Seung Jo Forgot

A Year After Our Marriage

Seung Jo laid in bed, fantasizing the memories they'll make in Jeju Island. He grinned, and looked over at the clock. "Aish, 6 A.M.?" He got up slowly, not trying to wake Ha Ni up. She didn't have work today, so why would he wake her up? He smiled, and tucked her hair behind her ear. 

He stepped in the bathroom, and stripped into his boxers. He folded his clothes, that he slept in, neatly. He washed his face. He stepped out of the bathroom, and laid the clothes in his closet. "Hm.." he thought about what to wear. He looked at his closet, and took out a button up collared shirt, and khaki pants. He laid them on the bed, and laid back down. "Mm, the bed feels so nice." he murmured, then hugged his wife. He put his leg over hers, and pulled the blanket over them.

She cracked open an eye, and looked at him suspiciously. "Seung Jo? What are you doin--why are you touching me?!"

He widened his eyes, and looked at her body. Sure enough, he was wrapped all over her. "A-Anni.. It's not like that!"

She grinned, and wrapped her arms around him. She pinned him down on the bed, and giggled to herself. "My Seung Jo couldn't wait until Jeju Island, huh?" she said, a smirk dancing on her lips.

His eyes widened even more. "Ha N-Ni.." he stuttered, trying to push away his man side for today. "I need to go to wor-"

She cut him off by putting her finger to his lips. She got close to him, and ed her top.

He shut his eyes tight, trying to calm himself down. "Anni.. Seung Jo, don't you dare look. Think about the hospital.. THINK ABOUT YOUR PATIENTS!"

When he opened his eyes, he found her smiling like a dork. "Nampyeon(husband)," she giggled, trying to get the words out. "You were excited, huh?" She climbed off him, and helped him sit up. She picked up his collared shirt, and ed it. She draped it on his back, and put his arms through the holes.

He was sitting there, giving a speech to himself to hurry to work, even though he's suppose to be there in two hours. "Ha.. Ha Ni."

"Ne?" she answered, giggling. She was proud that she got him this time, and she was going to be boastful about it, only to him.

He opened his eyes, and gave her a stern look. "Wipe that smirk off your face, Oh Ha Ni."

"Hmph! Baek Seung Jo, did you forget who I am?" She grinned, and climbed onto his lap. "I am your wife," she giggled, and covered in a childish way. She pulled her hand off, and smiled proudly. "I got you, huh? Admit it!"

He bit his lip, and carried her. He set her on the bed, "I need to g-go to work." he tried to say with a confident voice--but it didn't work.

She giggled, "Hehe~!"

His phone rang, making a very loud noise. He ran over to it, and answered. "Yeoboseyo?" He paused, listening to his boss's words. "Ne.." he agreed sadly, before hanging up.

"Who was that?" she asked happily, her morning was good so far.

He looked at her with sad eyes, and sat next to her on the bed. "I have to operate on someone's stomach," he was silent for a minute, but then continued. "this weekend."

Her head dropped. She stared at the wooden floor, and pouted. She pursed her lips, and picked her head up. She forced a smile, and nodded. "Ne, that's good."

He looked at her suspiciously, "Jinjja(really)?" He smiled, and pecked her lips softly. "You're such a good wife," He quickly pulled his pants on, and finished buttoning his shirt. He grabbed his suitcase, holding some important documents. "Saranghae." he whispered in her ear, and went downstairs to have breakfast. 

~

Ha Ni laid in bed, trying to calm down by breathing in and out. She shut her eyes tightly, forcing the tears to stay in. She was strong enough not to cry. She trained herself to be stronger in these situations.

"He doesn't even want to celebrate our first anniversary," she mumbled. She pursed her lips, and brang the blanket over her head. She poked her head out of the blanket, a concerned look lingered upon her face. "Maybe he forgot!" She bit her lips, then brang the blanket back over her head. "That's even worse," she pouted, shutting her eyes tightly. "Why after all these days, months, and weeks.. Why would he forget?" her voice trembled.

His eomma stood at the doors, almost in tears. She stomped downstairs to Seung Jo, who was eating breakfast. "Seung Jo! Why don't you and Ha Ni ever--"

Seung Jo cut his mom off, "Eomma! Please don't get in our relationship anymore," he said, before sipping his coffee. He swallowed, and took a bite of him jam covered bread. "Whatever our problems are, we can fixed them on our own."

She pursed her lips, and glared at her son. "Geurae?!" she said, in a harsh tone. "Ne, I'll let you find out this time, without any help." She meaned that, a once in a lifetime expirence. "I would hate to have you as a husband!" she exclaimed, marching off to her room. Her yeobo quickly comforted her, and congratulated her for not getting in their buisness anymore.

Seung Jo shook his head, and laughed. "My eomma is crazy."

~

When Seung Jo got home, he found Ha Ni laying in bed, crying. His felt pain in his chest. He quickly ran to comfort her. "Ha Ni.." he whispered in her ear, and adjusted his body so he was holding her in his lap. He caressed her face, wiping the tears away. "What's wrong?"

She looked up at the blurry Seung Jo, her tears getting in the way. She swallowed, and wiped her tears away with her wrist. "I don't know what came over me," she choked the words out, sighing. She sat up, and wiped her face with the blanket. She forced a smile, and nodded. "Gwaenchana."

"You're okay?" he asked in disbelief. "You were crying your eyes out just now!" he raised his voice, but quickly hugged her. "Mianhae, for yelling," he sighed, and hugged her tighter. "Ha Ni, tell me whats wrong, eh?" He pulled away, and wiped her tears with his thumbs. "I don't like seeing my beautiful wife crying.." he admited, wiping away her tears that were falling down.

She sighed, and untangled herself away from him. She laid down on the bed, pulling the blanket over her head. "Anni!" she yelled, her voice slightly cracking. "Nothing's wrong! Nothing at all!" she yelled again, pursing her lips, and shutting her eyes. She wiped her damp cheeks with the blanket, taking deep breaths.

He jumped, startled at her sudden yell. "Something is wrong," he muttered under his breath, trying to think about it like it was a math problem. (A/N: Typical Seung Jo, eh?)

Eun Jo watched their dramatic play. He rolled his eyes, and whispered. "Wow! You're a genius!" he rolled his eyes again, shaking his head. "Of course something's wrong, babo.." Ha Ni couldn't hear, because her cries were muffling all sounds surrounding her.

"Ya! Go away!" he stood up, and closed the door. "Ha Ni.." he cooed softly, trying to pull the blanket off. "What did I do?" he asked, sighing. He disliked it when she was upset. They'd bicker for days. "Ha Ni," he called out to her again, forcing the blanket off.

Her puffy red eyes, wet cheeks, and millions of tears were reveled. You honestly think it wouldn't be this bad, and she wouldn't have been upset by it this much.. But, she still had the child within her! She's still very emotional, and expects affectionate doings from Seung Jo on special occasions. "Anni!" she yelled, pouting.

"What did I d-" he yelled, but stopping. His eyes were glued onto the calendar, a big red circle on a Saturday caught his eye. Then and there he knew what she was so upset about. He had forgotten their anniversary. "Aish!" he hit his head, disappointed in himself. "Of all days.. ALL days, Seung Jo.. Why would you forget, and unintentionally get a surgery planned on that day? That very.. very special day.." he lectured himself in his mind, cursing under his breath. He sighed, biting his lip. "Ha Ni.." he trailed off. He was out of words, nothing.. nothing would make Ha Ni forgive him.

She saw his eyes on the calendar, and she knew he had remembered. She took the chance, and threw the blanket over her head.

"Ha Ni, jeongmal mianhae!" he exclaimed in a begging tone. "I had forgotten!" he admitted, sighing. "I'm sorry I have a surgery scheduled on that day.. And.. And I'm sorry I didn't even remember our first anniversary.." he tried pulling the blanket off, but it was stuck onto her like glue. "Jeongmal mianhae." he repeated again, feeling guilty. He knew special days like these meant so much to her. Like last time on her birthday.. She was even sad that he didn't remember, and acknowledged it. He knew he had to make it up to her somehow.. someway.

 


Annyeonghaseyo, readers. Thank you for joining me on this first chapter. I kept thinking about wether I should continue this, or make it a one/two/three-shot. Well.. It'll be a short fic.. or a long one. I just have to see where my chapters lead to! :)

Gomawo. :D