Home Sweet Home

Coming Home

I've kept this in my drafts for a long time. So I thought that maybe I should post it haha. Enjoy! 

 


 

As she sits in her room preparing for her upcoming final year exam, she knows her body is getting weaker by the day. Having to stay up late at night revising those chapters again and practicing her math equations. But she never gives up, she pulls through. Under her desk lamplight, on her messy table filled with notes and books. She skips her meals at times, because she's so dived into her work and tends to forget. 

Kim Dahyun is definitely a girl who can play and joke around but when it comes to exams and pressure, she will always make sure she does it well. And she always does. She has people to thank for that. Number one, her family who is always supportive of her choices in life and yet they make sure she makes the right one too. Number two, her friends. Though they may be a bit of a trouble, she loves them for sure, for always being there. Last but not least, her very precious, dear and caring girlfriend, Miss Minatozaki Sana. 

They've known each other since middle school. Sana would always be bugging dahyun about everything and the latter on the other hand, wasn't exactly very sociable since a young age. She wasn't familiar with opening up to people, only one person though, which would be Son Chaeyoung. 

Sana would bug dahyun because dahyun looked approachable yet quiet. That led to Sana being intrigued by her. Always asking her what she's up to after school, during recess or could she join her and chaeyoung, even though sana has two japanese friends waiting for her. Basically, saying anything that's on her mind when she's with dahyun. Which does work at times, because she's able to get a laugh out of the younger one. And that only made them closer, friendship wise of course. Chaeyoung has always been on friendly terms with Sana, as they were in the same math class together. But Dahyun didn't mind too, it's just that Sana was always so opened about everything so quickly and loudly. Dahyun can be similar to Sana, in certain ways but only to people she's comfortable with. 

After months of Sana trying to get closer to dahyun, it worked. Which shocked Chaeyoung because she would've never thought dahyun would "open up". But she's never been happier. It was obvious that both girls had feelings for each other, but sana knew that dahyun wasn't ready for a relationship. 

 


 

[High School] 

 

"Psst.. Chaeyoung. What is dahyun doing today? it's last period of the day, i was planning to get her some ramen soup." 

Chaeyoung looked at the girl with raised brows, "You'd get ramen for her when all she does is say a sentence or two to you, and i help you with almost every homework you could possibly have."

"Don't look at me like that, she's cute and soft. I'd run 10 rounds in the school field for her." Sana said with a playful smile. 

The other couldn't help but roll her eyes at her and sighs. "Dahyun isn't feeling too good today. So she'll be at the library till it closes." 

"What? Really? W-Why? Did something happ-pen?"

At the mention of dahyun feeling low today, her expression changed, turned a little sullen and worried. When class ends, she's gonna have to make a beeline for the library. A place that she doesn't go to often or even at all. But she would enter places like that for dahyun, just for this tofu looking girl. Just to make her feel better even though, dahyun doesn't respond much or express her gratitude often. Sana understands. She always will.

"Minatozaki and Son! Would you like to share with the class what was coming out from your mouths that could tear you away from my lesson?" Mr Lee raised his voice, that made the both of their heads turn to the front of the class with eyes opened widely.

"No sir! Err-rr, sana was just asking me how is it possible that A2+B2 = C2.. and how is it that 2 is called a square when a square has 4 sides? and how can A+B=C?" 

That made the rest of their classmates let out a laugh, while Mr Lee actually believed what Chaeyoung had said. "Better not let me catch you both talking until class ends!" Sana then quickly turned to chayoung with a glare and whispered, "You made me sound like an idiot! which i'm not and i'm not that bad at math either!

"It's called 'Karma for not getting ramen for your best math partner' " Chaeyoung responded smugly. While Chaeyoung carries her focus back to class, Sana looks at the clock up on the wall in class.

12:30pm. "Just another half an hour. And i'll finally see her." 

 

Sana was serious when she said she'd make a beeline towards the library. She rushed and pushed people out of her way, "not on purpose" for the right reason and for the right person. Worried is what you can say when you see the look on Sana's face, once she steps into the library. She went past so many shelves and sections of the library. The library was three stories high, and she was already done searching on the second level. No sign of dahyun anywhere, she even asked certain classmates she recognized. Due to the fact that, usually when class ends and it's recess, she immediately goes to dahyun's class to accompany her. 

Right at the entrance of the last level, before she enters, she closes her eyes and prays, dahyun is gonna be there. 

And so, she enters. One thing she realizes is that the third floor was rather empty compared to how packed the first and second floor was. The third floor looks just the same as the first and second. There were a few students, but she didn't really have time to think what's the reason for students to not come up onto the third floor so often. 

She turns to a corner to check the tables that are placed beside the windows of the library. Thankfully, she lets out a giant breath and shoulders dropped, because she finally spots dahyun. The dahyun she's been dying to see for the whole day. She rushes over quickly, secretly and quietly, so the younger one wouldn't notice. 

Dahyun was flipping the pages of her textbook and writing her notes, just revising through, Sana guesses. From the back, Sana covers dahyun's eyes with both of her hands. Dahyun jumps in surprise because it was obvious enough that she's very focused into her work. Sana smiles cutely because she likes surprising dahyun like that and having that small physical contact with dahyun. 

"Who's this? please uncover my eyes.. my chemistry test is tomorrow." Dahyun speaks in a soft manner, that makes sana wanna hug her even more. 

Sana changing the sound and tone of her voice, to a lower one. "Why are you studying chemistry when you should be having it with someone else?" 

Dahyun felt a little creeped out by this voice but it all felt a little familiar. So she brings out both her hands to touch the hands that were covering her vision. 

"Mmm.. i see.. Sana what are you up to this time?" Dahyun smirks. Which made sana let go, and hugging her around her shoulders with her head leaned against dahyun's. 

"How'd you guess? Are you really that smart?" She pouted a little, and dahyun eyeing her from the corner of her eyes. 

"I guessed when i touched your hands, it can't be chaeyoung's because she has small hands, no offence. It couldn't be Nayeon unnie's either, her hands are big as heck. Well, yours are pretty and smooth so....." Dahyun's gaze went down because she suddenly felt shy. 

"Oh? my hands are.... pretty?" Sana blinked quickly because dahyun has never said things like that.

"Yeah... pretty." Dahyun smiles and Sana felt taken aback but she's not gonna complain. Within a second, Sana pulls out a chair beside dahyun, on her right. Both of them were silent for awhile.

"Chaeyoung told me you're feeling down so i knew i had to come no matter what, dahyun." Sana says. 

Dahyun sighs, "Ahh... uhm y-yeah. I didn't do well in that class test of mine so i was pretty upset about it. But don't worry, i'm oka-"

"How much did you get on that test?" Sana cuts her off. 

"What?"

"That test. What did you get?" Sana repeats. 

"I got 45/50.." Sana furrows her brows together. She grabs dahyun's hand, that was on her lap. 

"Dahyun, okay look, coming from me, a student whose grades are super average, which i know i need to improve on. But I need to tell you that you've always been doing well and you're hardworking. Please stop putting uneccesary pressure on yourself, please? It hurts me that you're being so hard on yourself like that. And your health becomes weak when you're this hard on yourself. i know you'll always do well." She needs to assure dahyun because the latter might need it. 

Dahyun have always known that sana had feelings for her. And dahyun's feelings were growing, it has always been. But she couldn't admit it to sana. Because she's afraid of not being enough for her. That's the problem dahyun had. She's always self conscious, thinking she's never gonna make it out there. That there's always more to do. 

Then, she smiles at sana because she admits sana will never fail to make her have more faith in herself. Sana's existence itself, makes it brighter. 

"Thank you sana, you're the best. Really." Dahyun squeezes her hand to tell sana how grateful she is. 

"Always remember to watch out on what's really important. Sometimes life goes by in a flash, and you'd miss all the opportunites for the wrong reason." Sana tells her, looking deeply into her eyes. And she felt like, she wasn't really talking about academics anymore. It did hit her hard though. 

Sana? No, she can't lose her. Sana made her life better, in a way that it brought in positivity and radiance. She can't imagine her life without this human form of light, purity, cuteness and a tinge of "iness" that Sana does to flirt with her. 

"Okay.. i'll finish up until 6pm. Then let's get ramen?" Dahyun smiles awkwardly, showing her teeth. Sana chuckles because dahyun's too cute. 

"Okay." 

So sana sits there, waiting for dahyun and casually not "trying" to distract her with small touches, winks and flying kisses. Making dahyun laugh. She'd get up from her seat sometimes, to get storybooks to read so she could pass time. But none of it got to catch her attention long enough, so she kept walking back and forth from her seat. 

Just right, 6pm. Dahyun smiles because she finally makes it on time and finished revising everything. She was about to start packing her bag but then, "San-" She stops. 

Sana fell asleep while reading her book. She fell asleep on her right arm while her left hand was holding the book. Dahyun laughed sotfly because sana's attention span for books was shorter than she believed. When her laugh went down, she still had that soft smile on her face. And takes the book out of sana's grasp. She looks at the way sana sleeps, looking like an absolute angel. The sun was setting, the light orange beam that comes through the window shines on sana's face. She just can't believe that someone so soft and pure like sana exist. It feels like if she touches with too much force, sana might just disappear into thin air, like it was just her illusion. Letting out a heavy breath, because just by looking at sana, staying still and quiet, makes her feel so calm and all her stress goes away in that moment. 

She reaches to brush sana's strands of fringe away because she wants to look at sana, in the clearest way possible. Then brushing her cheeks with her thumb, lightly and gently. Within a few seconds, she realizes she's moving closer to sana. And no, she doesn't want to back out. Because where else can she find or even have someone like sana?

She moves, and sana's still asleep. Being very careful because she's afraid she might wake sana up. She's already an inch away from those small and cute lips. Not taking a second to think. She kisses sana on the lips softly and stays there for a good three seconds. Until she felt sana's head moved. She slowly backed away as sana's eyes starts to open slowly. 

As she moves away, sana froze but then slowly, reaches out to hold the back of her neck and bringing their forheads closer for a minute, almost touching. Both of them doesn't a word, sana moves a little closer, just to make sure dahyun has the same idea in mind. But dahyun doesn't flinch away, and that's when she knew. 

They kissed again, with sana intiating first. It felt right for dahyun. Sana's lips were soft and sweet, kinda just like what she thought. Dahyun then pushes herself into the kiss, a little harder, which made sana smile into it. Sana finally puts both hands at the back of dahyun's neck. This made dahyun's heart flutter and explode. It was an innocent yet passionate kiss. Tongues grazed a bit and lips coming over each other.

Finally parting for breaths, they opened their eyes. Dahyun smiles first and sana admits its contagious, making her smile too. They shared a sweet smile and a kiss. Dahyun doesn't regret what her heart told her to do, which was to always keep sana by her side and love her. And sana's definitely a charmer, a lucky one. 

That's how their story started. 

 


 

Dahyun groans because she kept trying to do this math question, but only getting it wrong over and over again. She was so close to giving up, but she can't. She came this far to college and she's not gonna waste her parents effort for paying for her tuition fees. Also, knowing that she wanted to go through college, so she could get a great job and give sana a good life. When it comes to imagining a future with sana, she smiles and carries on.  

But after a few minutes of trying the question again, she breaks down. Tears flowing from her eyes while she shuts her eyes. Hands coming up to cover her face. All those thoughts are coming back to her. She just couldn't do it, the answer was wrong again. Not understanding what was wrong, she applied all of the formulas correctly. Her head is spinning around, from getting headaches throughout the entire day. She really doesn't feel good at all. But she doesn't know how to take a break. It's all the stress again, coming back to her. Her heart feels so heavy. Asking herself, why is college so tough?

Just then she hears her door knob click and it opens. She turns around while trying to in her tears and cleaning them away with her jacket sleeve. As the person walks in, noticing those red and teary eyes of the girl sitting down. 

"Dahyunnie!" 

Yup, it's her girlfriend. Sana.

She was carrying a small black backpack, because she was sleeping over tonight, also along with what it seems, dinner for two. Placing everything down on the side and rushing to dahyun. She kneels infront of dahyun and makes her turn around so she was facing her. 

"Dahyun.. w-what's wrong?" She asks. 

But the other just keeps quiet and sniffs a number of times. Her head was down the whole time, she felt so disappointed in herself for acting this way. Sana held her chin and raised it so she could look into dahyun's eyes softly. 

"Are you pressuring yourself again?" From touching her chin, sana thought why does her skin feel so warm. Her brows came together, getting even more worried. She used her hands to touch both of dahyun's cheek then to her forehead. 

"Baby, you're running on a fever. Did you pull an all nighter again last night?" Sana sounded frustrated but she knows she has to be patient. 

Dahyun looked at her as if she doesn't even know that she was running a fever until sana has mentioned it. 

"I don't know.. i-i didn't know. I was so stressed out and tired from finals. And doing this stupid math sum is just driving me nuts. I keep getting it wrong.. " Dahyun explains but her voice started to sound a little hoarse. 

Sana looks at her and sighs heavily, "You do know if you're sick like that, it's gonna be ten times harder for you to deal with your finals right?"

The weaker girl nods in agreement. 

"Dahyun, you worry me all the damn time. Do you know that? Knowing that you've been getting sick like that recently, hurts me. You push yourself too hard. I know you're also trying to build our future together, by doing well. And i love you so so much for that. But if it involves you falling sick like this all the time, i think i'd rather us to rely on my parents fortune." 

Dahyun shakes her head. Sana's parents loves dahyun so much for loving sana so dearly and taking good care of their only daughter. They are very well to do. But dahyun doesn't want their money like that. She's doing this for sana and herself, for the people she loves. 

"You don't want that, right?" Sana took a good look at her. "Before doing well and taking care of me, you have to take very good care of yourself too, you do know that right?" She caresses dahyun's cheek, "I love you, dahyun."

The girl sitting down starts to tear again because the words sana will never fail to advice her and touch her heart in a way that she can never forget. 

"Don't cry anymore, okay?" Sana wipes her tear with her thumb, and smiles. "I made us dinner, i think you'll like it." She took the food she prepared from her side, and pulls another chair to sit beside dahyunn. 

"Did you make ramen for me?" Dahyun tried to bring her playful side back and pouts cutely. But sana just laughs, "What's with you and ramen? You gotta have something different once in awhile, babe." 

Dahyun pouts a little but she accepts whatever sana made. Her cooking has improved significantly, compared to the first time when they started dating, that dayun got food poisoning and landed in the hospital for 2 days. Sana couldn't stop feeling guilty and sorry. From then on, sana tried her best to cook and never let dahyun test it until her mum approves of the taste. Honestly, it took a lot for sana to get her mum to be the guinea pig. 

"Ta-daaaahhhhh" Sana opens the food and the smell amazed dahyun so much. Plus, she could even smell how good it is despite her nose feeling a little blocked from her crying earlier. 

What Sana made for dinner was a healthy japanese bento set for dahyun, along with a seaweed miso soup. 

"You really know how to win my heart with food, sana" 

"Of course, this makes me more irresistable, doesn't it?" She winks at dahyun with a cheeky smile. But dahyun gives it away, so she smiles and nods because who can hide the fact that Sana is such an amazing girlfriend? 

Sana fed dahyun and she can't help but feel so blessed having someone like that in her life. To care for her and make her feel as if everything is gonna be okay. It doesn't take much effort for sana to make her smile. It feels that real and simple. Well, it was love to her. 

 


 

After eating that light yet delicious meal sana made, sana told dahyun to take a shower and finding medicine from the kitchen, that the doctor prescribed for dahyun the last time. She also asked dahyun if she wanted sana to help her in the shower. But dahyun turned red and knowing that sana was teasing her so her girlfriend just let her off and told her to be careful in the shower. 

When the both of them have finally showered, sana waited for dahyun, sitting at the side of the bed and scrolling through social media. Minutes later, dahyun finally gets out of the shower, wearing a yellow checkered loose pants with a black t-shirt. Sana looking up and she starts laughing at how her girlfriend looks. 

"What are you laughing at?" Dahyun feeling a little offended. 

"Nothing, it's just.... i can't believe my girlfriend dresses like an ahjussi who goes to the market everyday." Sana in her lips and covers so she could stop laughing. 

"Well, excuse me for liking the comfort of dressing like that. But i do still look cute okay, no doubt." Dahyun says in a cool manner, while asking sana to move further into the bed so she could sit. 

Sana couldn't be bothered about this sudden "confidence" her girlfriend has right now but she won't complain because she wanted dahyun to be confident in herself everytime. She took the medicine for dahyun to eat at the bed side table and a glass of water. And as obedient as she is, dahyun listens to her girlfriend because her body needs that immediate recovery.  

Sana brought dahyun into her arms as they lay in bed, and dahyun hugs her, bringing the blanket over their bodies.

"Are you feeling any better?" Sana pats dahyun's back lightly, as if she's trying to put dahyun to sleep. 

"Yeah.. emotionally i'm a little better now cause i have you around and physically, the medicine should do the work so.." Dahyun speaks while still laying her head at the crook of sana's neck. 

"Stop thinking about your exams for awhile. Relax your mind now, you have to get better in order to continue your planned studying, understand?" Sana highlighted the word planned, meaning dahyun should start planning her study timings, instead of always pushing herself so harshly. It ticks sana off because dahyun is doing just fine in school. By fine, it means really really well that dahyun is placed in the Top 5 in school. 

"Okay.. i will." They stayed silent for awhile, just enjoying each other's presence.

"Dahyun.." Sana breaks the silence. 

"Mmm?" She hums.

"I want you to know that whatever you do, I believe in you and that it's gonna turn out great. You'll always be good enough for me, your parents and our friends. And i'll always be there at every end of your finishing line." Sana confesses to her. 

Dahyun looks up at her, "Why this sudden confession?" 

"I don't know.. but everytime i'm with you, i can't help but want to tell you how great you are. Because i know you need it. I love you, dahyun. I really do." 

Dahyun smiles so badly at that and all her feelings starts to burn, she feels it in her chest. Her heart will always belong to sana. Why? Because they're Saida. And she's still amazed at how affectionate sana can be. 

While she continues to look at sana, her eyes wandered down to sana's lips and so does sana. Dahyun moves closer and her lips part a little, sana closes her eyes and holds her breath. Their lips connected sweetly and perfectly as sana breaths out into the kiss while cupping the side of dahyun's jaw. 

But with just this kiss, sana breaks it apart, resulting in getting a whine from a pouty dahyun. 

"Uh-uh" Sana sounds as a sign of no. "You're sick and i'm not gonna let you pass it on to me." 

Dahyun looked at her with pitiful eyes. But sana says, "No, you deserve it. Now, you know you shouldn't get sick if you wanna kiss me."  

"Fine.. Can we at least cuddle? You can be the big spoon today, i'm feeling small."

"You're always small, what do you mean?" Sana says it as a matter of fact. 

So dahyun just rolled her eyes playfully, and asking sana to hug her to sleep. They just hugged each other, in the comfort of being pressed against each other and hearing the slow pace of their breathing. Just like that, they feel like its home.  

Then within minutes the younger one falls asleep, so soundly. And sana pushes herself up a little so she could take a look at dahyun's cute sleeping face. 

"She must've been really tired from everything." Sana thought. She looks at dahyun like she's the most precious thing in the world, so she couldn't help but poke dahyun's cheek lightly and smiled. 

"Goodnight dahyun, i love you." She placed a soft kiss at the back of dahyun's shoulder. She never gets tired of saying that. 

 


 

[Another D-Day for dahyun: (Last day) Finals] 

It's finals for dahyun and she's shaking. She really is and it's been awhile since she was this nervous. Even though finals has been going on already, it always feels like the first day. Her palms were sweaty and it feels like her veins in her hands were tingly from all this nervousness. Dahyun was standing outside a few steps away from the examination hall, while waiting for sana to bring her a mini good luck snack during her next break before another paper. Looking at her small watch on her wrist, twenty minutes till her paper begins. 

"Where the heck is she?" She spoke in her mind. 

Until she heard running footsteps on her right. The sight makes the corner of her lips moves upwards, because she sees sana running(and sana hates running). She was wearing black shorts and a white oversized hoodie, with her hair down. She suddenly forgets about her nervousness during those few minutes when she was with sana. That was the power of minatozaki sana to kim dahyun. 

"Hey hey, calm down. This isn't Running Man." She chuckles at how sana was panting right infront of her, trying to pace her breathing. 

"No one's gonna steal your name. Maybe i'll steal your surname and place it with mine, only." Sana can't believe dahyun had the nerve to flirt right now though, she finds it irresistably cute. But she only gives dahyun a playful slap on the shoulder. 

She continues, "I'm sorry i overslept for awhile but here's the snack i made. It's your favourite and you said before this snack gives you a good feeling and a surge of happiness, so i thought that i should make it as a good luck snack for you, since it's the last day too." Sana tried her best to form her sentence and gives dahyun the most genuine smile. Dahyun's brows furrowed because was wondering what snack did her dearest girlfriend made for her, as she forgot what food it was. I mean, every food sana makes for her turns her into a fluffly ball of happy dubu. She slowly opens the lunch box with a red cover. The moment she sees what was inside, she closes her eyes, trying to hold in her laughter. 

Cheese Kimbap. That was what sana made. Dahyun have always loved it from the very first time sana specially made it. Because when both of them were on a school break, dahyun was at sana's house and she decided to make an afternoon snack for dahyun. When sana stood infront of dahyun giving it to her, she decided to be cute and said "Cheese Kimbap" in the cutest way, that dahyun can't even take a moment to say yes or no. The fact that it tastes great and sana give an iconic tone to it, makes dahyun love it even more. 

And dahyun doesn't say anything. She just moves forward and bring sana into a big, warm hug. "Thank you sana.. i-"

Sana pulls away from the hug but her hands were still holding the back of dahyun's upper arm. "Don't say anything anymore. Do well in there okay? I'll be screaming "Go kim dahyun! I love you!" all the way from my home." She reaches to hold the cheeks of dahyun in her hands, and looks into her eyes. And yes, sana loves dahyun's cheeks that much. 

The black haired girl leans forward to only give sana a sweet kiss, that can even set butterflies in both of their stomachs despite being together for 2 years already. 

"All students taking their respective final subjects at 11AM, please be in the examination hall and be seated in 5 minutes." The voice from the school audio announces and makes both of them part. 

"Alright, i think the audio said that my super duper cute and smart girlfriend has to be in the hall already." Sana teases and sighs. 

But dahyun looks at her, just thinking about how time flashes by. All of a sudden she's taking her finals and she'll be free from stress and getting sick from time to time. She'll actually be able to spend time with sana and her best friends without feeling the weight on her shoulders for once. And it's like falling in love with the girl right infront of her, all over again. It has always felt like that, like everything stops and she's teleported into another world. A peaceful one. 

Sana noticing how dahyun is doing that stare again, she smiles and waves her hand infront of dahyun's eyes to snap her out. 

"Thinking again?" 

"Mmm." Dahyun replies and nodding her head. But then sana lets go of dahyun and gently pushes her near to the entrance of the hall. 

"Stop thinking, save it for your papers!" 

Dahyun suddenly made a move which made sana froze for a second. She gave sana a quick peck on the cheek and ran towards the door, then waves. "I'll make you proud!" A big heart shape sign was made by dahyun's arms and she heads in. 

The brunette stands here, knowing how well dahyun's effort was always more than enough. It always is and she loves her for it. 

 


 

[5 months later: Dahyun's graduation]  10AM.

 

Sana looks into her mirror making sure her floral dress was worn nicely and her light make up looked appropriate. Feeling excitement rush over her and yet anxious for dahyun because she's gonna go up on stage. But she just can't simply wait to see dahyun up there.The fact that the girl is gonna get cheers from the crowd. Dahyun may not be very sociable or have a big social circle, but it was obvious enough that she's very well liked by her peers and teachers. But just to mention, Sana also graduated about a year ago because her course was shorter compared to dahyun. So she's been dying to see her girlfriend graduate, knowing that she did so well and made everyone so damn proud of her. She remembers so clearly how busy dahyun was with her school tasks during her graduation period, and yet dahyun was always able to make her schedules work for her. 

It shows a lot, how much dahyun care for her and she can't wait for what's gonna come to them in their future. A smile came up on her lips. 

"Sana! Are you ready?" Her mother's voice caught her a little abit by surprise. 

"Coming!" She responds from her room with closed doors. And she picks up her handbag from her desk and goes off. 

Dahyun told sana to invite her parents over for her graduation. Because dahyun told her that she wants the people who believed in her and made life a little better for her, to be at the graduation.

It's gonna be a good day. 

Sana and her parents managed to find a good spot, but it was also because dahyun managed to get good seats for them. Let's say she has her ways. It was around the middle of the auditorium, from her seat, she knows she's gonna get a good view when dahyun goes up there. 

Everyone is finally seated and settled down by 12pm as the ceremony was starting in about 15 minutes or so. As you know graduations would always start with the long speeches by principals, teachers or student leaders, that was one thing sana obviously wouldn't look forward to. But she would pay attention right now though, she regrets not listening to the speeches when she was graduating. Now she knows how it feels like when she was graduating and her parents was the audience back then. 

After the sappy speeches, there was a video that was being played to end it off. It was a memory video of the seniors who were graduating today. Pictures and small clips of what thet did throughout the whole year, as a batch. Having camps and school activities together. A smile appeared on sana face because it reminded her of the sweet memories when she was with her closest friends, like mina and momo. She felt nostalgic because everything went by like that and life changes. But one thing that didn't was, her relationship with dahyun. 

They've always understood each other despite the busyness that surrounds them. Sometimes when exams are coming up, they would just appreciate each other's presence and focus on studying. The both of them have never actually minded about inviting each other's friend over to join. I mean, yes there'll obviously be times where they want to be alone. But the understanding between them, was a connection that no one could exactly find and i'd say it's rare. Tough times and misunderstandings are inevitable in a relationship, of course. Dahyun was there, she just was. 

With all these going through in sana's mind, she managed to see some pictures and videos of dahyun on screen, with her classmates and along with chaeyoung and tzuyu. She laughs because she saw dahyun dancing goofly, which is rare as dahyun can come of as shy. The song sounded like, "BBA SAE! OH! BBA SAE! OH!". Everyone laughed. From then, she realized how strong dahyun had become as a person, and how much she's grown. Dahyun was someone who was so soft and vulnerable during the worst of times. She puts on a brave front, like to seem hyper and smiley. But on the inside, she can be ball of insecurity and worry.

"And next up is, for one our most improved and top 5 students in our college, KIm Dahyun!", which also made her half of her thoughts get back to reality.

So when dahyun's name was being called, she looks at dahyun from where she is. A teary eyed Sana evolves but she smiles. She was proud. How proud? It fills her heart with love as if it might genuinely burst at this moment. She feels it in her chest, that tingly choked up feeling that surges up. It felt like that.

Dahyun walks up to shake the principal's hand and took her well deserved certificate and award. She then smiles to take a picture by the photographer right below the stage. Moving away she tries to look for someone amongst the crowd. Founding who she wanted to see, the brighter she smiles. And so, sana gave the same one back, while sana felt a hand patting her thigh lightly, comfortingly. She knew it was her mum, because her mum must be as proud too. 

 


 

When everything ended, dahyun managed to get changed. Sana's parents quickly congratulated dahyun right when she met them outside of the school. As they had to travel out of town for a small business issue and they apologized for not being able to have a celebration dinner with her. The relationship with sana's parents have always been rather calm and understanding which is not a flaw at all. So she's very thankful for sana's parents. If you may wonder where's dahyun's parents at, they're still around. But dahyun doesn't like talking about them. 

"Here." Dahyun saw that she was handed a bouquet of flowers. Sana gave it with both of her hands in a shy manner and tight lipped smile. And dahyun took it. 

"This is for me?" She raised both of her eyebrows teasingly. 

"No it's for chaeyoung, i owe her ramen because i've never really treated her to one but i do for you all the time." Sana speaks sarcasticly. So dahyun pretended and tried to turn around and says, 

'Oh alright, since you said th-" 

But sana grabs her wrist and the other turns back, "No you silly! it's for you!" But all dahyun could do was laugh her off because sana seems so triggered. 

"Okay okay calm down, i'm sorry, i was just messing with you. These flowers are absolutely beautiful and fresh. Thank you darling." Dahyun says it in such a cringey manner to mock, that makes sana srunch her nose. But dahayun replaces it with going close to sana's ear and whisper "I love you.". Hence, she'll take whatever dahyun says because she wants dahyun to be on cloud 9 today. 

Then Sana takes both of dahyun's hands to hold and the vibe became a little serious so dahyun looks at her with a little curiosity. "Yeah?"

"You looked great and did great, dahyun. I am very proud of how far you've come and it just got too overwhelming an-" Dahyun comes close and shuts sana up with a kiss right on the lip. And sana shockingly takes it in. Both of them separates for a split second but sana held dahyun's neck and presses her lips onto hers again. Their tongues slightly touched and they both smile after that.

But that made them pull away from each other. "What was that for...?" Dahyun asks. 

"I-i don't know, i guess i couldn't express what i wanted to say so..." Sana drifts her eyes somewhere because she felt a little embarrassed and shy in that moment. 

Dahyun looks at her with alot of unsaid words but she does it admiringly. She wonders what got sana feeling a little soft spoken today and what's going through her head. But she loves it nonetheless. Maybe she could bring out her inner suaveness towards sana to make it better. 

"Hey, chaeyoung and the rest wanted to celebrate our graduation today for dinner. Would that be okay? Mina and momo are coming along too, i heard." Sana looks up at dahyun. "I also heard from jeongyeon that, there's something going on between mina and chaeyoung." Then she cringes. 

"Of course it would be, i wanna see your friends too, i kinda miss them. And don't judge chaeyoung for her choices! she happens to be a good advisor. I'm more than happy if mina and chaeyoung happens." She pouts a little. 

"Okay, let's go then!" Dahyun huffs up her chest, looking adorably goofy and held sana's hands into the direction they're going. 

 


 

The dinner happened to be filled with joyful spirits. You could imagine and feel their carefree souls that's being brought into the area. Everyone is moving into different phases of their lives. The three youngest ones who are fresh grads, could finally enjoy their freedom and few months of holidays. All of them ate well and talked much about their much missed memories. As they say time flies when you're enjoying, it was 4 hours flew by. It was 10pm. 

They all decided that they should get back home and get the sleep that they've been dreaming of, for the longest time. 

And for Dahyun, being with Sana was her dream.