fin.

Lasagna

Hyojin and Solji had been together since high school. Now they were well into their twenties and expecting their first child. Hyojin was always looking after Solji, making sure she didn't have to do anything she didn't need to do. Hyojin was the best girlfriend, she worked for the two of them and did everything, so Solji told her to go out for the night with Hani, Junghwa, and Hyelin. At first Hyojin didn't want to go, but Solji pretty much forced her out of the door and straight into Hani's arms.

"Have fun! Don't get too drunk! Make sure she gets home safe!" Solji said to the group.

"You stay safe too! Don't bend over or you'll fall and we'll have to come back and pick you up off the floor!" Junghwa yelled as they all disappeared into the street.

Solji ended up settling on the couch watching a drama.

 

Meanwhile, Hyojin and the others were in a club. Hani was literally pouring drinks down everyone's throats and Junghwa couldn't even stand up.

Eventually, Hyelin made everyone walk (or stumble) over to the dancefloor where they stayed for a while, singing and dancing. Then they had more drinks, then more dancing came. This went on for a few hours before even Hyojin was having difficulty standing, and  Hyojin was good at drinking. That's when she decided to call it a night and ship everyone off back home in taxis.

They ended up stood outside the club waiting and Hyojin was looking at her phone. She ended up on Solji's profile, and she saw a picture. It was an ultrasound of their baby, but to a very drunk Hyojin it looked like something else. So, she began to type.

That lasagna looks crisp.

 

Ping!

Solji looked at her phone.

Ahn Hyojin commented on your post.

So Hyojin was on her phone, probably worrying about Solji when she was supposed to be out having fun.

That lasagna looks crisp.

Solji stared at the screen for a moment, wanting to find Hyojin wherever she was and smack her.

That's our daughter. Solji typed back furiously.

Solji then went to her texts and started typing.

 

Ping!

Hyojin took her phone out of her pocket, squinting hard at the screen. It was a huge paragraph from Solji.

"Ooh! Let me read!" Hani squealed, tugging the phone out of  Hyojin's hands. "It's from Sol-- Oh god, Hyojin, what did you do?"

"What did I do? What does it say?" Hyojin frowned, trying to take the phone back, but Hani wouldn't let her.

"How dare you call our daughter lasagna, I know I told you to go out and have fun but  I didn't mean get absolutely smashed, are you out of your mind? Everyone's going to see that now, all of our friends, you're such an idiot and I will be having words with you once you're sober. I can't believe you." Hani instantly burst into laughter. "You called your daughter lasagna, I can't BREATHE!"

They pulled up outside of Hyojin's house, so Hani gave her phone back.

"Good luck, I hope she doesn't kill you." Hani laughed before Hyojin got out and the car drove off.

Hyojin grumbled to herself as she stumbled up the steps, trying not to fall over. She eventually made it to the door, and Solji was already there.

"Go to bed and give me your phone." She hissed as she pulled Hyojin inside. "You're so stupid."

Hyojin, clearly too drunk to even try and talk to a very angry Solji, just handed her phone over before she stumbled off into the bedroom, collapsed on the bed and fell asleep.

Solji went back to the couch, unlocking Hyojin's phone with her passcode, the date they began their relationship, went straight to Facebook and deleted the lasagna comment. But it was too late, because Hani had already posted it in their group chat and the others were laughing.

Hani: ING LASAGNA BABY

Junghwa: I CANTB ERH EAHT

Hyelin: JDSJKFF SDFSJDIOFJSDF LASANGAN LOOS KCRISP I'M CHOKING

Hyojin: Hyojin's grounded.

Hani: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF IS THAT SOLJI I AM SO SORRY

Solji put Hyojin's phone down and turned it off before turning all the lights off and going to the bedroom to sort  Hyojin out. She carefully undressed the other girl and put her in a comfy shirt before laying her down carefully under the covers, then she went to retrieve a bucket, then she got a glass of water and some painkillers and left them on the bedside table before she climbed in next to Hyojin.

 

Hyojin woke up the next morning with a terrible headache. Solji was nowhere to be seen. She looked around and saw the painkillers and water, so she took them and drank the whole glass before going to the bathroom to brush her teeth, then she went out to the living room where Solji was sat.

"Solji...?" Hyojin started.

Solji turned around before patting the seat next to her. "Sit."

Hyojin approached slowly and sat down. "Are you--"

"I'm mad." Solji said. "So you're grounded."

"Grounded?" Hyojin laughed. "I'm not twelve, Solji."

"You called our daughter lasagna." Solji frowned.

"Oh... Yeah... I vaguely remember that happening. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." Hyojin mumbled, before looking down at Solji's baby bump. "Can I apologise to her too?"

Solji nodded. "Go ahead."

Hyojin leant down and kissed the bump. "Hi baby. I'm sorry for calling you lasagna. I didn't mean to. I won't ever do it again. You're not lasagna, I promise. You're beautiful." She lifted her head again and looked up at Solji. "Am I forgiven?"

Solji paused for a moment before nodding. "You're forgiven."

Hyojin smiled before shuffling closer to wrap her arms around Solji tightly. "Thanks, I love you."

"I love you too, but you should go shower. You were too heavy to carry to the shower last night." Solji said.

 

Later that day, Hani came to visit.

"Hi Hani. Hyojin's in bed. She isn't feeling too good." Solji said as she let Hani in.

"Oh, I know. It wasn't even that much alcohol though, she's clearly gone weak in her old age." Hani laughed as she sat down on the couch with Solji. "So, how are you? Did you yell at her real bad? I can't believe she called your daughter--" Hani stopped to laugh, she attempted to speak again but the laughter became too much.

"...Lasagna." Solji eventually said once Hani had stopped laughing, which only made her laugh more until she had to run off to the bathroom to throw up, the alcohol seeming to still have an effect on her despite her not seeming too bothered.

Eventually Hani left, but that wasn't without Solji taking her phone to post on the group chat to tell everyone to stop laughing about the lasagna thing. But they never really did.

 

In fact, Hyojin was never allowed to forget about calling her daughter lasagna.