Chapter 1

It's A Date

"Night!"
You waved at your friends before heading in the opposite direction from the restaurant. The streetlamps illuminated the sidewalk and as you walked down it, you were acutely aware of the only other person walking with you.
"Nice night." you commented, hoping to drag the male in to conversation.
Himchan glanced up at the cloudless sky. "Yeah." Then he was silent again.
You pressed your lips together. This was what usually happened. Even just moments ago when you were eating dinner at the restaurant. You managed to seat yourself next to him, but he kept showing more interest in talking with everyone else at the table than you.
Peering over at him, you watched as he stared straight ahead. His hair was neatly combed in to place, looking so soft. If only you could run your hands through it.
Suddenly he turned his head to look at you and you quickly looked away.
"Hey, you remember when the party is?" he asked.
You racked your brain for a few moments before remembering one of your friend's mentioning an upcoming birthday party. "It's not for another couple of weeks."
"Ah ok. Thought maybe it was this weekend." he said while nodding.
"Nope." you replied. "It's definitely the weekend after."
He chuckled and flashed you a bright smile. "Glad you can remember this stuff."
You laughed and playfully nudged him. "Whatever. You normally have to remind me."
He pursed his lips thoughtfully. "Hmmm... true. You are very forgetful."
You let out an exaggerated gasp of shock before laughing again. It was the truth after all, which caused your curiosity to be piqued. "So why the sudden turn around?"
"Just been having a lot on my mind I guess." stated Himchan with a shrug of his shoulders.
Worry bloomed in your chest and without thinking, you reached out to grab his arm. "You want to talk about it?"
He shook his head, smiling reassuringly at you. "Nah, I'm fine."
You forced herself to let go of him despite wanting to slip your hand downwards to hold his hand. "Okay but if you ever need to talk, I'm always here for you." As soon as you said those words, you could feel yourself blushing. You meant every word though so you had no regrets.
He blinked at you for a bit and then a warm smile formed on his face. "Yeah. Thanks."
The worry in your chest gave way to a rush of emotions. A crazy idea came to you and you toyed around with the possibility. You snuck another peek at him, and you knew you needed to do something. Something more.
"Hey, listen. There's.."
"Whoa!" Himchan exclaimed, interrupting you, as he came to an abrupt stop.
You stopped walking as well and followed his gaze to a movie poster. It was for a new movie that would be released on the coming weekend.
"I didn't know it was going to come out so soon." the man continued. "I've been wanting to watch it since I saw the preview a few weeks ago."
There was only a second of hesitation before you turned to face him. "Do you want to see it with me?"
His eyebrows raised in surprise. "What? Really?"
"Yeah." you answered as you suddenly started feeling nervous. You your lips and took a deep breath. "How about Saturday night?"
He regarded you for a bit before finally smiling. "Yeah, sure."
"Really?" You stared at him in disbelief. Did he just say yes??
Chuckling, he nodded. "Yeah, really."
You couldn't help but chuckle as well and smiled happily. "Okay, yeah. Great."
The two of you started walking again in silence. You didn't try to talk to him this time. It was like your tongue was tied in a knot. You were so overcome with giddiness. This couldn't have worked out better. Well, maybe if he would have gotten a clue so he was the one that was asking you, but it still worked out.
At that moment, his phone started ringing and he dug it out of his pocket. "Hello." he answered before saying, "I'm walking home now. Oh hey!" He briefly turned to smile at you before looking away. "What are you doing Saturday night?"
It was like someone punched you in the gut. You listened as he informed the caller about the two of you going to the movies and how they should come along. As well as a couple other people. Then you were staring at his retreating back, willing yourself to breathe through the pain in your chest.
"Hey, something wrong?"
It took you a moment to realize he had stopped walking as well, and that he was talking to you. "Uh... no." you muttered. You feet felt heavy as you closed the distance to him. He continued on with his conversation, obviously unaware of your mood change. Just like every other single time you had tried to get him to notice you.
You picked up the pace and pulled away from him, wanting to put as much distance between you two as possible.
"Hey! What.."
"I forgot something!" you yelled back at him without slowing. "I'll see you later!"
You didn't slow down until you reached your apartment. After closing the door, you slumped down on the floor and tried to catch your breath. It seemed impossible though as tears welled up in your eyes.
You grabbed your phone and found your friend's number before hitting the call button. You listened to it ring a few times until she answered.
"Hey, what's up?" she asked.
You squeezed your eyes shut as you tried to erase Himchan from your mind. "Can you come over for a bit?"

You surveyed the coffee table, which was mostly covered in take-out containers and empty beer bottles. It took a while for you to spot your phone and then you reached for it, knocking over a bottle in the process. You fumbled with it before bringing it closer to check the time. It was 2:00am.
"Look, just forget about the loser."
You looked up at your friend sitting across the table from you on the floor.
"You don't want to be with a guy like that." she continued. "You'll feel like you're not even dating."
A surge of emotion washed over you. Sadness, heartache. Anger and pain. You wanted to believe what she was saying but you had your doubts. Himchan may be oblivious to your crush on him, yet that didn't make him a bad person. He was the opposite. Always caring and attentive. It would be easier to believe that he never picked up on your hints because he wasn't interested in you like that.
Which kept bringing you back to the fact that you had asked him out on a date, and he decided to make it a group outing instead. He should have told you flat out that he wasn't interested. Been a man and told you straight. But no, he had to be a coward. Except he wasn't like that either.
You let out a pitiful sigh before taking in a deep breath and feeling you heart beating faster. "I'm gonna call him."
"Wait, what??"
Squinting at the phone, you scrolled through your contacts until you found his name. "I'm gonna call him and tell him everything."
"Oh ." Then she hurriedly grabbed another beer and twisted the top off. She took a drink and then got comfortable. "Okay, ready."
You hit the button and brought the phone up to your ear. It kept ringing, making you wonder if he would answer, only to hear the voicemail pick up. His message played before a loud beep signaled that it was recording.
"Himchan." you began. "You... you... are a ing idiot!"
Your friend loudly gasped but you ignored her.
"Just a complete ing moron! Like how can you be so ing stupid?!"
You felt your friend attempting to take the phone and you batted at her hands. You stumbled to your feet to get away from her.
"I didn't ask you to the ing movies so you can invite half the damn city! I was asking you on a ing date. A ddaattteeee. D-A-T-E. Date, you stupid, son of a ."
"Oh she's crashing and burning." your friend lamented.
"But you just had to be too damn, ing stupid to get that through your ing head. So you ! you and you perfect ing hair, and your pretty ing eyes, and your ing... your ing... everything. Just you! Kim, ing, Himchan. Kim ."
Suddenly the call ended and you glared at you offending device in your hand. "I wasn't done yet." Before you could redial though, your phone was yanked out of your grasp.
"I think he gets the idea." your friend said as she pocketed your phone.
You pouted, wanting to give him another piece of your mind. It would have to wait til morning though as you shuffled back to the coffee table for another drink.

A noise pierced through your brain, stirring you awake. You groaned as you moved your hand around your bed until you found the source of the disturbance. Picking up your phone, you sat up and looked at the screen. Himchan was calling.
"Why is..." Your gasped as your eyes widened. "Oh !"
The ringing stop as the call went to voicemail. That's when you noticed you had several other missed calls as well, and a text message. All from Himchan.
You held your breath and opened the message, scared of what you would see. All it was though were three simple words that carried a lot of meaning. 'Answer your phone.'
Suddenly it started ringing again, causing you to jump and almost drop it. You stared at Himchan's name before quickly shoving your phone under the pillow.
"Nope, nope." you uttered as you got out of bed and walked out of the room.
You waited for about an hour, hoping that would discourage him from calling you, and then went back in to your bedroom. It was quiet so you retrieved your phone from it's hiding spot. He had called you another three times, but just as you hoped, they were all from earlier.
With a heavy sigh, you walked to the leaving room and dropped down on the couch. You set your phone on the still cluttered coffee table and stared at it while you wondered what to do. How could you get out of this? It's not like you could really avoid him, though you could certainly try.
At that moment, your phone started ringing. You sat frozen in place for a few moments before leaning forward to look at the screen better. Then you closed your eyes and whined. He wasn't going to let this go.
The phone stopped ringing and after a couple of seconds, the text message chime rang out. And then again. And again. Grabbing your phone, your eyes widened in horror as you read the messages.
'I heard your phone. Open the door.'
'I'm not leaving till you talk to me.'
'I'll stay out here all night.'

A loud knock on the front door startled you and you dropped your phone. He was here, at your apartment.
"Oh no, no, no." you whimpered and buried your head in your hands.
When your phone began to ring once more, you didn't even bother looking at it. Instead, you stood up and forced your feet to carry you to the door. You took a deep breath, steeling yourself, and then slowly opened it.
You met Himchan's gaze, feeling your resolve weaken. "Uh... I..."
Without warning, he pushed his way in to your apartment. You stumbled backwards, trying to keep some distance between the two of you. He obviously didn't have the same idea though as he closed the door behind him and advanced towards you.
The back of your legs hit the edge of the coffee table, forcing your to halt your retreat. He stopped right in front of you, his eyes giving you a piercing look that made your heart sink in to your stomach. You waited for him to say something but he remained silent. Then you completely broke down as you looked away from him.
"Okay, about last night. I...I just... See I was drinking and..." You indicated the dirty table and then stared down at your feet. "And I'm... I'm... sorry."
You held your breath and waited, dreading what he was going to say. He couldn't be too bad, right? He was a nice guy. He'd let you down easy. Maybe yell a little because of your verbal assault but that's it. Except he never said a word.
Lifting your head, you briefly met his steady gaze and felt your face heat up as you blushed. You swiftly looked back down, wanting him to get it over with already. What you didn't expect was for him to cup your face with his hands and force you to look back at him. You had just enough time to gasp before he crashed his lips in to yours.
You stood frozen in place as he kissed you, your mind reeling over what was happening. Then he pulled back and chuckled at your expression.
"Why didn't you just answer your phone?" he asked before kissing you again.
You reached up with your hands to grab his arms, latching onto something to anchor yourself against the whirlwind of emotions building up inside you. The taste of his soft lips was certainly not helping either, and when he broke off this kiss, you gasped for air.
"I'm the one that should be sorry." One of this thumbs lightly rubbed your cheek. "I knew there was something special right in front of me, I just never noticed that I could have it."
Your mouth dropped open in disbelief. "Wait, what??"
He chuckled again while smiling. "I really am an idiot. And I am so, so sorry for hurting you." He let go of your face to hold your hands. "I would really like it if you went to the movies with me. Just the two of us and no one else."
Blinking at him, you gave a small shake of your head to collect yourself. "Really?"
"Yes, really." He lifted your hands up and gently gave each one a kiss. "I do have two conditions though."
"What?" you questioned as your heart skipped a beat.
"One; no more beating around the bush. Be completely straightforward and honest with me. If you want something, just say it."
You snorted as you attempted to stop yourself from laughing. Nodding your head, you replied, "Yeah I think that would be for the best."
"Me too." he agreed. "And secondly, please don't ever swear at me like that again."
Your face fell and then you squeezed your eyes shut. "Ohhh I am so sorry." you groaned and tried to get away from him.
Instead, he pulled you closer and wrapped his arms around you in a hug. "I mean, it was pretty cute but I think if my mom heard that, she'd faint. You could probably make a sailor blush."
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have. I just... Oh my god I'm so sorry." You pressed your face in to him to hide but it was short lived as he pushed you back slightly to look you in the eyes.
"It's fine." he assured you. Then he gave you a quick peck on the lips. "Saturday night still good?"
A shy, but happy, smile formed on your face. "Absolutely."
He smiled as well. "Then it's a date."