Chapter One

In Your Voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The restaurant's atmosphere was pleasant ~ it smelled of vaguely of flowers ~ and the overhead lights were dimmed so that Wonshik and the rest of VIXX were dunked in soft edges. Smiling to no one in particular ~ Wonshik gripped his drink tighter ~ already starting to feel a bit tipsy. He’d always been kind of a lightweight ~ which didn't align with the image Jellyfish Entertainment wanted him to project. He chuckled about that for a moment and then downed another sip of his drink. They didn’t have schedules the following day, anyways.  

For a long while they all laughed and drank ~ Hyuk whining about how their break wasn’t nearly long enough ~  and getting a enthusiastic chorus of agreement from the other members. Wonshik chuckled as their manager sputtered his way through some half excuse ~ in an attempt to keep himself from being murdered by drunk idols.

As the night came to a close ~ and early morning approached ~ a pricking abruptly hit him. Moments before ~ he'd been laughing at something s̶t̶u̶p̶i̶d̶ that Jaehwan had said. But the prickling swiftly caused his amused expression to contort into discomfort. Hongbin sent him a concerned look,  but Wonshik just shook his head,  mouthing ~ "I'm fine. "

Hakyeon's boisterous laughter burst through their silent communication. 

“Wonshik clearly has had enough to drink" ~ he snorted. 

“We all know it takes like a shot of Soju to get him tipsy” ~ Hyuk so graciously added. 

“You really don’t sound very sober either.” 

“Pfft ~ Binne ~ I’m absolutely sober.” 

“I’m sure.” 

Wonshik had stopped paying much attention to the conversation at hand ~ normally he’d vehemently refute all of those highly insulting f̶a̶c̶t̶s̶ claims ~ however for reasons unknown ~ his heartbeat had started to tremor. He wondered if it was belated nerves from their earlier performance ~ or adrenaline that hadn’t quite been used up.  

He took a deep breath ~ like the ones he used

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter