I.

The Power of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jisoo’s brows furrowed as she watched her dongsaeng, their charismatic Jendeuk, rummaging Jisoo’s closet. Jisoo crossed her arms as she gently sat on her bed, still eyeing Jennie seriously.

 

“Care to tell me what are you looking for?” Jisoo carefully asked. She couldn’t understand what was happening. One moment, Jisoo was busy playing games on her phone, the next moment Jennie barged in her room, saying that she needs to borrow something and started delving through Jisoo’s clothes.

 

“Can I borrow your sweatpants?” Jennie asked as she grabbed one, standing up and placing it by her waist. “It looked fine on me, right?” she asked again, looking worried, making Jisoo really curious.

 

“Its sweatpants, Jennie, why would someone need to look good wearing it?” Jisoo asked and Jennie’s eyes widen, which Jisoo noticed, piquing her curiosity. “And besides, you have your own, why were mine?”

 

“Urrgh. Fine, I’m not borrowing,” Jennie said, pouting as she threw the sweatpants by Jisoo’s bed before storming off Jisoo’s room. Bewildered, Jisoo just watched Jennie. Few seconds passed, then Lisa peeked by Jisoo’s room, looking confused.

 

“What happened to Jennie-unnie?”

 

“I dunno, Lisa-yah. I don’t know anything at all,” Jisoo answered, shrugging her shoulder as she grabbed her phone, continuing to play her games.

Kim Jennie frown as she scrutinized her appearance on the mirror. She was wearing a lavender sweater, its sleeves passed her fingers, paired with hiking boots she borrowed from Nayeon who thankfully didn’t asked her why and just teasingly smiled at her, and her black sweatpants. She put up her hair in a sloppy ponytail, smiling when she heard her phone beeped. She quickly grabbed it, seeing a message from her Kakaotalk.

 

He wrote: Where are you? Ppali-yah!

 

Jennie shook her head, her smile widening. Always so impatient. She didn’t replied but instead went out her room, checking her outfit one last time on the mirror. She froze when she saw her members sitting on the couch in the living room.

 

“Where are you going, unnie?” Park Chaeyoung asked, her voice still sleepy. Even Lisa looked so like she was abruptly woken up. She was still even hugging her favorite plushie. Meanwhile, Kim Jisoo was wide awake, eyeing her dongsaeng curiously.

 

“So… gonna go somewhere far?” Jisoo asked, motioning at Jennie’s rather big backpack. Jennie’s eyes widen, not knowing how to react.

 

“Are you going hiking, unnie? What’s with the boots?” Lisa mumbled, blinking her eyes repeatedly to remove the sleepiness. It was just six in the morning after all.

 

“Yeah, I am,” Jennie unsurely answered, biting her lower lip, thinking of a way to escape. “I just need time for myself,” she added as she slowly walked towards the main door. Jisoo watched her best friend before she sighed and nodded.

 

“Hmm. Okay, Take care, Jen. Let’s go back to our rooms, girls,” Jisoo said, standing up and forcing her sleepy dongsaeng to stand up. Jennie smiled watching as Lisa grumpily stood up before going back to her room.

 

“Annyeong, unnie,” Rosé said and bowed, smiling cutely before walking away with Jisoo.

 

“Jennie,” Jisoo called when she was already by her bedroom door, stopping Jennie from opening their front door. “I’m serious, take care. Tell Hanbin to be careful, lest you’ll be caught,” she said, winking when she saw Jennie’s shocked expression.

“Jen!” Hanbin called, bringing Jennie back to her reality. “Are you okay?” he asked, grabbing Jennie’s hand who smiled at him.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine,” she answered, frowning slightly. “Looks like Jisoo-unnie knew that I’m with you today,” she added and Hanbin’s eyes widen, making Jennie giggled. So cute.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter