Chapter 1

Of Eyes that See
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Beautiful. Stunning. Deep. So much emotion.

 

That were things people always said about his art. That’s what they call it. His pitiful attempts at expressing himself. Donghae didn’t know how to express himself differently. Sure, he could always tell someone but they wouldn’t understand. They never did.

 

Since he was a small kid he didn’t know how to tell people his thoughts and feelings. While other kids just blurted everything out, Donghae kept quiet. He didn’t talk much and he didn’t interact a lot with people. At one point he discovered the art of painting. Donghae was a teenager back then. No more than thirteen years old. Back then the teacher of his art class loved his paintings. He didn’t understand why. They weren’t something special.
Back then no one would have ever thought the paintings of a kid could have so much meaning hidden in them.

 

The small boy from back then was a grownup man now. 26 years of age. He grew up well. Painting was his profession now. His art sold well. He belonged to the rich people now. Technically, that is. Donghae was never a person to like attention. He originally didn’t sell his art because he wanted to. It was his friend and Hyung Kim Heechul who discovered it first.

 

The elder was stunned by Donghae’s talent before he suggested to sell it to make a living. At first the younger didn’t want to do it. It was like exposing himself and his very being to the public eye. On top of that he didn’t have money to hold an exhibition anyways. After a lot of persuading from the great Kim Heechul and befriending the rich Choi Siwon, Donghae held his very first exhibition. He thought, no hoped, no one would come to see his paintings but he didn’t expect the plan of his two friends. Siwon officially sponsored the younger’s exhibition, Donghae knew that, but he didn’t know that Siwon would make a substantial investment to make people see the young painter’s art.

 

Donghae was shocked when he saw the big hall full of paintings he made over the years but he was even more shocked seeing the amount of people looking at them. Of course, the visitors didn’t know the real identity or face of the artist. He was introduced to them as ‘Heewon’ after all.

 

Heewon – A name made by combining the names of the two people who helped and supported him first as an artist.

 

Donghae had met Heechul when he was just ten. The elder had always been there for him. Siwon however, he met when he was sixteen. Back then he didn’t know about the elder’s riches. They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter