final

Lies, Lies, Lies

It started with a lie.

 

“I like you. Go out with me.”

 

Baekhyun glanced up at the tall red haired boy through his long eyelashes, eyes widening slightly. Chanyeol thought the boy with pretty eyes looked almost (read: very) cute as he froze in the middle of hallway. Baekhyun slammed his locker shut and he turned to the more-than-6-feet-tall guy, cheeks burning red. He had to look up since the guy is technically a giant compared to his own petite frame. Their eyes locked and Baekhyun couldn’t comprehend what is going on. Is his eyes playing trick right now or is the universe trying to punish him into thinking this is reality when it’s just another one of Baekhyun’s many fantasies of Park Chanyeol?

 

“U-um.. Me?” Baekhyun felt his cheeks flaming with embarassment as his voice cracked. The tall guy chuckled, his baritone deep voice made Baekhyun’s heart fluttering madly.

 

“Yes, you.” Chanyeol titled his head slightly, his red fringes brushed his forehead softly and smiled at Baekhyun. “Go out with me.”

 

Baekhyun thought he couldn’t be any redder than this but he felt his whole face must looked like freaking tomatoes now just by seeing Chanyeol’s dazzling smile. He tore his eyes away from Chanyeol’s penetrating gaze and stared dumbly at the dirty floor instead. He couldn’t trust his voice for the time being so he just nodded meekly.

 

“I’ll take it as a yes.” Chanyeol flashed another blinding smile towards him and he kissed the smaller boy’s right cheek. His hot breath sent tingles to Baekhyun’s whole being as he whispered, “See you later, Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol walked away and Baekhyun nearly collapsed on the floor, thank god for his quick reflex by grabbing onto the locker. Thousands of thoughts were running in his head- most of his thoughts concerning a certain Park Chanyeol - until he couldn’t hear the bell ringing obnoxiously, signalling that he was in fact late for English.

 

.

 

It ended with a lie.

 

“I never loved you. Let’s break up.

 

Baekhyun glanced up at the tall red haired boy through his long eyelashes, a small smile on his lips. Baekhyun slammed his locker shut and he turned to the more-than-6-feet-tall guy, smile never leaving his pink lips. Their eyes locked and Chanyeol couldn’t comprehend what is going on. Baekhyun should be tearing up, lips quivering, breath hitching and he should be questioning Chanyeol- why are you saying this, Chanyeol? Are you breaking up with me? Is this a prank? Why are you making a cruel joke like this?- but Baekhyun smiled. Like Chanyeol didn’t just said he never loved Baekhyun. Like Chanyeol didn’t break his heart.

 

Perhaps Baekhyun didn’t hear him the first time.

 

“I knew that.” Baekhyun said while looking at Chanyeol’s eyes directly, his gaze void of emotion. Chanyeol was taken aback but he didn’t show it. Definitely not what Chanyeol had expected.

 

“I never loved you too.” Baekhyun flashed another small smile towards him and he tiptoed to kiss the taller boy’s right cheek. His hot breath sent tingles to Chanyeol’s whole being as he whispered, “See you never, Chanyeol.”

 

Baekhyun encountered Chanyeol’s lie with a lie.

 

Baekhyun walked away and Chanyeol couldn’t tear his eyes off Baekhyun. He could hear something crashed into pieces, the sound so vivid and loud until he couldn’t hear the bell ringing obnoxiously, signalling that he was in fact late for Chemistry. 

 

Maybe he didn’t break Baekhyun’s heart. Maybe he broke his own instead.