fin.

Unveil

 

 

 

"It has been a ing year, Lee Jangjun," Sungyoon vented out his frustration towards his only bestfriend, "Can you stop waking up to tears every single day?" It's such an annoying thing when the first thing Sungyoon would see every morning would be Jangjun's tears.

And that's not it, he'll be talking about how great Jihyun was for an hour after he woke up. Sometimes, Sungyoon would just leave him alone but at particular moment, he would sit and heard to what he's going to say because he needs to stop him from talking.

Jangjun passed a death glare to Sungyoon with his teary eyes, "Shut up, I will not move on until I found someone who looks just like Jihyun," He confessed.

Oh, and hell yes, Jangjun said the same thing every morning as well. Seriously, where could he find someone who looks like Jihyun? He means well, maybe there's someone who looks like her, but will it be the same as her? No right? Keep on dreaming, Lee Jangjun. He had those words in his mind.

The bell rang on the door stopped them from quarelling, "Who's on the door?" Jangjun who was still sitting on the bed with his pajamas on asked the boy who was standing at his door.

Sungyoon shrugged, "Are we supposed to have visitors today?" He asked the boy but Jangjun shook his head as well, "I will go and see it then," Sungyoon said and went to get the door. He opened the door and smiled as soon as he could see a familiar face infront of their house, "Bongjae!" Well, his name is Bong Jaehyun, but Sungyoon preferred to call the boy as 'Bongjae' since it looks cute and special to him.

Jaehyun bowed 90 degrees to greet the boy infront of him. Though, Sungyoon is only few years older than him, but since Jaehyun doesn't have any older brother or closed with one so basically only Sungyoon and Jangjun that he had after his sister left the world.

"Come in," Sungyoon said and Jaehyun timidly put his feet in the house. He looked around as if he finds for someone, "Jangjun is in his room," The boy told the clueless boy. He chuckled a little bit when Jaehyun showed him an awkward expression. Jaehyun is really cute. No wonder Jangjun insisted to take him as his foster brother and made he lives with them. But Jaehyun refused it saying that he should stay in the house Jihyun provided for him.

Jaehyun made his way to Jangjun's room as if he's already familiar with the surrounding. Well, it's not even the first time that he comes here. He would usually come here everytime he had a free time because he remembered Jihyun's last will to always see Jangjun and bring him out.

What did she mean by bring him out? Well, for the past year, Jangjun went to almost nowhere other than his university; solely because of his class. He used to hang out with his other friend but not after Jihyun died. He isolated himself from everyone except Sungyoon. Since Sungyoon lives with him. 

"Jangjun hyung," Jaehyun twisted the door knob and took a peek inside of the room. There's no one in the room. Jaehyun pushed the door and opened it widely to see a mess room. He quietly heaved out a sigh. He entered the room and could hear the sound of water dripping from the bathroom inside the room, "He must be taking shower," Jaehyun muttered and took a sit on the bod; waiting for the boy to come out.

Jangjun came out from the toilet with a frown in his face as he saw the boy who was in his room, "Jaehyun, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"You promised me right? That we're going for a lunch together today," Jaehyun raised both of his eyebrows as he told that words. He sighed when Jangjun didn't give any respond to him because he knows Jangjun's mind was creating some excuse to tell him, "No refusal accepted. You must go out with me today, or I will drag you out with only the towel around your waist," Jaehyun sounds stern with his statement.

As soon as Jangjun saw the boy's serious expression, he knows he shouldn't waste any time longer. Jangjun quickly made his way to the closet and choose a random shirt hanging in it before he put it on. He grabbed a black pants and put it on as well. Complete. He only took 5 minutes to get ready. Jangjun passed a satisfy look towards the boy and Jaehyun just shrugged his shoulders.

xxx

"Where are we going?" Jangjun asked when they're walking non stop since 15 minutes ago. He could feel that his legs giving up with him maybe because he rarely take a walk lately and preferred to stay at home, only. 

Jaehyun's lips curved upward as he looked at Jangjun, "Well," He didn't give any solid answer to the boy and left him dumbfounded.

After almost 25 minutes of walking, they finally arrived infront of a not really familiar restaurant to Jangjun. Is it a new restaurant? He thought. Jaehyun without any second thoughts, he entered the restaurant as if he's regular in here.

Both of them took a sit at the most isolated seat, which is at the corner of the restaurant. There's only two table here and one of it would be their seat. The restaurant looks a little bit more than normal since they're flooding with customers but luckily Jaehyun managed to get a place to sit. Because within a few minutes after they took the seat, the other table has been occupied by someone else.

"Here," Jaehyun passed the menu to the boy infront of him, "I discover this place a while ago since my friend said that it's really delicious here. The most delicious menu here would be the stew," He recommended a menu to Jangjun.

Jangjun simply nodded his head, "Then I will have Soy-bean paste Stew," He said to the boy and Jaehyun quickly raised his hand up to call for the waiter.

"Yes, how can I help you?" The female waiter asked the two boys with papers and a pen in her hand, ready to jot down the menu.

Jaehyun lifted his head up to look at waiter, "We will have one Kimchi stew, and one Soy-bean paste stew, both with rice," He said and passed a smile to her as soon as the waiter had done jotting down the menu.

"How about drinks?" The waiter asked.

Jangjun lifted his head up and stunned. Damn, no wonder the voice sounds so familiar, even the face is familiar too, "Bong Jihyun?" His eyes widened to see the girl who looks exactly like Jihyun was standing right beside him.

"She really looks Jihyun noona, right?" Jaehyun laughed looking at Jangjun's silly reaction, "But she's not Jihyun. Her name is Soyoon," The boy introduced the girl who looks exactly like her sister to Jangjun.

The waiter's lips then curved slightly upwards as she passed a really awkward smile to both Jangjun and Jaehyun, "Drink?" She asked for the same question again as the boys didn't answer her question.

"I will take Iced Peach Tea," Jangjun said but his eyes still locked on the girl. How can she looks exactly the same as Jihyun? Is this a dream or it's really happening?

"Me too,"

The girl then took the menu away with the order in her hand; walking towards the counter to pass the ordered menu. The girl called Soyoon then stayed at the counter, waiting for the next customer to enter the restaurant so that she could continue with her work.

But little thing she didn't feel uncomfortable was, the boy whom sitting at the corner of the restaurant has been staring at her for a long time. As if, he has known her for a long time. That's what disturbing Soyoon so much at the moment.

"How can she looks exactly like Jihyun?" Jangjun furrowed both of his eyebrows as his head slowly shifted looking at Jaehyun who was playing with his handphone at the moment.

Jaehyun put his phone down and looked at Jangjun, "Maybe, it's just a coincidence," He told him, "Actually I come here, because my friend said that there's someone who looks like my sister," Jaehyun explained, "So I tried to come here and it turns out to be true, and I eventually become a part-time worker here since they're short of staff,"

"Are you sure that she was just someone who looks like your sister and not your real sister?"

He frowned, "What are you talking about, hyung? You read Jihyun noona's last letter right? I mean, she wouldn't  lie to us right? I have even confirmed it with the doctor," Jaehyun's voice gradually become slower when he reminds of his sister's sacrification for him.

"Sorry," Jangjun felt bad when he brought the old things back. He slowly grabbed the boy's hand that was on the table and looked at his face, "I shouldn't talk about that anymore," He bit his lower lips.

Jaehyun's lips slightly curved upwards and shook his head, "No, it's okay. It has been a year though. I should accept the fact that she's completely gone and I only have you and Sungyoon hyung now," He tried to assure Jangjun with his warm words but only God knows how much his heart hurts all these times.

Within 10 minutes, the food they ordered finally get onto the table and both of them ate it peacefully without saying any other words more. That would be better for both of them. They guessed.

"Sungyoon, I have a really really really great news," Jangjun immediately opened the boy's room door as soon as he entered the house. He took a sit on his bed and looked at the boy who was only having a towel wrapped around his waist.

The boy scoffed, "Lee Jangjun! How many times should I tell you to knock on the door before you enter my room?" Sungyoon rolled his eyes as he grabbed the shirt hanging in the cupboard and put it on, "What?" 

Jangjun felt excited to tell about what happened today. He promised Jaehyun to not talk about the girl to anyone; but Sungyoon ain't anyone to him so skip that. He was all smiling while looking at Sungyoon and said nothing. Sungyoon frowned as he looked at his weird friend's behaviour.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Sungyoon lost his patience when the boy said nothing and kept smiling like a fool. He must be crazy. Sungyoon should've send him to hospital a year ago. He sighed. When will Jangjun ever accept the fact that Jihyun is gone and he should move on with his life...

The latter scratched the back of his neck, "She's back," Jangjun said and managed to make Sungyoon furrowed his eyebrows, "Jihyun is back!" He told the boy infront of him.

"You're kidding right? How can Jihyun still alive? She's dead, Jangjun. Till when you're going to be like this?!"

Jangjun's smile faded away from his lips upon the words, "She's still alive!" He stern with his words, "Jihyun is still alive," Jangjun repeated the same words.

At this point, Sungyoon knows he shouldn't listen to Jangjun's words anymore or he will only get worst. Jangjun will kept spouting nonsense things and Sungyoon will kept listening to it. Non-stop.

Sungyoon heaved out a sigh, "Bring me to her then," He said, "Only then, I will believe in you," Sungyoon insisted.

Jangjun shrugged, "No biggie," He told the boy before leaving the room in instant. But within few seconds his head popped out again infront of the boy's room, "We will see her tomorrow," Jangjun remind the boy before he left for real.

xxx

"Hi!" Jangjun greeted the same girl he saw yesterday when he's with Jaehyun. And today, the girl was wearing the same shirt and same black pants. but he bet she might have tons of that shirt in her house since she's working here.

Soyoon turned around and her expression totally showing that she's not please with his existence there, "Hi," She bowed a little bit towards the boy since she heard from Jaehyun that he's older than her.

"This is my friend, Choi Sungyoon," Jangjun grabbed Sungyoon's arms and forced him to look at the girl. Sungyoon sighed as he lazily turned his body around.

But then, as soon as he laid his eyes on the girl, his eyes widened to the maximum size, "Bong Jihyun?!" Sungyoon accidentally shouted the name causing the girl to frown.

She was thinking for a while on who the hell is Bong Jihyun but then she remembered that Jaehyun told her that he had a sister and her face totally looked the same as hers. Why does she needs to have an identical look with someone who was already died? 

It's annoying. No joke.

Yet, she couldn't break the promise she made with Jaehyun. She needs to keep it because somehow it wasn't hurt to make someone happy. Though it's only for a while. So she decided to treat Jangjun like Jihyun did once ago. Just, she wasn't confident with herself neither.

She couldn't be like someone else just like that. It wasn't as easy as ABC.

"Why are you here today?" Soyoon greeted with a polite manner with a tray in her hand as she would never put it behind because it's a demand for her to hold it throughout her work or else the manager would deduct her pay for that particular day. And to be honest, she didn't allow to talk to customest but since it wasn't a peak hour yet, so there will be no problem to have a small conversation with the boy in front of her.

Jangjun smiled upon her question, "I come to see you," He excitedly said but Soyoon just nodded, "Do you have free time after this?" Jangjun asked the girl.

Soyoon bit her lower lips as her eyes were shaking due to the sudden question from the boy. It wasn't enough that he comes to see me here, and now he's asking me out? When we barely meet yesterday, seriously?

"I know this may seems rude to you but why do you ask that question?" Soyoon asked in a really quiet voice.

Sungyoon obviously noticed that the girl wasn't comfortable with Jangjun's existence there, "Jangjun, let's just go home. We will come here later. She needs to work though," He held onto both of his shoulders; trying to drag him out but failed when Jangjun forced Sungyoon to let him go.

"You could go home if you want," He told Sungyoon, "I'm going to stay here and wait for her," Jangjun insisted as he took a sit on one of the empty table in the store.

The latter sighed looking at his best friend, "I'm so sorry, Soyoon," He apologized towards the girl in whisper but Soyoon gave him an assurance smile, probably saying that it's okay, she could handle it, "I will bring him back later since I have something urgent to do at the moment," He left the store in hurry.

Actually, he didn't want to leave Jangjun behind but suddenly he received a call from his superior, Lee Daeyeol, asking him to be there as fast as he could because there's an emergency. Sungyoon got no choice other than running for his life. Or else, it will be hard for him to survive later.

As soon as Sungyoon leave the restaurant, Soyoon proceed with her work. It's about the time for all the workes to come here and have a delicious lunch. And since this restaurant was actually short of staff and Jaehyun suddenly had an emergency somewhere else, so Soyoon's works become double as she needs to fill him in. Throughout doing her work, there wasn't any problem other than the boy was kept staring at her. Yes, it's Jangjun.

Soyoon even already received a warn from her manager saying that she should get the boy out because he's disturbing the business. He made the store lose one table because his stupid action to wait for the girl until her part-time over. When Soyoon saw there's few people line up to get into the restaurant, by then, she knew she needs to do something.

"Hey," She greeted Jangjun who was still having his eyes locked on her. Jangjun's lips curved upwards as the girl talked to him, "Can you just go home? Since we still need to do business and you're disturbing," Soyoon explained on the situation towards Jangjun.

But Jangjun just couldn't give up his place, "I will only if you promise me something," He told her and Soyoon wasn't in the position to decline it so she quickly agreed with it by nodding her head, "Have a date with me, this weekend," Jangjun told his condition.

Soyoon smacked her lips as she gulped; clearing . She bit her upper lips, closed her eyes before forcefully making the word 'yes' coming out from her lips, "Okay, deal," She said, "So, please?" She politely showed the exit door towards Jangjun.

Jangjun's expression lightened up. He looked totally different before. His smile really... It would be a lie if Soyoon said that her heart didn't skip a little bit when she saw that bright smile.

xxx

"I'm going out with Soyoon!" Jangjun told Sungyoon who was currently watching the drama aired on the television.

Sungyoon frowned, "Wait, what?" His attention completely turned to his friend, "Are you going to go out this weekend?" Jangjun nodded to his question, "I will follow, and Jaehyun too," Sungyoon insisted.

Jangjun scoffed, "Who are you to follow me on my date? Don't you know that this would be my first date after a year!" He exclaimed as he crossed his arms.

"But, Jangjun---,"

The latter rolled his eyes, "I'm going out this weekend and no one can stop me from doing that," He said before excused himself and went inside his room; slammed the door a little bit harder than he used to do.

Sungyoon looked at his best friend as he sighed. He grabbed the phone that was on the table and dialled someone, "Jaehyun," He called out the boy's name as soon as he answered the call, "I have to see you tomorrow," Sungyoon told him, "Oh, you have to work tomorrow?" He hummed, "I will see you after your work then,"

He ended the call and stared onto the blank television as he was already switched it off when Jangjun rambled nonsense things just now, "What should I do about you, Jangjun?"

xxx

Sungyoon was already at the convenience store that was quite far from his house since he wanted to avoid Jangjun. He was here waiting for Jaehyun because he had something to say towards the boy. From afar, he could see Jaehyun was walking towards him. He's wearing a grey hoodie with black pants. It hasn't too much different from Sungyoon who was wearing a black hoodie and black pants. 

People would say they're siblings from afar though. 

The latter waved his hand towards the boy and Jaehyun smiled upon seeing him. He fastened his pace to get to the boy who was few years older than him, "Hyung," He called out for Sungyoon before he took a sit in front of him, "We should've just meet at your house. It's too cold to be outside,"

Sungyoon quietly shook his head, "No, we can't. I want to talk something, about Jangjun,"

"Jangjun hyung?" Jaehyun frowned, "Oh, I just remind of something. Soyoon told me she's going out with Jangjun this weekend," He claimed, "But she wasn't happy with it," 

He knows it would come to this way. Who the hell would like if a stranger suddenly came into their life and was being nosy on their life? No one like that. No one.

"Why did you bring Jangjun there?" Sungyoon suddenly become serious because he thought he needs to be one if he wanted to splve the problem they're facing at the moment.

Jaehyun become scared because of Sungyoon. He never acted this way before, so why he's acting like a mad man now? His eyes were shaking for a while before he could answer the question, "It's just because----" Jaehyun stuttered while he's avoiding the stare given by Sungyoon, "I want him to see Jangjun hyung smile again,"

Sungyoon sighed, "I know that your intention is nice but this wouldn't help with anything,"

"But why?" Jaehyun curiously asked.

"Since you're already involved, I will just tell you the truth," Sungyoon spoke out his mind.

xxx

It's finally d-day. Jangjun will have an official date after a year with a girl that look exactly like Jihyun, his first love. He was on his way out when suddenly Sungyoon grabbed his wrist, "Are you sure that you want to go?" Sungyoon has been askng the question ever since yesterday and it annoyed Jangjun so much.

Jangjun passed a glare towards the boy, "I will go no matter what you do to stop me, Choi Sungyoon," He sterned, "So let me go," He snatched his hand from the boy's strong grip, put on his shoes and sprinted out from the house so that Sungyoon wouldn't stop him from going anymore.

The latter was walking down the streets, having a light step while his eyes wandered around the neighbourhood. It has been a long time since he went out on the weekend and sure it feels different with many people around him. He greeted each of them and some people would smile, some people who knows him would greet him back and some people will just look at him with a weird stare.

But Jangjun couldn't care less about all those things. Because today, he has a date to attend.

Jihyun, opps, Soyoon told him that she's going to wait for him at the park near his house. Jangjun insisted to take her at her house but Soyoon said they weren't close enough to do that so Jangjun couldn't say anything about that. He needs to slow down a little bit if he ever wanted to know the girl better.

It took him approximately 15 minutes before he reached there. His eyes moving around, trying to find a familiar figure in his vision. He smiled once he found her. She was wearing a light purple blouse with black pants and had a hairband wrapped around her head. And she was looking at the lake ahead of her.

Jangjun was basically tip-toeing as he walked towards the girl. He was planning to make a surprise but as soon as he was inches away from the girl. Soyoon turned around causing Jangjun to startle and jumped backwards, "Oh my God," He held onto his chest as the girl chuckled.

"Do you really think that you could surprise me like that?" Soyoon felt amused looking at the prankster in front of her. But when Jangjun didn't reply to her for a while, she started to get worry. Soyoon approached the boy and put her hand on the latter's shoulders, "Jangjun, are you okay?" She asked the boy who was having his eyes staring on the ground.

Jangjun slowly lifted his head up, looking at the girl with a smile, "I'm okay," Soyoon could finally heaved a sigh of relief upon seeing the boy's bright face again.

"You're scaring me," She slowly hit his arms before she started to walk first, leaving the boy behind.

The latter chased after her and as soon as he could be beside her, "Hey, what do you want to do today?" He asked.

Soyoon lifted her eyebrows and shrugged, "Not sure," She told him, "Maybe, just walking around," The girl said as she fastened her pace in walking.

xxx

"It's really nice to be here," Soyoon said with a cone ice-cream in her hand. Jangjun smiled looking at the girl, "Thank you for the ice-cream," She passed a smile before started to the melting ice-cream.

Jangjun bit his lower lips as he was hesitating to say something, "Jihyun," Soyoon frowned upon the name being called.

"I'm not Jihyun, you know that right?" 

The latter now, didn't look at the girl with a pair of affection eyes anymore, it's more too a serious and a stern one, "You're Jihyun, I know that," Jangjun sounds so sure with his words.

Soyoon gulped as she was afraid by the sudden changes of behaviour of the boy, "Jaehyun told you right, that his sister is dead and I'm so not Bong Jihyun," She sterned with her words because she knows she shouldn't give up in telling the fact that she's not Bong Jihyun. 

Why would she pretend to be someone else? Sigh.

Jangjun grabbed the girl's wrist causing the ice-cream she held, fell onto the ground, "Lee Jangjun!" Soyoon raised her voice as she was struggling to let her hand go from the boy's strong grip, "Let me go for God sake. It's hurt," Soyoon didn't normally cry but she felt like crying knowing that she's totally helpless over here, "Just tell me what the hell is wrong with you?!"

"You're Jihyun, I know that," He repeated the same words before he burst into tears. The grip he had slowly loosen as he brought his head downwards, looking at the ground, "You haven't die yet. I know that. You're still here with me. You won't leave me alone, just like that. I believe that you're going to come back and now you really are," He lifted his head up with a creepy smile plastered on his face.

There's tears running down his cheeks, yet, he's smiling. 

Soyoon knows by now she needs to run and save herself. There's something about Jangjun that Jaehyun forgot to tell her and she's so going to kill the boy once he saw him later.

She brought herself up from the seat and slowly walked backwards, make sure that her eyes were still on Jangjun so that she could assure that Jangjun wasn't going to be anywhere closer towards her. When Soyoon was sure that Jangjun kept sitting in his place, she turned around and ran away from him.

But little bit she knew, someone was backhugging her, stopping her from going anywhere further, "Where do you think you're going Jihyun?" The familiar voice attacked her ears again.

"Let me go, Lee Jangjun," It's almost impossible for Soyoon to let her go by now because Jangjun is way stronger than her and he's big too as well, to be compared with a petite girl like her.

Jangjun just couldn't bring himself to let the girl go, "You're not going anywhere. You have to stay with me here and we will be happy forever ever after,"

"This is not a fairy-tale where you will have a happy ending for all your story," Soyoon was still trying to let herself out from the boy.

When Soyoon was about to give up, she could feel that the grip the boy had around her body slowly loosen and at some moment, the hand lost from her vision. She turned around and could see that Jangjun was laying on the ground and beside him...

This is the boy that came to the restaurant with him a few days ago... What's his name again? Sungyoon? And damn, he had a syringe with a long spike in his hand. Does that means he was the one who made Jangjun laid on the ground now?

"What---," She stuttered, "What is happening?" Before Sungyoon could ever say anything, a voice calling out for Soyoon's name interrupted them. Soyoon looked at that direction and automatically curved upwards when she saw him.

Jaehyun rushed himself towards the girl and pulled her into a hug, "I'm sorry that I make you to do this," He said as he tigthened the hug, pulled the girl closer.

"No, it's okay," Soyoon wrapped her arms around the boy's waist, "It's fine because you're here now," She whispered the words into his ears causing Jaehyun to frown because he had no idea what she's talking about. Soyoon noticed the expression given by Jaehyun and she chuckled to it, "I like you, idiot," She buried her face on his chest as soon as she said that.

Sungyoon looked at the sweet lovey-dovey with a really bright face but then he remembered that there's something he needs to settle here, "I know that you didn't want to let go Jaehyun anytime soon, Soyoon. But we have to bring Jangjun home now or else he would wake up later and I'm sure you didn't want to see him being all crazy again,"

Jaehyun was the one who pulled himself out from the warm hug, "I'm sorry Soyoon. We will talk about this later but first, let me get Jangjun hyung to his home," He assured the girl and Soyoon couldn't do anything other than nodded to his request.

xxx

Sequel

"Since you're already involved, I will just tell you the truth," Sungyoon spoke out his mind.

Jaehyun nodded, "Go on,"

"So, actually, Jangjun wasn't like what you imagined,"

The latter frowned only upon the first sentence coming out from Sungyoon. His expression answered it all as if he's saying, what do you mean by that?

"Okay after your sister died which is a year ago. Jangjun went into a slump. Obviously, you will be saying things like 'he looks okay to me', 'he smiled whenever he's around me', but it's not. He has been taking anti-depressant pills since that thing happened. At first, I didn't know about it either. But when I heard he cried, every single night, I couldn't help but started to get anxious. So one day, when he went out to go to class, I sneaked in into the room and found those pills. And the sad things were I only knew it 6 months after he has been taking the pills,"

Jaehyun focusing in his words,

"And in his room, there were a lot of those bottles that he hid under the bed. I found them but I never throw it away since I didn't want to raise any suspicion. So I let it be. Probably, he didn't even know that I know about him taking those pills. Hopefully he didn't. So when he met Soyoon, for the first time, I could see the changes in him. He becomes brighter and yes, he do smile; a lot. But I didn't look at it as a good news because a moment he would smile and laugh like he owns the world but then without I realized he would cry like he lost the whole world,"

Sungyoon bit his lower lips, trying to hold the tears he has been holding onto,

"Jangjun is someone that I adore. I love him so much because I have no one else in the world. He used to be a happy-go-lucky kid, he never care about what people said to him and most importantly, he had always been genuine with his feelings. He was madly in love with your sister, Jaehyun. I could see it in his eyes everytime he looked at your sister. No, I'm not blaming you for all of these to happen because it's her own choice. But it breaks my heart to see my best friend, broken into pieces and he never try to mend himself back though he had oppurtunity to do. He let himself broken and throw himself into the pit of despair,"

Finally, he burst into tears, clear crystal-liquid running down his cheeks, 

"I have no idea on what should I do at the moment. But the first thing we need to do now is, we need to bring Soyoon far away from Jangjun because I could assure that there will be not a good outcoming for him to keep seeing Soyoon,"