Final

The First

It was a cold December day. With the sun shining brightly, the quietness of the morning filled the air. It was days like these that I loved to go for a walk in the park. I head out in warm attire and took my camera in hopes to take pictures of the life going on around me. Walking in the park, I took snapshots of the scenery that was bursting with life. The liveliness of the children and the stillness of the trees made me feel at peace and in my own little world. It was as if the cold air took away my struggles and the activities around gave me a sense of warmth.

 Taking many pictures of the river and the bare trees, I couldn’t help but wish it was snowing. It hasn’t snowed this year. I’m still waiting to take some shots of a land sleeping under a blanket of snow. Suddenly I felt as if I was being watched. Paranoia filled my veins as I kept still, watching, anticipating. I had this deep feeling in my stomach that someone was watching me, following me. I turned around to find no one. Just some children playing tag. Yet I could still feel someones eyes glued onto me. What if someone wanted to me? No no that wouldn't happen at this time of day. Plus I don't see any dark alleys around.

Convincing myself that it’s probably a squirrel (one creepy squirrel) I sat down on a bench and looked through my pictures. I was so engrossed with my pictures that I didn’t sense the sudden movement next to me. I was oblivious of their presence till they decided to put their arm around my shoulder and pull me close. I was about to scream but a hand covered my mouth.

 “Chill ~~~~~, it’s only me. No need to freak.” said the owner of the arm.

Recognizing the male voice I turned to see my friend Minwoo smirking at me. Minwoo’s been my best friend for ten years now. Our parents are friends so obviously we were bound to meet somehow. We always did everything together. We went on holidays together, went to the same school, and each day was filled with our adventures together.  I told him all my secrets and he told me all of his. Well there was one secret I kept from him. Little did I know, he was keeping a secret from me as well.

“Oh Oppa! What brings you here?” I said. 

“Well I went to your house so we can hang out but your mom said you left. Knowing you I came to the park and pretty much stalked you for a good amount of time.”

When he said that  there was a huge smirk on his face. I bet he knew that I was silently freaking out when I felt that someone was watching me.

 “Seriously? So you were the person giving me this creepy feeling? Ok well since you’re here, you’ll be my model for today. You look somewhat nice.” 

“Somewhat? No I look amazing today just like I do every day of my life.” he said giving a fake diva voice.

“Yeah yeah yeah. OK Mr. Conceited let’s go take some pictures in the city.”

With that said I pulled him up and dragged him with me. I took pictures of the tall buildings, the ongoing traffic, and the buzz of the people rushing to their next stop. I also took some snapshots of him when he wasn’t looking. He already knew I took pictures of him like that so he never minded.

Every time I took pictures of him, I always find myself getting distracted by the way he looks. He always had a smile on his face and it always made his eyes look as it was smiling to. Just the way he looks when he gets sad makes me melt. His cute pouty face and adorable eyes never fails to make me give in to him. I always found him attractive in his own way. He also had his manly charms. His rapping was amazing. He always looks so chic and charismatic when he raps. Gone was the cute bubbly boy. Plus his dancing is amazing. The way his body flows with the music makes you wanna keep watching. You can tell he was very passionate about it. I never told anyone but I developed a crush on him. I mean he’s caring, kind, handsome, charming, and he’s always there for me through thick and thin. He never fails to make me happy. The problem is I believe he only see’s me as the sister he never had. How I wish he didn't though. This is the only secret I kept from him.

Later on, we decided to rest. We went to a little café around the corner. The smallness made the room warm and cozy. The décor made it modern and homey. We ordered, ate and talked about the usual things. I also took this as an opportunity to take pictures of him with those chubby cheeks being filled with food. He just looked so cute!

Time flew by without a notice and we found the dark taking over the once bright blue sky. We decided to walk back home since the twinkling lights of the city made the perfect pictures. The night air was filled with our laughter and the flashes of my camera. As we walked, our hands kept hitting each other. At first I didn’t really notice but then I kept feeling his hand brushing against mine. I decided to move aside a bit to stop it. I kept walking and I found his hand brushing against mine again. It sent tingles down my spine and the thought of him holding my hand made me want to turn my little imagination into reality. I didn’t want to make it awkward so I erased the thought from my head. In the midst of my mind erasing, I felt his hand grab mine.

“It’s annoying that our hands kept hitting each other so why not just hold hands. Plus your hands are cold.” He said without looking at me. I was to busy blushing to notice that he was blushing as well.

The atmosphere fell quiet but it wasn’t an awkward silence. It was a nice peaceful one. I felt as if we were in our own little world and maybe we could just be what I always wanted us to be. I suddenly felt a tug at my wrist and I turn to see that Minwoo had stop. I looked around to see that we were back at the park. I didn’t even realize he brought me here. I looked to find him staring at the ground deep in thought. It worried me because I never saw him this quiet. 

“Hey what’s wrong? Is everything alright?” I asked with a hint of nervousness in my voice. There was a growing silence from him. I was turning impatient. All he did was stare at the ground. I started to walk away after what seemed hours. Suddenly, he grabbed my wrist and forced me to look at him.

“You know what’s crazy?” he started looking straight at me. His seriousness almost scared me. Where was my bubbly happy oppa? “After all these years of knowing you, I kept a secret from you. It’s that somehow I managed to fall in love with you. I fell for the way you laugh at everything. The way you look up when your confused or just thinking. The way that you never fail to make smile even on a gloomy day. Whether you like me or not I wanted you to know that so please be mine by being my girlfriend.” At first I thought he was joking but looking in his eyes, I felt the seriousness and the nervousness he was feeling. Without thinking, I found my head nodding by itself. Suddenly I felt him kiss me. It felt as if the whole world stopped. It felt magical and perfectly right. I was lost into the kiss but was brought back when I heard the click of my camera. 

“You know, I think I like this picture. It captured the moment that I will never forget.” He said while showing me the picture. I don’t even know how he managed to get my camera. Looking at the picture, I could see little white fluffy dots floating around. I looked up to see that it had started to snow. How nice, my first boyfriend, my first kiss, my first love, and the first snowfall to be given in just one day.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THANKS FOR READING?

COMMENTS?