Final.

Slips
  1. On air.

One would think that being in a relationship with Yoongi meant there isn’t much skinship involved. Honestly, even Seokjin thought that at the beginning. Everyone always talks about how cold Yoongi looks/is but after living with him for more than four years (and being his boyfriend for almost one) you learn some things. Some things like how much he actually likes skinship once he gets comfortable – because it isn’t a strange sight to find Yoongi draped over Hoseok in search of warmth, sleeping in Jimin’s lap because ‘it’s comfy’ or hopped on Jungkook’s back if he feels playful.

But even if that happens in day to day life, he still keeps his distance while being in broadcasts or shootings – less than what it used to be when they were rookies but still, distance. Which is why he turns to look at Seokjin with a confused gaze, a pretty pink blush creeping up his neck, as soon as Seokjin’s arms wrap around his slim waist a little tighter than it would be with anyone else.

It’s something so natural that Seokjin doesn’t understand why Yoongi, his boyfriend, is looking at him like he just grew another head. It takes him less than a minute to figure it out, but by the time he does, the others’ attention has already turned to them. “Do you want to die, hyung?” Yoongi asks jokingly, voice barely threatening – because this is Seokjin he is talking to – but it still carries the meaning.

“Yah, so much disrespect” Jin complains, unwrapping Yoongi from his embrace and stepping back. He doesn’t miss the way the younger’s body leans back for a second, as if in search for his body warmth, before he shifts his posture, arms crossed over his chest as he turns to look at Namjoon, who has resumed whatever he was saying before. Everyone's attention goes back to the shooting after that.

  1. Backstage.

The second incident isn’t as much Jin letting it slip as it is them almost getting caught. It’s the BTS Home Party, after their little collaboration (if they can call it that, they were mostly having fun being silly on stage), while they rush backstage to change into their next outfits.

Jin never really cared for their pretty stage outfits. Sure, he likes how he looks in a suit, how Yoongi looks in a suit, but he doesn’t pay much attention to it. But there’s something in the way Yoongi looks, with the white shirt and the tight light grey pants, dark hair and eyes, make up free and slightly sweaty, that Seokjin doesn’t think and just presses the younger against a wall and kisses him right then and there. Yoongi squirms under Jin’s grip – which is definitely going to leave creases on his shirt – for a second before kissing back, hands moving to grasp the other’s waist, silently asking him to get closer.

It’s passionate and hard, and even if it doesn’t last long, as they both jump apart after hearing footsteps approaching, is enough to get their hearts racing, desire evident in their eyes. “We have to go” Yoongi says, hands keeping the older closer, reluctant of letting go, contradicting his own words. Seokjin nods but grips Yoongi’s chin, tilting it slightly upwards to kiss his lips one more time, this time much more delicate and loving but no less breathtaking.

“Let’s go” he breathes against the younger’s lips once they’ve parted, stepping back and walking quickly towards the stage, leaving a slightly out of breath Yoongi to trail behind him.

  1. Home.

It was a few days after the Home Party and Jin felt like throwing a tantrum. Yoongi hadn’t appreciated the almost heart attack Jin had made him go through when he kissed him backstage. “Yeah, it was hot as hell but my heart almost jumped out of my body when I heard footsteps approaching” he claimed.

So now he had put Seokjin in ‘time-out’, as if I’m a ing child, Jin thought huffing, lips pouting out. He was sitting in the living room, sharing a couch with Namjoon, while Taehyung and Yoongi were occupying the one opposite of them. The rapper was sitting while the younger was sprawled out on the couch, his head resting on the other’s lap. That should be Jin. Yoongi was definitely being unfair.

“You have really nice thighs, hyung” the younger complimented him, turning his head to look at the older, who gave him a ‘what-the-f-are-you-talking-about’ look. Yoongi just snickered and went back to whatever he was doing on his phone. Turning on his side, he noticed Seokjin seemed quite interested in their interaction. He almost seemed pissed off, to be completely honest. “I mean, they’re really soft” he added, hand caressing and squeezing Yoongi’s thigh, sizing up Jin’s reaction.

“Yeah, I know” Seokjin said, quietly, or so he thought. He lifted his gaze when he felt two pair of eyes on him. Maybe he didn’t say it as quietly as he intended. “Uh- I- I mean- I’ve also used them as a pillow” he explained awkwardly, a nervous laugh erupting from his lips, as he could feel a blush creeping up his neck, even if he tried to will it away. Taehyung was looking at him amused while Yoongi rolled his eyes and shook his head, going back to his phone once more. Jin’s phone dinged, a text flashing in the screen: ‘one more day of time-out, Jinnie hyung :)’. Letting out a groan, he threw his head back, missing the smirk on Yoongi’s face.

 

  1. Studio.

They’re at the studio working on some stuff for the new album when it actually happens. It isn’t anything big, either. No kiss, no hug, no one barging in while they’re having . Just a slip of the tongue. And honestly, Jin doesn’t know how it hasn’t happened before; it’s such a natural thing that he’s surprised it has taken this long. But unlike with the backhug, he noticed. The moment the pet name – babe – left his lips, he felt like everything and everyone froze for a second.

However, it’s over as soon as it started; everyone reassumes what they were doing before without acknowledging it – no comment or even a glance – as if it just hadn’t happened. Yoongi turns to look at him, panic swirling in his eyes (which Jin feels it’s kind of stupid, they have talked about their ualities before and it has never been an issue, so the probabilities of the others turning against them for this is basically zero), to which Jin could only wince as an apology.

“What? You thought we didn’t notice?” Hoseok scoffs amusedly, noticing how both of them where tense, as if they were expecting the rest of them to suddenly freak out. “C’mon hyungs, give us some credit” he says with a chuckle, lightly nudging them as if to take them out of their trance.

And Jin doesn’t know what he was expecting, or what Yoongi was expecting, but it definitely wasn’t that. So, in the end, their reveal is nothing out of this word, no awkwardness or fights ensued, no one turned their back to the other, and he wonders if he would have spared so much nervousness and anxiety by telling them since the beginning.

(He knows they would definitely have been many more kisses and cuddles without the pressure of keeping it a secret, ugh, yeah, they should have).