The Only One

Dear Diary, This is Our Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Windy Day

The Start of Their Love Story

“This is the final straw, Oh Sehun!”

Sehun flinched by the yelling voice in front of him

Seeing how his mother’s veins popped out from her head to her neck and how red she was trying not to kill her only son, Sehun knew this was really the end of him.

“Mother, I-“

“Give me your credit card and bike key now.” Mrs. Oh held her palm out and motioned for him to give it to her.

Sehun eyes had already turned round as big as a saucer. “But I really tried my best!” He countered.

“Tried your best? You didn’t even try!” Her voice raised even more.

At this rate, Sehun scared that her mother will be fainted.

“Just give me Oh Sehun or I will call the bank to freeze your card and I will ask Butler Jang to burn your bike.” She threatened.

Sehun let out a frustrated sigh. Without any other choice, he took out his card from his wallet and bike key from his pocket before he unwillingly handed it to her mother.

“Do I have to starve and rot in my room now?” He rolled his eyes, totally annoyed.

“You should think about that before you failed your exam again!” She scolded.

Sehun shrugged and walked to his bed. He fall on his back against the soft king-sized mattress. “It’s not my fault that I’m born as a stupid person.”

Mrs. Oh went to his son. She was breaking inside to act like this towards her only son. She knew it was her fault to not spend a lot of times with him during his childhood. She was a single mother and she had to work extra hard to provide foods to him after her not worthy husband left her and their child 17 years ago.

She was too busy with her business that she neglected her son by thinking he will be fine on his own and by just giving him whatever he wanted.

Now, Sehun was 18 year old, in his senior year in high school but he didn’t show any sign of leadership and reliable enough to take care of her hard-earned fashion empire.

“I’m serious, Oh Sehun. I want to see an improvement in your next test or you have to kiss all your cards, bikes and even this apartment goodbye.” She started to walk towards the door but halted halfway. “And I don’t want your teacher to call me and tell me that you don’t do your assignment and skip school again or you will really get it from me.” With that, she walked out and left the apartment.

Once he heard the front door shut closed, Sehun exhaled a loud sigh. What was he supposed to do without his card and bike? He couldn’t lose his two favourite things for a long time. Without it, he’s nothing.

Realization hit him hard.

He sat up with widened eyes. “I ing need to do something about this.”

---

The next day, Sehun arrived at his high school with his friends.

Since his precious bike had been taken away, he had to ride with Kai who had the same attitude as him. Both of them along with Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were best friends since kindergarten and they were the school heartthrob because of their looks and status as heir to their family’s company.

Sehun, Kai, Baekhyun and Chanyeol brought the bad boy’s vibe which they always skipped school and involved in gang fights. Unlike these four, Suho and Kyungsoo were the most patience ones and also the most intelligent among them.

Suho was one of the school’s tutor in history while Kyungsoo was the tutor for the mathematics which attracted a lot of girls in the high school to sign themselves to be tutored by them.

On top of that, these two were always in the top 10 of the school’s ranking.

Sehun, Kai, Baekhyun and Chanyeol hadn’t attend school for a few weeks now and it was the reason why they were surrounded by girls trying to catch a glimpse of them.

Ignoring the screaming and pushing, the four of them headed toward the tutor’s room. Sehun had to see Suho and Kyungsoo and requested for help to save his life.

“Yo!” Chanyeol hollered as soon as they entered.

The quiet surrounding and students inside who was trying to study was disturbed by them.

Suho and Kyungsoo narrowed their eyes at the intruders. They stood up from their seats and approached them with an annoyed look on their face.

“What the hell is wrong with you guys? People are trying to study.” Kyungsoo hissed.

The calmer one sighed. “Sehun needs our help to tutor him. I just forgot to tell you” Suho said.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “Even if Einstein tutored him, he is not going to pass high school.”

Baekhyun laughed and nodded his head. “I have to agree. This kid is so stupid.” His statement invited Chanyeol and Kai to laugh together.

“Get back at you. I’m not the one who failed all subjects.” Sehun muttered.

Suho gaze moved at the second tallest man in their group. “I’m sorry, Sehun but we can’t help you. As you can see…both of us are occupied but-“

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows and interjected Suho before he could even finish his sentence. “Then how the am I going to get back my card and bike? I have tons of assignment to be submitted.”

“Let me finished will you?” Suho rolled his eyes. “I found someone who can tutor you. She’s smart and I’m sure she can help you with all your troubled subjects.”

“A she huh?” Sehun grinned mischievously.

“You lucky bastard.” Kai nudged.

Kyungsoo looked at Suho in disbelieve. “You don’t mean Jiho, right? Oh hell no. He’s going to bully her for god sake!”

“She is not like the other girls who chases after you, Sehun. She is a sweet girl, Sehun. Treat her nicely. Don’t let me regret my decision to ask for her help. If I heard you made her do all your assignments, I will personally come after you.” Suho warned.

Sehun shrugged. “Whatever. All girls are the same.” He looked around the room. “So which one of them is JIho?”

Kyungsoo shook his head. He already knew this was the biggest mistake.

“She has to see the principal this morning. She will see you in the study room during lunch hour.Don’t be late.” Suho reminded.

“Then I will just eat her for lunch.” Sehun grinned. He just had so much fun making Suho and Kyungsoo boiled in anger.

“Could you even afford to have her for lunch? You have no money.” Kyungsoo retorted making everyone laughed.

Sehun snorted and left the room.

He just wanted to see this girl as soon as possible and let her do all his assignments.

---

Sehun was beyond irritated.

It’s not only he wasted his precious time to be in the study room but he, The Oh Sehun had to wait for someone and not to mention for almost half an hour.

He clenched his fists, trying to calm himself.

It’s not like he could hit a girl. Hence, the only thing he could do was to be patient.

Trying to buy some times, he opened his math book and flipped through the pages. He tried to find one question that he could solve but none of it was easy to answer.

Sehun stopped at one equation question.

It looked easy so he gave it a try.

He took his pencil and studied the question.

He stared at the question for almost ten minutes like the question was an extremely hard one. “What the is this?” He hissed under his breath.

“I’m sorry I’m late.”

He heard a voice of angel apologized from behind. He ignored it because he was too infuriated that she had arrive late when they were supposed to meet half an hour before. He spun his body, ready to give his most terrifying glare at the girl but as soon as he turned around and saw her face, his eyes rounded.

In front of her was the prettiest girl he had ever seen in his entire life.

Her big eyes were hidden behind the round glasses, her nose was small and her lips were small and pink. She was softly smiling at him, looking guilty for coming late.

Jiho came closer and placed her things on the table. “The principal wants to see me again and he kept asking about the upcoming trip.” She shook her head and sat down next to him.

Sehun was frozen in his seat. The only part of him that moved was his eyes. It followed her gentle movements. He could see she was trying to catch her breath. She probably had ran to the study room.

Jiho turned her head to him. “I’m Kim Jiho. Suho told me you have trouble with most of your subjects. Which one do you want to start first?”

He gulped and looked away. It suddenly felt so hot inside the study room.

“My math’s assignment.” His cheeks reddened to admit that he had troubled with his study.

But when he glanced at his side and she was sincerely smiling so widely at him and his heart beat accelerated almost 100%, he knew he might be in trouble.

“It’s okay. We will go through this slowly.” Her eyes turned into crescent moon because of her smiling.

Uh oh. He was in trouble.

---

A month before high school’s student main examination, everyone including his mother and friends definitely can see the improvement in Sehun’s study and behaviour after he was tutored by Jiho.

He didn’t skip school.

His grade increase.

He finished all his assignments before examination.

And it was all thanks to Jiho who didn’t give up on tutoring him.

She just not tutored him but she also changed him for the better.

Only a month of knowing her, Sehun had got to know her better. She was gentle, hardworking and nice. Unlike the most girls he had met before which mostly pretended to be all that because they wanted to attract men but not Kim Jiho. She was different.

It wasn’t only Sehun who was comfortable by her presence. Jiho also felt the same. He was really nice to her and always helped and accompanied her whenever he had free times. To JIho, Sehun was funny and caring.

Only after two months of knowing each other, they had become really closed to each other. Their friends would always catch them together in and out of school. They frequently met up during the weekend too.

When her friends about her relationship with the bad boy Sehun, she would deny it and claimed that he was a good friend to her.

Jiho was too dense in this matter because Sehun didn’t feel the same.

He felt this strong connection between the both of them.

His heart will beat faster whenever she was near him and tingle ran down his spine whenever she accidentally touched or held his hand.

The short period of knowing her didn’t stop him from falling in love.

It was almost the end of December.

Both of Sehun and Jiho finally finished their examination and it was now time for them to think about their future in which college they would like to apply before they went on their short break before graduation day.

Both of them were at their favourite meeting spot outside school which was the café near their school.

Sehun returned to their table with two cups of hot chocolate. He placed it on the table and took a sit next to her. He made sure the side of his body touched her side.

“Which university are you applying?” Sehun tried to sneak a peek on her application paper but she hurriedly hid it against her chest.

“I’m not telling.” She stuck out her tongue.

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. “Why?”

“Because you might follow me.” She teased but Sehun already mistaken it as her earnest thought.

“You hate when I’m with you.” He concluded.

Upon seeing his anxious eyes, her smile disappeared. “I’m just kidding, Sehun.”

He didn’t believe her.

Jiho placed her hand on top of his. “I didn’t mean it. Really.”

Sehun sighed in relieve. “Then tell me your choices.” He used the chance to get the information he desired.

She hurriedly took her paper and showed it to Sehun.

He read her choices one by one.

Korea University, Seoul University and Yonsei University. He nodded his head.

“What about you?” She asked.

Sehun took a careful sip of his hot chocolate before he answered her.

“Same as you."

Because wherever she was, he wanted to be there with her.

---

Blooming Relationship

Summer arrived.

Sehun and Jiho were on their first semester break in Yonsei University.

The both of them had planned to go to the beach along with their friends.

They were having so much time talking with each other at one of the restaurants near the beach during dinner in the evening after playing inside the water for a few hours before that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter