1/2

The One You've Waited For
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part one of two.

"So results... I am proud to announce Ms. Chou Tzuyu as Sebastian Wilder and Ms. Hirai Momo as Mia Dolan."

A bunch of 'ooh's' and snaps erupted from all cast and backstage crew members. Seeing Tzuyu's flustered expression, the director shushed everyone with one crisp clap, "Now, I know our beautiful Tzuyu is a woman, and there were some men who auditioned for Sebastian's part... but the factor of gender can off because Tzuyu happened to be what I was looking for when I read the description of a humble and romantic man who is passionate about his dream. I believe Tzuyu's eyes are very expressive and no matter what she does, you can see that determination in her eyes... just wanting to escape through her graceful body movement."

"That deserves an applause!" Jungyeon, the 3rd year who was overly enthusiastic about everything suddenly started an applause among the cast and crew. Tzuyu turned redder and muttered a shy 'thank you' under her breath. She glanced at Momo, sitting down on the front riser and surprisingly the intimidating actress was smirking at her, "What?"

"L-Let's work hard..."

Momo rolled her eyes with a smile, "You got that right. Work." 

Tzuyu sighed in disbelief, This girl is so full of herself. Obviously, I won't take this personally... you're not even my type.

~~~

"Nayeon-ieee!! I got the lead role!" Momo ran out of the auditorium and clung onto Nayeon like a koala. Fortunately, Nayeon was strong enough to carry her childish girlfriend and spin her around at the same time. 

"Aigoo, I'm not surprised but congrats Momoring~" Nayeon planted multiple kisses on the side of Momo's girlfriend and gently placed her down. Tzuyu gawked at the sight that seemed to come from a cheesy Korean drama. She swerved to avoid the couple that was in their own world, taking up the center pathway.

Before she could circle around them, Nayeon stuck her foot out in front of Tzuyu's path and the latter (who had really good reflexes) shot Nayeon a glare, "What?"

Nayeon shot her a fake smile and forced a carefree giggle out of , "Congrats... you are aware that this is just a role you're playing, right?" She emphasized role as if that was the only word she wanted Tzuyu to get out of the conversation. The youngest glanced at Momo who awkwardly chuckled as if to reassure her girlfriend that she had already done the talking earlier.

"Wow... you two are really... compatible. I wouldn't get with any of you, so no worries," Tzuyu spoke with shade and hidden disgust at their arrogance. Nayeon grinned, "Awesome, same to you. Well... have a great evening!"

Tzuyu turned around and continued to walk the prior path she was on before Nayeon blocked it, "You...too..." She muttered through gritted teeth.

~~~

"Ah, frustrating! I feel like just rescinding the role because those two think I take my acting roles to real life. Like, it's called acting, what part of that can't they understand?!" 

"Calm down, Tzuyu-ah, it will be okay! And no, please don't give it up for those narcissists..."

Ever since Tzuyu had come out to the entire school as gay every straight girl has assumed that she would have a crush on them. Of course, she hated it. The logic behind their assumptions was too incomprehensible to understand; did they think every straight guy liked them? 

Except... one girl in Nayeon's clique was different. Unlike straight girls who would shoot her a wink in the hallways or smirk in her direction, this Japanese transfer student would avoid her stare and continue walking. She minded her own business and Tzuyu liked that about her. 

Tzuyu was lying on her bed when that girl popped into her mind again. The way that clumsy girl stood in the middle between Nayeon and Momo who were both always a step in front of her made her smile. She played with her neckless and sighed, "If only she wasn't friends with those... ugh."

"Pardon? Who are we talking about?" Chaeyoung asked.

Tzuyu's face flushed red as she realized that she had spoken her thoughts out loud, "Ah... nothing."

"Are you thinking of Sana?"

The younger girl's face heart skipped a beat just hearing her name. She shyly mumbled a small yes and sighed, "It's weird, she's always avoiding my eyes... I mean, isn't she a female Casanova just like her two friends?"

Chaeyoung hesitated before responding to her clearly lovesick friend who hasn't realized it yet, "Yeah... it is weird, but I wouldn't rely on it. She has a boyfriend... meaning she probably avoids you because she wants to emphasize that she's off the market."

Tzuyu nodded in understanding, but a weird feeling of disappointment hovered over her.

"I know, I know... It's not like I think she's attracted to me. I just... find it strange, that's all."

 

A week after that Friday, the theatre club had their first rehearsal. Nothing has changed; Momo is still stressing over how much time she spends on the stage, and of course, Nayeon is there to be her appeaser.

"I'm sorry, Nayeon-ie. I can't today... I have rehearsal." Momo sadly had to reject Nayeon's Friday night idea of eating dinner out. Her girlfriend just nodded and forced a smile, "It's alright, babe. Maybe tomorrow- Saturday?"

"Saturday's the show..." Momo sighed and gave Nayeon an apologetic look. The latter nodded in realization, but her eyes suddenly widened, "Perfect! Sana and I will watch you. It's at 7 PM, right?"

Momo smiled out of relief that she had the most supportive girlfriend ever, "Yeah, will you really?"

"Of course!"

~~~

"What do you mean, 'you're not going'?! I already told her you are. You have to, come on... she's been going to rehearsal every day for 3 hours, this is the least we can do!" Nayeon cried as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter