^_^

What is love?

Tzuyu was nervous, extremely nervous. She wasn't sure if she wanted to go to Mina's grand costume party, but her friends insisted her to come with them. They assured her that it will fun and a great way for her to meet new people. It would be a perfect way for her to get over her shyness. Nonetheless, Tzuyu agreed and prepared herself to go to the outing. She was notified that the theme was movies. Tzuyu pondered on the thought on who to be and decided to dress up as Juliet from the 1996's film, Romeo and Juliet. The tall girl picked out a white dress, some angel wings, and a crown to complete her regal look. Her two friends, Chaeyoung and Jihyo, rung her doorbell and waited outside for her to come out. Chaeyoung wore a short black wig and a Marilyn Monroe inspired white dress to portray herself as Mathilda from Leon. Jihyo wore a long black skirt with an orange turtle neck. Her character was Hiroko Watanabe from Love Letter. Tzuyu checked herself in the mirror and clipped a few strands of her hair back before placing the rhinestoned crown on her head. She took a deep breath as she stood there in front of her mirror while fiddling with her fingers. 

"Should I really go?" She thought to herself.

 

"Tzuyu! Hurry up!" Chaeyoung called for her loudly as she began to get impatient while Jihyo tapped her foot. Tzuyu heard the yell and quickly slipped on her shoes before getting her friends any angrier. She rushed down the staircase and walked out the door, finally presenting herself to Chaeyoung and Jihyo.

"Ah, sorry! I'm here!" She timidly smiled as she approached them. They gave her comforting grin back and complimented her costume.

"What a beautiful Juliet!" Jihyo praised her as she scanned her dress. 

"Come on, twirl for us!" Chaeyoung pleaded as Tzuyu rolled her eyes.

"Guys, please..."

Chaeyoung held up one finger and pouted. "Just one twirl."

Tzuyu sighed, knowing she could never deny's Chaeyoung's cuteness. She did an effortless twirl as her friends gasped dramatically, making Tzuyu feel even more embarrassed. 

"Our baby is so pretty." Jihyo sniffed as if she was about to cry.

"She is truly grown up." Chaeyoung added.

"You guys are the worst. Can we go now? I just want to get this night over with." Tzuyu explained as Jihyo laughed at her reaction.

"Don't say that. You might actually have a good time."

"Doubt it." The three linked arms and headed their way towards Mina's mansion.

That's right.....Mansion....

---

"Why do I even have to go? Mina's parties are always so boring." Jeongyeon whined as she walked down the street with her friends, Momo and Nayeon. 

"Boring? Last year, she had an indoor waterslide!" Momo claimed. 

"Yeah and the year before that, she had a rollercoaster!" Nayeon pointed it out. 

Jeongyeon huffed. She didn't think she was cut out for those kind of fancy parties but somehow she always ended up going because of Momo and Nayeon. The blonde didn't even know who to even dress up as. All she had was a gray top, some gold chains, and pair of dark pants. Eventually, she turned it into a Romeo costume. Momo used her pretty yellow dress to become Mia Dolan from La La Land. Nayeon used her old high school uniform and a pair of glasses to turn herself into Mia Thermopolis from The Princess Diaries. There were two Mias and one grouchy Romeo. 

"It's all the same. What am I even gonna do there?" 

"Maybe find yourself a little cutie, hmmm?" Nayeon nudged her playfully as Jeongyeon scoffed. 

"Doubt it."

---

Soon enough, Tzuyu arrived with her friends. The butler escorted them inside, revealing a ballroom that looked like it belong in a palace. They met up with Mina who was preparing the snacks on the table with Dahyun and Sana. She lifted her head up and waved at the guests. 

"Hey guys! You made it!" Mina's lips curved into a crescent. She wore a casual blouse with pants to match, along with a pair of old school headphones to show that she was Vic Beretton from La Boum.

"Do you guys want anything to eat right now? We just finished placing the snacks." Sana offered as the girls politely declined. Her character was Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction.

Yup, another Mia.

She had her black hair length to her shoulders and wore a white blouse with some black pants to fit the role. 

Chaeyoung got excited at Dahyun's costume. She wore black sunglasses with a beanie and suit that matched. Her white shirt was carefully tucked underneath the suit and her fake beard stood out nicely. Chaeyoung pointed at her and smiled widely. "You're dressed as Leon, right?"

Dahyun giggled and nodded. "Yeah and you're Mathilda? Wow, we're from the same movie!"

"This is so neat!"

Jihyo grinned and suggested. "You guys need to take a picture together as soon as possible."

Tzuyu finally spoke up and leaned in closer to Mina. "Ummm, do you have a bathroom?"

"Of course." She smiled and handed her a map which Tzuyu took hesitantly. "You should first head to the right."

"Oh...th-thanks." She glanced at the map and followed the directions to the bathroom, making sure she was careful so she wouldn't get lost. 

---

Jeongyeon made her entrance with Momo and Nayeon. She still wasn't in the mood as she walked in nonchalantly. The music began to play as the girls entered the ballroom. Momo and Nayeon ran to hug Mina tightly as soon as they spotted her. Mina squealed and join in the group hug, leaving Jeongyeon to blankly stare at them.

"Oh my gosh! You guys are here and you look super cute!" She stated.

"Girl look at yourself, Miss Vic." Nayeon pushed her shoulder lightly. 

Eventually, Sana joined into the conversation and pointed at Mina's friends. "I'm sorry to interrupt...but are you two dressed up as Mias?"

"Heck yeah! Mia squad!!" Momo screamed out as the other girls cheered with her, including Mina. 

Jeongyeon was ready to hurl.

"So Mina, what crazy entertainment do you have this time?" Nayeon looked at her as she excitingly jumped in place. 

The hostess smirked and answered. "I have an entire circus coming in soon."

"Oh, this isn't the circus already?" Jeongyeon asked as Momo rolled her eyes at her rudeness.

"You have to excuse Jeongyeon. She still isn't in her party mood."

Mina shook her head and waved her hand around. "Don't worry. I'm sure it will kick in soon."

Jeongyeon kept her expression unpleasant. "Like I said before, doubt it."

---

After a good twenty minutes, Tzuyu finally found the bathroom and did whatever she had to do. After finishing her business, she washed her hands in a vessel sink and used a towel to dry her hands. The bathroom was so lavished and luxurious. Tzuyu didn't believe she even had the right to use the toilet. It looked like it was made out of gold. She walked out once she was done and took out the map. "Alright, time to get back."

It took her forever just to find the bathroom. She hoped that going back wouldn't be as much of a struggle. She glued her eyes at the map and started to make her way back to the ballroom.

---

Jeongyeon watched everyone dance in the middle of the room as she kept herself to the side. The party was blasting with fun and catchy music with lights that complimented the atmosphere. However, Jeongyeon didn't find any of this amusing. She would had rather been at home in her pjs, watching dramas that made no sense. The blonde decided to make use of her time and ventured out of the room to explore the rest of the house. Maybe she would find something more exciting. 

---

"Ugh, this is seriously so confusing!" Tzuyu was getting frustrated with the map. She didn't believe she was anywhere close where she needed to be. "I passed three shoe rooms, seven movie theaters and a spa. Am I even close to this damn ballroom?" 

Truthfully, she was glad she was lost. She didn't want to be surrounded by so many people. Maybe this is what she needed. She eventually gave up and ranged over the hallways. She found one room that was glowing and decided to take a peek at it. She gasped at the sight of an aquarium and walked inside carefully to look at the vibrant blue fish swimming around in the tank. She stood right in front it and admired the fish. She then glanced at the other side of tank and noticed a gorgeous blonde girl staring right back at her with awe. 

Jeongyeon was astonished with Tzuyu's beauty. She had thought she was actually an angel until she realized something. "U-uh..sorry. Are you supposed to be Juliet?"

Tzuyu nodded shyly and bit her lips. "And I'm guessing you're dressed as Romeo?"

"Ah, I didn't think anyone would notice. I barely put any effort into my costume." She cleared . "We should probably stop talking through a fish tank."

"Agreed." The two moved to the side as Jeongyeon held out her hand.

"Jeongyeon...and you are?"

"Tzuyu." She smiled and shook her hand. 

"Tzuyu...that's a beautiful name." Jeongyeon still had little hearts popping above her head.

The Taiwanese beauty blushed as she pushed her hair behind her shoulder. "Th-thank you. So uh.. what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I just felt like exploring the house..and you?"

"I..um.. kinda got lost."

"Lucky, I wish I was lost." Jeongyeon laughed as Tzuyu raised an eyebrow, a bit confused. "Do you need help going back?"

Tzuyu thought about it for a moment before shaking her head. "I honestly don't want to go back."

Jeongyeon furrowed her eyebrows together and tilted her head. "How come? You don't like them or something?"

"No I do! I'm just...shy I guess." She looked down with a saddened expression. Jeongyeon frowned and nudged her shoulder softly.

"Come. I think I know a great place we can go."

Tzuyu looked up at her and stared into her eyes. She confidently nodded her head and followed Jeongyeon out of the room. The blonde lead her to a balcony that she passed by earlier. They stepped outside and leaned against the ledge. Tzuyu looked around the landscape and admired the view.

"Woah, Mina sure is lucky to have a view like this ."

"I guess she is." Jeongyeon nodded as she glanced at the princess. "Still feeling shy?"

Tzuyu looked back at her and gave her a warm smile. "Not really."

That made Jeongyeon glad to know that the girl wasn't uncomfortable around her. Tzuyu closed her eyes and breathed in the air through her nose before exhaling. "This feels so peaceful." She opened her eyes. "Everything is so beautiful."

"I know right, even you..." Jeongyeon stated as Tzuyu's cheeks flushed. She placed her hands against them just to feel how heated they were. 

"I bet you say that to everyone."

"Nope, just you." 

Tzuyu tried to come up with something to say before finally answering. "S-so is this your first party?"

"Naw, I've known Mina for a while. I come here all the time. She's an awesome friend but her parties are just not my thing. I like simplicity you know? I don't need all this to have a good time."

Tzuyu listened to her carefully to her as she nodded. "But are you having a bad time right now?"

Jeongyeon gazed at her and formed her lips into a grin, placing her hand over Tzuyu's. "No actually. I think I'm having a fantastic time."

Tzuyu's heart began to beat quickly from joy. She felt the warmth of Jeongyeon's hand against hers as the two began to slowly inch closer. Their eyes were locked on each other's as they leaned in with their lips just centimeters apart. 

All of the sudden, Chaeyoung stepped out onto the balcony and gasped. "Tzuyu! There you are!"

The pair pulled apart instantly before anything could happen. "We gotta go! The circus is here!"

"I--" Before Tzuyu could saying else, Chaeyoung took her hand to lead her back into the ballroom. Tzuyu looked back at Jeongyeon with a disheartened expression but still followed her friend. Jeongyeon stood there for a few moments, not knowing what to say or do until she finally came back to her senses.

She tried to follow her back to the party but lost her in the sea of people as soon as she entered the room. There were jugglers, acrobats, tightrope walkers, unicyclists, dancers and so much more.

"Tzuyu??? Tzuyu???" She looked around but could not find her anywhere. She growled in frustration as she ruffled her own hair. She decided to walk outside to get some air so she could calm down. The butler opened the door for her as she walked out and sat on the grass, rubbing her face. She decided to close her eyes and do what Tzuyu did earlier. She took in a deep breath and exhaled, letting out all the tension that was bottled up in her body. She had to find peace within herself. 

"Did you find an escape, too?" She heard the sound of the familiar soft voice before turning back to notice the angel she had seen earlier.

"T-Tzuyu....I.."

This time, the younger one held out her hand and smiled. "Come on, let's get out of here."

Jeongyeon's expression instantly changed as she beamed at her, taking her hand right away to get up. Together, they ran out of the gates and started their own journey that night...

as the lesbian version of Romeo and Juliet

except neither of them died, don't worry.

 

______________________________________

Woooo! I have been dying to write this one shot ever since their mv came out yesterday.

Their fish tank scene killed me! I had to write something about it!

I hoped you all liked it!

Also, take a shot for overtime you read the word Mia.

haha kidding...please drink responsibly.

I love you all!!!

Please upvote and comment!

I would love to hear back from you!!

~JanJan