Final

Jealous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I turn my cheek, music up
And I'm puffing my chest
I'm getting ready to face you
Can call me obsessed
It’s not your fault that they hover
I mean no disrespect
It's my right to be hellish
I still get jealous”

- Jealous (Nick Jonas)

 

Watching Irene pacing back and forth was making Seulgi dizzy, especially since it had been so since Wendy left an hour ago. Irene was also muttering stuffs under her breath and Seulgi was sure that if Irene could breathe fire out of her nose, she would have done so.

 

“Unnie, I’m getting hungry. Do you want to go grab breakfast?”

 

Seulgi rubbed her stomach while pouting cutely, hoping to appeal for her unnie’s attention. It was not her fault that Wendy had a schedule with Eric Nam today, so why was she the one suffering?

 

(Actually, whose grand idea was it to have her best friend sang a song released two years ago? Had they all been sleeping on the masterpiece that was Spring Love for this long?)

 

Irene stopped walking and looked at Seulgi. Seulgi flinched in fear as she saw her leader’s bloodshot and wild eyes looking at her. Irene walked closer to her and Seulgi felt herself shrinking under her look. Irene leaned her head closer to the sitting Seulgi and the younger girl closed her eyes, preparing to be shouted at when-

 

“That’s a good idea. Let’s go grab something near KBS building. Then we can go visit our sunbaenims and…my girlfriend.”

 

Irene smirked after her last word and Seulgi thanked all the gods in this world at the moment that she was not Wendy, not when she had to deal with one mad girlfriend like Irene.

 

*

 

They did not get breakfast, no. Seulgi was lied to. She was the dumb one. She should have figured it out when Irene did her makeup nicely and brought a handbag with her, when the woman avoided handbag like a plague. Seulgi was too naïve, and she paid the price when she hopped in the car wearing a casual outfit and heard Irene saying “KBS building, please,” to their manager.

 

She gave a betrayed look to her unnie but Irene had busied herself texting on the phone, probably interrogating Wendy about the most miniscule thing she had done so far. Seulgi just fell back on her seat with her arms crossed. She knew there was no use in putting up fight now, not when Irene was oblivious to everything else in the world except for Wendy.

 

She patted her stomach and whispered sympathetically to her toned abs, “I’m sorry, but please wait a little longer before we get to eat.”

 

*

 

They got past fans in front of KBS building fairly quickly, since Irene linked their arms together and strode to the entrance with only one thought in mind: Wendy. When they were informed that Wendy was doing her pre-recording then, they rushed to the studio, only giving a quick greeting to the seniors who called out for them.

 

So much for visiting their sunbaenims.

 

The moment they arrived, they took a seat somewhere at the back and Seulgi heaved a sigh of relief when she sat down. Finally, a chance to catch her breath after being dragged. When she turned to Irene, her eyebrows were furrowed and her frown was obvious. Seulgi knew her rest was only temporary. This was proven right when Irene turned to their manager and spoke.

 

“I can’t see. Can we move somewhere closer to the stage?”

 

“I think it’ll be better this way, Irene. Then Wendy won’t get distracted when she sees you girls.”

 

Uh oh. Seulgi saw Irene squinted her eyes at their manager and she quickly shifted her look to her best friends who was discussing something with the staff on stage. Wendy looked bright as always and she looked more comfortable talking to Eric Nam now, after meeting him a few times. Seulgi was happy by this positive development but she knew Irene would probably fume when she saw it.

 

“Better seats. Now. Or else…”

 

Seulgi had goosebumps while their manager gulped. He quickly directed them to a seat closer to the stage and scuttled away, muttering something about getting drinks for them. Irene mumbled a quick thanks and she leaned forward in her seat, eager to watch Wendy, finally.

 

When the camera started rolling, Seulgi was amused when she realized both of the singers had forgotten the lyrics to their own song. Understandable, since it had been years. Irene meanwhile, seemed very delighted whenever Eric Nam forgot his lyrics and cooed over how cute Wendy was whenever she forgot her parts. Double standards, but Seulgi better not point that out i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter