A Fine Saturday Afternoon

Broken?!

 

The sun shining through the window lights up the room earning a groan from the sleeping figure on the queen size bed. Kang Seulgi who recently re-joined the single ready to mingle lifestyle lies motionless as she looks up at the ceiling of her room. Nothing is what’s she feels right now even from breaking up with Irene who cheated on her with Seungwan her best friend she felt nothing.

 

One could say she knew after 3 months when Irene started to smell like Seungwan but she didn't confirm it until she caught the two playing footsies during one of their usual get togethers with Joy and Yeri. She just didn’t care enough to say anything when Irene started to give excuses  saying she’s busy or canceling dates at the last minute.

 

Seulgi wasn’t the best girlfriend but she was loyal to the person who had her heart. They broke up because Seulgi didn’t put in much effort nor did she express herself much. Both parties knew that going in but still decided to dive in, at least feet first this time.

 

Seulgi doesn’t know how Irene is doing since the break up nor does Seungwan contact her often or even at all. It’s been a year since she last talked to either of them. No point in dwelling on it so she finally gets out of bed. Preparing for whatever her day brings. Brushing her teeth, taking shower, getting dress and making some breakfast.

 

Finally leaving the her comfortable abode, the streets of the city seem rather deserted for a saturday afternoon but nonetheless doesn’t bother. She feels better knowing people be bumping into her saying their apologizes and moving on.

 

She doesn’t know where she’s going but that doesn’t bother her either. She knows the city inside and out, finding her way home is a piece of cake.

 

Normally after a breakup one would be seeing memories of the previous partner but for Seulgi she didn’t make anything notable to remember. Not even the simple things Irene did made her miss the older girl’s presence.

The day continues to pass as Seulgi continues to walk through parks, museums and whatever catches her eyes.

 

When she comes back later she sees her favorite food stall is open for dinner so she walks over to get in before the place gets packed. Fried dumplings, Samgyeopsal and kimchi her favorites since they’re easy to make and obtain.

 

“Seulgi!!” the auntie exclaims once the monolid girl comes into her view. Seulgi smiles and bows at the elder coming her way for a hug. If Seulgi had name someone who could make her feel something it would be this auntie whose known her ever since she could run and talk.

 

“How are you doing auntie?” she asked.

 

“I’m doing fine now that you’re here” the latter replies with a smile.

 

“Do you want your usual?” she asked.

 

Seulgi simply nodded and went to sit down. Soon enough the place was filled with people coming in and out with food.

 

Seulgi took her time with some Soju and kimchi on her table before getting to the samgyeopsal she was grilling.

 

“Can we sit here?” a voice asked.

 

Seulgi looked up to see Irene and Seungwan standing in front of her.

Irene dyed her hair grayish purple and Seungwan has dark blue highlights.

They didn’t recognize her through her face mask and hat that was covering most of her face.

 

She nodded and they sighed in relief thanking her because they didn’t want to take it home.

 

“Thank you once again for letting us sit here” Seungwan said.

 

Seulgi just nodded as she returned to eating her kimchi. Nothing was said as both parties continued to ignore what the other was doing. Seulgi was just eating her food while Irene and Seungwan waited for their order.

 

“Irene your order is ready” said auntie.

 

Irene had gone up and grabbed their food.

 

From what Seulgi observed the couple was on a date, they looked at each other with love and affection something she might not be able to do with someone in this lifetime. They looked happy and even with that Seulgi had a small chuckle to herself fortunately Seungwan didn’t hear her.

 

Irene returned with the food and sat down next to Seungwan. “Are you ready to see Seulgi?” she asked the latter.

 

Seulgi had to stop herself from spitting out her food. They were going to see her after a year.

 

“Are you ok?” Seungwan asked as she heard Seulgi cough

 

“I’m fine thanks” Seulgi mumbled while drinking more water.

 

Seungwan nodded her head and turned to get up with Irene “we’ll see you later thanks again for letting us sit here for a bit”

 

Seulgi nodded and watched as the two leave. She was in no hurry to meet them again but she was nevertheless glad she did because in a way just maybe she learned how to express herself to her future significant other.

 

“You’re going after them sweetheart?” auntie asked catching Seulgi’s attention.

 

Seulgi smiled “Yeah Aunty Seohyun I’m going to”

 

Seohyun smiled “Alright my dear be good ok and come visit me more often I miss my deulgi” she said with a pout at the end

 

Seulgi laughed “alright aunty will do”

 

“They care about you and it’s about time you start caring about you too okay?”

 

Seulgi nodded

 

If there’s one thing Seulgi realized it’s that she was never broken and somethings need to be talked about

 

She walked over and gave the older girl a hug before exiting the tent.

 

She saw the two girls she was looking for sitting on a bench with Irene looking through her phone

 

Seulgi took out her phone and dialed what she hoped to be Irene’s number

 

*ringing ringing*

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey its Seulgi”

 

Seulgi wanted to laugh seeing Irene stand up immediately with a smile on her face

 

“Hey Seungwan and I were wondering if you wanted to talk over dinner I got your favorite foods”

 

Seulgi chuckled

 

“What you laughing about Kang” Irene said.

 

“If you want to know then look to your left” Seulgi said and hung up.

 

Seulgi hung up and started to walk slowly towards the girls

 

Irene listened and turn to her left to see Seulgi

 

The elder immediately ran over to the girl and hugged her

 

“I’m sorry” she whispered.

 

“You never had anything to be sorry about in the first place” Seulgi said smiling at the girl after they broke the hug

 

Seungwan walked over with the food and smiled at the two hugging it out

 

“Well then shall we talk this over dinner”

 

“Gladly” Seulgi said.

 

 

A/N: Hope yall enjoyed~~~