The start of everything.

He WAS just a replacement

I remember it well. It was Sophmore year, in english class. We had an assignment to analyze Shakespeare's text and present our view on it. I didn't have many friends so I looked around and saw a girl sitting alone. Since she was near my seat, we made eye contact and became a group. She then invited another classmate who also didn't seem to have a group. I consider both of them just another two classmate. We did our assignments and when it came to the time that we have to present, I started getting nervous. I presented my view, the girl presented her view, then it was the other classmate's turn. I don't really remember his name but I do know that he seems quite quiet. When it was his turn to present, the first thing that came out was a voice crack. I smiled, and he chuckled. I was intrigued that someone shared my same nervousness. He changed my view of him. He went from a classmate to someone that I can relate with. This made me become more interested in him. Not only did this even change my view of him, it also changed the way my heart viewed him. My heart started moving towards him. Whenever I am at school, I look for him. It didn't matter whether a he's in my other classes or not, I unconciously search for him everywhere. I yearn  for him. Everyday, my mind fills up with him, everything changed. 

I learned that his name was Sehun, Oh Sehun. I learned who his friends were, where he usually sits, what he does when he's bored, what he does when he's shy. I basically studied him so well, I would know of his presence even without looking around.  After that little incident with his voice crack, I didn't really get a chance to talk to him anymore that year. 

After our winter break, something changed. He got a haircut. I have always knew of his handsomeness but after his haircut, his handsomeness couldn't be hidden. They started approaching him, starting conversations with him. He got very popular. He even has his own crew now called Exo-k.  I felt depeleted. Soon enough, what I feared happened. He got a girlfriend. His girlfriend was the other girl that did the presentation with us. Her name was Park Bom. Now that I look at it, she was very pretty. She can speak french , Korean, and English fluently . She was a top student. After winter break, not only did Sehun become popular, Bom also became popular.  She has her own group called 2NE1, which consisted of all the prettiest girls in school. My self esteem dropped to its lowest, knowing that I have no chance of competing for Sehun. 

While I watch them have their sweet time, I felt my heart drop. It drops everytime I see him, everytime I hear of his name come out of another girl's mouth about the confession that they had just made. It made my heart drop. My academics started suffering because during class times, I would find it hard not to think about him, how he's doing, what he's doing, if he's with his girlfriend... my mind wandered to him. 

I noticed the feeling I'd been feeling lately and it made me feel sad. When our Sophomore year came to an end, I decided to focus my attention to someone else. I felt that someone else would be able to at least keep my mind off of Sehun. His name is Suho. He had curly hair and speaks a lot in class. He is the total opposite of Sehun but I felt that he would be the perfect candidate for my new crush. With this decision, my new journey with Suho began.