1/1

Cliché

"CHANYEOL"

 

 

Sehun, one of Chanyeol's friends choked on his juice.

 

 

"PARK CHANYEOL"

 

 

Jongin, another one of his friends laughs boisterously.

 

 

The owner of the voice arrives at their table panting but still manages to pull off a blinding smile.

 

 

"Hello Chanyeol! I've bought some of your favorite cookies. Here!" he offers a box to Chanyeol with both of his hands.

 

 

However, a guy, still one of Chanyeol's friends gets it instead. "Thank you, Baekhyunnie"

 

 

"Yah! That's for Chanyeol." the brunet, Baekhyun, pouted at Jongdae.

 

 

Jongdae opens the box getting some of the cookies and ate them instead.

 

Meanwhile Jongin and Sehun also gets some while arguing.

 

 

Chanyeol, on the other hand, just looks at his friends with his lips forming a thin line.

 

 

"You all should give Chanyeol too, that's for him!" Baekhyun says while pouting once again.

 

Jongdae, Jongin, and Sehun are busy munching but Chanyeol says in a loud dictating voice. "Stop pouting, idiot!"

 

 

He stands up while leaving a shock Baekhyun together with Chanyeol's friends.

 

 

 

 

"What a jerk" Kyungsoo, Baekhyun's best friend hisses as he saw what happened earlier.

 

 

The brunet sighs, as he sits down on his seat "He must have a bad day, Soo."

 

The wide eye guy just rolls his eyes, clearly annoyed. "Hah! Bad day my . He really thinks so high of his self. He thinks he's handsome? Eew."

 

Baekhyun slaps his bestfriend's back. "Yah! He's handsome! Stop talking nonsense."

 

Kyungsoo laughs "He can't even hide his elf like ears, Baek."

 

"Why are you so mean to him?"

 

Kyungsoo shakes his head "What do you even like about him? Yes, he's smart but after that he's nothing but an ."

"You don't know anything behind that hard facáde he's showing, Soo."

 

Kyungsoo made a face clearly not getting what the brunet was saying.

 

 

 

 

Unknown to all, the cute, adorable Baekhyun who is loved by all was once a nerd.

 

 

"Hey nerd! Pick that up." A tall guy points his book which he intentionally threw away.

 

The poor brunet is terrified by how the bullies are looking at him.

 

"What? You are deaf now?" Another guy raises his brows smirking down at him.

 

"Hey nerdy Baekie, I said pick that up!" He shouted louder.

 

 

The brunet was about to crouch down but a hand was pulling him up.

 

 

"Why don't get that, Kris?" a deep voice is heard.

 

 

"C-Chanyeol-shi..."

Baekhyun looks at him baffled while the guy only stares at him while frowning.

 

 

"Oh, so you're protecting now your boyfriend?" Kris smirks at Chanyeol while walking closer.

 

"I didn't know you are disabled now. You can't crouch down?" Chanyeol ignored his retreat.

 

Kris clenched his jaw ready to talk back but Chanyeol is now turning his back ready to leave while dragging the brunet with him.

 

"T-thank you, Chanyeol-shi"

 

The taller only rolled his eyes leaving him.

 

 

 

Since that day on, Baekhyun did his best to look presentable. He liked Chanyeol even before that incident happen but he only got the courage to tell him when he was already transformed into the Baekhyun he is now.

 

 

From thick glasses to contact lens, from checkered polos to t-shirts, hoodies or even leather jackets, from slacks to tight jeans.

 

 

One can say that he is now considered as the heartbreaker prince.

 

Either girls or even boys want him but he only wants Park Chanyeol.

 

 

 

"Chanyeol! Chanyeol wait!" Baekhyun runs as fast as he could just to reach the taller.

 

Chanyeol stops walking and looks at him, annoyed. "What do you want, idiot?"

 

"Uhm...I heard you were running a fever so I bought you medicine. I also noticed that you keep on sneezing so I also bought you lemon juice but you aren't wearing thick clothes so I brought with me a hoodie, I hope it would fit you though." Baekhyun smiles at him while lending him the things he just said earlier.

 

"Oho! Hi Baekhyunnie! Are those for Chanyeol?" Jongin puts an arm around Baekhyun while patting his head.

 

"Yah! You're ruining my hair!"

 

"Oh sorry! You still look cute though" Jongin looks at him while smiling.

 

Baekhyun slaps his arm "Stop smiling, you look so creepy"

 

Jongin pretends to be hurt putting his hand on his chest. "You're so meanie" He pouted at him.

 

They both laughed but that didn't last for long.

 

 

"Are you both done now? If you're flirting, don't do it in the hallway." Chanyeol looks at them while clenching his jaw.

 

"It's-

 

The poor brunet never gets to finish his statement as the taller walks away.

 

Jongin was close to laughing but he tries his best not to. "Ah, Baekhyunie, give me those, I'll lend it to him."

 

"Thank you Kim Kai!"

"Yah!" the brunet laughs again shooing Jongin away.

 

"Hi Baekhyun!" A cute guy with dimples greeted the brunet as he enters his room.

 

"Oh, Yixing-shi"

 

"Aish, I told you to just call me Yixing-ge"

 

They were busy talking but suddenly a voice interrupted them.

 

"Will you both get out of my way?" Chanyeol says not showing any expressions on his face.

 

 

"Oh, Sorry!" Yixing moves on his side giving them a way.

 

Baekhyun looks at Sehun making some funny faces. Meanwhile Jongin just smiled mysteriously.

 

 

"Hyung" Sehun whispers to Chanyeol but the latter won't listen to him.

 

"Hyung!" the younger nudged at him.

 

Chanyeol sighs annoyingly and looks up to him "What?!"

 

"I heard Yixing is making some moves to Baekhyunnie. I mean, everyone knows he likes him but according to Junmyeon hyung he's asking him now to a date."

 

Chanyeol stares at him, bored. "So?"

 

"Uh, well. This time, he might court Baekhyunnie now-

 

Chanyeol puts his pen down with a loud bang "Will you stop calling him Baekhyunnie?"

 

"B-but Jongin is calling him that way too." Sehun looks up to him innocently.

 

"Shut up!"

 

Jongdae looks at them while munching some chips "Oh, someone is jealous. Jelly jelly Yeolie!" He sings it rather loudly.

 

While Chanyeol could only glare at him.

 

 

 

"I-I'm really sorry Yixing-ge but I can't" the brunet looks at him apologetically. He likes Yixing but he could only do it as a friend.

 

The latter smiled bitterly "It's Chanyeol, right?"

 

The brunet could only nod. "I'm really sorry."

 

"Don't be Baekhyun-ah, but can we still be friends?" the brunet looks up at him and smiled.

 

"Of course!"

 

 

The brunet arrived late for his scheduled meeting. Being a top student also caters a big responsibility.

 

 

He is the SC's Vice-president, after all.

 

"You're 15 minutes late." A commanding voice makes him halt on his step.

 

He looks up to him ready to explain but he is being interrupted again.

 

"Sit down, you are wasting time." Chanyeol rolled his eyes "Mr. Kim, kindly proceed now." the president signaled Junmyeon, their treasurer, to start their agenda.

 

 

Sehun offers a seat to the brunet "Hyung is really in a bad mood today." he patted his shoulder while giving him a small smile.

 

The brunet looks at him worriedly "Is he still sick?"

 

"Nah, he's now okay, Baekhyunnie. Thanks to your medicine."

 

 

 

The officers are very much busy for their upcoming event that they have to stay until night to prepare. Baekhyun keeps on yawning which earns a glare from Chanyeol.

 

"Will you stop yawning?" He looks at him annoyed.

 

Jongin, on the other hand, looks at the taller annoyed, defending Baekhyun. "Hyung, you can't control yawns, what the heck are you talking about?"

 

He turned to the brunet while patting him "Baekhyunnie, are you okay? You can go home now, you don't look well."

 

"Oh, I'm okay, Jongin-ah. I'm just really sleepy."

 

 

It was already 9 pm when they have done everything they needed for the day.

 

The brunet was ready to pack his things when his head is spinning uncontrollably. He unconsciously held Chanyeol on his arms but the latter pushed him away. Unfortunately for the brunet, he lost balance and collapsed losing his consciousness.

 

"What the is wrong with you, Chanyeol?!" Jongdae, who saw it all pushed the taller harshly, holding Baekhyun.

 

 

"Baekhyun! Baekhyun-ah!" Sehun panicked while Jongin carried Baekhyun to the clinic.

 

 

 

Arriving to the clinic, Jongin carefully lay down Baekhyun to the bed.

 

"He looks so pale Nurse Lee."

 

 

Outside of the room, Jongdae and Chanyeol are bantering.

 

"The guy is harmless. Why are you so harsh on him?!" The shorter is clearly annoyed. He can't control anymore on how the taller is treating Baekhyun.

 

 

"I didn't know he wasn't feeling well!" Chanyeol defended himself.

 

"Even when he is. You shouldn't have done it to him! I've had enough of this Chanyeol. Baekhyun likes you, what's so wrong with that?!" Jongdae palms his face.

 

 

"Hyung! Hyung! Please stop fighting." Sehun goes between them, just like a referee.

 

 

Unknown to them, the brunet was woken up by their loud voices.

 

"Oh Baekhyun, the guys are so loud, wait here. I'll stop them." however the brunet stops him.

 

"It's okay, Nurse Lee, but why am I here?"

 

 

 

"What's wrong?! That stupid little idiot is annoying!"

 

Baekhyun, even when he haven't heard their whole conversation knows that what was meant by that was him.

 

He knows who Chanyeol refers to.

 

"You know what?! You are so lucky a person like him is concerned to you. He is so selfless, he only thinks of you. I hope you'll regret soon, Hyung." Jongin was pissed too.

 

 

*

"Soo, Baekhyun passed out!" Jongin, who was courting Kyungsoo called him to tell what had happened to the brunet.

 

"What?! Damn that , I told him not to overwork tonight! He had not eaten anything this morning because he was so busy completing some paperworks. He was even sick but he had not taken any medicine because he gave it to your President! Ugh!"

 

"What?"

 

Kyungsoo sighed "He is too inlove, it's fustrating."

 

*

 

Chanyeol was dumbfounded by what Jongin told him. He gulped aiming to enter the clinic but was stopped by Jongdae.

 

"What do you think you're doing?"

 

The taller looks at him with his wide eyes "I-I'm getting inside."

 

Jongdae pushed him aside instead, not allowing the taller to come. "No, Chanyeol"

 

 

 

Baekhyun was crying silently. He doesn't know that it would hurt this much. He was already warned by them not to try so hard to win Chanyeol but he can't just help it.

 

 

He just loves him too much.

 

 

"Baek-

Nurse Lee was about to give him food but the brunet turned to the other side.

 

"I'm sleeping, Nurse Lee."

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun wakes up with a stomachache. He was about to get up when he felt that there is something...or maybe someone...on his hands.

 

He found Chanyeol sleeping beside his bed, slouching down just above his right hand.

 

After awhile, he sees Chanyeol stirs from his sleep.

 

"Baek-

 

"Why are you here?" The brunet throws him a cold stare but the taller didn't mind it.

 

"I was-

 

"You can go home now, Chanyeol." Baekhyun interrupts him again. He can't see him now.

 

The taller gulps looking at Baekhyun. "You need to eat first."

 

"Where's Nurse Lee?" The brunet whips his head left and right while Chanyeol only looks at him.

 

 

This feels like , Chanyeol thought.

 

 

He sighed. The taller stands up "I'm going to the cafeteria to get you food-

 

"Yixing-ge, I'm alright. Yes...No, it's okay. Ne..Annyeong." Baekhyun smiles at his phone.

 

The taller could only clench his jaw. "Baekhyun, I am getting you food."

 

 

Chanyeol insists on feeding him, though the shorter would shoo him away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo looks at him suspiciously. "What did you do to my Baekhyun?"

 

The brunet could only look at him with his brows furrowed.

 

Kyungsoo slaps the brunet's head making Chanyeol stand up.

 

"Ow!"

 

"What are you doing, Kyungsoo?!"

 

Kyungsoo looks baffled. "Did you perhaps exchange souls? Look, You stopped giving him stuffs and also you are clearly avoiding him, while You, Chanyeol, you keep on following Baekhyun now. Did I miss something?"

 

The taller moves closer while dragging Baekhyun behind him. "Who told you to slap his forehead like that?"

 

"Uh, Baekhyun? Are you two together now?" Kyungsoo asks a question instead rather than answering Chanyeol.

 

The brunet pull his arms away from Chanyeol, avoiding him.

 

The taller looks back at him only to be dumped, again. "Move away Chanyeol-shi"

 

The taller's jaw dropped hearing how the way the brunet called him with formality.

 

The two bestfriends walked away leaving him baffled.

 

 

 

"Look who gets dupmed again." Sehun laughs boisterously, throwing some insult to Chanyeol.

 

The taller could only glare at him "Will you shut up?"

 

"Seriously, hyung. What happened? I mean I thought you ALREADY hate him?"

 

Jongdae buts in "I told you losers. Chanyeol likes Baekhyun way before y'all know it, even until now. Duhh."

 

 

 

"Soo, I'm hungry!" Baekhyun stomps his feet while holding to Kyungsoo's arms like a child.

 

"Wait, Baek!"

 

 

Chanyeol, then arrived to give Baekhyun some snacks. "Baek, here. Eat." the shorter looks at him questioningly.

 

"No thanks."

 

"C'mon Baek. Eat this please." the students around them are watching like it is something like a movie.

 

The brunet rolled his eyes dragging Kyungsoo with him.

 

Chanyeol was left alone. Heartbroken.

 

 

Baekhyun was busy finishing his meal when Kyungsoo suddenly asked "Baek, what if Chanyeol will court you?"

 

The brunet choked on his food. He was startled by the question the owl-eyed guy threw at him

 

 

"Water! Water! Give me the damn water!" Chanyeol who happened to be sitting just behind them grabbed Sehun's bottled water and lent it to Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol was rubbing the brunet's back with a worried gaze.

 

Everyone was shocked to see their president being so concerned and worried for someone.

 

 

"Are you okay, Baek?" the brunet could only nod at him, surprised too of what the taller had done.

 

 

Baekhyun sighed as he arrives at his locker.

 

"Baek, can we talk?" the shorter jumps as he hears Chanyeol talk.

 

Baekhyun looks at him bored.

 

"I just wanted to apologize to what I did. I am truly sorry for pushing you away that time. Not just that night but also to other things that happened before." the brunet could see the sincerity that the taller is showing him but, no he won't fall for it.

 

 

 

"Are you finished now?" the taller gulped and his eyes reflects the feeling of pain and regret.

 

 

Baekhyun left without even glancing back at him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I think you are being too mean to him." the owl-eyed guy stares at him as they have taken a seat at the cafeteria.

 

"Oh, so you are now defending him?" the guy sighs. This isn't Baekhyun.

 

"Baek, the guy clearly is doing everything to atleast say he's sorry." He said as a matter of fact.

 

 

 

"He doesn't need to do that, Soo. He already said I'm annoying. Now, I'm giving a distance, I am leaving him alone...

 

 

 

 

"Baek! Baekhyun!"

Jongdae's loud voice echoed through the area.

 

"What?" the guy arrived, getting some air to breathe.

 

"C-chanyeol..

 

Baekhyun's eyes went wild. "What happened?!"

 

"W-we were practicing something and he injured himself." Baekhyun immediately ran to the clinic not minding the students and instead pushed them away.

 

 

He arrived meeting Jongin and Sehun. "I-is he alright? What happened?"

 

They sighed as the brunet is waiting for them to answer. "He has been pestering us to help him prepare something for you. I suggested that we could perform something for you. We had a practice earlier, then he got himself injured while dancing." Jongin explained everything he needs to be explained.

 

"We didn't know he's a terrible dancer." Sehun mumbled guiltily.

 

"Sehun!" Jongin scowled at him.

 

The brunet felt a lump on his throat "Why would he prepare something for me?"

 

They all said in unison "Chanyeol hyung loves you, Baekhyunnie."

 

He thought it was all a joke.

 

Jongdae sighed "I hope you still remember the day he saved you from Kris. He has long liked you Baek. He kept it to himself because he doesn't want to get rejected."

 

"That's impossible. I liked him way before too!"

 

"He didn't know."

 

"I was a nerd."

 

"Right. and he fell hard for you. He was watching you just from far away. It all just changed when you changed too."

 

"What do you mean?" the brunet can't contain all informations at once.

 

 

"When you start dressing like that. I mean, yes, he finds you more attractive but he doesn't like the attention people are giving to you. He finds you annoying but truth to be told, he was controlling himself not to touch you-OW! What the Sehun?!"

 

"Hyung, my innocent ears!" Sehun both covered his ears as he heard ths word 'touch'

 

"Anyways, what all I'm trying to say is Chanyeol actually likes you, no, more like 'loves' you."

 

 

The brunet enters the clinic and there he saw Chanyeol lying down with a bandage on his left ankle.

 

"Baek? Why are you crying?"

 

Baekhyun punched his chest repeatedly

"You stupid, you jerk, you -

 

 

Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun in his arms "I thought you'll never talk to me again."

 

 

Baekhyun choked back a sob. "You didn't have to do something for me." He murmured into the tallers chest.

 

Chanyeol pulled away, while cupping the shorter's face "I was afraid you'll ignore me forever."

 

"You finally know what it felt like." The shorter sniffs.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for ignoring you. I'm sorry for always telling you hurtful words. I'm really sorry, Baek." the taller hugs him again, tighter and closer this time.

 

"I pushed you away because I thought you were playing games. You are known to break people's hearts. I thought you weren't serious. That's why even when how hard it was for me, even when how much I love you, I wanted to protect myself from getting hurt. And for that, I'm sorry for not trusting you."  Chanyeol wants to tell him everything. "When you were still the nerd everyone was hating, I was there for you, loving you and doing everything to protect you."

 

"Is that why Kris dropped out?" the brunet asks him. The taller sighs deeply "Yes"

 

"But-

 

"No, let me finish." the taller puts his thumb on his lips trying to intrrupt him.

 

"I knew I went too far but, he constantly bullies you together with his friends and I had to do something. I had dropped them all out."

 

Baekhyun looks up at him again. "Chanyeol...

 

The taller shakes his head, tears are already forming in his eyes "That's the only thing I could do to protect you, Baek."

 

"When you changed, when you transformed, I could not help myself but to stare at you. When people look at you, asking you out on dates, I wanted to kick them out telling them to back off but, I know I have no rights to do it. When you became the VP of the council, Jongin and Sehun have to hold me because I was too happy, because finally, I'll get to talk to you even when just about school matters." He chuckled when he remembers how his friends could slap him and bring him back to reality.

 

"When I heard you talk to Kyungsoo telling him how much you like this certain tall guy, I cried."

 

"What?!" Baekhyun whips his head up to look at him again.

 

The taller could only smile at him.

 

 

"It's you!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

 

"I didn't know. How would I know when you are just so close to everyone else? You can't even talk to me straight in the eyes." Chanyeol holds his hands, pulling him again in his arms.

 

"I was too shy" Baekhyun says in a small voice.

 

"That's why I was too shocked when you started to talk to me. You gave me stuffs I needed. You always take care of me. I still pushed you away because I really thought it was nothing. Jongdae always scolds me because of that. He asked me why was I acting like an . He wondered why I did those when all my life, ever since, I met you, all I ever wanted was you."

 

 

"When I heard Yixing asked you out on a date, it made me so angry. I was too possessive of you that's why when we had the preparations at the SC office I pushed you hard. I'm sorry Baek, if I didn't do that, you would not had collapsed." Chanyeol is now crying too remembering how harsh he was to the shorter. He was to pre occupied, he didn't notice he had hurt him.

 

"Chanyeol, it wasn't your fault." Baekhyun wiped away his tears. It hurts him seeing Chanyeol like this. The taller could only gulp "But still, I pushed you."

 

 

"When you were at the clinic, Jongin knocked off some sense to me. You were sick but you gave me your medicine. The hoodie was for you but you lent it to me. There, I realized how much an I am." the taller kisses Baekhyun's head.

 

"I was hurt when you started to ignore me but I knew I deserve it. So I did everything to get your attention back."

 

"It was hard for me to pretend not to care, you know. I did that because you said I'm annoying." the shorter pouted right at Chanyeol's face and that made the taller spin his head.

 

He simply can't handle the shorter's cuteness.

 

"You heard that? I'm sorry, but I had to admit, you are kinda distracting especially right now, you are hovering above me pouting." The taller smirks and that made Baekhyun gets up hurriedly.

 

"Yah!" the taller could only laugh at that.

 

"Come here, Baek." the taller pulled Baekhyun gently to him.

 

The latter could only shake his head "No"

 

"Why? You look so hot with that position, you know."

 

"Shut up!" the shorter failed not to come near him when Chanyeol, instead gets up and wraps his arm around him bringing both of their bodies to lay down to the bed. "Yah, you can't do that."

 

 

"I can, I can definitely do this, Baby." the taller closed the gap between them and kisses his pouty lips he was dying to ever since.

 

 

 

Baekhyun is too early for his class but, he doesn't care, he needs to go to his boyfriend to help him with his injured ankle.

 

"Baek, why are you here?" Chanyeol looks at him, shock evident on his face.

 

The shorter goes beside him while his left arm wrapped around the taller's waist, helping him walk. "I wanted to see you and of course, help you too."

 

"Awe, my Baby's so sweet." the taller grins at him piching his nose.

 

"Yah! it hurts." Baekhyun pouts at him while rubbing his nose in which the taller immediately say sorry and kisses his nose before he kisses him on the lips.

 

"Can you both stop being so gross?" Jongdae in front of them with crossed arms is clearly not amused.

 

"Sorry." Baekhyun giggles at him while Chanyeol could roll his eyes at him. "He just envies us, Baby."

 

 

 

"YAH!"

 

 

 

The love birds paid no attention to his whines.

 

 

"AH WAE?!"