HEALED

Healer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Elyxion day 2, Seoul, that was the first day Min Se Yeon saw EXO for the first time in front of her eyes, and that was also the day when Byun Baekhyun saw her for the first time too; just another excited fan in one of the front rows. She looked happy at the concert.

It was around an hour after the concert had ended that EXO was supposed to leave the arena. Most of the fans were gone except for the few, some fan site owners and other obsessed fans, that still stood out in the chilled air to wait for EXO to come out. There was a scream when they came out but it died out only minutes after they had left. Minseok, Chen and Baekhyun were probably tired from the show but not in the mood to go back to the dorms yet. Thus after travelling for some ten minutes, they got down mid way from the van, masks on and decided to take a walk before they return. There were already cameras flashing at a distance but the citizens were civilised enough not to climb on them.

It’s a pity that they remember only few of the many faces that they encounter at the concerts, but Byun Baekhyun was positive that the girl, walking towards them, was the same girl he saw a couple of hours ago, jumping and singing in his concert. Not like she couldn’t recognise them but Baekhyun found it strange that not once did she look up at them nor at the people beside her. However, Baekhyun was the one who kept watching her, until she walked right past them without recognising even a single trace of her idols.

Another late night when Baekhyun had been sitting beside the river just to have some fresh air, he noticed someone familiar. There she was sitting some metres away from him, near to a crowded and rather noisy gang, with her earplugs on. Though he didn’t go talk to her, he kept watching her from a distance. It was weird the way she blocked off the noise using her earphones and sitting close to the crowd of a number of families there, instead of just grabbing a seat elsewhere, the way she stared at the river ahead blankly....it was all very weird and...empty.

Baekhyun had no idea about what was wrong. Without even noticing it, he was starting to run into her more often. He would see her in shopping malls alone, outside the make-up counter, standing there for hours thinking whether to get in. He would see her avoiding empty streets and opt for places with more people. He would see her buying an ice cream and eventually throwing it in the dustbin after having stared blankly at a distance.

It was Christmas fortnight and the streets were very crowded. Another day when he noticed his little fan walking with the same blank look in her eyes, heads down locked in the streets...but what was stranger was the fact that Baekhyun finally noticed her trying to avoid all sorts of physical contact from the people walking beside her. Removing her hands quickly before it could brush someone else; it looked as if she was hiding something in those little restricted actions of hers. That’s when Baekhyun understood that she might have been.....touched; that she was probably scarred.

Unlike the other days, he decided not just to be a silent watcher anymore. He started walking towards her, eyes fixed on the small figure before him taking careful steps and deliberately stops right in front of her tracks. Too busy to save herself from getting brushed by a huge hand beside hers, she didn’t notice the new stranger in front of her....but wait, he is no stranger...he is Byun Baekhyun, Se Yeon’s favourite singer, someone she had known for years. Yet... she backs away, fear reflecting in her eyes from the sudden interaction. Did...she not recognise him?

When Baekhyun was patiently watching her take her next action, she takes a deep breath and said,” E-excus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter