Chapter 12- Misunderstanding

The Start of Fate

2 Weeks Later~ 

Bom's POV: 

"Yah! Park Bom!" I hear Chaerin yell out my name. 

"What?!" I reply. 

"Are you just going to sit and stare at your ring again even if you have corn on your plate?" Chaerin responds mockingly while having breakfast together. 

"Sorry! I was just thinking about something." I respond thinking about Mark again... 

"Or someone you mean?" she asks raising her eyebrow. 

"Whatever, make fun of me however you want." I reply not really caring at the moment. 

"Geez, I"m just joking. No need to take it so seriously." Chaerin says and raises her hands up. 

"Oh yeah by the way are you coming tonight?" she asks and continues to eat her breakfast. 

"What's tonight? Someone's birthday?!" I asked slightly panicking since I haven't been caring about anything else except him these days.

"Uh... no, we're all going to Club Kiss tonight so the girls can finally meet Jiyong. He's bringing his friends to so you should go and see what kind of friends he has." CL says wiggling her eyebrows. 

"Are you guys planning a secret blind date for me or something?" I ask raising my voice. 

"Unlike you it was the girls' idea and they told me to tell him to bring some boys, not my fault okay?" she replies which made me feel bad for accusing her. 

"Okay sorry! But I might have a meeting into the night or something so I'll keep you posted." I say while checking my watch worried that I might be late for a morning meeting. 

"Shoot I have to go or else I'll be late for a meeting! Bye! Love you!" I say rushing towards the door. 

"Bye! We're heading out at 10 by the way!" she says as her voice disappears since I've already reached the garage. 

At the office: 

"Good morning Miss!" my new secretary Sunmi greets me as I arrive at the door. 

"Good morning Sunmi! Remember what I said? Just call me unnie! I know today's only your second day, but I want you to feel like you're at home since we see each other so frequently so unless we're at a meeting or some important even just call me unnie okay?" I say to her with a smile. 

"Neh unnie. Here's your schedule for today, and the first meeting of the day is in 30 minutes." she says while I feel relieved she stopped calling me miss. 

"Thanks for the heads up! I can always count on you." I say noticing how hard she works even if it's only her second day. 

"Oh yeah, by the way there's an unknown number who keeps calling our department and looking for you. What do you want me to do?" she asks.

Could it be Mark!?! Did he finally figure it out?? As I those thoughts keep popping in my head.

"Just direct the call to my phone line if he calls back." I quickly reply.

"How do you know it was a guy?" she ask looking and sounding surprised.

Shoot! Good job for making it obvious Park Bom.

"Lucky guess haha." I say feeling stupid for saying that.

"Can you go to the conference room to set up the files we'll be using for todays meeting?" I ask her so I could quickly cover up that stupid answer I gave her.

"Of course!" she replies and quickly ran off to the conference room.

I just entered my office shortly and place my purse and coat on the hanger and proceeds to walk to me desk 9:45, I guess I should look over the documents for the remaining 15 minutes. Just right when I open the file, there's a knock on my door.

"Unnie, the files are all set up and ready to go, but the guy called again and I directed the call to your line." says Sunmi while my phone starts ringing.

"Thank you, you can go out now." Sunmi leaves as I answer the phone while taking a deep breath.

"Hello." I answer hoping to hear that deep husky voice Mark has.

"Hello, is this Park Bom-shi?" to my disappointment it was a deep voice but it wasn't the one I was hoping for.

"Yes this is Park Bom. Can I ask who this is?" I reply even though I'm disappointed.

"You probably don't remember me, but I'm Kim Jaejoong, One of your mother's friend's son." he says. 

"Oh auntie Inna's son?" I ask slighty starting to remember. 

"Yes! I'm surprised you still remember. I was actually calling to see if you have time for lunch today, because I found one of your earrings at the venue from the party a couple weeks ago." he says sounding quite happy I remember him. 

"Oh I did? Uhm sure what time?" I ask surprised since I don't remember losing an earring. 

"Does 12:30 sound good?" he asks.

"12:30 sounds good." I reply. 

"Okay we'll just meet at the restaurant at the corner of your company's block." he says which was fine by me. 

"Okay, that sounds good. I'll see you then. Sorry, but I have a meeting starting in a few minutes so I'll see you later. Bye!" I say and quickly hang up before he could say anything else. I feel bad but the meeting is going to start soon so I should start heading to the room since I hate being late. 

Lunch Time: 

The meeting finally ended! Thank goodness, the meeting was dragged on for so long but I'm grateful it's finally over. Not forgetting about lunch, I look down at my watch and it's 12:20. I decide to take a walk since it's just right around the corner. I walk to the doorway to gather my coat and purse from the coat hanger. 

"Sunmi-ah I won't be eating lunch here today do you don't have to order anything for me." I tell Sunmi and see her nod

"Bye guys, thanks to you guys, the meeting was long but it went well. I personally thank each and one of you for putting your effort and ideas into the proposal. I'll treat all of you guys to lunch next time, so have a good lunch today don't eat too much instant stuff. I should get going now. Lunch will be extended for 30 mintues!" I tell everyone and all of them show their smile and thanking me. I never forget to thank them since they're all such hard workers. WIth that I walk quite fast out the office since I hate being late. 

It didn't take too long before I reach the restuarant and enter the door. I get greeted by the hostess with the smile. I was just about to say table for two until I feel an arm wrapping my waist. 

"She's with me." I hear a man say, I turn my head and Jaejoong-shi is right beside me. I'm quite surprised with the sudden skinship. I smile and follow the hostess to a table with his arms still around my waist. Once we reach the table, he pulls out the chair for me like a gentleman. 

"Thank you." I say and smile as I finally say something. 

"Sorry for calling you so randomly, but I've tried a few times and I heard you went to Franceand tried again but they said you had to be the one to accept  the call first. To be honest I thought you were ignoring me." he says looking quite hurt but surprises me of his straight forwardness.

"No! I wasn't ignoring you. I was in charge of a project in France so I had to personally fly there to revise a contract. I only cameback like two weeks ago and only heard about your calls today. I'm so sorry about that." I say feeling guilty.

"Ah." he says finally looking a bit relieved.

"Why don't we look at the menu and start ordering something first?" he says as the atmosphere is getting awkward and hands me a menu.

I nod and grab the menu. I start browsing thought it, but I feel him staring at me so I look up and he looks down shortly after with his cheeks turning red. He's pretty cute I thought to myself. The waitress comes shortly after. 

"Are you guys ready to order?" she asks. 

We both nod in unison. 

"I would like a club sandwish." I say. 

"And I would like a club salad." Jaejoong says with a smile while the waitress tries to hide her blushes. 

"What would you like to drink?" the waitress asks. 

"Uhm a strawberry green tea with less sugar please." I say. 

"Black coffee please." he says. 

"Okay I'll be right back with your orders." she says and takes our menu and bows. 

"DId you say youo have one of my earrings?" I ask once the waitress is gone. 

"Oh yes I have it." he says and digs thought his suit pocket. 

"Here it is." he says and hands it to me. 

I take it and realize which one it is. That's weird I thought to myself. It's the one my mom gave me to wear on my weeding so it's impossible that I wore this to the event. I look at him weirdly. 

"Sorry, but where did you find this?" I ask him. 

"Judging by your look, it seems like you already know I'm lying." he answers while looking down. 

"Well yes, my mom gave me that to wear on my wedding day and I've never touched it since then... I'm wondering how do you have it?" I ask seeing him facepalm himself I couldn't help but let out a chuckle. 

"Don't worry I'm not mad I'm just surprised." I reassure him so he would just tell the truth. 

"To be honest, I asked my mom to take something from your room when she went to visit aunt Eunhye. I thought with that I can use that as an excuse to meet you. I hope you're not mad at me." he says looking sorry. 

I personally can't believe he went through all that just to get my earring to meet me, but I guess it's sweet of him I thought in my head. 

"Why didn't you just call me up or something?" I ask. 

"Well when I first saw you. I already thought you're like super pretty so I wanted to have a change to meet you alone.." he says looking embarrassed. 

"Oh I see" I respond finding the situation getting extremely awkward. 

"Hi, I'm sorry for interrupting but here are your drinks and orders." the waitress says finally breaking the awkward atmoosphere around us. 

"If there's anything else you guys would like you can just call me over." the waitress says after placing our orders in front of us and leaves after bowing politely. 

After the waitress left, the atmospere becomes award again. 

"Since the food arrived why don't we just dig in?" he suggests trying to break the awkwardness. 

I nob and pick up my utensils and start eating the meal. After we start to dig in, I notice him staring at me again so I look up and decide to break this awkward atmosphere so I stick out my hand. 

"Since we kind of got off on the wrong start why don't we just start over again? My name is Park Bom, nice to meet you." I say 

"My name is Kim Jaejoong, nice to meet you." he says and extends his hand to shake mine while smiling. 

After ending the awkwardness we just continue to eat and chat normally. 

"Sorry if you don't mind me asking, when were you born?" he asks. 

"March 24, 1989. What about you?" I ask him back.

"January 26, 1988. Oh you're younger than me." he says almost smirking. 

"I am, should I call you oppa then?" I ask trying to create a friendly atmospere. 

"If you don't mind that..." he replies shyly while gulping down his coffee. 

"Neh oppa." I say and raise my cup up for a toast to a new friendship. 

I see him smile back and raise his cup. We continue to eat however I start to notice the table sitting next to us with a camera facing us and when they start to notice me staring at them, they quickly take the camera off the table and look away. 

"Oppa, I think the table next to us is acting a little weird. They had a camera on us..." I say. 

"Really? Maybe they're reporters." he replies without a care and continues to eat. 

"Why would the reporters be following us? We're not even celebraties." I say since I hate being photographed. 

"We're not exactly celebraties, but we're pretty famous chaebols and plus you're a good looking girl and I'm a good looking guy so I say it's natural for them to be following us." he explains.

"I guess you're right." I reply and look down at my watch since I've been out for a while now.  

"It's already 1:23, I should get going since I still have some proposals for work on." I say, I know lunch is extended but I still need to finish up some proposals since I promised Chae I would go to the club with the girls tonight. I raise my hand to get the waitress to notice me.

"Did you guys need something?" the waitress asks and walks to our table.

"No we're good, but can we get the check?" I say and was about to take out my wallet when I see Jaejoong already handing his credit card to the waitress.

"Thank you, I'll be right back." she says and walks to the nearest cash register.

"Don't worry about it, it was me who asked you to come with me so I should be the one paying not you." he explains before I could even say anything.

"Then thanks for the meal, oppa. I'll for the next one then." I reply with a smile.

"Here is your check, now if you can sign here. Thank you so much and please enjoy the rest of your day." the waitress says and walks away with our empty plates.

"So that means you're going to eat with me again?" he asks eagerly.

"Maybe if we have more time in the future." I say as we get up and head out for the exit.

"DId you drive here?" he asks just when we reach the doors of the resturant.

"No I walked since it's only a 5 minute walking distance at most." I reply.

"Why don't I drop you off since it's on the way to where I'm heading." he suggests.

"No it's fine, I'll just walk but thanks for the offer." I say since he already paid for the meal I'll feel even worse if he gave me a ride as well.

"Don't worry about feeling bad! It's totally not a hassle for me and besides it's already 1:26 you don't want to be late right?" he says as he places his watch in front of me so I can tell the time.

"Okay.. I guess but thank you again." I say,

He opens his car door for me like a gentleman and walks to the other side and starts the car. We ddin't talk much since both of us knew the ride would be short. Soon enough, we reach the entrance to the company.

"Thank you so much for the meal and the ride." I say. Just before I reach the handle of the car door.

"Thanks for hanging out with me." he says with a smile as I leave the car.

I wave goodbye and waits for him to leave before entering the building. I arrive at my office and just like this morning, I have to prepare some documents for another upcoming meeting tonight.

Seunghyun's POV: 

"Yah! Seunghyun wake up! It's time for work! You promised your dad you'll start working again today! He already gave you half the day off and you're still sleeping!" I hear my mom yelling at me. 

" Don't worry I don't even have to be there until 2:00" I tell her as I start to get up from my sleeping position.

"Really? Then why is your alarm ringing so loudly when it's only 1? You never get up this early." she asks with a confused face.

"So I can eat brunch with you umma." I say and give her the cheesiest smile I can.

"Aigoo~ you're so cheesy! Alright go get ready then! I'll ask Gummy to prepare your favorite." my mom says

"Okay," I reply and get out of my bed and head to the restroom.

About 30 minutes or so I go down stairs to the breakfast bar to see my favorite banana waffles on the counter and my mom with her laptop.

"What are you so into that you didn't even notice me coming down?" I ask.

"Hyunie when did you come down?" my mom asks and I give her the stare bascially meaning you see what I mean.

"A while ago, but you were so focused on your computer you didn't even notice me." I say with a pout.

"Do you remember the girl I set up a blind date for you?" she finally looks away from her computer.

"Don't tell me you're still upset with that." I ask since it's been quite awhile by now.

"No of course not. I don't hold grudges you know. I'm just quite sad since she's been seeing my other's friend son. She is such a perfect contender for my daughter-in-law. She's beautiful, nice, caring, and most of all she helps her father out with the company willingly unlike you!" she replies and basically continues bragging about that girl while I continue to eat.

"Really? Well I can't see her beauty if you're only showing it to youreself!" I answer.

"Oh! Are you interested?" she says while making her voice a little higher and raising her eyebrow which moving the position of her laptop to face me.

I start reading from the top while continueing to eat at the same time.

[Breaking]

Famous Chaebols: CEO of Park Enterprise's Daughter, Park Bom and CEO of Kim Holdings Son, Kim Jaejoong are dating. 

Our reporters say the two eating at a resturant nearby Park Enterprise while giggling and talking. It seems like Kim Jaejoong also handed something to her in the middle of their lunch. That really gets people curious doesn't it? Unfortunatly we didn't get a closeup as to what he gave her. Well it seems like they're just in their first stages of dating since they haven't showed any sign of skinship. However, being the gentleman he is he drove her back to the company. Check out the photos below because they look like a cute couple. Comment down below if you think they're a cute couple also. 

I read all that and scroll lower to look at the pictures. When I scroll low enough to see the pictures, I unknowingly drop my fork creating a loud sound as it crashes against the plate. 

"Shes jaw-dropping beautiful isn't she? In your case fork-dropping." my mom says sarcastically and laughs. 

It's her... I thought in my head and look down at my finger since I'm still wearing the ring she gave me ever since that day. I start to get angry and immediately take the ring off my finger and slam it down on the counter. I leave for the garage to get my car. I'm in need of a drive right now to clear my head.

"Yah! Seunghyun where are you going??" I hear my mom scream before I close the door and enter my car.

 The End 

Hello reader! Thanks for much for reading all the way to the end of the chapter! It's quite a long one in my opinion xD. I'm finally back! I'm pretty sure some of you have forgotten the storyline since it's been quite a while I just wanted to say I'm sorry! )': Anyways... Seunghyun's finally back from France but the first thing he saw was a picture of Bom out on a date with Jaejoong what will he do?! Will they finally meet each other? Find out in the next chapter! 

p.s Chaebols mean "A conglomerate of businesses, usually owned by a single family, especially in Korea." definition is from The Free Dictionary.