Finale

Restless - Calm

Irene's POV 

(Italicized words signifies Irene's thoughts.)

I groaned upon hearing the sound of my alarm - annoying sound it was. I did not feel like opening my eyes so I turned and reached for the thing to turn it off. There were no signs of me getting up and dragging off my lazy paper body out of the bed, knowing that this day's scheduled for me to host at KBS Music Bank live. Yes, LIVE and I honestly hated it though I'm doing this for four months already. Just by the thought of it makes me want to breakdown. Anyways, Park Bogum oppa is hosting with me. Two is better than one. I told myself.

Minutes later, "Aisssh" still with my eyes closed, I ruffled my hair with both of my hands and turned my head from side to side until I felt a little dizzy. "This really frustrates me a lot." I uttered to no one as I opened my eyes and looked at the ceiling for about a minute, thinking of the possible outcomes and happenings that would happen on the live broadcast later. I reached for my phone to see the time, 7:30 am. I exhaled long enough. "Okay, thirty minutes had passed since the alarm. I should get myself out of this bed and just be ready for the show later." I murmured.

It took me another thirty minutes to get changed. I wore a hood paired with jeans plus a face mask to cover half of my face. I'm afraid that people would notice me. I walked straight, head down, then waste no time and rushed to SM building.

On my way to SM, I suddenly stopped on my track and remembered, Omo! SNSD will be promoting their newly released album 'Lion Heart' at Music Bank later which means -- Kim Taeyeon will be there!! I began to squeal and realized some people looked at me weirdly. I bowed my head and started to walk as fast as I could. 

As soon as I entered the building, I stopped. My heart raced, my face was so hot, I could not contain myself, for Taeyeon's walking towards me. She's with her manager, Sooyoung-unnie, Hyoyeon-unnie and Yoona-sunbae. It was so hard for me to move freely. I just stared at her for only God knows how long, smiling like a retarded idiot. That's weird 'retarded idiot' but that's for real. I'm so crazy about her. My mind was occupied by her, only her. Wherever she goes, whatever she's wearing, whatever she does, she always looks good, charming, and cool. She has this aura that fanboys and even fangirls (idols or ordinary people) would go head over heels for her. And I'm one of them. She is really different from anyone else. She's a unique one, a good catch -- Kim Taeyeon. The one who inspires me to be better in every thing. I really had this huge admiration on her. I really like every little thing about her. 

Ever since I was a trainee here in SM, I never laid my eyes to anyone else, except for Taeyeon. Yes, you see me being paired by my members, by other group members inside and outside the company but in my heart, there's only Taeyeon. For the past years, months, and days, whenever she's near me or she's inside of the borders of my sight, I had always pretended to be calm, pretended like I don't have any love and affection on her, tried to hide my emotions from her. But this day's so different, I'm stuck right here. I could not move.

My eyes never left hers. I smelled a vanilla scent perfume and that's when I realized that she's already near me, to be exact, she's in front of me, waving her hands in front of my face to get me back to reality as she chuckled. 

 

Writer's POV

As Taeyeon, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and Yoona walked out from the elevator, they saw Irene staying rooted near the main door, looking towards their direction specifically at Taeyeon. All of them started to chuckle and giggle. "Yah. Taeyeon-ah, it seems like Irene is stunned by us, or maybe by you?" Sooyoung teased. Taeyeon shrugs but a smile creeps on her lips. They started to walk forward. They silently laughed again because Irene seems to feel only the presence of Taeyeon."Yah, Irene-shi~" Hyoyeon muttered but still Irene's still in deep thought. "Taeyeon-unnie, we'll be waiting inside the car, you should talk to this gorgeous girl who's obviously developed some crushy thing on you, I guess?" Yoona teased. "Yeah, Yoona's right. Ehem." Sooyoung seconded as she faked a cough. Taeyeon just look at the trio leaving, teasing her about the situation. Taeyeon smiled at the sight and chuckled, looking around to find if somebody else witnessed this scene. Thankful, Taeyeon sighed. She waved his hand in front of Irene. There she saw Irene snapped back to reality.

 

Irene's POV

"Hey, Irene-shi. Are you okay?" She asked looking at me as she continued to chuckle. 

I snapped back, "Ahh-hh" I stuttered awkwardly. "H-hello, Taeyeon-unnie!" I bowed repeatedly to hide away my pretty pinkish face. I saw her bow too, flashing a beam on her face. Her dimple. Cute. 

"Yes, hello." her smile still visible on her face. "We saw you standing here like a lamppost. What's the problem? Are you okay?" as she held my upper left arm, asking me with a concerned look in her eyes. She's concerned about me? Or did I read her wrongly? Taeyeon please stop it. I'm gonna explode here. Well, every sunbae is concerned about their hoobaes, anyways. Wait, WE? Oh, she was with her members earlier. Where are they now?  Oh my God. So I was not on my mind earlier? I facepalmed myself. When she lightly pats my shoulder, that's when I realized that she's waiting for me to respond her queries. 

"Ahh-h yes, I'm okay Taeyeon-unnie. I just uh --" This is so awkward. What will Taeyeon think of me right now? I'm getting tensed. "Uh I'm just a bit uneasy and nervous for later's live show at KBS music bank. And anyways, you were with the unnies, right?" I pouted as shyness is spreading all over my body. Honestly, I want to run away from her right now. She, I mean 'they' had just caught me staring like a fool at Taeyeon so I just bowed my head. 

I heard her said cutely "Aigooo~ that's why. Oh, your unnies were calling you earlier but you were just there rooted, so they just made their way through the car. They said I should talk to you for a while." She pats my head lightly. As I looked up at her, she smiled. 

I slowly smiled at her with a mix of shyness. This made me worry. They would thought that I'm crushing really hard on Taeyeon - which is somewhat a fact. argh

The next thing that she did made me fluttered. I'm pretty sure that my heart was pounding so fast. She held both of my hands. I stepped back a little, shocked by the sudden warmth of her hands to mine. Will she get a hint of what I am unconsciously doing right now in front of her? I had this thoughts again and again.

"Irene-shi, what you're feeling right now is normal."

"W-what?" Did she just read the questions I have in my mind? Did she just knew about my feelings for her because of what I am showing her now? 

"Yeah?" confused, she narrowed her eyes as she smiled slightly. She then caressed her hands to mine, held it tightly and continued, "I mean, about you being tensed during live shows. But as time passes by, you'll just be getting used with it. I still even feel tensed and uneasy on stage despite the long years of experience being a performing artist. And I know, you'll do really well because you're Irene. Irene of Red Velvet!" She lets go of her hands, leaned closely to me, what is she doing? as she lightly tapped my already-ripened cheeks. 

Am I still alive? breathe in. breathe out. I just stared and brightly smiled at her. That was so sweet of her. She's making me fall for her deeply. I can't help but to look deeply at her brown orbs down to her little pinkish lips. My heart made a noise. It was thumping really hard.

She  stood straight again making distance between us as she uttered, "You're very beautiful anyways."

That was so random. I was stunned. What was she saying? "W-what?"

"You're beautiful." She showed her geniune smile. I'm flattered, so much. If only I could squeal and throw myself unto her to give her a tight hug, but then again no. I don't have the courage to.

"A-ahh thank you, Taeyeon-Unnie. And I'll do my best." I bowed. This is so awkward, for me. Wasn't I too obvious of my foolishness in front of her, was I? 

I saw in my peripheral vision, that her manager was already waving at her so that they can leave already.

"Irene-shi, I gotta go. See you later. Just remember, we're always here to support you, okay? And I'm always here. You can beep me anytime if you need some encouragements, okay? Fighting!" Showing her cute side. Taeyeon please stop it. She then turned, her back facing me for her to move towards their car. 

"Yes, thank you taeyeon unnie! Goodluck on your comeback! See you, take care!" I voiced out loudly since she's already meters away from me. She turned again to look at me, and nodded lightly like a dork.

I turned away from her direction when I heard a running footsteps coming towards me. "Irene-shi, wait." 

That voice. Taeyeon? I turned around. It's her, again. 

"Yes, taeyeon-unnie?" I am very happy deep inside. She was definitely running after me.

"I forgot to ask earlier. Can I have your number? I'll give mine, too. If you don't mind." She unconsciously scratched her not-so-itchy nape. 

Is this for real?  Exchange of numbers? With korea's most famous artist? My ultimate crush? Oh my God.

"Of course Taeyeon-unnie, I don't mind." I giggled as I feel the happiness overloading inside of me. Not wasting any seconds, I fished out my phone from my pocket and gave it to her. With that being said, we both have each other's number. 

"Thank you, Irene-shi" she bowed and smiled coolly. 

"Yes, anything for you, sunbae." I flashed her my brightest smile. 

"I must really go now, Irene-shi." She lightly patted my left arm and exited the SM building. My eyes followed her to make sure she's already left. But when before she closes the car's door, she looked at me and gave me that unexplanable smile again as she waved goodbye and rushed off.

Her smile, that was different. Weird. That smile was different from the ones seen on televisions and cameras. It's really different. My heart beats faster again.

I place my hands on my chest, still holding my phone.

"I wish I could be with you, always. I wish that you'll be mine, someday."

I rushed to the room where my manager was waiting. When I opened the door, I saw no one. I hissed. Where's manager oppa? I walked inside the room and took a seat on one of the brown sofas. I thought of sending a message to my manager to ask if where is he right now. I took out my phone and sent him the message. I turned it off after. Just when I'm about to think about the happenings earlier with Taeyeon, my phone beeped. Wow, manager-oppa's typing skill is unbelievable. When I my phone, my heart started to race again. The text was from, Taeyeon. I squealed like crazy.

 

From: Taeyeon --- Hey, it's me Taeyeon. Do you have any schedule for tonight? I thought of you joining with me for dinner. Is it okay with you?

She's inviting me for dinner?! This is insane. It took me minutes to reply because of too much excitement.

To: Taeyeon ---- Sure. That would be fine with me since I don't have any schedules for tonight Taeyeon-unnie. :)

I pressed the send button and got so crazy. I smiled from ear to ear. Until my phone beeped again.

From: Taeyeon --- Taeyeon. Just call me Taeyeon. Okay? Then great. I'll be waiting outside of your dorm at 7PM. Have a nice day! Take care. :)

Is this really happening? Have a nice day? Take care? Waiting? I squealed my heart out again. And replied.

To: Taeyeon ---- Got that. Take care, Taeyeon. :)

 

I felt so restless. Is she still in the state of calmness right now? I'm in the state of euphoria, right now.

"I like you Taeyeon-ah, since then until now."