i may have faked it

you could have knocked me out with a feather

The first thing Dahyun sees when she enters the party is Nayeon standing on top of a table sorrounded by people.

"Go crazy! Get out of your mind!" Nayeon cheers excitedly.

Dahyun turns the other way when the crowd cheers back, she decides to look for Chaeyoung and finds her in the corner of the room, nursing a bottle of beer and talking to Sana, who's apparently sharing a story on how she managed to get her foot stuck inside of her fridge.

"I'm not even gonna question how you managed to do that," she greets them both with a hug and a kiss on the cheek, "But it's such a Sana thing"

"I didn't think you would actually be here," Chaeyoung teases her, "Kinda expected you to say you had homework." Sana laughs at that.

"Or bible study, remember that time Jeongyeon was so high that she climbed the roof of the church when we went to pick Dahyun up?"

Dahyun groans and slaps her own forehead.

"Please don't make me remember that, I still get weird looks when she drives me there, and it's been like a year since that, besides, i decided to humor you girls with my amazing presence," She fans herself as she says that "Besides, someone had to make sure you don't overdose"

She hears her before she sees her.

(She knew she shouldn't have come)

"Just admit you wanted to see me Dahyunnie," She can hear the smirk on her face and it makes her stomach feel weird.

(She swears she's just annoyed)

She turns on her heels and rewards the newcomer with a scowl "What are you cocky for, Tzuyu? I wouldn't bat an eye if i saw you doing off a toilet seat" 

"Which is exactly why your comment was innecesary, Chaeyoung, Sana and Momo wouldn't do coke, Nayeon and Jeongyeon are too busy being the life of the party, Mina wouldn't overdose and Jihyo doesn't even remember anything past her eighth shot," She poke Dahyun's cheek and steps closer to her (she hears Sana holler in the background)  "so, technically the only person you should  keep from overdosing on imaginary coke is me, which means you came here from me" 

Dahyun clears and sits back hurriedly, Sana and Chaeyoung are chuckling softly, she hopes they can't see the blush on her cheeks when she turns around "It's just like you to completely ignore the point of that statement"

Tzuyu's smirk gets wider, and she sits down right next to Dahyun

"Actually, i got the memo, you supposedly think I'm a drug addict with loose morals, but let's be real," Dahyun's palms are now sweaty and her temple feels hot from Tzuyu's breath, "We both know I've never done drugs in my life and you wouldn't even be seating next to me if I was a bad person, so maybe you don't really think I'm all that bad"

Dahyun goes to respond when a very much drunk Jihyo stumbles into their laps "Dahyun-ah! My child, you came!" Tzuyu takes this opportunity to walk off into the crowd, not before giving Dahyun a smug smirk and a wink (she can't even say that it was poorly executed), it takes her a second to compose herself and get into her usual playful self.

"Ah Jihyo unnie, I only came because I knew you'd be here, honestly" Dahyun laughs when Jihyo gets her in a bear like hug, and she knows Sana can't resist a hug, especially a tipsy Sana, she figures that they really aren't all that heavy, so she humors them by hugging back as best as she can, she loses track of Tzuyu after that.


...

Tzuyu sees her again when the party starts to mellow, only a few of their friends going around, helping Chaeyoung and Momo clean up.

She's sitting on the same loveseat she was at, except this time she's sitting with a very drunk Sana, who's excitedly telling her about the time she adopted a shiba inu when she was younger in Japan (both Dahyun and Tzuyu know that never happened), and Tzuyu finds herself unconsciously smiling despite herself, and it's ridiculous how someone's confused face can be so pretty and funny at the same time

She shakes herself out of her thoughts and approaches them with a pep on her step, she had a purpose this time around, so she kneels in front of Dahyun

"So, Dahyunnie, it has come to my attention that you need a ride home," Dahyun groans, and shakes Sana off as she stands up, making her whine "so, since we live in the same general vicinity, Chaeyoung said I should be the one giving you a ride home"

"Listen, Chou, I know you have a weird fascination for annoying me, and that you like to tease me for some obscure reason," She tries to look intimidating while saying it, but Tzuyu is at least 4 inches taller than her, and Dahyun feels hyperaware of her every move with just a look from her "But if your Fall Out Boy reject tries any weird stuff I'm slapping you off the face of the earth"

Tzuyu actually laughs, a full belly laugh that makes Dahyun's neck tingly like ASMR has never been able to. When she finally stops laughing she looks at her and grabs her wrist, softly pulling her towards the front door, ignoring the way her hand feels like it's on fire (in a good way).

"If we leave now, we don't have to clean Nayeon's mess," She opens the door, the cold air hitting them.

They make their way to the car quickly and Tzuyu opens the door for Dahyun, who reluctantly gets in, Tzuyu get in her seat and starts the engine.

...

Dahyun looks at her from the corner of her eye as they drive through the dark streets, quickly turning away when Tzuyu looks her way, she doesn't understand why her stomach seems to be swimming in her belly, and why her hands feel cold even with the heat on, why she thinks Tzuyu looks so attractive, in the way she drives with one hand at 12 o' clock  and the other on the gear shift, in the way she's smiling at her.

She vaguely realizes she's been caught staring when Tzuyu blushes lightly "Dahyun, are you even listening to me? I asked if you were hungry"

She shakes herself from her stupor and looks at her with a frown "Where would we even get food at 3 am, Chou Tzuyu?" She doesn't mean to say it with an edge, but she does, and if the other notices, she doesn't say it.

"Are you aware that we live in the 24 hour fast food era, Kim Dahyun?" And maybe she's kind of embarrased that she has to supress a shiver when Tzuyu says her full name, but mostly she just hears her stomach rumbling, and if she were in her right mind, she'd decline whatever she's offering and just eat one of her many cup noodle recipes.

She's not in her right mind, she realizes, when she smiles at Tzuyu and says "I thought you were expensive, what are you doing eating at McDonald's like the rest of us?"

Tzuyu smiles wider, and Dahyun thinks she looks the prettiest when her dimple shows clearly on her face "Is that a yes?"

...

They end up sitting on he hood of Tzuyu's 2006 Mustang, with a bag full of chicken nuggets and a chocolate shake, and Tzuyu never thought she'd be doing this with Kim Dahyun of all people, the girl who has hated her guts since she transferred to her school in her sophomore year, she tells her that much, and Dahyun scoffs.

"I don't hate you, I just think you're an entitled prick with no empathy and a huge ego, but I don't hate you" Tzuyu wonders how she can look so pretty while badmouthing her, and pretends like her words don't hurt, puts a smirk on her face and builds her walls back up, Dahyun notices, and frowns "I guess maybe you're not that entitled, but your ego is the size of the moon and you have no regards for people's feelings"

"You made up an opinion of me without even giving us a chance to be friends, it's not my fault that your prejudice got in the way of your thinking" She dusts her hands on her jeans (Skinny, XXSmall, ripped at the knees, it's such a Tzuyu thing, Dahyun thinks) and lays down "People can be wrong, I, for example, thought Sana was straight, and that Nayeon was a mature individual"

"So you're a horrible judge of character, and I misjudged you, is what I got from this conversation" She laughs and Tzuyu thinks it sounds like hiccups but prettier, Dahyun looks at her and there's a twinkle in her eyes that Tzuyu has never seen before "Maybe you're not as bad as I thought you were, and maybe I've thought so for a while"

Tzuyu sits up and scoots closer to Dahyun, "Maybe I'm not always right, but I was right about you"

The look in her eyes is positively electric, and Dahyun doesn't even bother to hide the shiver that runs through her spine, and she's acutely aware that they're showing each other completely different sides of themselves, it's uncharted territory for her, she goes closer to Tzuyu 

"Really? How so?" Her neck feels hot, Tzuyu's hand is on her waist now, she doesn't make a move to remove it, Dahyun's eyes are on her lips now.

"I always thought you were an angel" Their face are so close that Tzuyu can count the girl's eyelashes, she craves to be closer, "Ever since I saw you that day in sophomore year, when you smiled so prettily at Chaeyoung and scowled at me, I knew I'd like you forever, Dahyun unnie" Her eyes drop to Dahyun's lips.

"Do it, Tzuyu-ah, kiss me"

...

It's riveting, really, kissing Tzuyu feels unlike every other kiss she's had, she feels like she's been soaked in water and burned at the same time, Tzuyu kisses like she means it and Dahyun knows she does.

Tzuyu thinks kissing Dahyun feels like she's been burning up a fever for years, and she can't sweat it out, thinks she smells so girly and so Dahyun that she might be drunk.

They kiss until the sun comes out, on the hood of Tzuyu's 2006 Mustang with a bag of chicken nuggets besides them.

Dahyun is grateful that she decided to come to the party.

Tzuyu is grateful that Dahyun doesn't have a license.