Final

On and On

“It’s over for real this time.”

 

Three pairs of eyes stare skeptically at Jinyoung as he chases after the straw in his drink. They’re sitting in a circular booth, empty glasses scattered around the table, the result of Jinyoung calling them out for a ‘single pringles’ night, nevermind the fact that Jinyoung is the only ‘single’ one and only because he was on a self-proclaimed break.

 

“What? I’m serious,” Jinyoung adds when he notices the looks he’s receiving. “We’re not getting back together. Not this time.”

 

“Hyung, that’s what you said the last ten times you and Jaebum hyung took a break and you always went back,” Kunpimook slurs, heavily leaning against Yugyeom.

 

“I imagine it’s because Jaebum hyung has an amazing d-” Jackson chokes mid-sentence as Jinyoung wraps a hand around his throat.

 

“Just because you’re fine announcing your  life to the world doesn’t mean you need to talk about mine.”

 

Jackson pulls out of Jinyoung’s chokehold to let out short burst of laughter. “Jinyoungie, you act as if you two don’t hook up in a coat closet every time there’s alcohol involved. Anyone who’s friends with either of you know what you sound like when you’re-” Jinyoung uses both hands to choke Jackson this time, scrambling onto his lap at an attempt of murder.  

 

“Ya-shoul-you-two-hep-me!?” Jackson wheezes, hands reaching out towards the two youngest snickering to each other on the other side of the booth.

 

“Keep talking and you’re going to be knocked down to second place in my list of favorites,” Jinyoung threatens as he steps off and out of the booth, heading towards the dancefloor.

 

“Where are you going, hyung? You can’t even walk straight anymore!” Yugyeom calls out behind him, receiving only a finger in response.

 

Jinyoung’s never quite enjoyed the club scene, much less dancing in public (and no, it’s NOT because he dances like an old man as Kunpimook claims) but right now, with alcohol running through his veins, it sounds like the perfect plan to get over Jaebum.

 

He’s been dancing for a total of five minutes when he feels a presence behind him. Jinyoung heaves a sigh, ready to turn and push the body off when a deep voice enters his ears, “Care to dance?”

 

Oh okay.

 

Jinyoung has always had a weakness for deep, raspy voices, especially in the mornings when sunlight is streaming into the room and Jaebum wakes him up with a sleepy good morning, followed by...pleasant activities.

 

So Jinyoung stays in his spot, instead nodding and shuffling closer to the warmth. Strong chest muscles are flush against his back and hands are slowly settling onto his hips.  A nice, powerful grip. Their pelvises line up perfectly and Jinyoung takes the opportunity to grind back ever so slowly.

 

“Want to take this somewhere private?” the stranger croons into his ear and Jinyoung surrenders, uttering out a quick “please” before he’s being lightly push towards the edge of the crowd.

 

When they finally break out of the dancefloor, Jinyoung grabs ahold of the hand on his right hip, leading the stranger towards the restrooms.They’re a few feet away when Jinyoung finally turns around to look at the stranger and he stops cold in his steps.

 

It’s Im ing Jaebum.

 

“Are you serious?” Jinyoung deadpans, fully aware of their still linked hands.

 

“What?” Jaebum questions back, eyebrows scrunching up in a definitely not adorable way.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“You said you wanted to take it somewhere private.”

 

“Not with you!”

 

“What do you mean? You said yes on the dance-” Jaebum cuts himself off, eyes narrowing as he pulls his hand out of Jinyoung’s grip and crosses his arms, gaze accusatory. “You didn’t know it was me?”

 

Jinyoung mirrors the stance, eyes stubbornly looking anywhere but at Jaebum.

 

“Jinyoung, you were really about to hook up a stranger even though we’re together?”

 

“We’re not together, hyung,” Jinyoung scoffs, finally making eye contact with the elder.

 

“Of course we are.”

 

“We’re on a break.”

 

“We’re on a break every two weeks, Jinyoung. It doesn’t hold meaning anymore.”

 

“It does to me,” Jinyoung huffs, voice turning whiny despite his best efforts to stop it.

 

Jaebum sighs, running a hand through his hair. Jinyoung absolutely positively glares at that because Jaebum knows, he knows it’s Jinyoung’s weakness and he’s doing it on purpose.

 

“Stop that, people are staring,” Jinyoung pouts when he notices all the attention the elder is getting. It’s not fair how attractive Jaebum is just by simply breathing.

 

“Why?” Jaebum smirks, angling his head to look a Jinyoung. “Is someone jealous?”

 

“Tch, who’s jealous?” Jinyoung scoffs only to realize Jaebum is stepping closer, backing him up against a wall. “Hyung, stop it.”

 

“What am I doing?” Jaebum cheekily asks.

 

Jinyoung is sandwiched between the wall and the elder now, gulping nervously and frantically scanning around for an escape route.  

 

“Do I make you nervous, Jinyoung?”

 

“Fat chance.”

 

“I’ll take that chance.”

 

There’s a moment of silence as the two stare each other down, gaze electrifying.

 

“ you, hyung,” Jinyoung surrenders, arms wrapping around the elder’s neck to pull him down for a kiss.


 



 

“Told you, you always go back,” Kunpimook chirps, too cheerful for noon after a night of drinking.

 

“Shut up,” Jinyoung glares from behind his cup of coffee.

 

“I’m beginning to think you two are exhibitionists,” Jackson unhelpfully adds, soaking his pancakes with syrup. “The way you two were going at it last night, couldn’t even tell you were on a ‘break.’”

 

“I didn’t even know we were on a break,” Jaebum mumbles through his mouthful of food, looking so much like a chipmunk that Jinyoung can’t even get mad at him for the teasing. He does manage to spare a glare at the rest of the table as they all laugh at the comment, however.

 

“It’s true. Jaebum hyung was so confused last night because Jinyoung hyung randomly went missing,” Youngjae innocently supplies.

 

“How did hyung know where we were?” Yugyeom asks. Jinyoung nods along, curious about the answer as well.

 

“Oh, Jackson told me,” Mark nonchalantly answers.

 

Jinyoung’s mouth falls open, turning to Jackson, hands already coming up, ready to choke the other if it wasn’t for Jaebum holding him back. “Jackson, you traitor!”

 

“What!? The night ended well for you anyway, didn’t it? Shouldn’t you be thanking me?!”

 

“You’re officially demoted to last place!”

 

“Aw, even if I helped you get some great last night?”

 

“I do have an amazing ,” Jaebum boasts.

 

“Congrats, Seunie. You’ve been promoted one spot,” Jinyoung glares at Jaebum, who can only pout back at the words.