Your majesty

All Hail the Queen

A/N: Hi Happy Seulrene day. This months fic is about Seulgi getting hit on the head, waking up thinking she’s a queen and that her wife Joohyun is actually her serving girl. So a stressful and hilarious time for Joohyun here, enjoy.


 

It was supposed to be a friendly baseball game for Joohyun, her wife Seulgi, their friends, Joy, Yeri, and Seungwan. It was fun for awhile, Joohyun especially loved hitting all the home runs, stealing first base, and especially loved making her friends look like jokes. She was always the most competitive one out of everyone. The friendly game, naturally turned heated quickly.

 

“Come on, one more game!” The petite raven bounces up and down excited. Joohyun of course is the only one that’s looking forward to one more game.

 

“We’re tired.” Joy sighs. “Can we go now?”

 

“Play by yourself.” Is what Yeri tells her.

 

“I think you beat us enough for today, Joohyun.” Seungwan mentions, rubbing her sore arm from when the raven pushed her out of the way to get to first base.

 

“You’re all so weak, Seul, baby. You’ll play one more game, right?” She asks her bear-like, brunette wife. She knows Seulgi won’t let her down. She always gives her what she wants. The taller woman nods.

 

“Sure, Hyunnie.”

 

“Yes! Okay, just one more guys, then we’ll go get something to eat.”

 

The promise of food is what really motivates everyone. Joohyun is naturally a beast when it comes to games of any kind. She gets so caught up in the competitive energy other things go out of the window. Surely she didn’t mean to throw the ball so hard that it hit Seulgi right in the head. She would have never intentionally try to take her out just to win? Oh, no of course not. The impact of the hit sent the brunette down so hard that everyone was shook. Joy and Yeri thought maybe at first Seulgi was pretending to be hurt, as a way to mess with Joohyun.

 

“Uh, guys. I don’t think she’s kidding.” Seungwan points out because Seulgi isn’t moving and is still on the ground.

 

“Oh my god!” Joohyun panics the most, rushing to get to her wife. She isn’t moving no matter how many times the raven taps her face.

 

“It’s official, Joohyun killed her wife. Her competitive nature took the one she loved most.” Joy says in such a dry tone.

 

“I knew she was going to kill Seulgi one way or another.” Yeri shakes her head.

 

“Shut up! I didn’t. Babe, can you hear me?” She worriedly caresses her face. She never intended to cause her an injury.

 

“We should call an ambulance just in case.”

 

“Seul, honey.”

 

Just as Joohyun is about to call for an ambulance. Monolid eyes slowly open and focus onto her.

 

“Oh. Thank god, hey baby. Are you okay?”

 

They all expect for Seulgi to grin and show her a signature smile. They don’t expect for Seulgi to sit up and push Joohyun’s hand away from her.

 

“Excuse you, don’t touch me.”

 

“What!” Everyone shouts in alarm. Seulgi is looking at Joohyun like she is beneath her.

 

“How dare you put your hands on the Queen!” Seulgi says with so much indignation in her voice, further shocking everyone further.

 

“Um, the Queen?” Seungwan blinks.

 

“Yes, that’s what I said. I am the Queen, and all of you need to back up.”

 

“Hey, did you hit your head too hard?”

 

Seulgi is already up and starting to leave. Joohyun has no idea what’s going on but she will find out.

 

“Uh, honey?”

 

“Silence.” Seulgi waves her hand over Joohyun to quiet her. She has no idea who this serving girl is, but she should learn her place quickly.

 

“Excuse me, Kang Seulgi!”

 

“Excuse you, I am the Queen, and you servant girl will know your place.”

 

“Servant girl!” Joohyun shouts out in rage. Joy, Seungwan, and Yeri bust out in laughter. They think Seulgi is kidding, and Joohyun would have thought so too. That is until she spots her brown-haired wife waiting by their car.

 

“Seul, why don’t you get in the car?”

 

“Oh there you are, serving girl. Open the door for me.”

 

“Open the door for you?”

 

“Yes. You heard me, come on speed it up a bit.”

 

“Guys, I don’t think, Seul is kidding.” Seungwan mentions as Seulgi really doesn’t seem to be acting at all. She looks at Joohyun like she is truly a servant.

 

“I’m sure it will pass.” Joy says. “Joohyun-unnie. Good luck with the Queen!” She cackles and heads to her own car. She has no intention of helping out. Why should she? Seulgi is Joohyun’s wife, and therefore her responsibility. On top of that. She is the one who hit her in the head in the first place.

 

“Yeah, have fun with her royal majesty.” Yeri goes to do a curtsy. Then follows Joy to her car. The younger two link arms and laugh together. Joohyun wasn’t counting on either of them. Seungwan, is the kind, generous one. If anyone would be helpful now. Then it would be her.

 

“Hey, Seungwan. Will you help me out?”

 

“Oh, um, sure.” The blonde agrees, although she looks quite hesitant.

 

“Hey, Seul?” Seungwan starts. Maybe she can try to get the brunette’s attention.

 

“You may speak.”

 

“Uh, right, so would you mind getting in the car. Joohyun-unnie, just wants to take you home so you can sleep off whatever this is.”

 

“I will. When the serving girl opens the door.”

 

“I am not a serving girl!” The smaller raven shouts up at her wife in annoyance.

 

“Unnie, no. You might have to play along. At least until this wears off.”

 

Joohyun looks at Seungwan as if she has lost it. Why should she have to pretend to be a serving girl? Seulgi is looking at her now, expectantly.

 

“Well, serving girl?”

 

“My name is, Joohyun. Your Majesty.” She grits her teeth, and opens the door for her wife. Seulgi sits down.

 

“We’ll need to work on that delivery. You!” She points to Seungwan, who jumps to attention as if afraid.

 

“Yes, majesty!” She curtsies. Seulgi looks satisfied by that and gives a nod.

 

“You may speak.”

 

“Yes, so. I do hope you go home and rest, please feel better.”

 

“Why thank you, serving girl’s friend. Hey, serving girl.” She nudges Joohyun in the arm.

 

“My name is, Joohyun!”

 

“Serving girl, Joohyun you should be more like your friend. Now, drive us to home!”

 

Joohyun hopes and prays she won’t kill her. She wants this to be a temporary thing. Hopefully, after Seulgi sleeps it off. She should be fine, and everything will go back to normal. It wasn’t fine. It was far from fine. When they get home, Seulgi takes one look at the house. She looks at a cross between annoyed, and surprised.

 

“This is no palace.” The brunette shakes her head. Joohyun wants to take immediate offense to what Seulgi is saying. They have a very nice house. It is spacious, comfortable, and all their family and friends come to stay with them when they come to visit.

 

“Just go inside, your majesty.” Joohyun pushes her inside the house. Seulgi takes a look around. She admires the leather couches. The well decorated interior, purple curtains, wall to wall carpeting, huge flat screen TV, and the backyard patio.

 

“Hm, it’s no palace. I suppose it will do. Servant girl!”

 

Joohyun is getting sick of being called servant girl. She has to take a few deep breaths. Then remembers that this is her wife. She loves her, and she did accidentally cause this.

 

“Yes, your majesty.”

 

“What does a Queen have to do. In order to get some food here? I’m famished.”

 

“Well, sit down. I’ll bring you something.”

 

Joohyun tried first with a bowl of kimchi stew. Seulgi looked at it like she would be sick. She had to bring something else, and settled on kimbap. Once again, Seulgi looked like she was grossed out.

 

“Servant-girl, I will die of hunger if you don’t bring forth something good.”

 

Joohyun groans in the kitchen. She is seconds away from pulling out her hair. Seulgi is looking at her expectantly.

 

“Hello? Do your job please, servant-girl.”

 

“It’s, Joohyun, your majesty.”

 

“Whatever. You just need to make with the food already.”

 

“That is it. I’m ordering a pizza. It will be here in 20 minutes. If you can wait that long, highness.”

 

Seulgi nods. Then decides she will use the time to explore the house. She can’t believe she is living here. Where is her palace? She is a queen after all. They deserve a palace. Something does catch her eyes. She notices the huge flat screen TV, but also the accompanying gaming system.

 

“Interesting.” Seulgi thinks. Then sits down. It doesn’t take long to figure out the system. She takes the control and starts playing video games. Joohyun breathes out a sigh of relief. Her wife playing video games is such a normal sight. She hopes this means she will return to her senses soon.

 

“In your face!” Seulgi says when she shoots an enemy. “Servant girl! This is quite fun!”

 

“Good to see you haven’t lost everything, majesty.”

 

“Yes. I enjoy shooting people here. Ah, servant girl. I need a favor.”

 

“What is it?” Joohyun questions. Although, she is almost too afraid to ask. She has no idea what Seulgi is thinking. Now that she temporarily thinks she is a queen.

 

“I’m going to need you to fetch the royal slippers soon. My feet hurt.”

 

That was not what she was expecting. She didn’t know what she expected to hear, but she surely didn’t expect for that.

 

“You want me to do what!”

 

“Fetch the royal slippers!”

 

“What!” Joohyun screams. She has never been ordered around by her wife before. She knows it’s not all her fault. It’s still a little bit crazy to imagine this is her current reality.

 

“You heard me. I’m going to need those slippers soon. I do have slippers, right?”

 

“Oh. I’ll fetch you some slippers.” The raven mutters. She will get them and smack her. Maybe that will pull her out of this fantasy. Joohyun gets distracted by her cell ringing. It’s their friends, and they are calling to see if Seulgi is feeling any better.

 

“Servant-girl! Fetch the royal slippers!” Joohyun lets them hear what’s going on.

 

“Does that sound like she’s better!”

 

“Oh, boy. You’ve got a problem on your hands.” Joy laughs. “Well good luck,unnie!”

 

“Are you guys not even going to help?”

 

“No. She’s your wife and your queen. You deal with it. Bye!”

 

They hang up on her. So much for friends willing to help when you need them. Joohyun turns back to see Seulgi is no longer in the living room. She must find her. Since she isn’t in her right mind. She could be hurt.

 

“Babe?” Joohyun calls out worriedly. She begins her search. She’s not outside in the backyard. She’s not outside on the lawn. She’s not in the downstairs bathroom, and she’s not upstairs in their master bathroom. It seemed as if Seulgi was nowhere to be found. That is until she was passing by one of the guest bedrooms. Seulgi was fast asleep on the purple futon. Joohyun smiles at her adorable, bear-like wife fast asleep. She is currently stressing her out. But that’s not her fault.

 

“Sleep well, majesty.” She pulls the covers over her. Joohyun hopes that when Seulgi wakes up. She will be back to normal, and no longer thinking she is royalty. There is no such luck. Seulgi awakes after a few hours of rest. Joohyun is by her side in an instant. She wants to make sure she’s feeling better.

 

“Honey, how are you feeling?”

 

“Oh, there you are serving-girl. Where are my slippers.”

 

So much for hoping Seulgi would be back to normal. In short, Joohyun returns with Seulgi’s bear slippers. The pizza arrives, and the monolid woman is excited to see the pizza. She happily ate slice after slice.

 

“Now, this is food!”

 

“Seul?”

 

“Your majesty.” Seulgi corrects.

 

“Yes, your majesty. So, any chance you’ll quit this and come back to my, regular Seulgi?” Joohyun wonders hopefully. The brunette gives her a curious look. What on earth is the serving girl talking about.

 

“What are you talking about? I am the Queen!”

 

Joohyun sighs. It was too good to be true. Seulgi isn’t better, and she is still a mess. Joohyun wants to scream. Instead she takes a deep breath. She must gather all her patience to get through this.

 

“Babe, you’re not a queen. You’re my wife.”

 

“You’re a serving girl. How can we be married?”

 

“I’m not a serving girl!”

 

“Honestly, serving girls marrying a queen. It’s the most ridiculous thing I have heard all day. You should really aim your sights lower.”

 

Seulgi finishes her last slice of pizza. Joohyun is stunned. How much longer is this going to last. Seulgi takes to her queen role well. She orders Joohyun around for almost everything. She requests food to be delivered to her. She asks Joohyun to fluff her pillows until they are just right. Seulgi complained about the lack of ice. Seulgi complained when there was too much ice.

 

“Fetch me another glass.” Seulgi handed her back the glass of water. Joohyun loses any remainder of her patience. She slams the glass down on the table.

 

“That is enough! I am not your servant girl! You want water. You get your own damn water, your majesty!” Joohyun growls out. Then she curtsies as well before heading out of the living room. Seulgi is so stunned by the outburst. The serving girl was really upset. Seulgi gets up to find Joohyun. The woman is in their bedroom. She took the time to scream out into a pillow. She was so frustrated.

 

“Um, Joohyun?” Seulgi whispers hesitantly. The raven looks up with a curious expression.

 

“Yes?”

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you upset.”

 

Her tone sounds much like her usual voice. Joohyun almost wants to hug her in that moment. She loves Seulgi so much. Only, just as she’s reaching out to hug her wife. Seulgi speaks again, and ruins any chance of being hugged.

 

“I just expect a level of perfection from my serving girl.”

 

“Get out!” Joohyun says murderously. Wife or not. She is so done with this bull. She pushes Seulgi out the door and dials her friends again. Joy and Yeri, specifically are dying of laughter.

 

“She’s still the queen!”

 

“Guys, seriously I’m going to kill her. Give me some good advice?”

 

“Oh, I know. I know!” Yeri interrupts. “Since she was hit on the head. All you need to do is hit her on the head again, unnie.”

 

“Hit her on the head, again?” Joohyun whispers hesitantly. It sounds so extreme.

 

“Yeah. It works in cartoons.”

 

“Wow, great advice.” The older woman deadpans. “Thanks, and goodbye.” She ends the call. Now, she has to think. Will she hit Seulgi again? In hopes that it will bring her back to reality.

 

“Hey! Servant girl!” She hears Seulgi out in the hall. “How dare you push me? I am your queen.”

 

“Yep. I’m hitting her.” Joohyun decides. She grabs a nearby book. She really hates to do this. But she doesn’t see any choice. She needs her wife back to normal. Joohyun opens the door and smiles cheerfully.

 

“Lights out your majesty!” She hits her upside the head one good time. Seulgi complains of the hit and falls out. Joohyun hopes she hasn’t caused any more damage. She just wants her teddy bear back.

 

“Babe? Are you alive?” She shakes her. It takes a few minutes. But Seulgi does come out of her stupor. She focuses her eyes onto her wife. Then breaks out into a warm smile.

 

“Oh, hey, Hyunnie. What’s going on?”

 

“Oh, thank god.” Joohyun breathes in relief. “You’re back to normal, right?”

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. Hey, weren’t we at the baseball park?”

 

“Yes. But we’re home now.” Joohyun hugs her tight. Thankfully, the queen is no more. She hugs her and kisses her cheeks repeatedly.

 

“Wow, what’s all this for?”

 

“No reason. Does your head hurt at all?” She wonders. After all, she has hit her in the head twice now. Seulgi promises she is fine, and that is a relief as well. Still, Joohyun kisses the side of her head a few times.

 

“I’m glad you’re not hurt. Also, sorry for hitting you in the head twice.”

 

“You hit me in the head twice!” Seulgi shouts in alarm. “Wait, was I winning or something?”

 

“Babe! That’s not fair. I wouldn’t intentionally hurt you just so I could win.”

 

Seulgi is staring at her in disbelief. This is Joohyun, right? Her competitive as hell wife who stops at nothing to win.

 

“Hyunnie? Are you serious? You would push an old lady out of your way if meant you would win.”

 

“No. That’s not true. The first time was an accident, anyway.”

 

“Oh, well a long as the first time was an accident.” Seulgi deadpans. “Anyway, I’m tired all of a sudden. I’m going to go to bed. Hyun, hey where’s my slippers?”

 

“What?” Joohyun blinks several times.

 

“My slippers? Where are they?”

 

Still fresh off her prior experience. Joohyun snaps. “I am not your serving girl! You want your slippers. Go and get them yourself!” She storms off suddenly, leaving behind one very confused Seulgi.

 

“I only asked where my slippers were. It’s not like I told her to bring them to me.” Seulgi has no idea why she freaked out about that, or why she said she wasn’t a serving girl. What happened these last few hours?

 

“Um, Hyunnie? Are you okay?” Seulgi wonders as she follows after her wife.

 

“I’m sorry.” Joohyun admits. “I didn’t mean to snap. It’s just a few hours ago. You thought you were a queen, and you were driving me a little crazy.”

 

“What?” Seulgi is surprised by this. “I thought I was a queen? That is too funny. You have an overactive imagination. Why would I think I was a queen?”

 

“You did. I think I hit you too hard, by accident!” Joohyun reminds her. She has to make sure that Seulgi knows the first time wasn’t intentional.

 

“Oh, well then maybe you should stop hitting me? See, this is what happens when you imagine stuff, Hyun. I mean, a queen? Really?” Seulgi laughs in amusement.

 

“But it happened! You kept calling me serving girl and everything.” The raven doesn’t know why Seulgi doesn’t believe her. The taller woman just pats her head affectionately.

 

“Okay, I think someone needs some sleep. You’re the queen in this house. So, let me help my queen to bed.” Seulgi carefully picks her up.

 

“Hey!” Joohyun begins. “You know what, you’re right. I’ am the queen here. Thanks, baby.” She grins before kissing the monolid woman. Seulgi is back to normal. She is no longer a queen, and life can resume back to normal.

 

“Hyun?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Seriously, where are my royal slippers?” Seulgi says in such a serious manner. That Joohyun is tempted to hit her again.

 

“I am so done with you, your majesty!” She tells her, but does kiss her lips softly. Seulgi is one silly woman. But she is her silly other half, and she loves her very much. Pretend queen or not.

 

 

A/N: I’m done. Happy Seulrene day everyone. I hope this was a fun read for you all. Thanks for reading.