Sapphire Moonlight

Sapphire Moonlight (Eunhyuk and ELF One-Shot fanfic)

"What on earth am I doing here?" I sighed as I glanced at my friends who were dancing with strangers. I couldn't believe I was in a night club, a place I was really  uncomfrotable of going and a place I don't even feel belonged. They dragged me, because they wanted to get rid of this mental disease called "Super Junior Fever". They thought that I had spent a little too much time fangirling and dreaming about Super Junior, I wish they can understand me, but I know they never will, because they are more mature than I am. They are masters of debate, having clusters of knowledge about various world topics absorbed in their heads. They are soon-to-be-scholars, nailing every written assignment and every presentation. They are future leaders, bossing around during group work and getting attention from their lecturers and colleagues to hear their opinions and whatnot. I'm the only one among them who doesn't meet these standards. I am more of a socially awkward girl who prefers replaying Super Junior songs and watching Super Junior videos every single day. Wherever I go, I am always drugged by my secret happy pill, my beloved 15 boys. One of them, Eunhyuk, catches my eye. Military service is a renewed puberty spell. It transforms a Korean man into an upgraded version of good looks and masculinity. When Eunhyuk returns from army, he has gotten a whole lot handsome than before, and I was completely shooked. His look in the Black Suit comeback drives me wild. I felt like I've become a roasted potato, because he looks smoking hot! Like literally smoking hot! How on earth has he become so fine???

My thoughts were interrupted by fake giggling. I tried not to throw up as I saw one of my "friends" her lips while shaking her booty in front of a macho man. Gosh...why would girls think that the only way to make guys dazed is by being on the dance floor in a freaking night club. Like just why? Lust is something I can't even understand sometimes. We humans can easily fall in love with appearance, and not often with personality. Of course we all will be attracted by appearance, but I wish that we can fall in love by more than just appearance. There's character, values, motives, dreams, plans, and many more things a person can admire for. As I grow to love Super Junior, I fall in love with their strengths, flaws, attitudes, habits, histories and wishes in life. Eunhyuk may gives tons of crazy fan service by testing our innocence with his washboard abs and seductive dancing, but I've also fallen for his charm that never fails to make my heart to skip a beat. His traits: hardworking, humble, polite, humourous, sweet, caring, honest...I can make a five to ten pages list of them. They may be idols, but they're also humans. I hope that they will find someone who will love them as a person and not merely a celebrity. Sometimes...I wish that someone is me... 

"Hi! May I sit here?" a male voice made me jump. My eyes widened, my jaw dropped and my heart did a million staccato. Standing in front of me was my Kpop dream guy. His bangs nearly covered his eyes, and his friendly smile made me melt. 

"Oh! Uh...yeah! Sure!" I nod, trying to act my cool. 

"Thanks."

My head went ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod once he sat at the seat opposite me. I could smell the aroma of fresh strawberries from him, and I know that he has the same favourite berry as me. "Mmm! Strawberry!" I said absent-mindedly. He looked at me confusedly. I quickly covered my mouth with one hand, mentally facepalmed for saying such a stupid thing. 

He chuckled, "Thanks! It's my favourite shampoo," 

My face lit up. "I have strawberry-scented shampoo too!" 

"No way! You're the first girl I've met who likes strawberry scent too! Most of the girls I've met prefer flowery, earthy or ocean scents. That's kinda boring, don't you think?" 

I looked at him in surprise. "That's exactly how I felt when I'm with my friends! Also, I find guys wearing berry-scented products quite attractive. It's like I can drown into a revitalizing and comforting paradise whenever I'm in his hug...oops!" He stared in amusement. My face flushed. "I...I'm sorry! I let my inner thoughts slip away! I don't usually do that!" I stare at my hands clenched into fists on my lap. Gosh! I felt like an idiot! 

To my surprise, he laughed. I looked up to see his infamous gummy smile. "Don't be sorry! I tend to do that too. Besides, you're the first girl I've talked to in this crammy place." He then made a face as he looked around the night club. 

"You don't come here often?" 

"No...it's my first time. I don't really like clubbing. I like to party with my friends and my SuJu brothers, but I don't have time clubbing. That leads me to not liking clubs. Plus, I'm an idol with a packed schedule. Well...usually." 

"Hallyu idol, to be accurate." I chipped in. 

"Yeah! Exactly!" he giggled. 

"I hate clubbing too! I would rather indulge in the world of Super Junior in my room. I'm down with a cup of Super Junior ramen while watching Super Junior videos." 

"I would do that as well!" his eyes sparkled. He gave me a high five. "So you must be an ELF?" 

"Yeah," I replied shyly, "big fan." 

"Well, would you like to go somewhere else? Somewhere where we can chill and get to know each other? You know, not like...uh...this." 

"I think I know just the place." I wink. 


Eunhyuk and I went to a convenience store to buy ramen. We had a little who's-paying-for-both fight, and we ended up playing a round of rock-papers-scissors. Eunhyuk bet my paper with his mighty scissors. Oh well, he's much older than me anyway. Hopefully when we meet again by chance, I'll pay for his ramen. It's fair this way. 

After cooking our ramen, we walked to Han River which was a few kilometres away from the convenience store. He found a bench where we can eat while watching the twinkling night sky. We slurped our ramen and talked for a good two hours. I was surprised that he was intrigued in my purpose of moving to Korea. He was interested when I talked about teaching English to children in a rural elementary school, and I spent my weeekends in Seoul. Sometimes I came to Han River to get some inspiration for my writing. Its magnificient view of the building aligning the horizon came in handy for me to think of ideas for new poetry. As an artist, he agreed with me that inspiration is an important tool to get writing done. "Spending time with your loved ones will help you with your writing too, because you will get unconditional love and support from them. Emotions with others will help you to connect with your thoughts and past experiences, and that'll be a raw ingredient for your writing to come alive." I gave his words of wisdom five thumbs up. 

Eunhyuk then looked up to see the full moon illuminating a silver glow.

"Do you look at the moon often?" I asked. 

"Yeah, since I was little." he replied. 

"Dalnim really suits you after all." I smiled. 

"I guess so," he smiled in return, "The moon has a silver sheen, just like my first stage name 'Eun' which means silver." 

"Is there another reason why you've decided to call yourself the moon?" 

Silence replaced his answer. I waited for a little more, but he didn't say anything. Nervousness sprung in me, but as I was about to look away from the sky, he suddenly reached one hand to my face and held my cheek. I stared into his warm brown eyes in surprise. "Because I want to find a girl who is as mysterious as the moon. I've been searching for her for many years, but tonight," he said as he leaned closer, "I think I've finally found her." 

I couldn't move, because our faces were literally inches apart. My heart beat a lot faster, and my mind was whirling with this cliche question, "Is he going to kiss me?" I held my breath, not knowing what he's going to do. To my surprise but slight disappointment, he moved his head to kiss on my right cheek. Still, I mentally squealed. My cheeks went really red, and I looked to the river so that he won't see my flushed face. I mean OMG hello?! My bias just kissed me on my cheek! That's a Kpop fan dream! 

"Did I surprise you?" he asked innocently. 

"N...no." I stammered. 

He giggled before looking at me tenderly, "But I'm serious. when I spotted you at the corner back at the night club, you seemed to have a serene and cheerful look on your face when you were spaced out, which I predict that you're thinking about Super Junior, am I right? Even though we just met, I feel comfortable talking to you and being here with you. Being an idol can be so stressful, because even when you're trying to have your privacy, people would try to follow you around like hounds. But now that I've met you, an actual fan, and we have this moment together, for the first time in a while, I feel free. And I know it sounds crazy but, this may sound like a fairy tale, but I've grown to like you." I stare at him, awestruck by his confession. "I really, really like you." he said. 

I could feel my face heated up again, but I found myself looking deep into his eyes that sparkled in the moonlight. His eyes were sincere and honest, making him look so pure. I was surprised that I survived from a heart attack, because I was a fan hanging out with a celebrity, and he even spilled his feelings for me. "I...I choose you as my bias in Super Junior, and...I thought I only imagine myself being loved by you in my dreams, but now I...I think I've fallen in love with you. Really, deeply in love with you." We were suddenly interrupted by a cyclist that rode a bike in the speed of lightning. He passed by us without looking, thank goodness. Realized that I was pulled into the gravity of love, I looked away again. "Is...is that an exaggeration?" I mumble.

He laughed once more and got up. "We should probably get back home." 

"Yeah." I agreed, "I should be able to catch the next bus." 

He raised an eyebrow, "Bus? What are you talking about? I'm taking you home." 

I turned to him, stunned. "What?" 

"What's the matter? I wouldn't want you to walk alone at this hour! You might get kidnapped by some creepy ! I can take you home, don't worry." 

"But you don't have a car, do you?" 

"At home, " he clarified, "but I can take the bus with you and accompany you to your home." 

"That's...really nice of you. Thank you." 


We talked more about ourselves and laughed at each other's jokes throughout the bus ride. He's right after all. Having him right by my side felt like I'm not hanging out with an idol or a stranger, but with a friend. When he smiled or laughed, my heart fluttered, but I kept my feelings for him to myself, for I wasn't sure when will I see him again. Forty minutes later, we arrived at the gate to my apartment building. You could clearly tell that my heart sank when we stopped at the entrance. 

"Tonight was one of  the best nights of my life, thank you." he said. 

"Yeah! Tonight was amazing! If you hadn't have seen me back in that ty club, I wouldn't have this date with you." 

"Date?" he smirked. 

"I...I mean...uh....friend date! Not...not an actual date!" I stammered as I waved my hands in hesitation. 

He held his stomach to prevent himself from falling as he bursted out laughing. He sure laughed a lot. I wondered why though. Was I too embarassing that he's trying to laugh it off? When he finally calmed himself down, he smiled, "Did I tell you that you're the funniest girl I've ever met?" 

"I am?" 

"I'm not kidding." 

"Oh uh...thank you." I looked down at my Converse. 

"And I hope we can continue to see each other again." he said, "Can I have your phone number?" 

I looked up again, hoping that it's not a dream. He already took out his smartphone and punched the contacts app. "Sure! Of course!" I replied as I fumbled the pocket of my jacket for mine. After we exchanged numbers, he took a step backwards, which was a hint that he was really leaving. 

"Thank you! For everything!" was all I could say. 

He suddenly frowned, "Oh! There's something on your jacket." 

"Huh?" I looked down, "Where?" 

"Right...there." he trailed off and walked to me. He pointed at my shirt, and without warning he leaned towards my face and cushioned his lips against mine. I was taken aback at first, but I slowly closed my eyes and indulged into my first kiss. I was on cloud nine. He pulled back shortly after, and gave me a hug. "I'll see you again soon, okay? I want to take you on a date, so I'll definitely arrange a time to go out with you." he whispered in my ear. 

My lips curled, and my cheeks burned. I answered, "I look forward to it, Eunhyuk." 

"Call me Oppa, if you want." he said and walked  a few steps backwards, "I'll see you then." I nodded and waved till he disappeared into the streets. 

I swore that I suffered from lovesickness that night, because I kept on tossing and turning on my bed. All I did was replaying the memorable night in my head. The feeling of his sweet, pillowy lips on mine was lingering in my excited mind. I was about to get a glass of water, when unexpectedly, I got a text from you-know-who. 

"Bet you can't sleep huh? ㅋㅋㅋ Here's my heart for you. Good night beautiful." his text said, followed by this photo of him showing a finger heart. His eyes mesmerized me once again, but this time I felt that he's by my side, just like he did in our first encounter. I smiled and texted him back, "Such a mind reader XD, but you reach out to me at perfect timing. Good night Oppa <3." I sighed in contentment as I read his text and stared at his photo over and over again. I had my glass of water, crawled back to bed and finally dozed off. Whenever our next encounter comes, I'm sure that we will have more memories together and our love will grow fonder. He's my sapphire moonlight, because I, a lucky Super Junior fan, is drowning in his love.