0000

one fine day in dorm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Miraculously, NCT127 did not have any schedule for the day. They have finished their promotion for cherry bomb and thus, they have rather mellow jobs - DJs, MCs, and photoshoots. Mark and Heachan had gone to do their practices for NCT Dream’s comeback. Johnny and Jaehyun were preparing for their NCT night night in their shared room. Yuta and Winwin were watching something on Yuta’s laptop - might be anime.

It is almost noon, Taeil watched as Taeyong making his bed clean. “What are we going to eat for lunch?” he asked. “Aunt Min is not coming today, right?” he said. Aunt Min is their dorm housekeeper.

Taeyong answered, “Looks like we have to make ourself simple lunch.” he then smiled satisfied with his bed making. “I’ll cook something.”

“I’ll help you then.” Taeil offered. Since he can’t really cooked, he might as well help. Plus, cooking for 7 people is a lot of work and he didn’t have anything to do.

“That would be a great help, hyung.”

...

When Taeil and Taeyong were cooking, Jaehyun suddenly appeared. He offered to help as well.

“Oh just in time. Can you make vegetable stir fry?” Taeyong asked as he made soft tofu stew,

Jaehyun giggled. “Okay.” he obeyed.

“Where’s Johnny?” Taeil asked as he cut the carrots.

“He went to Yuta hyung’s room.” Jaehyun answered as he scanned the ingredients on the table. “Where’s cucumber?” he said.

“Oh, Doyoung can’t eat cucumber.” Taeyong answered while his eyes on the boiling stew.

“Ah, I forgot.” Jaehyun said. He then took a frying pan and quickly fried it as all the necessary vegetables already been cut clean by Taeil.

“My art.” Taeil mumbled as he satisfied with his cutting skills.

...

As the chefs were almost finished cooking, Taeil started setting the table. He also quickly typed a message in their chat room, telling everyone to eat. Like a cue, the three foreigners come feeling excited toward the dining table. Yuta then made his way to the fridge and took out cold water to drink while Winwin looked for dried seaweed. Johnny in the other hand tried to help Taeil put rice on their bowls. Jaehyun put his stir fry on the table and so does Taeyong.

Everyone nicely sat to eat but then Taeyong counted heads. “Where’s Doyoung?” he asked.

Jaehyun looked around, finally noticed that indeed Doyoung was missing - everyone did the same thing. “Doyoungie hyung is a big eater, there’s no way he skip lunch.” he said.

“Is he still sleeping?” Taeil then said. “I wonder if he overlook the message?” he added.

Taeyong put down his apron. “I’ll get him.” he said and let the other to eat first. He then made his way to Doyoung and Haechan’s shared room. First, he lightly knock but there was no answer. He then knocked louder and called out Doyoung’s name but still there was still no answer. He felt weird. Taeyong wondered what he should do as he noticed the door was locked when he tried to open it. “Doyoung-ah!”

“Doyoung hyung still hasn’t come out?”

Taeyong was startled when Jaehyun suddenly appeared beside him. ”Oh, Jaehyunie. What are you doing here?” he watched as the younger still munching his food.

“I’m a bit worry.” Jaehyun answered. He then shifted his focus toward the door. “Doyoungie hyung!” he shouted.

Though there was no answer, they heard steps that toward the door, assuming Doyoung was making his way toward the door. Click was heard, and the door was slightly opened. Just slightly.

“Doyoung?” Taeyong raised his eyebrow in confused because Doyoung didn’t seem to open the door fully. “What are you-” but before he could finished his words, Doyoung cut off.

“-I don’t feel well.” Doyoung said with horsed voice. His head felt heavy which the reason he took so long to open the door even when he he already heard Taeyong for the first time. “If Heachan come back, tell him to sleep somewhere else.” he told then and then closed the door immediately before both of them could even replied. “Oh my head...” he mumbled as he slowly made his way to his bed.

...

Both Taeyong and Jaehyun were dumbfool by respond they got from Doyoung. However, it did registered to their head that Doyoung was sick.

Taeyong then knocked the door again and said, “I’ll made some porridge to eat so that you can eat medicine. You haven’t take any right?” though he didn’t get any reply, Taeyong knew that Doyoung heard him. He can feel it. He then looked at the younger beside him who looked so worry.

Taeyong then put his arm over Jaehyun’s shoulder and dragged him to the dining table since they haven’t finished eating yet. “Let’s eat.” he said. “Don’t worry, Doyoung will be fine.” he added.

...

Johnny was washing the dishes that had been piled up nicely by the members that had finished eating. Although he dislike washing dishes (who even liked doing those chores?) he still have some common senses, since he didn’t help anything with lunch. He would at least offered to wash. Taeil in the other hand was just looking at Johnny while drinking. Not sure why he was doing that but, he just stared at Johnny who was doing the dishes.

Yuta was still eating while Winwin who sat beside Yuta was eating banana. Yuta noticed Taeyong and Jaehyun had back but did not see his other comrade. “Where’s Doyoung?” he asked, eyeing Taeyong who forced Jaehyun to sit.

“Doyoung is sick.” Taeyong answered. He then sat on his supposed seat.

Everyone - obviously excluded Jaehyun - stopped on what they were doing. Johnny who was the most warm hearted person asked in concern. “Is he gonna be okay?”

Taeyong took his chopstick and answered, “He will be fine, I think its a cold.”

“Then, he can’t eat this.” Yuta said, pointing toward the meals that were left for Doyoung, Taeyong and Jaehyun. He smiled, thinking he could eat some more.

Winwin rolled his eyes as he munched the last bit piece of the banana. “How inconsiderate.” he commented.

Yuta sheepish smiled at Winwin who obviously annoyed. “I was just joking.”

“Like yeah,” Winwin replied. “As if I don’t know you.”

“Guys, guys.” Taeyong tried to calm down both of them. “Yuta, you can just eat. Its true Doyoung can’t eat it anyway.” he said. “I’ll kindly made him a porridge later.”

Taeil put down his empty mug and hand it over to Johnny who looked at him in clueless. “Wash it.” he mouthed.

“Huh?” Johnny bewildered, looking puzzled but he still took the mug. It was when Taeil mouthed the words, he realized. He was about to say something but words swallowed when Taeil suddenly said.

“I’ll prepare the rice since making porridge take a long time.” Taeil offered himself. He may not a good cook but simple dish, he could at least make it.

Johnny continued on washing the little bit of dishes and the mug. “I’ll go check up on Doyoung after this, to see how he is feeling.”

Taeyong’s shoulder relaxed. He was thinking on eating fast since he had to make food for the sick bunny. He was thankful for Taeil and Johnny - and maybe Yuta for finishing the food. He could at least eat in ease.

...

Taeyong had finished making nice warm porridge. He took the tray of the bowl of porridge, medicine prepared by Jaehyun and a glass of water. Johnny had checked on Doyoung and told him about the condition. It does seem like its not only a cold but the bunny might pick up a fever since the body was feeling hot.

Taeyong entered the room and put the tray on a small table beside the bed. He noticed that there was a bowl of water with towel on the edge. He watched how Doyoung was breathing heavily, sleeping. He didn’t want to disturb but he had no choice. “Yah,” he shook Doyoung’s shoulder to wake up the younger.

Doyoung stirred up by the sudden movement. He groaned as he felt his head buzzing. He carefully opened his eyes and noticed Taeyong was right beside him. “What?” he asked, annoyed.

Taeyong gestured the younger to sit up. “Let’s eat.”

“Ah, don’t wanna.” Doyoung suddenly whined like a child. He didn’t feel like eating at all.

Taeyong let out a sigh. This is going to be tough. “Nope, you have to eat Doyoung.” he glared, with his hand already grabbing the bowl of porridge. “Listen to me while I’m being nice here.” he said.

Doyoung had no choice but to obey. He didn’t have any energy left to argue. He sat up and faced the older. He was about to take the bowl from Taeyong when the older suddenly said.

“What are you doing?”

Doyoung with his heavy headache, looked at Taeyong in puzzled. “What=, I’m taking the bowl to eat, duh.”

Taeyong smirked. “No you don’t.”

Doyoung sighed. “What is it?” he said, feeling his sore throat. “I don’t have the energy to play with you.” he said, noticed the smirk that the older gave. “Give me or I’ll sleep.”

“Ah,” Taeyong said as he tried to feed the younger. The spoon of porridge stop right in front of Doyoung’s mouth.

“What are you doing?” Doyoung said, stunned by the sudden behaviour from the older. “I can eat by myself, thank you-” he tried to take the bowl but failed to do so since he has a weak strength at the moment.

“Come on, ahhh~” Taeyong continued on as he successfully protected the bowl.

What the- Doyoung wondered what had gone wrong with Taeyong or maybe that he was so sick that he can’t differentiate reality and dream. “Is this a dream-”

Taeyong shoved the food into Doyoung’s mouth when the latter opened to say something. “Quit talking and just eat.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter