One shot

Back To You

One of the perks of being a rising actor in the past few months was that you have many activities going on whether it would be acting in both drama and film or shooting a CF from different companies wanting you as the face of their products to advertise to the public. No matter what it was the work is always endless and rarely stop if ever. Plus, your name is well known to the public instead of just another pretty face.

The downside of being at this side of fame is the physical and mental toll it took on both your body and health. Exhaustion and stress are the most common one but this usually far outweigh when you are working on your dream job and improving yourself every day.

Truly he should be grateful by the amount of work he received but there were times he just wanted time to just slow down. Going from one production to another without taking much of a breather, shooting several CFs several times in a month, attending fashion shows domestically and internationally, you could say he live the high life of an actor. He just wished he could fully immersed himself with the experiences without fully thinking much of his next schedule or agenda for the day.

He really should slow down which he did actually after he finished wrapping up his latest drama that he starred in as a main character last week. The next day after the drama wrapping up party from the night before, he came to his agency to discuss with them regarding temporary break to focus on recovering his health. After much discussion, they gave him a three-month period break which he’s really grateful for.

Although he couldn’t say the same thing for his girlfriend who always returned home dog tired for the past few weeks that several times he had to carry her to the bedroom. At times she would sleep with the clothes she wore on that day and then the next morning, would wake up earlier than him and went straight to work.

It’s inevitable on her part since she’s currently filming a 50-episode drama that’s going to aired somewhere in September. That’s why he makes sure every once in a while, to come to the set secretly and gave her his homecooked meal through her manager.

Fortunately for him, they were no paparazzi around to capture him on the scene and he had it in his good grace that the casts and staff on set won’t tell tale on their relationships to the media.

They had been keeping their relationship nearly a year now after their last stint appearing on MBC We Got Married in 2016.

At first both Gong Myung and Hye Sung don’t know what to do about their current relationship if you could call it that. Even though the show was of a pretend marriage, one couldn’t lie about their feelings as proven that most of the couples who had appeared on the program never dated after that and ended up only as friends/coworkers and some turned to strangers which made for an awkward interaction when they appeared in a program together.

After much honest talk between them one night, they decided to just be friends. There were a lot of factors to consider being that they were both really busy actors to begin with. Even if they did date and break up later mainly due to their work schedule as most actors do, it definitely would make things awkward between them and he especially didn’t want that. He could see she didn’t want that to happen as well.

Another factor is that he didn’t know whether his feelings for her was genuine or not. It’s easy to catch feelings when you are in a moment even if it is a pretend marriage and there are several cameras recording you and your partner’s action especially during the romantic moments.

Although Gong Myung would admit that he liked her and she too feel the same about him evident by her proven crush towards him, it’s just not enough that he wanted to have a relationship with her even after they left the show.

For the next couple of years, they did just that. They remained friends and supported each other. They went out to eat several times with mostly him initiating the invitation and on random days when she’s not busy, she would call him to eat at her favourite restaurant. They were caught several times by the paparazzi and when the pictures broke out the next day, their agency swiftly responded denying the two were in a relationship.

Even he himself posted on his Instagram to let his fans knows that Hye Sung is one of his close female friends he has in the industry.

That is until something happened to him that changed his view of her.

He still remembered it quite well.

It was a year ago when he had just finished filming a romantic comedy film. It was still fall at the time and yet the weather wasn’t very welcoming. It rained for the past three days and unfortunately for him, after he and the casts had shot the final scene, the rain came down on them. Hard.

Everyone immediately ducked for cover inside their trailers. Gong Myung at the time already felt himself getting sick but he braved them to come to the set. The sudden downfall only made his sickness worse. He was shivering and felt his body getting more heated by the minute. Luckily his manager noticed this and immediately send him back home.

His manager had to slowly help Gong Myung walked up the stairs before delivering him to the bed. His manager did all he can to lower Gong Myung’s temperature and even gave him a herbal drink which Gong Myung nearly spit out because it was so bitter. After much mothering, his manager finally left him in a pile of blankets wrapped around his body.

That night he couldn’t sleep because his body kept trembling from the cold and the raging heat of his body. It was a constant battle between the two.

Then just when he was able to sleep, he heard his phone ringing signaling an incoming call. He was so weak that it took him a couple of minutes to grab the phone near his pillow and see who it was. The call was from Hye Sung and she greeted him cheerfully before she realized something was wrong when he didn’t speak after a while.

“Gong Myung? Are you alright?” she asked worriedly.

He could only grunt. By this time, he was breathing a bit heavily. All of a sudden, he didn’t hear her voice anymore later realizing she had hung up the phone on him.

He tried to close his eyes again to no avail when he heard the front door opened. He thought it’s his manager since he’s the only one who had the key to Gong Myung’s house. Imagine to his surprise that he heard her voice instead.

When she appeared in his bedroom, he tried to sit up but ended up flopping back on the mattress each time.

Hye Sung kneeled at the side of the bed and felt his temperature on his forehead. She gasped in shock. “You’re burning up.”

She left the bed which he probably guesses to search for another towel. When she came back, he saw a small towel in her hand and place it on his forehead. The towel was damp but it still didn’t lower his fever.

“Can you sit up?”

Gong Myung weakly shook his head.

“I bought some porridge not far from your apartment. Thought you might want to eat it but seeing you now, I guess it’s impossible.” She then went to put a plastic bag inside his fridge.

He just laid there staring at the ceiling, cursing himself for falling sick but at least, he thought, he finished shooting the film.

“Here drink this first.”

Gong Myung saw her putting his mug at the bedside table.

“It’s a special drink though.” She told him before proceeding to sit on the bed next to him. He felt himself being sat up a little by her and leaned back towards the headboard.

She grabbed the mug at the side and brought it near his lips, thankful that she had provided him with a straw.

He took several sips, feeling the water taste lemonier than just regular water although it made his throat no longer parched. She must have infused something in that drink because before he knew it, his eyes drooped shut and his body felt cool as well which made him sleep like a baby.

The next thing he remembered was being awoke by hushed speaking in the background. Because his apartment was small, he can see directly towards the living room. He only saw faint blurry figure of a short man and a woman whom he would assume to be his manager and Hye Sung.

She hadn’t gone home?

He narrowed his eyes at that. He had a lot of questions he wanted to ask her but what he wanted to know were why did she stay and where did she sleep. He doesn’t even have that much of a furniture. He could imagine her discomfort sleeping in a place like his.

By now he realized his temperature had rose again which was not good as at the same time he started shivering all over again. He slumped down back on the bed breathing heavily again.

He heard footsteps came to his bed and turned to see his manager and Hye Sung looking at him worriedly. She took the towel from his forehead and checked his temperature.

“His temperature is rising up again!” she exclaimed in distress, looking back at his manager.

His manager took the towel to soak it in water while Hye Sung went to the kitchen.

Gong Myung felt the cool towel on his forehead. Opening his eyes he saw the same mug that Hye Sung gave him last night and was already eager to drink it again even if it tastes sour. Anything to cool his body temperature.

This time he drank the whole cup and already felt his body temperature lowering.

He smiled at her in appreciation. Again like last time he easily doze off. The last thing he heard before going to dreamland was his manager asking Hye Sung what she had put inside the mug. He too was curious about that but that’s for a later date.

However that night instead of him sleeping peacefully like he knew he should, his body started shaking uncontrollably and he felt himself sweating all over. He kept turning in his bed, shaking off the blankets from his body but then retrieving those back moments later. He couldn’t even call for Hye Sung for help from his bed.

It was torture. This was probably one of his worst fever as of yet.

Then all of a sudden he felt himself being engulfed in a warmth cocoon. A cocoon that he didn’t want to let go or break free from. He wanted to stay there for a long time.

So warm, he thought as he nuzzled even deeper.

Though his body was still shaking, it lessens. His sweating though remained soaking his shirt and shorts. A couple of minutes later, he slept throughout the night.

By the next morning, he woke up feeling…good actually. His body was back to its normal temperature.

From what he had guessed, his fever definitely broke last night.

He had expected to see the sun shining through behind his curtain window and the birds chirping from his window but was met with the sound of heavy rainfall outside.

When Gong Myung tried to rise up, he was unable to and when he looked down, he was shocked to discover he was wrapped in a warm embrace from a specific someone who was still sound asleep. In his bed with her arms around him and a smile on her face.

Never would he think he would be able to see her back in his bed. The last time was when she had come visit his place when they were still in We Got Married.

Watching Hye Sung now asleep in his bed, he deduced that she went to his bed in the middle of the night, probably hearing him turned several times in his bed and went under the cover with him to hold him as he sweated out his fever out.

Ah! So that’s the warmth that he felt last night. With that thought in mind, he stared at her sleeping face, his mind started to wonder and questions started to pop out mainly about her presence at his home.

He knew that she had immediately come to his apartment when he received her phone call while lying sick in bed and then gave him that lemon water that knocked him out. Then the next day together with his manager, tried to lower his body temperature and her giving the same water to Gong Myung and finally sleeping in his bed with him under the cover.

In that particular time, did she ever leave his house at all? Did she sleep in his house? If so where did she sleep? Like he said before he didn’t have that much furniture in his apartment. And if she did stay at his house for the past three days and two nights, wouldn’t her parents especially her father asked where she was?

Did she ever go to work? Wouldn’t her absence interfere with her drama shooting? More importantly did the paparazzi catch her during those times? Though they knew that both Gong Myung and Hye
Sung were merely friends and colleagues, he’s not taking any chances of lowering his guard down anytime soon. The medias can be hound dogs and when they sniffed something good to tell in their story, they will chase after it.

Not to say that Gong Myung didn’t appreciate her nursing and caring for him. He did because the thought of her in his bed with him shaking so much from his fever and her soothing him to sleep, he felt the blush creeping on his cheek.

He couldn’t deny that other than being thankful to her, he felt something akin to tender and affection spread through him. She shouldn’t have done all that and could just leave it to his manager but being taken care of by a woman, other than your own mother is really special.

The longer he watched her the more those feelings grew that he resisted acting up on it such as kissing her on her forehead.

When she finally woke up and greeted him with her beautiful smile, that’s when Gong Myung knew that he’s a goner for her.

“I’m home”

The sound of her voice from the threshold shook him out of his musings that he got up from the bed to go greet her.

“Hey” he kissed her at the top of her head and felt her arms wrapped around him. He gladly returned the gesture as they just held each other for a moment.

One thing that hasn’t change between them was that they were both still affectionate towards each other. It wasn’t even awkward when he first initiated it between them and she didn’t seem to mind as well as she easily gave as she got to him. The transition from friendship to relationship wasn’t as complicated as he thought. The only difference is that he sees her as a woman now whom he kept falling for every day whenever he’s with her.

Another thing that made it easier for him is that they talked informally to each other just like when they were still married.

The couple pulled back from each other, albeit hesitantly on his part.

“My mom made us kimchi and some other food for both of us.” Hye Sung said as she showed him the brown paper bag she had put on the floor. He noticed several containers piled up inside.

“Waaah! I always love your mom’s cooking” he said and was amused when she pouted “and yours as well.” Gong Myung added which lit up her whole face.

They went to the kitchen to store the foods in his fridge to eat tomorrow.

“Go and take a shower. I’ll order something up for the both of us.” He said to her.

“What are you ordering?”

“Whatever you want I guess.”

There’s a mischievous glint in his eyes that he recognized all too well and he knew that he shouldn’t have utter those five words to her. The last time he was in this predicament, she had refused to talk to him and glared at him for several hours until he had relented. In the end he had bought her a watch that she had been dying to own. Unbeknown to her, he was actually planning to buy the said watch for her birthday which was why he refused to buy it to her in the first place.

By the time she left him to shower, Gong Myung was calling through several restaurants from his phone. She had listed off several foods that she wanted to eat but couldn’t because of her diet and drama shooting.

Coincidentally, when she had finished showering, the last of the deliveryman had left the apartment with the cash in his hand.

Hye Sung had come out wearing a pink hoodie and black pajama pants. Sitting at his living room, they ate in mostly silence at first before she started telling him about her days on the set. It became the norms between them when they started dating where they would share with each other about their days whether it would on or off the set as they both can empathized with each other’s feelings and would try to comfort the others.

Hye Sung was telling him that since tomorrow would be her last day of filming, she’s planning to take a one-month break and go on a vacation.

“So where do you want to go?” she asked him.

“I haven’t thought that far ahead. Where do you want to go?”

“I’m thinking of somewhere…maybe in Europe?” she suggested.

“Which country? There’s many of them.” He said and so off they went to his bed to do their researches after cleaning up his kitchen. Well mostly her doing the researches while he just watched her from the side. She was assiduous in her task as she visited several blogs and websites and started reading them from top to bottom to learn more about the countries they were planning to visit.

That particular characteristic of her pretty much brought them together. Something which he’s grateful really because he didn’t know how much he can take in showing her his feelings through his actions before he blurted them out.

The reason why he didn’t want to outwardly say them to her (which is out of character for him because usually he’s just that honest) because he really didn’t know how she felt about him at first. She could have still seen him only as a mere friend/colleague but he was proven wrong after a certain incident that happen last year during an event.

Gong Myung could feel his lips twitching as the memories rushed over him.

It had been a couple of weeks after that event in his apartment and Gong Myung was slowly going crazy.

Really.

He was holding his phone in his hand, fingers hovering on the screen and debating with himself whether to reply to this particular text from her. It was just a simple question with a simple answer from him, either a Yes or a No from him but he was indecisive.

He was in this predicament the moment he received the message, fighting with himself on the different scenarios in his head if he answered with either Yes or No. So many possibilities and yet his mind mainly revolve around the bad one.

“What are you doing?” a voice asked him.

Gong Myung looked up to see his manager stood with a questionable expression on his face.

The former didn’t reply and the latter sighed. “Is it from Hye Sung?”

His manager knew him really well. Gong Myung didn’t even tell the man of his feelings towards Hye Sung and yet he caught on it. The man was respectful enough not to probe more about it to Gong Myung and just let it be.

Other than his manager, Gong Myung also confided on his 5urprise members. Although they initially were surprised at first by the revelation, they supported him if he were to be in a relationship with Hye Sung since they already like her especially Kang Joon who kept teasing Gong Myung of Hye Sung fondness of the former when they first met.

Gong Myung shook his head. “No. It’s from her friend Namjoo of A Pink. She invited me to plan a surprise birthday party for Hye Sung. It’s just a party for the three of us.” He then mentioned the date of the party which was next week.

“Then what’s the problem? If I remember correctly, you don’t have any schedule that day either.”

“It’s not that easy.” Gong Myung muttered.

Ever since that event in his apartment, him and Hye Sung had grown even closer than before except he’s looking at her more than just a friend. He just didn’t know how to relay his feelings plus he had a feeling that she still treated him as a friend.

Which really.

A part of him wanted to reject the Namjoo’s invitation because he solely wanted to celebrate Hye Sung’s birthday with only the two of them. He knew it was selfish and that he only wanted her for himself for that day but he also couldn’t forget the fact that Namjoo is Hye Sung friend throughout the years.

He had planned on giving something special to Hye Sung for her birthday and had already purchased it a couple of days ago wrapped up in a red box with white bow.

After giving it some more thought, he finally agreed with Namjoo’s invitation.

29/4

7 p.m.

“I’m surprised you were able to make a reservation at this place.” Gong Myung said as he blew out a balloon in his hand and tied it moments later. The venue for the party was a well-known café that’s usually occupied by a growing number of customers coming in every day. He only came once though which was two months ago.

“I’m a regular at this place and the owner knows me quite well. So when I asked her to reserve a small space upstairs for me, she agreed to it.”

Both of them came to the café at 6 pm hands full with decorations stuff and an ice cream cake he brought currently being refrigerated downstairs at the kitchen fridge.

“Can I assume you have a present for her?” Namjoo raised her brow at him with a teasing look on her face.

Gong Myung didn’t answer to that and continued blowing up the balloon in his hand.

“You know it’s obvious to me that you’re starting to like her.” That earned her a startled look from him. She rolled her eyes at that. “Come on. Even I can see it. When you two were married before, sure I can see that you both like each other but I don’t think it has gone more than that. I mean you two remained in close contact with each other after the show ended. So what changed?”

Gong Myung didn’t answer to that question and let the silence speak to both of them first although the whole time he felt her glaring at him at the back of his head. Only after they both finish decorating the place and sat down did he answered. He told her how it all started from the conversation he had with her after the show ended right to the event at his apartment.

“I planned to give her present after the party ended actually.” He told Namjoo.

“Does that include a confession as well?” Namjoo quipped.

Gong Myung immediately averted his eyes from her and pretended to look something outside the window. He could see from the corner of his eyes that she tried not to let laugh at him.

“I’m sure she will be very happy if you did.” Namjoo said. Gong Myung whipped his head at her, surprise by that revelation. What does that even mean? He was going to ask when she said “Well it’s nearly time and she should be here any second. Hide!” She said and hurriedly went downstairs.

He knew she purposely did that. Avoiding his incoming question after she made that last statement. Plus it’s still a little early for Hye Sung to come because she did texted to Namjoo that she’ll be coming a little late.

Gong Myung then took his time to ponder on what Namjoo had said to him. What did she mean that Hye Sung will be happy if he did confess? Did Hye Sung felt the same about him? And if she did, why didn’t she tell him?

That last question was easy to answer.

Maybe she was in the same predicament as him. Fearing that the other person might not feel the same way.

Can he really trust Namjoo’s word for it?

Maybe he’ll find out about it.

Later.

***

“I’m surprised you even came tonight.” Hye Sung said to him as he drove her back to her parents’ home. Luckily, he still remembered the address even after a couple of years.

He chuckled. “I wouldn’t miss it this time. Last year I was busy with work and only greeted you through message.”

“Well thank you for today and for the present.” She looked down at a small box still wrapped in red wrapping paper with white bow.

He had a feeling that Hye Sung can already tell what’s inside of it but decided to just humor him.

Gong Myung felt his heart beating faster the moment he gave her the present back at the restaurant and quite frankly anticipating her reaction as well if she unwrapped the present right there. However she didn’t. He was a little relieved at that because he knew Namjoo was watching both of them closely at the side.

He his lips nervously before saying “Why don’t you open it?”

She stared at it for a moment before saying “Okay.” She started to untie the bow. “Wonder what’s in it~” she said in a sing song voice. Just as he thought there’s a knowing voice behind it.

While his eyes remained on the road in front of him, his thoughts were somewhere else. Questions arose in his head on how she will react.

The important question was would she like it?

He rarely spend on something quite expensive except maybe on food but if it brought a smile to her face then it was worth it.

“Waaaah! It’s beautiful.” She exclaimed as she held the silver bracelet with two hearts entwined in the center of it.

Gong Myung didn’t even realize he was holding his breath the whole time until after she said that. To say he was pleased would be an understatement. Not only was he happy that she liked it, he felt proud of himself for choosing to buy that one. Although he had to admit there were many more beautiful bracelets back at the jewelry store that he could have picked but he thought that less is more and the design of the bracelet was simple enough to convey his feelings for her.

He just hoped she just caught on that last one.

“Thank you” she said to him and proceeded to wear them on her right wrist.

They were nearly at her house when from the corner of his eyes, he noticed her staring at the bracelet with a thoughtful expression on her face before turning to look at him. Confusion and was that expectant he saw flashed across her face?

So maybe this wasn’t so bad after all, he thought optimistically.

He parked the car right in front of her house

With his heart pounding on his chest, he faced her. “What is it? Don’t you like it?”

“I do like it. Don’t get me wrong but…the design of it…….it’s” she trailed off as if in dilemma on what to say next and avoided eye contact from him.

“For a lover” he completed and smiled when her head whipped up in surprise.

“What?”

He dreaded this part but knew it had to come sooner and

“That bracelet…..I thought long and hard on what to give you on your birthday. I had no idea as I strolled through several stores just to search for the perfect present for you until I entered a jewelry store and saw that bracelet. There were many other beautiful designs I could have chosen but I felt…that one is perfect for you.”

Which was the truth but he knew he was stalling here leaving out some part of it.

Hye Sung stared down at the bracelet before looking up at him again. “It is perfect but you still didn’t give me the full answer I’m expecting.” By now he noticed the corner of her lips quirked up in a smile and a teasing gleam in her eyes.

She knew! And the time she stared at the bracelet just now…..it was all an act, he realized.

Gong Myung couldn’t help but felt like an idiot. He thought he hid his feelings well from her but apparently he didn’t if she managed to catch on it.

“You knew!” he exclaimed in an accusing tone as if she had committed a crime.

“Of course I knew. Do you think I wouldn’t notice? You kept visiting me several times on set and secretly bought me food and gave it to my manager and me. You texted me from time to time wanting to hang out more than the usual and on random occasion you gave me flowers when we do meet. Your actions clearly speak out for itself and to be honest at first it confused me.

I didn’t know what to make of it. I suspected it for some time but I didn’t want to give myself false hope until I talked to a certain someone that pretty much confirmed it all for me.” She said that last part with a proud voice.

“Who?” he asked. There were only few people who knew. His manager definitely wouldn’t say a thing but maybe his 5urprise member would especially one person. He let out a sigh as the realization came to him. Of course this person definitely would tell her.

Kang Joon.

Why that came as a surprise for him, he didn’t know but what’s interesting was that Hye Sung had apparently approached and asked Kang Joon. Did she have his number in her contact list?

“I can’t believe he told you.” Gong Myung said as he leaned back on his seat.

He felt her hand on his. “Don’t be mad at him. To tell you the truth he was a bit reluctant to share at first but I was relentless. I kept pestering him until he finally told me everything.”

Maybe he wouldn’t kill Kang Joon after all.

After that they were silent. It wasn’t an uncomfortable one like he had expected and she still had her hand in his which he returned by holding her hand this time and rubbing them with his thumb.

“What started it?” Hye Sung asked silently. He knew what she was referring to.

“I think you know.” He replied and turned to her to give her a smile.

She nodded but then she bit her lips mulling about something.

“What is it?” he asked after noticing her expression.

“I just hope…..you know….your feelings…..” she hesitated, feeling unsure how to put in her words to him.

It took him a couple of minutes to digest what she’s saying until it him. She thought he only had feelings because she took care of him when he was sick and only acted this way towards her because he felt guilty for not having the same mutual feelings as hers.

It’s obvious to him now that she’s been hiding her true feelings from him all these time. He had just been oblivious about it. What a fool he had been for thinking they were better off as friends.

Gong Myung felt a pang of hurt and guilt hit him hard.

He had to right this wrong for her.

“Maybe at first” he admitted quietly “but overtime, it wasn’t the case anymore. The time we spend together after that, I see it as something more special. Not to say it wasn’t before “he added hastily, “but I enjoyed myself when it’s actually just the two of us. Not going to lie, there were times I actually wanted you for myself when we were with others.” He shyly admitted.

Hye Sung’s eyebrows shot up, surprised by that revelation.

He continued, “What I’m trying to say is I like you and if possible I wanted to explore this thing between us whatever you want to call it. We can take it slow if you wanted. I don’t mind. I just wanted to know if we have a chance for that.”

She didn’t say anything for the next couple of minutes. Her prolonged silence was starting to make him worry and his hope too was getting diminished as well.

Was it too late for him?

Did she believe a thing he said? He knew that from an outsider point of view, his confession probably be seen as rush considering their situation but he didn’t see it that way.

What he had told just now to her was the truth. He knew his feelings and they were telling him that Hye Sung is special to him. Someone he wanted to get to know more and share everything with her.

Their worries, sadness, happiness. He wanted it all with her.

He was about to say something to convince her before being interrupted a sudden knock on his side which startled them both.

Gong Myung turned to see a face in a dark illuminated by the house lights. The person was apparently slightly crouched down to the car’s window level and had his eyes narrowed at both of them in suspicion.

Not good, Gong Myung thought as he his sudden dry lips and the knots in his stomach. To be facing this person so soon. He wasn’t at all ready.

Hye Sung’s father.

The man who apparently didn’t hide his contempt of his only daughter ‘marrying’ to Gong Myung in live television.

The person gestured with his hand especially to Gong Myung to get out of the car but Hye Sung stopped Gong Myung.

He shot her a bemused look. If he didn’t get out now, her father would probably end up dragging him out using force and he’s not about to endure that.

She leaned forward at his seat and pressed the auto button to roll the window on his side down.

“Appa. What are you doing?” she asked. Gong Myung meanwhile decided to shut his mouth and just quietly watched as both father and daughter talked.

“What does it seem like I’m doing? I’m going to have a talk with both of you especially him. I thought Namjoo or your manager was going to send you home. Your mother and I were starting to get worried when you didn’t come home the usual time. What’s he doing sending you home?” her father asked not hiding his disapproval in front of them.

“What does it look like dad?” she retorted back. “We’re currently on our date. First date really.”

That made Gong Myung swiveled his head at her.

Did she say what he thought she said?

Or was this an attempt to get her father to back off for a moment?

He resumed back to being an audience again trying not to get his hopes up especially after that last remark she made.

Her father arched a brow. “At our house?” he asked as he crossed his arms, not quite believing his daughter.

“Well yes. Why wouldn’t it be? We wanted to tell you guys it’s official between us as soon as possible.”

Gong Myung widened his eyes in horror as he turned to her again. What the heck was she spouting now?

“Plus he just confessed to me.” She added.

Gong Myung couldn’t even be more petrified than he was at moment. He slowly turned to her father whose face now become even more rigid than before.

Her father blew out a breath. “Inside now!” He sternly said before pacing back towards the house.

Both just stared at his retreating figure for a moment before facing her. He didn’t say anything but arched his brow at her.

“What? I have to have him back off unless you want to endure his grilling just now.” She said.

He blinked at her.

She giggled finding the situation amusing “Do you truly think I would lie in front of my father? I don’t usually do it but this is the first time I ever lie for another person.” Her expression then turned pensive. “About what you said just now, are you really sure?”

He nodded “Like I said, there’s no rush if you want to take it slow. I wouldn’t mind as long as we’re on the same page.”

“Okay then.” She smiled shyly at him.

There was a moment of silence as they stared at each other with fluttering hearts before she said. “Shall we go inside then? Because I think my dad is there watching us from the porch.”

Gong Myung didn’t dare to look back knowing that they had just ignored her father’s order for far too long.

He immediately shut off the engine of his car. As they both were heading to her parent’s house, he slanted a quick glance at her before grabbing for her hand. From his peripheral view, he saw the surprise flashed across her face before she returned his gesture by squeezing his hand back.

“I can’t believe our first date is going to be here.” He muttered to which she had to stifled a laugh.

“Let’s go there!” her sudden shouting shook him out of his thought. He glanced at her jubilant face.

“What?” he asked her, confused.

“Weren’t you listening to anything I said just now?”

He shook his head and sheepishly smiled at her.

She sighed and repeated to him what she said to him a while ago when his mind was elsewhere.

“England?”

“Yeah. I always wanted to go there. Did you know they have a Harry Potter museum there?” she asked excitedly and continue to tell him all the places she wanted to visit other than the museum to which he listened to attentively.

He had to admit she looked cute talking excitedly like that. Like a child expectantly waiting to go to the amusement park for the first time.

“What were you thinking about just now?” she curiously asked after finished talking his ear off.

“About us.” He told her.

“What about us?”

“About how it started between us.” He caressed her cheek affectionately. Her eyes widened in surprise, not expecting that answer at all. Moment later, she scooted near him and laid her head on his shoulder.

“Honestly I never thought in a million of years that you would feel the same way about me.” She quietly admitted. Though there didn’t seem to be any hint of pain in her voice but he knew that he had hurt her in the past even if it is unintentionally.

“I’m sorry.” He apologized to which she just shook her head.

“Don’t be. It’s all in the past. I’m happy to where we are now really.” She lifted her head and kissed him on his cheek affectionately.

Gong Myung too was happy with the way things are. Even though it took him a while to sort his feelings towards her, he’s glad that it’s her. Just like any normal couples, they had their ups and downs but one thing he appreciated the most out of their relationship is that they were willing to talk it out and apologized to each other if one of them did anything wrong to the other.

In a spur of a moment, Gong Myung lightly kissed her on the lips to show his appreciation towards her. He prayed that their relationship lasted in the long run because he didn’t think he was this happy as much as he was at the current moment.

That night when she had fallen asleep, he whispered in her ear the three little words that he was too shy to say to her. It’s not that he didn’t feel the same way but it just caught him off guard every time she uttered those words to him. She’s definitely the more expressive of the two.

Maybe its time for him to change that from now. Every night he would say the words to her whenever she’s sleep.

Moments later he dozed off himself, holding her in her arms.

Unbeknown to him, Hye Sung had heard him but pretended to be asleep. She nearly jumped out of the bed to smother him with kisses but held herself back. She cracked one eye opened to make sure he was asleep before snuggling more to his side.

“I love you too.” She whispered back before closing her eyes again.