Final

destined, may be

"What the hell is this??" yelled Amy in shock, eyes fixed on the gadget in her hands.

"This is true, Amy. I saw this and recorded this without his knowledge. He's a criminal. See now he has killed your best friend" told Jason.

Amy tried hard to suppress her tears, only to fail miserably.

"Control your emotions Amy; we will help the police put him behind the bars. Now stay stronger."Jason patted her back in a comforting manner, yet it had done nothing to reduce her pain.

“How am I supposed to be stronger, when I lost my bestie? I know her only for two months, but it's like I know her for years. I really don't know how I will spend my days without her by my side" Amy sobbed uncontrollably.

"Everything happens for a reason. Now the time has come to say our final goodbye to Jennifer. Also you know now that Kris is a murderer. It's high time you should bid good bye to him too."

"But why should he kill her without any reason? She might have done something." A part of her heart still believed that Kris wasn't a criminal.

"Who knows? Anyway it's a big crime and we should hand over this video to police as soon as possible."

Amy sighed. “Alright. And thank you for letting me know the truth. We will hand over it tomorrow. See you later, good night." She departed with a heavy heart but failed to notice his smirk.

"This is a big opportunity to make Amy fall in love with me. No one can stop that from happening."

Amy told that she would go home, but she found herself infront of Kris' apartment. She can't sleep without clarifying everything. The door opened.

"Hey Amy, wassup?" He tried to smile at her, but she didn't smile back. Instead, she showed the phone in her hand to him. Kris looked at her,wondering who captured it.

"Jason showed me this. Now, I want a clear explanation from you, Kris. Why did you kill her? Are you a criminal? Or what did she do? Tell me everything"

"Don't expect me to answer. I'm not in a mood to explain these all now" Kris said tersely. "And leave me alone." He closed her door without waiting for her reply.

Completely shattered, Amy reached her home. She really didn't know what bothered her so much, the death of her friend, or the breach of trust by her lover.

But destiny decided to answer two of her questions.

1)Next morning,The Guardian newspaper* revealed that Jennifer was none other than Ashley Lawrence, the most wanted criminal of Chicago. Ms.Lawrence faked her identity with the help of numerous plastic surgeries and lived in London for two months. The government of Chicago appreciated the FBI agent who encountered her, even though the higher authorities in police department mentioned that it would have been better if he had captured her alive. The government refused to reveal the undercover agent's identity to the outside world.

2) Kris must be the FBI agent, whose identity wasn’t revealed by government.

*The Guardian is one of the most popular newspapers in London. (Shout out to our Guardian angel!)

____________________

Amy called Kris again and again, but the latter refused to attend the call. "Sorry Amy, I'm not in a position to reveal anything to you" he thought. He tried to switch off his phone, but before he could, he received a text from Amy.

‘Enough of your drama, Kris. The government may have hidden your identity and face, but I know you are an agent. I want to meet you immediately.’

Kris sighed. Now she would demand an explanation from him. He thought that it was time to tell her the truth.

 

In no time, his calling bell rang. Kris opened the door and let Amy inside his apartment. Kris asked her whether she needed any drink.

 

“Cut the formalities Kris. I’m here to ask for an explanation form you for killing Jennifer, or Ashley, whatever it is. I know she’s a criminal. And I also know that you came here just a month ago. If you came here just to kill her, why should you tell me that you are in love with me? Just to break my heart, right?” Amy yelled at him.

 

“I agree Amy. I came here to kill her. And I lied to you that I love you, to prevent you from loving Jason. Do you think he’s genuine? No, definitely not. He knew about Jennifer and he helped her to fake her identity when she came here. In return, she promised to make you fall for Jason. And when I told you that I loved you, they were taken aback. As I expected, Jason started pestering Jennifer and soon, they both were in loggerheads. It was the right time for me to capture Jennifer, but I ended up killing her. I wasn’t aware of Jason’s presence there and he recorded the whole incident and showed it to you. Anyways, London police would arrest him soon, as he was the one helping Jennifer. And I thought of going back to my hometown, but I'm not going back.” He paused. “And I won't continue my job as an agent. I decided this even before taking the case, which is my very first.”

 

Amy was still struggling to process every single word came from his mouth. “Why… why aren’t you going back? And why did you think about quitting the job even before taking the first case? Then why did you join as an agent? ”

 

“Amy, I have resigned my job for many reasons....I wasn't interested in this job. I wanted to become an artist. My dad was an agent which was unknown to me for ages. His final assignment before death was to capture Ashley, which he couldn't accomplish, as she killed him. His final wish was that I should capture her, alive or dead. I came to know about this through his friend and they hired me after some tests, and also as a honour to him. So this was actually my one and only project, which I agreed to complete for my late father." He continued “I lied that I loved you at first. But later on, I realised that my love for you is true, just like your love for me. Besides, I have nothing for me in my hometown, after the death of my dad. I want to live a normal and happy life here with you. Soon, I will become a citizen of England. And yeah, I won’t force you to love me, just because I’ve resigned my job and settling here. The decision is totally up to you. But I don’t want to give up, yet. I just want you to know this all, because you have the rights to know this.”

 

Amy asked “If you are an agent, you must have told me before, right? I would have realised about them and there wouldn’t have been a need for you to lie about your feelings, which eventually became true.”

 

Kris chuckled lightly. “Any agent won’t reveal his identity. My lie became true, as I realised you are very precious. Everything in the world happens for a reason, and we cannot change what is destined for us. I’m not saying that I’m destined for you, but I want to give it a try and I have no regrets. And don’t worry about my future. I love London and I’ll find myself a job, as an artist. I want to lead a normal and peaceful life too, without running to catch criminals endlessly.”

 

For this, Amy smiled too. “Thanks for your honesty, Kris. But I need time to accept everything. What had happened in these two days is too much for me to bear. Hope you understand.”She got up, moving towards the door. Kris accompanied her till the door.

 

“Take your own time, Amy.”

 

She waved her hand at him and he closed the door, smiling. He knew, things wouldn’t be normal between them, and both of them need time. But being Kris, he would never give up.