Lucky

Our Joy

Sitting beside the window in the café, Joy could be seen staring blankly at the night sky. It was almost midnight, so there are not many people roaming the streets.

But somehow, this group of boys caught her attention. They are wearing hoodies and masks which is very much the same to her outfit right now. She doesn’t know how many they are but as each one of them enter the café she is in, she counted that they are five of them.

“What if they are also idols?” She thought to herself. And as if on cue, the boys removed their masks which make her recognize who they are — Bangtan!!

Heol~ what should I do? She started to panic, as she doesn’t know what to do. And just in time, as Taehyung is finding where to seat, he catches Joy’s eyes, which he recognized immediately.

“Mine’s mocha frappucino,” he says to Jungkook who is ordering and walking to Joy after.

 “Hey!” he greets her as he offers a high five to her which she accepted.

“Oppa! What are you doing here?” She asks, obviously flustered about seeing them here.

“Well, we were hanging out just around here, and we got hungry and decided to eat in here.” He answers as he pulls out the chair across her, ready to seat. She was about to stop him when he asks, “Oh sorry, are you with someone?”

“Uh, no. I’m alone.” She says; the last sentence almost a whisper. And there, Taehyung thought of it as a permission to sit, and he did. And at that moment, the other members gathered, joining them in the table. Jungkook and Jin, in line with Taehyung, while Jimin beside Joy and then Jhope.

“Joy-ah. You wouldn’t mind if we join you, right?” V asks, smiling.

“Do I have a choice? You’re already sitting, anyway.” Joy jokingly answers.

“Joy-ah!!~” Jhope calls sweetly. “Why are you alone in here?” He asks, worried about her.

“My members are in Thailand. I couldn’t go because of the drama shoot.” She says, feeling the sadness again.

“Oh right! I’ve been watching your drama, by the way.” Jimin, who is beside her, says as he wants to cheer her up.

“Really? Do you have time for that, though?” She knows they are busy, but knowing that he still gives time for her drama makes her happy.

“Of course! We watch it too, but separately.” Jungkook adds.

“Well, I’m glad to hear that, really.” Touched with what they said. “Where are the other two though?” She asks as she drinks her coffee.

“They’re busy making songs,” Jin says while eating his cakes.

They continue to talk, not realizing what time it is already. Not until RM calls Jin to ask where they are.

He puts RM on speaker.

“Hello?”

“Hyung! Where are you? It’s almost 2 am! Aren’t you all going back here?”

“It’s almost 2?! Really? We didn’t notice the time, sorry. We’re going back after we walk Joy in their dorm.” As he said it, Joy looks at him, shaking her head and hands, implying that there’s no need to do that.

“You’re with Joy? Hi Joy-ieeee~~”  RM says cutely over the line.

Hi oppa~~” Joy does the same. “I’ll make sure to send them back to your dorm already!” She adds.

“It doesn’t matter! Ya guys! Make sure that Joy’s safe, okay?”

“We would do that even if you don’ tell us, hyung.” Taehyung assures him as he looks at Joy.

“Okay then. I’ll hang up. Take ca—! Wait!” Suga shouts to RM before he could end the call.

“Sooyoung-ie?”  Suga calls her to make sure she’s the Joy they are talking with.

“Yes, oppa?”

“You’re really Joy!!!”  He says with excitement.

“Of course! Your one and only. Or! Do you have any other Joy?” She acts as if she’s mad.

“No, it’s not that. It’s just that I didn’t know you’d be meeting with the others. If I knew then I would’ve come with them.” He says, regret in his voice.

“Hey, that hurts! So you’re picking Joy over us?” Jin interrupted, acting hurt.

“For sure that’s not the case, oppa!” She says to Jin whose lips curved upwards.

“And Yoongi oppa, this was not planned at all! If it is, I could have told you and Namjoon oppa.” She continues.

“Alright, I just miss our Joy. Take care of yourself, okay? Be careful on your way home.”

“I miss you too, oppa. I will. Take care too!”

They said their goodbyes and with that, the line ended.

“Well, I guess it’s time for us to go back. I’m sorry I took so much of your time. It’s your bonding time though.” Joy looks at every member as she felt sorry that they have to spend their time hanging out with her. Though, it is no lie that it made her really happy being with them.

“It’s nothing, Joy. We’re glad that we decided to eat here. If not, then we could have missed you. It’s been some time since the last time we hang out with you and we really miss you!!” Jimin sincerely says and side hugs her.

“Hey, that’s unfair!! You only get to hug noona!!” Jungkook points his fingers to them, as he pouts like a child.

“Then, I’ll give you a hug later, Jungkook-ah. Don’t worry!” Joy says as she chuckles to see him that way.

“I’m expecting I’m getting one, too.” Jhope fake coughs as he says those and laughter could be heard from the others after.

“Do you all really miss me that much?” Joy laughs, but certainly, she could feel their love for her.

“Of course!” “Yes!” They answered at one time.

“Okay then. I’ll give free hugs later!” Joy announced, giving them her eye smile. And the boys cheered.

They walked out the café and are now walking to Joy’s dorm. Talking, laughing, cherishing this moment as if it’s gonna be the last ‘cause they don’t know when they’ll be meeting again.

Nearing the entrance, there are 2 figures - a petite and a tall one - standing by the glass door. They didn’t notice them until one of them, with a high pitched voice, shouted,

“JOY-AHHHH!!!!” And came running to her along with the tall one and pulls Joy into a hug.

“Oppa?” Joy hugs them back. “What are you doing here?” Joy is bewildered that they are here; a while ago, they were just talking on the phone.

They release her from their hug before they speak.

“We can’t afford not to see you too when I know you’re also with the others,” Suga explains, embarrassed with the fact that he’s jealous of the others.

“Yeah, and this is the only way we could think of. That’s why we’re here. We really wanted to see you, Joy-ah.” RM adds as he caresses Joy’s hair.

“Excuse me, excuse me. Let me get my free hug to noona.” Jungkook pushing away his hyungs and hugs Joy.

Joy hugs him back, patting his back.

“Thank you, Kookie.” Joy whispers to him and tightens the hug which he did too.

“I really missed you, noona.”

“I missed you too, Kookie.” She says and gives him a peck on the cheek and shuffles his hair.

“Okay, time’s up! My turn!” Taehyung announces and pulls Jungkook away from Joy.

“Hyung!” Jungkook playfully stamps his feet.

V ignored him and proceeds to hug Joy, which she reciprocated back.

“You know we’re here for you, right?” V whispers, assuring her that she’s not alone.

“I know. Thank you, oppa.” Joy just feels so touched that she doesn’t know what to say anymore.

V kisses her forehead before he releases her from the hug.

“Okay! So who’s next?” Joy asks, almost laughing because of the situation they are now. Who would’ve thought that she’ll be having a “free hug event” for Bangtan?

“We’re going by age so it’s me!” Jimin says raising his hand.

“Who says we’re going by age?!” The oldest reacts.

“Well, me!” Jimin answers back and now in front of Joy.

“Our Joy-ie...” He caresses her left cheek before pulling her in his chest.

“Oppa, you smell nice.” Joy says when she inhales his scent.

“You just knew it? I always smell nice though.” Jimin wittily answers.

Joy buries her head more in Jimin’s chest.

“Oppa, thank you.” She says almost unheard.

“Thank you, too, our Joy.” Jimin kisses the top of her head.

Jhope quietly walks to them and pulls them away. “That’s enough. It’s my turn.”  He says with a big smile and then bear hugs Joy.

“Oppaaa~ you sure miss me a lot!” Joy chuckles as she hugs him back.

“Of course! Our Joy is so busy these days. It’s so hard to see her in person.”

“It’s not only me, though.” She says, knowing the fact that they are also busy, probably more than her.

“Let’s finish all our schedules well and hang out again, okay?”

“I’ll wait for that.” She answers and he kisses her forehead before letting go of the hug.

“Namjoon oppaaaa~~~” She calls him with arms wide open for him.

RM walks to her and embrace her and she hugs him by the waist.

“Glad you came here.”

“Yeah, glad that I did. If not, I could be stuck in my studio with Suga and worse, not getting this hug.” He chuckles at the thought. She giggles back as her answer and looks at him.

“I can’t wait for your new album, oppa.” She always like their songs and RM, too, knows it really well.

“I’ll let you hear it if the songs are all finished.” He says, hugs her tightly then kisses her head.

“Finally! It’s my turn!” Suga, who’s patiently waiting, says when he saw them break the hug.

He walks to Joy then kisses her forehead before embracing her.

“It seems like you’ve lost weight, Joy-ah. You should take care of your meals; especially you’ve been very busy lately.” He reminds her; worried that she’s not eating properly.

She laughs at what he said and says, “I don’t think that only applies to me. Have you tried telling that yourself?” and looks up to him to see his face.

“Look at you, if we ever we weigh ourselves, I think I’ll still be heavier than you.” She continues to prove her point.

“Yes, yes. I get it, mom…” Suga mockingly says and gazes at her.

Joy just snuggles her head into his neck and tighten the hug.

For a minute, they are like that, swaying, when Suga kisses her head one last time before loosening his grip on Joy.

“Thank you, oppa.” She says when they faced each other and he gives her a nod and shuffles her hair lightly.

He walks to Jin, who doesn’t seem to know that it’s his turn, and pats him on the shoulder.

Jin walks to Joy who’s waiting for him with a smile – a smile he always wants to see.

“Our Sooyoung-ie~~” He says as he caresses her hair softly and then pulling her into a hug.

Joy holds him back tightly to his waist.

They were like that for a minute when the rest of the boys decided to join them and now, it turns to be a group hug.

“Hey! You squeezed me!” Joy complains after the boys broke their hug.

“You should be thankful! A lot of people will want to be in your position right now.” Jin teases her.

“Huh! You wish!” She says back as she laughs.

“Okay, stop now. We have to get back now.” The leader announces.

“Okay, oppa. Thank you all for accompanying me! Be careful on your way home, oppa’s!” Joy waves her hand and says goodbye as the boys started to walk away and waves back to her.

Joy walks to the entrance door and looks back one more time and smiles as she sees the back of the 7 guys.

“I must have done something great in my past life to have them in my life.” She smiles at the thought as she enters the building.

 

- end -