Final

I Want You

Knock knock

 

“Come in” A voice full of authority echo-ed through the room.

The messenger salutes and relay the message. “Your Majesty, Empress Sana of the East Empire have arrived.”

The Queen held her head as she feels it aching at the mention of Empress Sana.

“I understand, her to the Audience Room. I’ll be there shortly.”

The messenger bows and left the room to pass on the message.

 

“Sana…” The queen clenches her jaws and tightens her hold on her fountain pen.


 

 

 

1 year ago

“Your Majesty, the Empress of East Empire have requested a hand in marriage with her daughter – Her Highness, Princess Sana.”

“What? The Empress attended my engagement party with Lady Momo! What is wrong with her?”

The messenger shivers in fear as the queen is fuming in anger.

“Calm down, Jeong. It must be a joke. You don’t have to be angry about this. Just reject her offer.”

“Momo… I-I understand.”

Jeongyeon took a deep breath and ordered “Messenger, send a message to the Emperor of East Empire with my apology and rejection to her offer. Remind her that I am engaged to Lady Momo.”

“Understood.” The messenger acknowledged the command and left the room.


 

 

 

2 months later

The attendants were running all over the palace making sure that the palace is ready to receive their guest from Imperial East.

“Be careful of that vase! It was a gift from the Federation’s Tsar!”

“Where are the roses for the Audience Room?”

“We need more hands here! The statue is too heavy!”

 

 

“Your Majesty are you done dressing up?”

“Yes, I am waiting for Momo. We will head over to the Audience Room when she is done.”

“Understood.”

 

 

Audience Room

“Her Majesty Empress Jihyo of East Empire and her Highness Princess Sana of East Empire have arrived.” The attendants and guards stand at attention as the Imperial Family of East Empire walks down the red carpet with their attendants following behind.

 

“Welcome to the Kingdom, Empress Jihyo, Princess Sana.” Queen Jeongyeon smiled warmly with her hands out for a handshake with the Empress with Lady Momo is standing beside her, giving the royalties a curtsy. Before the Empress can shake hands with the Queen, Princess Sana threw herself onto the Queen and hugged her tightly. “Jeongyeon! I missed you!”

 

The Queen’s face darkened, her smile turned into a frown as she tried to pry Sana off her.

“Sana, behave!”

“Yes, Imperial Mother.” Sana pouts as she slowly released her grip on the Queen.

The Queen straightened her clothes as Momo calmed her down by fondly holding her hand, caressing it.

“Please have a seat.” The Queen cleared and smile as she tried to be a good host even though she was irritated by Sana’s action.

The Queen swiftly proceeded to her throne, still holding Momo’s hand. The Queen lead Momo to sit beside her before taking a seat herself.

“What brought the Imperial Family of East Empire to the Kingdom?”

“Oh my, how straight forward. I am here regarding the rejection of the marriage to my daughter.”

“I am engaged.” The Queen state as her blood starts to boil.

“Yes, I understood that. I am here to apologise for my thoughtlessness. I have made a mistake. I hope that it will not strain the relationship between the Kingdom and the East Empire.” Empress Jihyo sincerely apologise.

“I see, is that all? That is alright. It was a mistake, I will forg-“ “NO!” The Queen was rudely interrupted. “Your Majesty deserves someone better than that commoner!”

The Queen glares at the owner of the voice. “I do not care if she is a commoner, a noble or a royalty. I love her and that is all I need to marry her. You have crossed the line, Princess Sana.” She knew that a ruler marrying a commoner is unbelievable, but she had fallen in love with one. Momo have stolen her heart and she can’t have it back.

Empress Jihyo was shocked by what her daughter have said and immediately apologises for her daughter’s words. Luckily, the Queen dismissed it. However, she will not forgive her if she did it again.


 

 

Three months later

“Your Majesty, the Regent, Princess Sana have arrived.”

“Again?” The Queen dismisses the messenger and head towards the Audience Room where Sana is waiting.

 

 

Audience Room

“What do you want?”

“You know what I want.” Sana grins. “Anyway, I am here to stay. I will be staying for a month or so.”

“NO. Go back to East Empire. You are not allowed to stay here.”

“So… you will risk the peace of your Kingdom?” Sana smirks as she snakes towards the Queen and the Queen’s face. Empress Jihyo have fallen ill and Princess Sana is the Regent of East Empire. East Empire have armies strong enough to make the Kingdom fall into despair while the Kingdom is one of the weakest in the continent. The relationship with the Kingdom’s Royal Family and the East Empire’s Imperial Family enabled the Kingdom to survive threats from the other countries. As the Regent, Princess Sana have the ability to permanently stop the protection for the Kingdom.

“I understand. Stay as you wish.” The Queen gives up and walks away from Princess Sana while giving instructions to the attendants to make arrangement for Princess Sana’s accommodation.


 

 

 

One month later

“My affection for you keeps growing. Why don’t you ditch your commoner fiancée and marry me instead? You won’t have to worry about any incoming threats forever!”

“I refuse to do so. I am marrying Lady Momo next month and that is that.”

“You will regret your decision.” Princess Sana proclaimed and left the Queen’s study room.


 

 

 

Two weeks later

“Greetings, Momo.” Princess Sana smiled sweetly at the Lady squirming on the dirty ground.

“Oops! My bad. You can’t speak with that cloth in your mouth. Let me fix that.” Princess Sana snaped her fingers and her attendant removed the cloth gag.

“W-why are you doing this?! What d-do you w-want?!” Lady Momo trembled in fear.

“What do I want? Shouldn’t it be clear to you? I want Jeongyeon and you are in the way.”

“Jeongyeon won’t be with you even if you kill me!” Momo retorted.

“Are you sure about that?” Sana drew her attendant’s sword and lifted Momo’s head with the sword under Momo’s chin.

“Well, I will know when you die. Goodbye, Lady Momo.” Princess Sana swung the sword and slit Momo’s throat. Momo’s body fell on the dirty ground with her blood pooling around her.

“Clean this up. Jeongyeon must not know about this.” Princess Sana ordered as she threw the blood-stained sword aside and returned to her carriage.


 

 

 

One week later

”Momo is still not found? Not even a trace?” the Queen bellowed. It had been a week since Lady Momo was missing. The Queen was extremely worried.

“Assign more search teams, search more thoroughly. NOW!” The search team squad leader bows and hurries off to carry out the order.

“Momo is still missing?” Princess Sana walks in and sat at the Queen’s desk.

“Get down.”

“Touchy. Do you still remember what I told you?” Sana giggles as she walks out of the Queen’s study room.

 

You will regret your decision. No way. The Queen realised what had happened and quickly followed Princess Sana. The Queen grabbed Princess Sana’s shoulder and spun her around to face her. “You did not…” The Queen clenched her teeth and strengthened her grip.

“Ouch! That hurts! Let me go!”

“NO! TELL ME, WHAT DID YOU DO?” The Queen had enough of Princess Sana and with her beloved missing, she is not letting this go easily.

“UGH! IT HURTS!”

“TELL ME!”

“I-I I HAVE HER KILLED!”

The Queen was stunned. She releases her grip on Princess Sana and fell on her knees.

“No… no… she can’t be dead.”

“She is dead. I killed her with my two hands.” Princess Sana mumbled as she rubbed her shoulders.

”I-I WILL KILL YOU!” The Queen launches at Princess Sana and strangles her with her hands. The Queen’s attendants who were on their way to report to the Queen saw the scene and quickly pulled the Queen away from Princess Sana.

“LET ME GO! I MUST KILL HER. SHE KILLED MOMO.”

“Ugh…” Princess Sana catches her breath and said, “Kill me and you Kingdom will be doomed.”

The Queen glares at Princess Sana and collected herself.

“Get lost. I don’t welcome you here. GET OUT OF MY CASTLE!”


 

 

 

Present

“What do you want? Empress Sana.”

“You know what I want.” Empress Sana steps forward and lifts the Queen’s chin with her fingers. She stares at the Queen’s eyes that are full of hatred and smiled.

 

 

 

 

“I want you.”