One

Hunt For Stew

Key was scrolling through his IG and reading any new comments, after seeing a sea of ‘I love you’s’ and hearts, he stumbled upon a one he couldn't really understand. What did that person mean? And what the hell was that ID name?

"Key~ Where is my stew?!" Staring at it for a while, he dug through his memory before it clicked.

"Ah, right~!" He exclaimed loudly, hitting his thigh. Some time ago, he posted a photo with a stew he made and captioned it 'who wants my stew'. But that was almost a month ago… Dismissing it soon enough, he continued reading the comments with a smile on his face. However, whenever he came across another one, and another, AND yet another one of the stew comments, his eyes sliding onto the username, noticing it was always the same person who did. Not counting the ones under that stew post, it was only one ID the whole time with one or two here and there.

"I'm waiting~ The stew~!"

"The stew, where is it~!"

"How long do I have to wait for my stew~?"

"Key, it has already been WEEKS~ Where's the stew~?"

"My stew~ Where are you~? I'm hungry~!"

Stew, stew, stew and more stew, what was this person's deal? What was that obsession over HIS stew? Damn it!

But it was kind of cute despite the annoyingness at first… Key continued with looking through his fans' comments, his eyes unconsciously looking for that certain ID which always got him, smiling at that person's antics, each comment different from the previous, wanting stew being the only resemblance.

•◘◘•

Taemin was once again looking through that guy's IG and leaving his marks there as he waited for the other's stew that he'd never get.

"I'll do anything if you give me your stew~ ;)" As he foolishly grinned, his friend next to him was shaking his head.

"Tae, you're still going on about that stew?" He said as he sighed, not understanding his friend's obsession about that damned stew. Did he want to eat his stew that much?

"Hmhm, why shouldn't I?" Taemin's eyes twinkled as he turned to his best friend. Onew saw his eyes and quietly shook his head as he thought, just do whatever you want. Taemin returned to his stew demanding, grinning as he imagined eating it, his mouth drooling a little.

"You're drooling, Tae…" Onew reprimanded as the other looked at him, eyes questioning as his hand moved to his lips, wiping the drool away. Onew watched the foolish boy as he bent his head and dazedly stared at the drool on his hand before laughing at himself.

"I really must crave it." Onew ignored him and returned to reading his book on jokes, trying to learn everything that made him laugh and searching for inspiration to think of new ones on his own.

•◘◘•

Key now anticipated that person's stew obsessed comments, so he tried to check every day and his disappointment couldn't be greater when there weren't any new ones. The days there were, though, he was smiling ear to ear for quite some time, earning the questioning gazes of his friends. They didn't speak about it, he has always been a little weird and random so after the starting days when they bombarded him with questions left and right, they chose to silently accept his weird moods.

Since that person hasn't commented for some time now, it needed drastic measures, so he decided to make stew for some of his friends.

When Minho and Jonghyun got the call, they were bewildered. Key was making stew for them AND willingly?

Although skeptical, they accepted and were now sitting in the blonde's living room, waiting for the cooking to be done.

"What's with him now?" Jonghyun asked the taller, who just shrugged his shoulders, turning back to the TV where somebody was roasting a guest. Laughing loudly at the images and voices from the program, he leaned onto the leather sofa.

"Crushing?" Minho stated, finding the TV person hilarious, his words mimicking theirs, his lips upturned into a teasing grin. Jonghyun ignored his friend's non-helpful state as his eyes followed into the kitchen's direction where Key was preparing dinner for the three of them.

Drifting into deep thoughts, the TV sounds drifting from his ears and the surroundings turning silent, he pondered for a while. Despite Minho's obvious lack of interest in Key's affairs, the taller's statement was plausible, but before he could dive into the what-ifs more, Key's voice woke him up.

"It's done!" The stylish male called as he set up the table. Minho and Jonghyun immediately moving to sit down and dig into the meal.

"WAIT!" Scaring the two mindless, Key roared. Minho stopped midway about to scoop the stew into his plate, and Jonghyun was so startled he almost dropped his plate.

"Why?" Minho asked as he craned his neck, afraid they would be kicked out before even tasting the dish. Jonghyun only silently watched, his eyes drifting between the two.

"I have to take a photo." The blonde stated matter-of-factly as Minho sat back, relieved sigh escaping him. Key meticulously took the picture, posting it on IG with the caption 'Made stew for my friends :)' and put the phone on the table.

"Okay to eat now?" Jonghyun asked after a moment of silence, earning a quiet nod from the apartment owner. Minho finally could scoop the stew into his plate and savor the great taste of his friend's cooking. Jonghyun followed suit and appreciated the rare opportunity of Key being kind and making them food.

"This is so great!" Minho managed to spit out from between mouthfuls and the shortest male among them wordlessly agreed, his eyes not leaving his plate as he gulped down the food, savoring each bite. Key didn't pay them much attention, only humming at Minho's words, as he impatiently checked the comments under his new post, searching for that one ID. As he passed each one and the ID nowhere in sight, his mood slightly darkened and he let out a grumpy sigh.

Minho soon noticed the different atmosphere and looked at the blonde from the corner of his eyes, his hands not stopping in their movements.

"What's wrong?" Minho managed to say as he finished chewing, "Someone said your style ?"

"YOUR style , dickhead!" Key growled, laser for eyes. The brunette shrugged and quickly dived for another bite, not taking any chances. Jonghyun finally looked up from his meal at his friends, shaking his head and going back to eating.

"Ugh, you're such a-" Key didn't finish saying as his eyes landed on that familiar name, instantly brightening up and reading what they wrote.

"Why am I not thereeee?!! Cryyyy T_T"

The blonde chuckled, Minho and Jonghyun looking at each other before turning to Key, question marks for pupils. That change was too sudden and abrupt for them to comprehend it, turning back to stare at each other.

"Uhh, did they take it back?" Minho uttered in an attempt to tease, only being left shocked speechless.

"Nooo~ You joker~" Laughing silly while answering the tallest, Key's eyes never moving from his phone screen, "Eat, eat~ There's a lot~"

The two confused males decided to just return to eating silently, their hearts too weak for the blonde’s changes in mood as if he was changing socks.

•◘◘•

"Key, I'm sorry I couldn't come last time," Onew apologized as he sat in the passenger seat, "I was busy."

"It's fine, the others came." The blond replied as he started the engine, the car slowly moving.

"Yeah? What did you do?" Onew buckled up and questioned the other.

"I cooked stew and we had dinner. Nothing much really." Onew nodded, but his mind drifted off to Taemin at the mention of stew.

"Stew?" He sighed tiredly, every time he met the other it was all stew here and there. His obsession was driving him crazy and now even Key's talking about it, will he never get rest from that evil word?

"Yeah, what about it?" Key glanced at him, his eyes checking the front all the time.

"Nothing much, just that my other friend was going on how this one guy made a stew for his friends and not him, and he won't shut up about it." Onew sighed again, adding, "It's driving me nuts."

Key focused on driving so he just nodded, "Really?"

"Yeah. He's always commenting on his posts like a maniac," he added shaking his head, "is he that hungry for his stew I wonder sometimes."

Key hummed to show he listened to everything the other said before his brain finally brightened.

"What?! Wait, on IG?!" His head turning in Onew's direction, quickly realizing he was driving and turning back to the front. The other's eyes widening in surprise at his friend's outburst before nodding.

"Yeah." The blonde's eyes sparkled as he hummed.

"You didn't check the account?" Onew agreeing wordlessly, still confused what the other meant, "Hmhm, his ID, do you know it?"

"Stewhunter apparently…?" The male in the passenger seat said uncertainly.

"Really?!!" Key almost shouted and Onew jumped a little in his seat from the start. Giving the blonde questioning eyes, Onew turned his head to the driver's side.

"What about it?"

"Ah, just someone on my IG was doing the exact same," Key uttered with a slight smile on his lips as he focused on the road, "and with the same ID, too."

"Really?" Onew asked surprised, "Don't tell me it's Taemin…"

"Taemin?" Glancing at the passenger seat, Key asked.

"Yeah, his name is Taemin," Onew responded, "God, if it's really your IG, I'm…"

"Haha, check and you're both invited to my house~," The blonde said in a good mood, anticipating already, "I'll cook stew for you, let's surprise him."

Onew hummed, seriously pondering over his friends' actions, slightly thrilled to see Taemin's glee when he finally gets the stew.

"Good, haha." Now his days will finally find some peace from Taemin's stew obsession, he thought as he couldn't be any happier if his friend really is stalking the blonde.

•◘◘•

"Key, why won't you give me my stew?! *_*"

Taemin wrote and sighed, he even made it again for his friends, when will he get a taste of it. Crying and complaining in his heart, Onew's words pulled him from his daydreaming.

"By the way, whose IG is it?" Taemin looked at him, suspicious of the other. Why ask only now? But he didn't give it more thought, soon forgetting, and replied.

"Key's. Here." Giving the other his phone and showing him the IG account he followed closely, not admitting he had a slight crush on the guy.

Onew nodded and hummed as he looked through it, his lips slightly curling up. However, he managed to look indifferent as he tried to make the other not suspicious.

"Hmm, there's this one friend of mine and he invited us to his house saying he'll cook us stew," Onew mentioned carefully as he gave the other's phone back. Taemin looked at him, his eyes turning to question marks once again.

"Why?"

"Ah, just…" Onew stalled thinking for a bit, "We talked, and I mentioned you're obsessed about some guy's stew recently, so he invited you along since he's cooking it."

"Ah, okay…" Taemin wasn't one to socialize much outside his circle of friends but since he was craving home-made stew, he may as well tag along with his friend.

"When?" Onew was little surprised with how easily the other agreed when he was asked.

"… Thursday." He replied after some time, Taemin, not noticing anything much out of the ordinary, nodded.

"Okay, I'll make time then." Slightly anticipating, he skipped as he went to order.

•◘◘•

Taemin was nervous as they stood before, the alien to him, apartment door, Onew ringing the bell before the door finally opened to reveal a tall handsome man.

"Hey, man!" He smiled to Onew before his eyes landed on the other guy. He nodded in greeting to Taemin, still smiling.

"Hi, Minho!" Onew exclaimed, happy to see his friend in a long while. Then he introduced the two.

"Hello." Taemin nodded shyly.

"Hi, Taemin!" Minho grinned, "Come on in!" And moved out of the entrance, letting the guests go inside.

"That's Jonghyun." He pointed to the short male on the sofa as he nodded in greeting, grinning, "This is Taemin!"

"Hello." Shyly saying when he came near and nodding.

"Hi!" Grinning, Jonghyun turned to the other, "Hi, Onew, man! It's been a while!" As he gave his friend a bear hug. Onew chuckled, returning the hug and greeting him back. Taemin awkwardly standing on the side, feet shuffling and his head down, eyes admiring the floor.

"Guys, it's done!" Came voice from the kitchen, all four eyes looking in its direction. Taemin almost collapsing when that familiar figure walked with a pot in his hands.

"Key??!" Shocked, he shouted. Onew chuckled fully satisfied the surprise was successful as he saw the other's confused eyes. Not like Minho and Jonghyun were any better off, they had NO clue what the hell was going on, their eyes going from Taemin to Key, Onew, and back.

Taemin still had his mouth open, his jaw starting to hurt a bit. Stupefied, his wide eyes never left Key, mouth agape, his brain turning and believing this is all just a dream. Key's lips were slightly turned upwards as he served calmly, before turning in the younger's direction, smiling widely.

"Didn't you want my stew?" He said as they made eye-contact, Taemin's mind having a hard time comprehending what was exactly happening.

"Taemin," Key started, the mentioned male collapsing on the sofa, weak in the knees, "I made stew especially for you~."

Taemin pinched himself to make sure this is the reality, and with a silent hiss, he turned to Onew as he stared with inquiring big eyes, his skin burning red for various different reasons.

"Tae, this is the one you stalk on IG, Key, and he's also one of my friends," Onew said, basically exposing him to these people he just met. Taemin was confused if he should get angry at him or be ecstatic he can eat Key's stew for real… Confused, he just got redder and decided to be mute for now.

The two outsiders decided to shut up for now also and ask Onew later about what's the deal here, getting a little idea from the bit before, and headed silently to the dining hall, hungry.

"Come on, let's eat~!" Key called while sitting down after he took yet another picture, deciding to post it later.

Onew helped the lithe and red male from the sofa and they went to sit, Onew taking the seat in the middle of the tall and short males, leaving Taemin with the one next to Key as he stared daggers at Onew for throwing him straight into the hot pot. With no choice, he sat down, only for Key to take his plate and serve him. Flustered that his idol (and crush but he's in denial) served the lowly him, he didn't know what to do and how to react, leaving him to only dumbly thank the other. Taemin, in his mind, was battling over what to say, but nothing ever left his mouth and at this moment he felt like the most idiotic and awkward potato ever existing, wanting to disappear from this place and forget it had ever happened.

Onew, Minho and Jonghyun started chatting even before the meal had been fully served, and ignored the existence of Key and Taemin, knowing better than to disturb their friend's good mood, they weren't that blind, mind you.

Taemin felt like suffocating as the other kept staring at him, he really wanted to enjoy the food, but he couldn't even take one bite before Key started talking to him.

"How is it?"

"… Wait…" Taemin managed, eyes staring into his plate before he dove into the stew he had longed so long for, not wanting to be dishonest. Key was still smiley and happily watching the younger male eat his food. When Taemin started eating, he got so absorbed into it he forgot there was someone around, humming and gulping the food down delighted, finding his idol's cooking very delicious.

"This is sooo goood?!" He exclaimed, tears almost escaping him, as he his lips, before getting again absorbed in eating silently with only humms escaping him. The blonde watched him eat so deliciously, unknowing to himself, eyes affectionate.

"Is it good?" Taemin nodded, sparkling eyes turning to Key.

"It's great, Key!" Before he could catch himself, this escaped the younger's lips, his whole persona burning from embarrassment. He, as quickly as he could, lowered his head and focused on eating, ignoring his surroundings. The blonde was surprised at first, but he soon chuckled, finding the other indescribably cute and lovable as he showed the stew he personally made into his mouth, cheeks red and plump as he chewed.

Key didn't know what possessed him as he reached his hand and squished the younger's cheek, both freezing and Taemin stupidly looked at the blonde, mouth full of food. They stayed in that position for a while as they stupidly stared at each other, before Key withdrew and both turned away, red as a tomato.

The meal proceeded in silence after that, an awkward air hung around the two main characters while the other three ignored they were there and conversed as they gobbled down the stew Key's made.

The dinner passed in this fashion and it was time to leave. Taemin having mixed feelings about it, on one hand, he was relieved that the awkwardness is over but also quite unwilling to part with his idol with no promise of meeting again.

Key seemed to have similar thoughts as he reluctantly spoke, cheeks slightly pink, "Let's go on a date sometime soon, Taemin?"

Taemin got red up to his ears hearing his idol propose a date to him and was speechless for a while, too stunned to react any other way. Key stood there all fidgety, afraid the other would reject his invitation, something he didn't think about when he suggested the meeting.

Onew saw this and couldn't help but nudge Taemin, who finally came to his senses before becoming a sputtering mess. The blonde couldn't than to ease a little and lift his lips in a slight smile, still a bit nervous.

Onew had enough of his mess of a friend and rolled his eyes before he turned to Key, "Translation: He's so happy he could burst right now, so it's a big, fat yes to the date."

Taemin froze, his face burning with embarrassment before he glared at Onew, who was already half-way outside, minding his own business. Key was stunned for a bit before he burst into laughter, eyes tearing a little, his nervousness fading like a smoke.

"Don't listen to him," the brunette muttered, pouting, "but he was right that it's a yes…"

"That's a relief, so let's meet later, you probably should catch him." The blonde said with a smile in his voice as Taemin quickly scurried off after bidding him goodbye.

"Such a cute guy~" And he went to do the dishes in a good mood, looking forward to his date.