Prologue

Beyond Heart: A Story of Eternal Affection

                                                                                        The Beginning

 

“Here, a flower for you,” said the little boy, stretching out his small hand to give a flower he’d plucked from the field.

“Twank yoo,” a little girl with short dark curls said. She was younger than him by three years.

“Wanna stay with me foreva?” the little boy asked, with a shy smile, hands held behind his back.

The little girl nodded vigorously, smiling, her cheeks rosy from the wind that had whip through the air at that moment.

“It’s a promise then. I’m going to marry you when I grow up!” the boy said happily, rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet.

“Pwomise? Merry?” the little girl asked, confused by the grown up words the little boy used.

“It means we’ll stay together foreeeever,” the little boy said.

“Kay, Pwomise,” the little girl agreed, happy to be with her best pal forever.

                                                                                                                                            ……………………………………………………………..........................................................................................

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      “I promise, you will be the only love of my life.”

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              “I will not be happy if you are not.”

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    “I can’t be happy without you in my life.”

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               “You will be. You must be happy.”

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               ………..

                                                                                                                                       *****

 

Beep! Beep!! Beep!!! Beep!!!!!

I immediately awoke with waves of emotions, resentment, anger and sadness intermingling all together as one. Tears stung behind my eyes and leaked to cover my cheeks. Blinking and rubbing the sleepiness and last remnants of tears from the dream, I turned over in bed, reaching over to the nightstand to turn off my blaring alarm clock. It was 6:30 in the morning and I had the same dream again. I couldn't remember the details of the dream but every time I had it I would always wake up with the same emotions of devastation. It had started a couple of months ago and kept persisting since then. Thinking that it was due to stress, I had let it go. People had bad dreams all the time that I had easily persuaded myself then that it was nothing to be concerned about. It was just a dream after all and I never really cared much about delving into the special meanings behind dreams but perhaps I should seek an expertise opinion as it was beginning to become a problem with my day to day life, resulting in lack of sleep at night and exhaustion and drowsiness during the days. And these dreams, I wouldn’t consider to be exactly normal compared to the ones I’ve had before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So here is the first chapter of the fanfic that won overwhelmingly on the poll. Originally, this wasn't the first chapter but the original one gave away too much in the beginning so I decided to hold off on that chapter to be inserted when it is crucial to the story. The next chapter still needs some editing so I'm not sure when it will be posted. Hopefully soon *crosses fingers* Anyways, enjoy Melodies. Based on the poll, the angel story came in second so I will most likely post that one up soon. Not sure when but it will definitely be the next story to be put up. :) Probably after I finish Love at First Melody. I know this chapter isn't really long...but the next ones will. BTW, you can't really tell who is having the dreams in this chapter, huh? HA! I did it on purpose. :P