Final

Taking care of Ryeowook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook emitted a loud, painful sneeze. He whimpered immediately after as his sinuses erupted in pain.

He groaned and reached for a tissue. Ryeowook looked into the mirror in his dressing room and watched himself wince as the tissue rubbed his raw nose.

He coughed clearing his throat of phlegm. He slung his bag over his back and sniffed.

Just get through this one rehearsal.

Ryeowook walked up the steps to the stage and found himself out of breath.

.

all the members filed onto the stage.

“There you are Ryeonggu.” kyuhyun said with a smile. Ryeowook stifled a cough and smiled back.

“This concert is amazing; we have to smash this last rehearsal.” Eunhyuk said.

“Yes Eunhyuk.” Donghae droned. Eunhyuk looked at the others warningly then broke into an excited smile.

Ryeowook tapped the back of his head and smiled fleetingly at them all. Something flickered across kyuhyun’s face and he stared at Ryeowook with suspicious eyes. The other boys didn’t notice and disbanded, taking their places on stage.

Ryeowook shot his eyebrows up questioningly at kyuhyun and moved off. Kyuhyun shook his head and kept his eye on Ryeowook. He noticed the flush against his pale skin and his watery eyes.

Kyuhyun grasped his microphone and turned towards his place.

 Ryyowook collected all his energy and tried to sum up all motivation to carry out this rehearsal. Every time he sung it scratched his throat painfully, every time he jumped his head rushed. He fought for breath at the end of every song.

“RYEONGGU!”

It was during kyuhyun’s solo that Ryeowook’s body decided to fail him. Kyuhyun had his eyes trained on Ryeowook throughout the entire rehearsal and didn’t miss the warning signs that Ryeowook was about to collapse.

He dropped his microphone instantly and caught Ryeowook before he crashed to the ground.

Ryeowook’s eyes stayed open and looked up at Kyuhyun.

“I’m sorry.” He said meekly.

“Bloody hell Ryeonggu, I knew you were sick! Why didn’t you say anything? Why didn’t I say anything?” Kyuhyun ranted; he set Ryeowoook on his feet again and led him to the edge of the stage to sit down.

Kyuhyun pressed the back of his hand to Ryeowook’s forehead, it was burning.

Yesung passed Ryeowook a bottle of water as he sighed and held his head.

‘I’m sorry.” He said again. “It was just this last rehearsal; I thought I could get through it.”

Ryeowook felt the pounding in his chest and wiped his nose of his jacket sleeve.

“Obviously not.” Donghae said. sungmin squeezed Ryeowook’s shoulders.

“It okay to be sick Ryeowook.” leeteuk said.

Group managers and people from backstage rushed over and fluttered around Ryeowook. Kyuhyun grasped Ryeowook’s hand as his eyes threatened to close.

The manger informed them that their rehearsal would be cut short and Ryeowook had a few days to recuperate before their flight to china.

“hyung, he needs to go to bed and see a doctor.” Kyuhyun told the manger firmly. He nodded.

“I’ll drive him back to the dorm.” Kyuhyun helped Ryeowook up and he leant heavily on Kyuhyun’s shoulder as they walked out.

Kyuhyun got the keys out of his jeans pocket and unlocked the car. He helped Ryeowook in the front seat and handed him some tissues and water.

Ryeowook coughed and rested his head against the seat.

“You scared me.” kyuhyun said. Ryeowook turned his head and opened his eyes. Kyuhyun didn’t take his eyes off the road.

“I didn’t mean to. I know you knew something was wrong at the start, I’m sorry for making you worry.”

Kyuhyun looked at Ryeowook for a moment. His heart surged for Ryeowook and heat swirled in his abdomen. He clenched his jaw and looked to the front again.

“Don’t do it again.” Ryeowook chuckled and closed his eyes.

Kyuhyun stopped the car outside their apartment complex. Not surprisingly, Ryeowook had fallen asleep in the car.

Kyuhyun opened the passenger door and unbuckled Ryeowook’s seatbelt. He looped his arms around Ryeowook’s back and legs and carried him up to his room. He lowered Ryeowook onto his bed.

Kyuhyun bit his lip as he considered taking Ryeowook’s pants off and changing him into tracksuit pants. He settled for taking his jacket and shoes off.

Ryeowook slept soundly in his bed, oblivious to the light kiss placed on his forehead. The covers were pulled up to his shoulders and he breathed heavily onto his pillow.

***************************

kyuhyun jolted awake as he heard the water running from the shower in Ryeowook’s bathroom. He checked the time on his phone and realised he’d fallen asleep on the couch.

He went into the kitchen and turned the kettle on.

Five minutes later Ryeowook appeared with wet hair. He’d changed into a fresh shirt and flannelette pyjamas pants. His bare feet padded against the tiles.

“Put some socks on Ryeonggu.” kyuhyun chastised the boy.

“What are you doing?” Ryeowook said weakly.

Kyuhyun shrugged and placed a cup of tea and toast in front of Ryeowook.

“Making sure you’re okay. A doctor is coming to see you later.”

“I’m fine.” Ryeowook said thickly and nasally.

“Very convincing when you can’t even pronounce ‘fine’ properly.” Ryeowook chuckled and sat on the kitchen counter. He dragged the plate of toast towards him and lifted a piece to his mouth. He winced as the rough toast hit his throat and made him cough.

“Don’t, if it hurts.” kyuhyun took the plate from him and turned his back on Ryeowook. He pottered around the kitchen and then placed a bowl of steaming porridge in front of Ryeowook. He squeezed a bottle of honey and drizzled it over the bowl. He slid a spoon across the counter.

“You don’t have to take care of me.” Ryeowook grasped the spoon and ate a mouthful of the porridge. He s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter