Chapter One

Miles Away

Junior year, the hardest year of them all. Nothing but work, work work. 


It was show day for Seoul Academy. The drama club stirred up a new show and everyone came together to watch it Friday night. Jessica and Tiffany were running the show, as usual, ushering people in and out of the theater. 


"Hello, welcome to Seoul Academy. Ticket for two? 8 dollars please. Here's your change, enjoy the show." Jessica speaks in her monotone voice. No expression was on her face as people kept shuffling in and out of the doors. Jessica took the job of taking money and handing out tickets. It was simple, until someone gave her too large of a bill. It was also the easiest because anyone who did the job had the luxury of sitting down.
 

"Hi! Would you like a pamphlet?" Tiffany was across the room handing out pamphlets to everyone in the lobby. Her bright attitude brought people to smile as she handed the thin booklet to everyone. She ran around the whole lobby, making sure everyone did not leave without a copy. Her eyes creeped into her classic, cute eye smile that everyone adored.
 

As the show approached, Hyoyeon, Tiffany's best friend, and Sunny were yelling at everyone to move into the middle of the rows. Tiffany neatly put everything away before collapsing onto the sofas in the lobby. Jessica goes up into the theater to safely put away the money box.
 

"Yah! Do you wanna go watch?" Hyoyeon jumps out, scaring Tiffany. Hyoyeon puts her hands on Tiffany's skinny legs as she smiles with joy Jumping, Tiffany smacks Hyoyeon and laughs. 
 

"Nah man, they all anyways!" she replies lightheartedly as she closes her eyes. Hyoyeon smirks and runs around the lobby, eventually going up to Jessica. Hyoyeon was always so hyper, Tiffany could barely keep up. 
 

"Hey, Jessica! How was your day?" 
 

"Same old same old. Hey, guard the lobby will you? I have to go to the back and grab my laptop" Jessica says in the same monotone voice. 
Hyoyeon smiles and nods as Jessica runs to the back. Tiffany glances up at the girl who is now running outside the building. She shrugs off the questions she has and takes her water out of the cabinet. Once again, Tiffany jumps onto the sofa, this time in the middle of the lobby. It was nice and quiet, almost too good to be true. 

 

"Yah, pabo." Hyoyeon screams.
 

"Pabo, be quiet. They're gonna hear you inside and we will get in trouble again." Tiffany replies. "Anyways, who was that girl? She's so boring" 
 

"Jessica? Oh, she's a junior. She's so smart, Sunbae introduced me to her."
 

"Jessica huh? She's no fun."
 

Tiffany walks out of the theater, exposing herself to the cold weather that January night. It was nice and calm, the wind blowing against her face. She walks to the tables out in the quad and sits on top of one, taking in her surroundings. 
 

Oh I miss season. I can't wait to start again. Tiffany thinks. She stares at the empty quad located in front of her. She smiles as she begins to think back of the time she spent before every football game, practicing her routine in the same location.
Tiffany was in the school's color guard. The team goes unnoticed, but their overall work is beyond worth after each and every performance. The beautiful silks from the flags and the amount of body movement does not go to the trash once everyone sees what each individual is capable of.
Tiffany lays on her back and looks up to the sky. It was dark, but the sky sparkled with little stars. Footsteps are heard behind Tiffany, and to her surprise it was Jessica. Walking fast and swift, she makes her way back into the theater. Hyoyeon smiles and moves of out Jessica's way so she could work on her laptop. Tiffany looks into the lobby and sighs, sitting up before making her way back into the lobby.

 

"Hyoyeon! I have a joke for you." Tiffany proclaims as she walks into the theater. Jessica's eyes are glued to her screen as she aggressively types. 
 

"What do you want you pabo?"
 

"Watch my newest single drop. Me!" Tiffany says with a laugh. It was a joke, but little did anyone known Tiffany was wishing it was the truth. 
 

Tiffany has been dating Heechul for a year now. The two met their freshman year, new and exposed to the stress of high school. Tiffany thought it would be a great idea to get to know him, but little did she know, he was a male. Heechul had long hair and a very skinny, female like body. She got his number and they went days talking and flirting before they learned each other's names. When Tiffany found out, it was too late to turn back. They got together not long after they met and decided to go on strong, committed to one another. But their relationship soon became abusive and rotten. 
 

Jessica looks up at Tiffany with a little smirk on her face, and Tiffany looks back. Jessica shakes her head and resumes her work. Intermission came not long after the joke was dropped. 
 

The ten minutes of everyone rushing in and out of the theater, taking their drinks of water and eating their snacks, everyone ushering the event had to go back to being professional. Jessica hid her laptop from everyone and Tiffany was guarding the doors, not allowing anyone who had food back into the theater. It was chaotic and everyone was running around. 
 

"1 minute! Intermission will be ending in 1 minute!" Hyoyeon goes around screaming at everyone. One by one, families go back into the theater and into their seats. It was not long after until the doors were once again closed and the ushers were able to relax.

 

The rest of the night was quiet. Everyone was doing their own thing and the lobby remained quiet. No one was screaming or joking around anymore, very unusual for a Friday night. It was soon time for the ushers to clean up the theater for the next show to come. Tiffany and Hyoyeon ran the rows of the theater to look for any trash needed to be thrown away while everyone else cleaned the lobby and locked the theater up. Jessica was the first to go. She rushed away from the school and into her car, her mother speeding off. Tiffany and Hyoyeon sat in the front waiting for their mothers to pick them up.
 

"Tiff, is everything alright?"
 

"Yeah, everything's good. I'm just tired. Who knew people could really drain you out huh" Tiffany laughs. 
 

The two sat in silence until Hyoyeon left. Tiffany was the last one to leave the school, her mom pulling into the driveway and honking to grab her attention. The night came to an end when Tiffany jumped into her bed, but there was one last thought in her mind: Jessica. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys!

Here's a short chapter to start off the series I will be writing for everyone. This is just a little background information about Tiffany and Jessica and how they met. It would get very interesting very soon, I promise!

Thank you for subscribing and I will update very soon!