Summer Break

Why Do I feel Like This?

I was a little nervous and scared after handing in my final exam, I wasn't exactly the smartest but I wasn't dumb either.

"MinMin!" A voice came behind me loudly breaking the pleasant silence.

"Oh, Wonho you scared me!" Wonho came up beside me and sat on the chair in front of me ignoring the school rule that clearly states  "no sitting in chairs backwards" I honestly felt annoyed from the stupid rule until Wonho broke my train of thought.

"So....How do you think you did?" He looked at me curiously, but I can see through his barrier that he was about to be killed by his father after handing him the scores. 

"I honestly am doubting myself after that last question asking what the square root of 3." Wonho stared back with regret of ever handing the exam in to the teacher who had a perfect round stomach making it look like he was pregnant with triplets. 

"I know how you feel." He patted my shoulder lightly and got up walking towards his other group of friends who were almost crying about what their parents would do to them. It wasn't like that that for me since my father is practically never home and when he is, he's drinking. The teacher with the triplets came up to the front of the class glaring at Wonho and his friends for being loud, well that's what I'm guessing. Wonho quickly moved away from his friends and sat at his desk that was in the very back with a grunt escaping his lips. 

"Please go back to your seats. I want to thank you for all your hard work and not fooling around after passing in exams, espeically Minhyuk who was silent and didn't get up from his seat."

I felt intense stares eating at my soul, but I ingored it and continued listening to the teacher with triplets. 

"Now, the rest of the school day will be normal and I will not tolerate anyone yelling or screaming in the halls. Instant detention, do you understand?" Everyone nodded with almost fear from how loud his voice had came from his usual chill and layed back tone. "Please stay seated until the bell and you can have quiet small talk, but if it gets too loud then no talking at all." The teacher with triplets slowly walked to his desk in the corner front of the room and took his Harry  Potter looking spectacles off, leaving them hanging from the string around his neck. In return I quickly gathered my things and shoved my note from Wonho into my notebook, the note had contained on "how do you feel" and "I hate this teacher! I mean he looks pregnant. I nearly don't understand on why he likes you so much?" I had answered back "I guess he thinks I'm smart unlike you all. Watch and learn." My response was blunt, but with sarcasm in my tone to make him crack a smile that made the teacher with triplets glare at him and watch him throughout the class with suspicion. I looked back at Wonho who was bitting at his finger nails, I cringed with the sight. The thing that I always hated witnessing is when people bite their nails all the way to the nubs of their fingers and continuing biting at them until they bleed. Every time I caught some one doing that I would avert my eyes and have this weird cringy and tinggley sesation start up my spine. I was teased by Wonho about my nails that were long and I always return back saying "It's better then having none, unlike you." That solid burn would always get him and he would instantly get annoyed which made me smile to myself. Wonho was close to my father because his parents worked at my father's bussiness, I've met Wonho's parents once and it was only a quick share of smiles and "nice seeing you" that was pretty much it. The bell rang louldy taking me back to reality and my body quickly jolted up from the seat by my normal reaction to the bell. Hyungwon quickly caught up to me which surprised me since I was being mobbed by all the students trying to get out of the door at once.

"Hey! Minhyuk what are you doing later today?" A mischevious smile crossed his face making me regret my life.

"I was planning on sleeping, why?" I had to put the "why" in there because he would always just throw in the stupidest responses about "you're supposed to ask me ~why~ when I ask these type of things." 

"Since today is our last day of highschool as a senior, I decided to throw a party ~and~ wanted you to be there." Hyungwon had placed his arm on shoulder and had his hand out in front of us trying to paint out the imagine that he was trying to put in my head, but it didn't work.

"No, I have to go home since my father told me he wanted to talk about something serious." I just remembered that my father had told me he wanted to talk to me when I got home from school, I was a little surprised by how I just blurted that out without having thoughts about it. Hyungwon pouted and took his arm away from my shoulder weakly like he had just lost all his strength. I felt relieved from having the conversation over, Hyungwon wasn't tbe type to tell secrets to. There were rumors going around just a few weeks ago that he was dating some guy who was 10 years older than him, I felt disgusted from the thought and quickly pushed it away. The rest of the day went by quickly, students stilled glared at me for being the "class pet" and always getting complemented by the teachers. It wasn't my fault that teachers loved me, even my cousin glares at me since he goes to the same school. Only with him is I can beat him and not get in trouble because we are related, well not in front of teachers. I walked down the halls with a bright smile crossing my before suicidal expression because I hated school, today was the last day and the day was over. Hyungwon stood at the exit with his group of friends, the group was known for being the "rich party animals" and that one was agreeable. I decided to just take another exit where the geeks normally chilled at, Wonho was surprisingly talking to them with a bright smile.

"What are you doing over here?" Wonho quickly turned his attention towards me and cheekily smiled, I smiled back curiously.

"I was just asking about what college they're inrolling in, about that. What are doing after college, you never told me about what you wanted to be." The geeks looked at me curiously for my answer, I felt bad for saying I wanted to be an artist because everyone thought I was gonna be the next president.

"I'm not sure, it's pretty much up to my father and you know how he is." Always wanting me to work in his company and I never was interested from the first time I breathed in oxygen. It made me a little irritated for having to think of that, my father making my future and making me one of his stupid pons to make his bussiness more "sufficent." That's what he always told me whenever he brang up his bussiness and telling me "son the day is coming and I want you to take in my position when I retire." I memorized that from the millions of times he told me, he practically told me that line everytime I woke up, got out of the shower, came home from school, went to the kitchen for food, to the bathroom. Anywhere you could think of he said that line to me, I let out a sigh and forgot that Wonho and the geeks were in front of me.

"Sorry, I just spaced out for a few moments. I gotta go, catch you later Wonho." The geeks moved out of the way quickly and I nodded with the nice action, the wind hit me hard making me choke on my breath for a few seconds before restoring it. The sun was out and shining through the beautiful pink colored leaves, it was spring which meant the saucer magnolia had bloomed already. There were small groups of people hugging and waving bye, I thought I almost saw one crying. Everything hit me like a brick, I had graduated from highschool and this is my last day at this school that I have been at for four years. It made me cringe, but this place was almost like a second home to me. Yeah, I did sometimes sit in the bathroom and cry because of my stupid father and him giving away my dog. Max, he was everything to me and I loved him more than my cold hearted father. A loud engine flew towards me making me snap out of my trance, I instantly recognized the customized lamborgini that almost looked like it was from the future. 

"Hurry and get it in before your dad kills me." Tom was our butler, he never acted like one because he had been working with my father for 25 years. Whenever dad got mad at Tom, Tom would hit him roughly which I found funny. I entered the car quickly and before I even shut the door he drove off quuickly.

"You should've atleast waited, I could've fallen out and die." Buckling myself in Tom kept his attention on the road as he swerved and passed other slow cars, grey hair was starting to grow through the pitch black hair, his lips were small but full at the same time, he was wearing a black suit with a red tie, I never got a time to really look at his features. Turning my gaze over to the window I start to think of why he was in such of a rush, Tom is usually late when picking me up so this might be something urgent. 

"Why are you in such of a rush?" Keeping my eyes out the window while waiting for his response, a few seconds passed and I started to get impatient.

"Tom-" He cut me off sharply with a blunt response.

"Your father wanted me to hurry up and bring you to him since he wanted to talk to you about something important, I guess." His voice trailed off as the engine cut away the rest, my mind took a few seconds to collect the information that was just given. My father wanted to talk to me about something important? I'm kinda scared because it might be a job position or something worse, did I do something to get him angry and also make Tom go over the speed limit? The car rouhgly hulted at the driveway, my eyes widdened with the sight of how many expensive cars there were in the drive way, or may I say parking lot. Tom got out of the car first and quickly made it over to my side.

"Come on, you have to hurry." Tom grabbed my bag and books from my lap, I sat dumbfounded on what was going on in my house and why there were so much people here. Shutting the door behind me I walk up the stairs to the entrance to be greeted by a crowd of people who looked like they were wearing expansive suits and dresses. The sun glared on one of the necklaces pratically blinding me.