Chapter 1

Jealousy

“Can I just stay here?” Jihoon whined for the nth time today.

Wanna One members, minus Minhyun, Sungwoon, and Daehwi are having short break from filming in Zero Base. All of them, except Daniel and Seongwoo who unfortunately have to film Master Key, are supposed to go to Japan as a surprise event for the other 3 members.

Upon hearing the idea, Jihoon whined immediately, saying that he didn’t want to go and wished to stay at Korea. All of them know perfectly the only reason Jihoon refused to go. Daniel. Filming Wanna One Go has always been one of Jihoon’s favourite schedules as he will be in the same room with Daniel, although they have to keep their interaction to minimum due to cameras but Jihoon can monitor Daniel’s movement and that’s enough for him.

Jihoon hates seeing Daniel have too much individual schedules, not because he is jealous of Daniel’s exposure. But because the amount of people Daniel is meeting during his schedules, both celebrities and staffs. Daniel is too kind for his own good that people might misunderstand Daniel’s kind nature as something else. Just imagining it sends shiver downs Jihoon’s spine.

 

============================================

 

It’s just has been a month since they made their relationship official, all due to Jihoon’s jealousy. Since they lived together as Wanna One, Jihoon had been developing a major crush towards Daniel and Jihoon can see Daniel feel the same. However, they never made anything official; none of them brings out the topic, so they usually just flirt here and there without any status labelling them.

It happens for a good 3 months until one day Jihoon walked in the dorm after spending his time with his family. The dorm is supposed to be empty as the members said that they will be back the next day. So when he saw the door to Daniel’s room opened slightly and the lights are on, surprised and excite Jihoon a little. Did Daniel decided to be back earlier too? Jihoon thought.

Jihoon walked slowly to the door, intended to surprise the older but what he sees surprised him to no end. In the room, he saw Daehwi sitting on Daniel’s lap hugging Daniel, face buried  in the crooked of Daniel’s neck while Daniel is hugging him back while occasionally rub and pat his back. What’s worst is Daehwi is wearing one of Daniel’s large hoodie that is evidently too big for the maknae.

Jihoon’s blood boiled at the sight. Sure, Daniel had hugged him countless time before but never this intimate. Jihoon also had lost count on how many times he thinks of wearing Daniel’s hoodie but didn’t have the nerve to ask. Jihoon even sneaked on the laundry room to find Daniel’s hoodie intending to purposely taking them by mistake but to his dismay, Daniel always picks up his laundry earlier than the other as the older really treasure his belongings.

Jihoon immediately runs out of the dorm after seeing that sight, didn’t forget to slam the front door harder than necessary. That action shocked both Daniel and Daehwi, so Daniel walked out of the room to see Jihoon’s bag lying on the floor. Without much thinking, he bolted out of the dorm to chase after the younger.

Daniel caught up in no time. He held Jihoon’s wrist to stop him and turn him around. Daniel widened his eyes when he saw Jihoon’s eyes stained with tears. Jihoon tried to pry Daniel’s hands away but Daniel only tightened his grip and even pulls Jihoon towards him, hugging him.

Daniel then explained that Daehwi who supposed to meet up with his mother had to cancel his plan as his mother suddenly had something important to attend and while being alone at the dorm, Daehwi read bad comments about him on social media and let his insecurities over power him. Daniel happened to be back early and as Daehwi soaked his sweater with sweat and tears, Daniel decided to lend Daehwi his sweater and comfort the younger.

Listening to that ease Jihoon a little but Jihoon still didn’t like the idea that they both looked too intimate for Jihoon’s liking, so Daniel just go and kissed Jihoon on the lips to shut him up and make things official between them. Jihoon couldn’t be happier than that as this is what he had been waiting for.

 

============================================

 

“No, Jihoon. And that’s final” the manager is beyond annoyed now, “Aren’t you the one who keep requesting to have vacation outside Korea? They just granted your wish, so stop whining”

Jihoon pouted, “But that’s if we go there together, as 11”

The manager just sighs and decided that he better ignore Jihoon. “Filming will be started in another 30 minutes” and left the venue.

After the manager left, Jihoon stormed towards his room and cover himself with pillows and plushies, trying to look pissed.

The other members are used to this side of Jihoon. They know it’s because Daniel won’t be there with them and they 1000% sure if it was other members that are left behind and not Daniel, Jihoon will be on vacation mood. They really don’t want to go to Japan with sulky Jihoon, it wasn’t the greatest idea so there’s only one way. The members simultaneously turned towards the group’s center and they couldn’t believe what they see.

Daniel, instead of going to comfort his sulky boyfriend is going to counter and make ramen to eat. Woojin walks towards Daniel and smack him square on the back of his head, earning a glare from Daniel.

“Yah, what was that for?”

Woojin didn’t back out, “That was for you who supposed to comfort your sulking boyfriend but instead coming here and fill your never-ending hungry tummy” Woojin continues, “FYI, I don’t want to go on vacation with sulking Jihoon. So, do something about that”

Hearing that, a smug smile appears on Daniel’s face, “Isn’t he cute? Being oh so clingy to me. What did I do to deserve such a cutie boyfriend” Daniel said and then back focusing on his ramen.

Seeing Daniel’s reaction left Woojin speechless, so he just throw his arms in the air in surrender and walk away.

Jihoon in his room half expect Daniel to come and comfort him by saying sweet nothings or just anything. But Daniel didn’t even come until the PD starts the filming again. That’s so Daniel. Although they have been in relationship for about 1 month, Daniel still treats him the way he treated other members. There’s nothing special other than occasional peck on the lips in their rare alone time and that’s it. So, Jihoon is determined to change that. The only way is to make Daniel jealous. It’s just fair for Daniel to be jealous as Jihoon is the one who always gets jealous in their relationship.

 

============================================

 

So, here they are, on the plane to Japan. Jihoon, Guanlin, and Woojin sit together with Woojin in the middle. Jihoon turned to Woojin. “Woojin-ah, we are going to do live cam in a while right?” Jihoon asked

Woojin only absentmindedly nod his head

“Help me” Jihoon straightforwardly said

“Don’t wanna” come Woojin’s reply

Jihoon knows it’s not easy asking a favour from Woojin, “I’ll treat you to any food you want in Japan”

That gained Woojin’s attention, “You better keep your promise” when he sees Jihoon nods in approvement, “So, what do you want?”

“I want you to kiss me on the cheek when we do the live cam later on” Jihoon smiled

Woojin paused for a moment before getting what Jihoon wants to achieve, “Daniel?”

Jihoon’s smile grew wider, Woojin understands him the best, “Right, Daniel”

 

============================================

 

In the live cam, they talk about anything and show excitement on their trip but Jihoon’s mind only on his secret mission. Jihoon leans in a little as if he wants to get closer to the camera while in reality he did that so that Woojin will have better position to kiss his cheek.

Woojin on the other hand has a plan on his own. So when he saw Jihoon leans forward, he also leans in and pecks Jihoon. But what unexpected is that instead of kissing Jihoon on the cheek like what they’d agreed earlier, Woojin moved a little forwards so he kissed Jihoon on the cheek at the corner of his lips, dangerously close to his lips. Although it was a slight brush, almost not touching, Jihoon bolted in surprise away from Woojin, eyes wide from the shocking incident.

He thought that Woojin aimed wrongly but seeing from the smirk in the corner of Woojin’s lips, he knows that it was intentional, but there’s nothing Jihoon could do, all done is done. It’s not like he could turn back the time.

In Japan, Jihoon continued his secret mission without fail. He clings on every member on sight without exception. He didn’t know which footage will be aired, so he tried every chance to appear close with the members. Even Jaehwan is no exception.

However, the more he tried to make the Daniel jealous, the more he missed the older. He even whined at his hyungs to buy him a puppy toy plushie just because it reminds him of his boyfriend. He keeps it close to him, imagining it was Daniel with him all day long and it works to some extent.

The night fall in Japan and Jihoon is drained to the core from his hyperactive attempt in making Daniel jealous. He lays on his bed and play with his phone, secretly wishing Daniel to contact him, even for a simple goodnight.

After 2 hours of waiting with no result, Jihoon was about to give up. It’s almost 1 in the morning and they are going to have filming early in the morning. So, he set his phone aside and was about to sleep when he heard a loud beep on his phone indicating he received a new message.

 

From: Nyel Hyung <3

Jihoonieee~~

Are you asleep yet? Sorry for not contacting you earlier, something come up.

If you are asleep, goodnight and have a nice dream

If you are not, I just want to say I miss you already even you just left today <3

I love you :*

 

Jihoon read the message and unconsciously a smile crept up. Suddenly, the idea of making Daniel jealous is not too interesting anymore to Jihoon. Jihoon quickly type back

 

To: Nyel Hyung <3

I’m tired of waiting for your text hyung *sulk*

But I miss you too

Should I call you? Let’s talk a little before going to bed?

Send. In matter of seconds, Daniel had replied back t his message

From: Niel Hyung <3

No, that wasn’t a good idea

You know it’s late and I don’t want to wake Seongwoo hyung up

 To: Niel Hyung <3

You can always go to the living room and talk you know

You don’t have to talk in the room

From: Niel Hyung <3

Still, it wasn’t a good idea, you must be tired

Good night Jihoonie, I love you <3

 

After that last message, Jihoon frowned. Why did Daniel refuse to make a phone call? And that reason? Daniel is a super bad liar. Whatever the reason is, Jihoon is sure he isn’t going to like it. Daniel kept secret from him. Did Daniel is actually with somebody that Jihoon didn’t know of? Did Daniel cheat on him? But who? The most possible person is Seongwoo hyung? Jihoon slapped himself, impossible, he thought. Then Jihoon decided to sleep it away.

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Note:

I didn't manage to say this but to those leaving comments on my other fic (read: Look at me), I'm so thankful and I'll try my best to find something so that I can continue the fic :*

 

Regarding this story,

I'll make sure to finish this story

So, please support me

Comments are always welcome

Happy reading ~~~