Final

A Glimpse of Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun stomps his little feet as he went home crying after playing the whole day, his mom didn’t ask him why for she knew who made his son cry again. She let Sehun sit on the chair as she prepares him some food to eat.

 

“I r-really hate Luhan he-he push me earlier that’s why I fell on the ground, and all our friends laughed at me” Seven years old Sehun sniffles

 

“And why did Luhan push you?” his mom asks

 

“Because I kicked him in the , because he was so noisy playing with Baekhyun and Jongin, and he doesn’t want to include me in their game. When I went  to talk to him he suddenly walked away with Baekhyun.” Sehun explains as he eats his pancake. His mom shakes her head and suddenly took his food away from him.

 

“That’s bad Sehun, you don’t have to kick someone just because you think he is noisy.”

 

“But he is, mom! That’s why I really hate him. He always ignores me.” The kid sulks in front of his mother.

 

Mrs. Oh leans over the counter and looks at her son straight in the eye, making sure that she gets all of Sehun’s attention. She made a deal with Sehun that if he apologizes to Luhan, she will buy him a new transformer robot that he always wanted.

 

--

 

“Hi, Luhan!”  

 

“It’s Luhan Hyung to you Sehun”  Luhan corrected.

 

“Whatever, I’m here to say sorry for kicking your yesterday”

 

Luhan raises his eyebrows as he looks at the smaller kid in front of him. This is weird, Sehun will never say sorry unless someone told him to do so. Luhan stares at the shorter kid from head to foot before he shakes his head and said,

 

“I’m sorry but I can’t accept your sorry Sehun”

 

“But why?”

 

“I just can’t”

 

Before Luhan can walk away from where he was standing, Sehun pushes him hard until he fell to the ground. Then he heard Sehun sobbing as he keeps on saying “I hate you, Luhan, I hate you.” Little Sehun left the playground and went home sulking.

 

--

 

Sehun sits at the top of the jungle bars, it is summer and he is supposed to be having fun playing with his friends, but everyday Sehun always ends up quarreling with Luhan. But today is different, after all his friends arrived at their playground, they gather around and decided to play hide-and-seek.

 

“Hey guys, Luhan is not here yet can we wait for him before we begin?” Kyungsoo asks.

 

“Oh, Luhan’s not coming to today Soo.” Baekhyun answers

 

“Do you know why?”  

 

“He said they’re going to visit his grandparents in the countryside.”

 

“For how long?” Sehun interrupts but Baekhyun just shrugs his shoulder.

 

For some reason, Sehun finds it weird not being able to see Luhan today. Although he cannot deny how he loves that he can still play with all his friends today including Jongin and Baekhyun. The kids start playing hide-and-seek. Chanyeol was the first one who needs to look for the one who hides. That round Sehun hides on top of the tree which took Chanyeol a while to find him.

 

“Hey no hiding at the top of the tree, It’s hard to find you there.” The chubby kid whines but Sehun just laughs.  

 

On the Second round, Jongin is the one who searches for his playmates. Again, it took him awhile to find Sehun who was hiding at the empty dog house.

 

“We should not include Sehun in our game next time, he is so good at hiding.” Jongin protests

 

“Hey, that’s not fair. I’m following the rules. You guys are just too lazy to find me!” The youngest of the group answers.

 

“Fine, but in the next round if we will have a hard time looking for you again we will never include you in our game. Ever. Understood?”

 

Sehun nods, this is his last chance, so for him not to be excluded from their next game he needs to hide somewhere more obvious. So when Jongdae began counting, all kids ran around the playground to find places to hide. Chanyeol and Baekhyun hides inside the big dog house, however the two is having a hard time hiding considering how big Chanyeol is and Baekhyun is such a noisy kid. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, decided to hide inside the slide tunnel, Jongin stays unmoved as he hides in front of the tree Jongdae counted at, while the older kids, Junmyeon and Minseok, hides on the bushes. Then there is Sehun who decided to hide at the back of the playground fences.

 

Sehun giggles as he watches his playmates hide in obvious places. If only his hyungs are not so lazy enough to find him at whichever place he hides, he could be hiding at the top of their treehouse by now. Then he sits on the grass and leans on the fence as he waits for Jongdae to find him.

 

“It’s been three minutes, why aren’t they looking at me yet?” He asks himself

 

He stands up from sitting on the grass and takes a peak from the edge of the fences to look at his playmates. However, his eyes widen when he notices that his friends are not there anymore and there’s a big change in the playground. The jungle bars, the slides, and the swings are all gone, and so is the tree where Jongdae was leaning on to count off a moment ago. Quickly, Sehun starts walking back inside the playground calling for his friends.

 

“Baekhyun! Chanyeol! Kyungsoo hyung, guys where are you?” He tries to look for them behind the trees,

 

“Suho Hyung? Jongdae Hyung? Quit hiding guys it’s not fun anymore”

 

Sehun is now panicking. How come his hyungs are all missing and the playground is suddenly so different from how it looks like earlier. He continues walking around, looking for them but no one was inside, but him. Suddenly, he starts crying, he doesn’t know how everything happened but he cannot stop crying as he realizes he is somehow lost.

 

“I want to go home” Sehun sniffles

 

Then he heard sounds of people walking inside the playground, quickly he peaks from the fences to see if it is his hyungs, but unfortunately, it is a group of people, male and females bringing flowers and other materials inside their playground. Sehun began to panic he never saw these people in their subdivision before, and so he doesn’t have any idea who they are. He quickly runs towards the big dog house that is now located at the left corner, while still facing the whole playground, it is still the same dog house they used to hide but this time the paint is already fading.

 

Sehun stays inside and watches how everyone became busy as more batch of flowers, and boxes of fragile materials are being carried inside. There are a lot of c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter