup on the girl’s clothes. Jin-ah tried to use the tissue on her hand to clean the ketchup for her after apologizing. 

Jin-ah said "I'll clean it for you" but she got rejected straightaway.

The girl pushed Jin-ah’s hand mercilessly, and said in a warning tone "Don't touch me!" 

Keeping her head down, she desperately rubbing the dirt on the clothes with her handkerchief she taking out from her bag.

Being treated harshly, Jin-Ah was a little angry. What a great deal? Just a touch.

Seeing this situation, the guy who had just teased Jin-ah spoke up to defend for Jin-ah. “I would like to apologize for my sister. She was not doing it deliberately. I beg for your forgiveness.” He was Jin-ah’s older brother, Lee Jonghyun.

Same as Jin-ah, Jonghyun received indifference treatment from the girl. She looked around for a familiar face as she called out “Captain Butler!”

Once the scream was sounded, Mr. Kwon had quickly rushed to the source of the sound. Later, he heard the girl shouting for him, Mr. Kwon speeded up and went to the living room, he asked, “Agassi, what is happening?”

"Why would there are strangers in our house?" The girl said in a tone of intimidation to Mr. Kwon. "I should be the one who asking what’s happening?”

"Oh, they are decorators, they are hired by Master.” Mr. Kwon answered the girl's question. As all you see now, the girl was the daughter of the house owner, Kim SoEun

"Decor? Why haven't I heard it from Appa saying that our house is going to be renovated?" SoEun said quizzically. What is this about? "The scope of their activities, you did not give clear-cut orders?”

"Missy, we just go for afternoon tea. We'll be working immediately." Jin-ah’s father said to SoEun with politeness even though he was the eldest in the house now.

“I’m going upstairs to change my clothes and wait for me and throw it away." SoEun turned her back to everyone and headed to her bedroom upstairs to change her dirty clothes into a new one.

Looking at SoEun’s back, the person standing in the spot finally breathed a sigh of relief. One of the boys said, "This girl is too rude, right? Master, you are elder, she even ignored you." He was the pupil of Jonghyun’s father, training to be a decorator. His name is Kim Minseok.

"Yeah! There is just a small area stained with the ketchup and she’s going to throw it away. It's too wasteful." Jin-ah said in a querulous tone.

“Lee Jin-ah!” Minseok called out for Jin-ah and raised his hand to do a high five with her. 

After then, Minseok turned his eyes to Jonghyun, and asked, “Jonghyun, do you think so?”

Jonghyun had seemed curiously distracted and did not answer Minseok’s call. Seeing no reaction from Jonghyun, Minseok pushed his shoulders, and called again ”Jonghyun!”

When Jonghyun was finally backed to his sense, he was very puzzled and said to Minseok, "What happened?"

“Don’t tell me that you are taking a liking to her?” Minseok asked eagerly. The absentminded Jonghyun caught his attention.

"OPPA, seriously? Kim Minseok got you?!” Jin-ah can’t believe what she heard from Minseok, she exclaimed.

"Hey, Lee Jin-ah, calling me by my full name?! I am older than you, where is your manner?” Minseok will never miss the chance to pick a fight with Jin-ah.

“Kim Minseok, that’s no our point here, okay?” Jin-ah reluctantly rolled her eyes and felt helpless about Minsoek picking holes in her. 

“That's true! Jonghyun, what do you say? did I guess it right?" Minseok shifted his sight and turned the curious face to Jonghyun’s direction again.

"You two stop talking nonsense. I'm just thinking about something." Jonghyun explained himself. He denied what Minseok accused him of. His voice sounded calm.

“That will be great, OPPA. The temperament of these wealthy ladies is not something ordinary people like us can tolerate." Jin-ah reminded Jonghyun that they and SoEun were from the different world in which to not making any wrong decision. 

"She is the lady of this mansion, Kim SoEun. Her personality just a bit unique than normal people, not impolite." Mr. Kwon talked SoEun up as Jin-ah and Minseok kept on making critical comments about SoEun’s character. He had been working for SoEun’s family when they first moved into this mansion. He also felt bewilderment the first time he met SoEun. But he started to understand that she just had the difficulty to get along with the people outside her social network.

“Unique? Why I just feel like she just being snobbish?“ Jin-ah cannot understand SoEun’s behavior. She expressed her disagreement toward Mr. Kwon’s word. 

"Jin-ah, you can't be that so impolite." Jin-ah’s father started to stop Jin-ah to acting discourteously.

"APPA, is it impolite to me to do that? What about her?" Jin-ah was not convinced. She turned her chin to the direction of the stairs once she mentioned SoEun. 

"Forget it, Lee Jin-ah! How can we compare with these young ladies." MInseok told Jin-ah thoroughly to stop arguing. “We have to rely on them." 

Listening to the Minseok’s word, the thing that Jin-ah could only swallow her complaint and dissatisfactory. After this incident, she made up her mind that it would be better for them to have any contact with SoEun as much as possible.

“Our Agassi is not like what you think. She has her reasons." Mr. Kwon once again stood up for SoEun without her notice. As he saying so, he looked in the direction of the stairs and said, "Don't say that I didn't tell you. Agassi has serious cleaning disorder. When you all doing your works, don't muck up the place. If she sees it, she will be thunderous."

“Cleaning disorder?” Jonghyun was listening to Mr. Kwon’s words and was immersed in a thought. His eyes looked over the stairs.

"It's no wonder that when Jin-ah accidentally smeared her shirt with ketchup leading her to such a big reaction." Minseok put his hand and held his chin and said in an analysis tone.

"Em, weird temper!" Jin-ah said in a puzzled way. She shook her head lightly. 

"All right. Let go to work quickly." Jin-ah’s father tried to stop the discussion, and then turned to Mr.Kwon and said, "Thank you, Mr. Kwon, for letting us know. We will be cautious about it.”

Mr. Kwon responded by nodding his head and then said to Jin-ah’s father, “It's all right! President Lee! Please excuse me.” Mr. Kwon gave Jonghyun’s father a nice smile and left them behind. He immediately got back to his work. 

“Go ahead!” Jonghyun’s father politely nodded and responded to Mr. Kwon. Mr. Kwon and Jonghyun’s father were in their middle age; there was just three to four years difference. Jonghyun’s father turned around facing his kids and Minseok and said, “Alright, Jonghyun, Jin-ah, and MInseok, start moving!”

"Yes, APPA!" "I know, Master!" Jin-ah responded to her father in unison with Minseok. However, why there’s a voice missing? 

Jonghyun’s father turned to Jonghyun and looked at him who dazed. He called, “Jonghyun! Jonghyun! Why are you spacing out? Go to work!”

"NE?Yes, APPA!" Jonghyun regained his composure, he replied to his father. All of them left the living room and went to the large backyard of the mansion continuing where they left off. 

At this time, SoEun, who had changed clothes, walked down the stairs. Just like earlier, she had the same simple series of clothing, a white sleeveless chiffon shirt with a pink tank top underneath it. SoEun made all the way to the direction of the door. On the way, Mr. Kwon said goodbye to SoEun “Agassi, drive safely!“

SoEun did not have any reaction as she stepped out of the house. She took the red sports car parking inside their garage. SoEun opened the car door and climbed into the car, starting the car and leaving her home.

SoEun drove a sports car on the street of Seoul. After a period of time, she came to her destination and it was a hair salon. She arbitrarily parked the car outside the entrance to the salon. Soeun walked off the car and got into the salon.

The receptionist at the hair salon saw a guest coming in and politely asked SoEun "Miss, do you want to have a haircut?”

SoEun ignored the receptionist’s question and looked at what she was looking for when she entered the salon. Soon, SoEun found the person she was looking for, and she went directly to that person’s direction.

"Hey, Miss! We are not taking walk-in now.” The receptionist tried to stop SoEun from moving forward, but she was pulled by the staff inside the salon, who standing near her.

“Leave her alone, she is a friend of Changwook sunbae-nim!” This was not the first time he saw SoEun’s attitude. The staff at the salon were not surprised.

“What brought you here? Is there anything happened?” Changwook, who was doing hair for the customer. he saw SoEun’s presence from the mirror in front of him as he was focusing on his work.

"I can't come to you as I want? I need you to accompany me!" SoEun’s eyes stared at Changwook as if Changwook was the only person she saw. There was no other expression on her face.

“Have a seat in the pantry, I'm almost done here.” Changwook gestured with eyes to indicate the direction of the pantry. He still not looking at SoEun while talking to her.

"No, I want it now, immediately!" SoEun shook her head and overbearingly expressed her tough stance.

"I have a customer here, wait for me for a while!" Changwook did not want to show any disrespect toward the customers. He tried to nurse SoEun.

Changwook’s attitude stimulated SoEun and caused her to lose her sense. She quietly walked to the pantry and vindictively switched off the electric box placed there. In the next second, the salon was now full in darkness, which scared the customers and staffs inside the salon a lot.

"What happened? Power off?!"

“What? Did you guys not paying your electricity bill?” At the moment when the guests were crouching, SoEun walked from the pantry and moved to Changwook’s direction, stopping next to him.

SoEun’s demeanor caused a dissatisfaction from the guest in the hair salon, and everyone reproached her with her excess. 

In this situation, the silent Changwook made SoEun out of control. She ran out the salon hastily. Witnessing that, Changwook realized that he had made mistakes. He left everything behind for his pupil, Lee Minhyuk and dashed off the salon to catch up with SoEun.