After All These Years

After All These Years

"It's been two years, nice to see you again." 

Jisoo spoke to the figure in front of her. There are people pacing around them. Some are walking while others are catching their flights. The place was really a neutral spot. It could be where people find their happiness coming back or a place where their hearts ache with all these farewells in their minds. For Jisoo, it's both. She was happy. She really was. After all, the woman she loved for five years up to now was right in front of her eyes, reachable. But there's a wound in her heart, knowing that seeing her is not, would never be enough. 

They were standing in front of each other. The woman she loves had huge bags on her shoulders. She could see the weariness in her eyes but she still looked good, after all these years. 

"Hey, you're looking well, unnie." 

Hearing those words ached. Looking well? She was definitely not well. There were tears hidden by a sweet smile on her face. There was sadness that she hoped the other girl would not be able to see. After all these years, she could've forgotten all about her. 

Her career entertained her. She became one of the top models in the world, strutting perfectly on the runway. She knew, of course she knew how amazing she is. She was always watching. She was always waiting for the moment that her phone will blew up with notifications coming from her but nothing came. 

"You're not so bad yourself, Lisa." 

The model nodded and gave Jisoo a smile in which the older didn't know if it was genuine. Yes, her lips curved into a smile but her eyes did not show the same. Is it because she was tired from the flight? Recently, Lisa was flying country to country to show her walk to the world. Jisoo's hoping that it was the reason because that'll be the only acceptable for her. 

She was furious. Jisoo was. They were really close. Inches close but she felt like those inches were kilometers or lightyears. She felt like even if she tried to touch the woman, she'll disappear to dust. She felt like she's fading from her gaze. She felt empty. The kind of empty in which you wished the two of you never met if this would happen. She forced herself to calm down in which her body disagreed. She looked down at the floor, revealing her almost crying visual. 

"So, what made you to come here at the airport?"

Lisa asked, the audacity to ask, Jisoo thought to herself. She's looking for a reason? She wants to hear a reason? Why cannot she be just happy to see Jisoo again. How could she say that with a straight smiling face. Jisoo didn't understand. Lisa was just there. She stopped herself from tearing up and looked straight to the woman's eyes. 

I can't do this.

"Waiting, for someone."

Jisoo answered. She was waiting. Waiting for someone to tell her she still feels the same for her. Waiting for someone to come and wrap her arms around her body. Waiting for someone to finally come back. Even though that someone arrived, she did not really come back to her. 

"Great. I just touched down and I still have somewhere to go." 

Lisa took a step closer to Jisoo. 

No, please don't. 

She still had a smile on her face as she took another step. 

Don't move an inch, I'm begging you.

She took another step and stopped. She stared deeply into Jisoo's eyes. 

Why are you smiling?

Lisa put her right hand, even when Jisoo found it difficult with all her baggages, on the older one's head. She patted it slowly and smiled, this time, her eyes also did the same. It showed the shine, the sparkle of her eyes and Jisoo remembered how much she loves staring into them for hours. The way her eyes smile was the same as before but something else changed. She's happy without me now. 

"It's nice seeing you again but I gotta go. Farewell, Jisoo-unnie."

After letting out those words, she started walking past Jisoo. Her fingers brushed on Jisoo's coat and slowly disappearing into the crowd. Seconds later, she was nowhere to be found. 

Jisoo didn't care if there were humans pacing back and forth. The soles of their shoes filling her ears. The ill silence she felt inside her heart was too much to bear that all she could do was to bend her knees and hide her face from the gaze of the strangers passing by her. . She whispered to herself and tried to stop the tears from falling down but she failed miserably. 

She couldn't just appear then disappear again. Who gave her the right to hurt me like this? 

It was real. Lisa was here. Lisa was inches away from her but she did not have the energy, the guts to speak about her, them. Now she's gone, again. She wondered if this pain she's feeling right now would appear if she didn't meet the woman 3 years ago. She wondered how great would that be. 

Jisoo shook her head and slowly stood up. Everything was blurry, all she could see was the clothes of people around her, she couldn't even see them clearly. She wiped her tears as she took her phone from her coat pocket. She was desperate to call someone. Yes, she was waiting for someone. To be specific, she was waiting for Lisa but it looked like Lisa did not exist anymore. Her Lisa disapeared two years ago, what was she expecting? 

I'm so dumb. 

After all these years, she was still hoping that the woman who promised her forever would come running back to her. After all these years, she could not believe that her love for her was still as strong as infinity. After all these years, she was still the woman she hoped to wake up with every morning. After these years, her feelings didn't change. After all these years, it's still her. It was always her. 

After all these years, Lisa, I'm still craving for you to put a ring on my finger but that would be too much knowing that you already did but on someone else's. 

I really am dumb.