Chapter 1

Pure White Temptation

When people grow flowers, they kill the weeds. That's just the way it works. The flowers are useful to them, so they are loved, while the weeds only cause touble, thus they must be annihilated. And, needless to say, no one even bats and eye at the pain they are causing them. They're just plants after all.

 

When people grow flowers, they spray them for bugs, so that any to wonder onto their pristine petals would instantly fall victim to the deadly poison and wither away before they can cause any damage to the blossom. Again, nobody cares about the insects. They're only bugs after all.

 

And we, we are humans. We live our lives while constantly experiencing joy and wonder, as well as loss, sadness and hatered. We have so many emotions, so many throughts inside our heads and so, so many worries. Thus, we don't have the time to think about some random plant or insect that will easily be replaced anyway.

 

 

Or at least that is what most people believe.

 

 

Eunha looked at her classmate with disgust in her eyes. Her chair was laying on the ground right beside her desk, which was now covered in stray papers she'd scattered on accident. Strands of her hair had fallen over her eyes, making her look like a psycho. She didn't care.

In her haste Eunha had made quite the ruckus, but at least the little critter hidden in the palm of her hand was safe from her seatmate, who had been aiming to swat it mere seconds ago.

The classroom was silent as they satred at her with queastioning eyes.

Teacher Oh was the first to break the suffocating atmosphere.

"Miss Lim, please talk to me about your little outbust after class. Now fix your seat and sit down."

"Yes, miss. I'm sorry for the disturbance."

That wasn't true. Eunha was embarrassed, but she did not regret her actions in the slightest. Thanking God she had made it in time, she threw the spider in the safety of her warm hands a cheeky smile and sat down after discreetly stashing it inside her desk.

After the bell, miss Oh approached her with a troubled look in her eyes.

"Eunha, this has to stop. You must understand that many kids are uncomfortable with insects inside the classroom and it is not your place to disturb my lessons just so you can save your little spider friends."

"Yes, miss Oh, I understand." Actually, it's more like you don't

the teacher didn't seem to be completely pleased with her answer, but relented anyway. With a softer look and motherly tone, she added

"I hope you work out your issues soon, because, to be frank, if you are unable to stomach something as miniscule as killing a spider, you will have a very tough path in life."

The word miniscule made Eunha feel sick. What kind of person sees another beings life as miniscule?

"Thank you for your concern, miss, but I'm okay. May I go now?"

"Yes, you may leave. But think about my words, alright?" Miss Oh pushed her thick round glasses farther up her nose, gave Eunha one last look and turned to her papers, paying no more mind to the teen.

 

Once she was finally free to leave, Eunha all but ran to retrieve her things and left the school building in a haste, wanting to feel the sun's rays as fast as possible.

Once outside in the fresh air, she sighed and relaxed, feeling the soft spring wind on her face.

"EUNHA!" The shrill voice brought her back to her sences as she was greeted with the smiling face of her friend.

With a soft smile of her own, Eunha was about to say hello when she was unsurprisingly interrupted.

"I heard you got into trouble again."

It was just like her to know everything that was going on the moment it occured.

"Seriously, are you some sort of rebel? Should I be worried? Why do you never tell me about these things? You know, the rumors say you're completely insane, but I think you're just a delinquent, what with always getting detention and all. So, what did you do this time? Tell meeeee"

"You know I won't" Eunha chuckled at her friend's whining "But I promise it's nothing serious, so chill, Sana, okay?"

Sana puffed out a frustrated sigh and walked ahead. Eunha followed her as the two girls embarked on their usual treck towards the nearest park.

As they passed by a flower shop, Eunha felt her heart squeeze. The displays were filled to the brim with rootless flowers, doomed to die. The brunette shivered at the thought.

Even the plants humans love they treat despicably.

She had always been the one to care for all living beings around her. It was as if she could feel love and happiness radiating off of every single plant and animal and it crushed her to see any of them suffer or die. Just like right now.

Sana never noticed her foul mood though. She was too absorbed in her little world to care.

She was an energetic girl, always eager to gossip, but never mean about it. They made a strange duo that worked somehow. With Sana being a talkative one and Eunha a listener, they just clicked.

At the moment Sana was telling a story about some girl who got hit in the face by a ball during gym class and actually out when she was startled by pointly fingers jamming into her sides, making her shreak. Sehun's booming laughter was what greeted her before she started hitting him in his stupid chest for scaring her like that.

"You. Oh. Se. Hun. Are. An. Idiot!" Each silable was punctuated by a shaky punch that just left the tall blonde laughing louder. Finally, he stopped the flurry of hits by grabbing both Sana's hands in his and letting one go just to boop her nose in a playful way.

"You know you still love me"

With a frustrated sigh Sana turned back to a snickering Eunha, took her by the wrist and stomped away toward her original destination. Sehun easily followed behind, a usual playful glint in his eyes. Annoying twerp.

 

The sun was shining beautifully through the trees once they had finally made it to their usual park. Without a word, each teen took a seat by a large tree in a secluded corner of the area and began doing their homework.

This had been the group's routine since last year when they all met as freshmen in highschool. They'd had a rough start, with Sana hating Sehun's guts at first for teasing her too much, but eventually all fell into place. Even if Sehun was still a twerp.

 

These midday study sessions of theirs never failed to make Eunha forget whatever bad things might've happened at school and just relax in the nature around her as well as the company of the two people she had come to love and trust.

With content in her eyes, she smelled the fresh scent of nature. It smelled like rain, clueing her in on the downpour to occur soon. She hoped they could finish their school work beforehand.

Relaxing against the trunk of the grand oak tree, she allowed the life around her to calm her and relieve any stress she'd been harboring. Finally, with a determined sigh, Eunha faced her notebooks in preparation for the long study session ahead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You're delusional. You could never bring her to evil." Jongdae took another sip of his soju, gulping it down as if he was parched. Truthfully that was definitely not the case with the amount he'd already ingested.

"Oh? You underestimate me, brother"

Baekhyun was drinking too, though, admitedly much less than his colleague. His glass was filled with red wine instead. The black haired male would take a small sip once in a while, mostly just swirling the mesmerizing liquid around with contemplation in his eyes.

"She may be in love with nature and life, but I can see a deep anger within her heart. She can be tempted."

"Oh yeah? And how do you plan to do that? Seriously, Baek, it's just a bad idea, a waste of time. She has been deemed untouchable."

Baekhyun's confident smirk is all Jongdae needs to know he's tempted himself.

"Let's make a bet."

Bingo

"If I am able to seduce her to harm, you, brother, must give me your title as lord of the undead."

Jongdae slammed his glass on the wooden tabe of the bar loudly after taking a huge gulp of the foul liquid he'd been inhaling non stop for the past 30 minutes.

"A, a, a, hold up there, compadre, what's in it for me? And don't think getting her to hurt some measly being will do the trick. Oh no, no, no, she will have to kill."

Baekhyun seemed unfazed. He'd been expecting this wouldn't be so easy. Jongdae might seem like an idiot, but his eternal life alongside him has taught the demon he is anything but.

"If I lose, you will get all devils I own. That would make about 6 servants in total."

Jongdae raised a disaproving eyebrow.

"How do you not keep count of your servants?"

"They are not that important. I do most of my work alone."

The drunk demon smirked

"Then perhaps I should recieve something a bit more precious. After all, my title is veeeery important to me, so it's only fair..."

Baekhyun's sudden look of understanding showed them both he now fully realised Jongdae was playing him. But there was no backing out now.

Baekhyun was confident still.

"I​​​​​ will give you her soul."

"It is not yours to give, my brother."

"It will be when I have her in my hands."

He bent forward, the gleam of his bright silver eyerises directed at his brother.

"I will kill her the proper way and hand the soul to you. Now doesn't that sound fair?"

"Well... If you are willing to do it that way..."

The red liquid of sin swirled calmly within its glass confinement.

"...I guess it's a bet then."

It spilled over the edge, Baekhyun not paying it any mind as his eyes narrowed in on his brother's.

"I guess it is."

The first drops or rain fell as black smoke puffed up around him, ingulfing it's master untill he disappeared completely.

Jongdae let a silent chuckle slip past his lips.

"Good luck, brother"

​​​​​​​​​

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sana screamed when a particulourly loud crack of thunder sounded above them.

Their little party had disbanded the second the first drops fell from the sky, but none of the teens had made it home safely before all hell broke loose.

Luckily, the possy had found refuge under the roof of a phone booth nearby and were currently cramped within the tight space, Sehun cursing under his breath every 5 seconds.

His head was close to Sana's, meaning her screams were practically dephening him.

After another shreak of terror, he clumsily opened his bag to fish out the headphones he always carried with himself and handed them to a trembling Sana along with his MP3 player. She threw him a shaken but thankful look and quickly drowned out the rain and thunder. Finally, the booth was at peace.

 

 

Eunha looked out towards the rain covered street

It was as if everything had stopped. It was quiet out there except for the pitter patter of raindrops and the occasional roar of thunder and an accompanying flash to make the atmosphere even more eerie.

There was nothing but the street in sight as the thick backdrop of rain covered anything beyond 10 meters away and all that was visible were puddles filled with neon hues from the luminescent sign above.

 

A silhouette seemed to be approaching their booth. It held an umbrella above it's head, the other hand inside it's pocket.

The man, as Eunha now made out, didn't seem to be in any kind of hurry. The rain bounded off his cover like it was afraid to go near him.

Once he had become more visible, she recognised him as a boy around the same age as the prisoners trapped in the phone booth by the neverending rain.

His face was godly. Soft features, excentuated by a sharp jawline and coupled with a lone earring hanging on the left side of his head. The boy faced the booth, he gazed coldly towards Eunha in particular.

Pearcing white eyes. All she could see were those beautiful yet frightning star-like eyerises staring deeply into her soul. She thought she had yet to see something so hauntingly beautiful. Was this a dream?

Just like that, just like a dream or a fantasy, they vanished, replaced by deep black ones instead, still just as fierce and cold as before. Eunha was memorized.

 

Without a word, the stranger opened the door to their hideout, letting in the thundering roar of water, and held out his umbrella.

Once Eunha, confused as she was, tentatively took it from his warm hand, he smirked slightly, nodded his head as if agreeing to a challenge and saluting his opponent, and with his eyes never leaving hers walked away through the rain, drops sliding down his leather jacket.

 

Eunha was still dazed and confused when she stepped out of the booth with the new umbrella she'd aquired.

She had no idea why she'd taken it. There simply seemed to be something particularly alluring about the guy who had handed it to her. He looked so calm, yet there was an undeniable danger about him. His entire presence felt like a threat.

Sehun and Sana seemed rather out of it as well, but quickly came to their senses and gathered under the umbrella.

 

The possy set out towards home, still not fully out of their trans-like state.

 

Eventually Sana hesitantly spoke up, ever the talkative one

"...He was cute, huh?"

Sehun frowned  "He seemed weird. That whole thing was weird"

"Let's just forget it and get home"

 

But Eunha could not forget.

 

He was engraved in her head, filling her thoughts with beautiful white eyes even as she layed unable to fall asleep that night.

 

She wondered if she'd ever see him again.

 

He was already there, watching, but Eunha didn't know.

 

Once she finally fell asleep, that same figure emerged from the darkness of the room.

He bent down to admire her sleeping form and trailed a lone finger down her cheek

"Well, pure one, the game is on"

And I will break you

​​​​​​With the tendrils of black smoke, he retreated into the night to await an opportunity for his next move. This was war.