Chapter 21

Tug of War

 

"Celebrate, the new spring that we see
I close my eyes and feel you near to me
On this day, a brand new song to sing
Thankful for all the gifts that spring will bring"

 

 

 

Dazing off every now and again, untill the drowsiness finally carried her away.


Soona fell into a very deep sleep and rests for a long time. She wakes up suddenly, hearing someone appear around her, "Jonghyunie," she says instinctively thinking of her elder, but it was a maintenance man, "Oh, sorry... I fell asleep...Um, don't you have the time? Where is Jonghyun...?" She asked, looking in her pocket for her phone.


"It's 11:47pm and I was about to wake you because I have to clean and close the place before 12am. Jonghyun and his female DJ left.. A hour ago.. I am sorry he didn't tell you, I watched you laying down here all day, you've waited too long.."
Soona looked to the window and notices the darkness outside. She stares off at nothing for a few comprehensive seconds, a face of discernment. ".."

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 11

Missunderstanding

 

 

Jonghyun stayed at his studio apartment watching movies, forgetting most of anything the last couple of days. He was in a loud, garish mood. "Aigoooo, that's the 3rd movie tonight... I've been alone here for.. What's that, three days as well kekeke~. It's night time that I want to really make music and I haven't even looked at my work..."


"It's more fitting to have a slow song vibe - like Y Si Fuera Hyeya - but not as deep... Maybe with less acoustics...I really love this song from Jonghyun... Oppa.. I am foolish..foolish, foolish, foolish, foolish." He then recalled Soona from 3 days ago.


"Oh shiiii," he jumpped up from off his bed, scrambling to his phone. "It's 7pm, she is still awake; I'll say sorry. Wow, I told her to wait for me and I haven't even talked with her in 3 days. Well, it happens?"


Jonghyun texts Soona: "Sorry, I completely forgot."


Soona isn't asleep - he was correct - and she hears a bing on her phone.

Meanwhile, as Jonghyun waited for her to reply, Soona sees his text the same minute. "Sorry, I completely forgot?" She read it out loud, confounded by his poor choice in words. "How about this... I'll completely forget this text till I'm already on my plane out of Korea?" She adds back very sarcastically, falling back in bed on her face and tossing her phone aside.  


Jonghyun waits about 7 minutes before becoming worried and fidgety. Like the impulsive and straight-forward guy he was, he texts her a second time.. And third... and fourth....


 "Soona don't ignore me." [1 minute later] "I said sorry, I have no sense." [3 minutes later] "Are we preparing to finish the background for my album?" [8 minutes later] "Soona, I am so sorry, please answer me." Yet she didn't text him back - she was about done at that moment, she'd spend the rest of her time with Kibum if she could.


Jonghyun grumbled from his bed, throwing a lowkey temper-tantrum waiting for her to respond. "I didn't mean it, I honestly forgot. Now she detests me.. Why do people do this to me? I didn't do it on purpose..." He complained to himself - and though he was honest--indeed, he didn't do it on purpose--everyone knows there are somethings unexcused, this being one. He decides to text her again. "I haven't seen you since we were together at the studio.. How do I know you got home safely? Should I show up to your house or file a missing persons report?" He threatened her slightly, but as he texts this, a frustrated smile appeared on his face.  

 


[Two hours later.
-9pm]

 


Rain poured loudly - thunder shuttered softly in the distance. It was a perfect day to stay home all day, alone to relax.  Soona layed in bed eating a tub of ice cream - it wasn't that she felt heartbroken by Jonghyuns apparent fondness for another woman, she was mad he'd make a fake confession and then leave her there for hours, then not contact her for 3 whole days.

 

"He hit that guy upside the head with 3 coconuts," She laughed, watching TV with a clear depressed look in her eyes. She was going to get over it though, she was good at putting her feelings off.


The door bell rung suddenly: it had to be Soona's bestfriend, she knew she was feeling down and they would visit each other often without notice.
Soona, wearing white PJ's and a bunny hat, journeyed to unlock her door for her friend. She looked to her phone, looking for a text from Choa and didn't look ahead as she walked. She opened the door - it's Jonghyun, wet with rain!


"Jonghyun..." She said in shock, holding her phone right infront of him; now she can't even lie. "I.. I.. I don't want to be bother today."


"Aren't going to answer your phone?" He states meanly, proceeding forwards, walking into her home without even getting permission. Actually, she said "I don't want to be bother today," guess it didn't register.


"Yes, come right in..." She adds sarcastically as he walks by her, bumping into her shoulders slightly.


"Do you know how worried I was..?." He claims, not looking at her at all, his eyes bounced about her home curiously.


"That matters to me, why? You're not my boyfriend, I can do as I please. In fact, you show up to my place at 9 at night - do you own a brain?"


"That's the bedroom, right?" He asked paying her no attention, "you're bundled up like a Burito and your cheeks are redish. Did you catch a cold waiting for me?"


"What? I don't have a cold, if anything.... Jonghyun, you can't stay here, I guess we can talk about it tomorrow..."


"D-did I honestly make you sad...?" He then asked her seriously. He didn't know and wanted to know, badly.


"Jonghyun... I have too much pride to answer that truthfully. But.. You just.. Left me there - like I am nothing at all. Like, what the hell? Fine, let me leave soon, peacefully. From lunch time till mid-night was how long I waited. You didn't contact me the next day either, or the day after. I don't care anymore..."

"Aw..." he expressed, walking towards her.


"Don't 'aw' me, please, please, please. You did it in the first place, it's not your place to say aw and pity me. I shall sulk for 200 years. It's ok, I shall leave soon and there will be no more matters like this happening - it's fine..." She smiled belligerently.


"Soona, I am so, so sorry, really. You tell the truth, I shouldn't pity you, I did the dumb thing. I hope you can forgive me - it was dumb and I am sorry. I am forgetful... but Soona..Truth is.. I like you."


"You don't like me, you like that other girl, right? 'Makes sense.' Since you spent a night with her, leaving me there for over 12 hours - she can have you. Besides, you only treat me like this when I yell at you. You just like arguing - the drama makes you, I don't know, makes you excited.."


"Can you not berate me? Is that it, you are jealous of her? Well, don't be.. I.. Sent her home.. Don't be jealous."


"I am not jealous. You're stupid, you're so stupid."


"Don't call me that... "


"NO JONGHYUN," she then shouted at him, voice cracking as tears streamed down suddenly, "you made me feel like complete trash that day. I don't... Like you at all... Go away."


"Soona....I..hate it... If you hurt.."


"There we go, you see me like this. Whatever.. It's whatever.. Understand that I don't care."


"Soona I hate that I hurt you like this..." Jonghyun grabbed her arm as she tried to look away from him, "You were the best person to me lately; we both share a love of music, we have a lot of fun together, we argue alot but I know you don't mean what you say... The Soona I know is loving and kind.. I am sad to hurt that Soona. I will cry...." Jonghyun tells her honestly - his facial expression becomes crumpled with emotions.


"Seriously, are you crying?" she laughed at him slightly, "we can't do this, Jonghyunie, is it really this serious?"


"Soona, YES. You are someone I care so much about, please get that.. I am scared I'd lose you for good because of the stupid thing I did..."
"Jonghyun, it's okay.."

 

She assures him, facing him as he stood in his gloominess, "There is a mint loveseat upstairs, I want you to sit in it, okay? Let's forget it." Jonghyun dropped his head on her shoulder as he cried - it was all kind of perfect in a way, although she didn't exactly know why he was crying.