Prelude

Sense 7

Chapter 1

Yoongi jerked awake with a gasp, a trickle of sweat ran down his brow.

The dream had been so vivid, as if he had been physically there.

The room had been dark and dingy. It was small, just over 8 foot wide, and empty apart from a dirty mattress that lay in the centre. The wallpaper was a yellowed pink colour, flakes of it peeling from the wall like dead skin. There were no windows; just a door, which was closed. The only source of light was the flicker of a lamp next to the mattress.

Yoongi had never stepped foot in the place before, but for some reason it felt familiar.

He glanced around. He gingerly stepped towards the mattress, the rough wooden floor strangely cold against his feet.

There was a sudden rush of noise from outside the door behind him, before it was flung open by a manic looking woman.

She was mumbling under her breath as she stepped passed Yoongi to rummage around the mattress.

‘No no... not today... no I can’t... too soon... must stop him... must stop’ Were the only words Yoongi could catch.

She eventually sat up, now holding an empty syringe. She flicked it for a moment before throwing it to the ground with a smash.

Her hands shook as she reached back under the mattress to pull out a gun.

‘No choice... must stop him... must save them I must...’ Tears fell down her face as she stood up.

She turned her head, her gaze landing on Yoongi for the first time. Her eyes widened before her face morphed into a small smile.

She opened to speak when the sound of heavy footsteps outside the room stopped her.

A man in uniform carrying a gun pointed towards the woman entered the room first, followed by an older man.

Yoongi shivered as the latter walked passed him, a strange feeling of being cold and suffocated consumed him.

The man continued walking until he was in front of the woman. He glanced down at the mattress, before barking with laughter.

‘So this is where you’ve been hiding from me, Lucy?’ His tone was mocking, and Yoongi could almost hear the smirk on his face. ‘Such a silly girl, if you had just come with me I could have saved you all this suffering!’

‘You... had no intention... of saving anyone but... yourself!’ The woman, Lucy, gasped out, her voice hoarse. ‘You are... an ... evil... bastard!’

She spat her last words into his face.

The man sighed, wiping the spit away.

‘Oh Lucy, don’t you know it’s futile? Once I get inside your head I’ll be able to discover the rest of your cluster’ The man said in an almost bored tone. ‘And then I’ll be able to find the other one’s you’ve been hiding from me...’

He jerked his head towards the man next to him who stepped forward.

‘It’s too late’ He continued. ‘You have lost.’

Lucy then looked directly at Yoongi, tears were streaming down her face, before turning back to the man.

‘You’re... right’ She said, her voice still weak. She straightened up, hand still gripping the gun shakily. ‘You have... won...’

The man nodded, as the uniformed man made his way towards Lucy.

He stopped as she began speaking again.

‘The... problem is...’ She lifted the gun slowly up towards . ‘You may... have won this... battle, but you... have... lost... the war’

Without hesitating as the man yelled a shocked ‘no’, she pulled the trigger and collapsed onto the floor.

It was the gunshot that pushed Yoongi back into reality.

He pushed his hair off his forehead with a shaky hand and slowly sat up.

He glanced at his bedside clock; it read 3:00am.

He groaned and collapsed back into his bed, eyes already drooping closed again.

When he woke again at a more reasonable time (if anything before 8:00am can be considered ‘reasonable’) the dream had all but faded to a few disjointed and foggy images.

Seeing that woman look directly at him as she pulled the trigger, a raw pain unlike anything Yoongi had ever seen before, however left him rattled.

He tried to push her from his mind as he got ready to go to the studio, hoping the dream was just some freak one time incident caused by too many sleepless nights watching bad horror films...